• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lordreaven448

Lt. General
125 Badges
Oct 11, 2010
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Gettysburg
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Dungeonland
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
So I decided to do an Avignon AAR. I'm just trying out a few strategys with them right now, and determing the % chance of the "BBB" eating you in 5 days:rofl:. But i hav etried out my plan of attack, and you shall see what i have in store.

And heres a picture of the newly named "Best Pope"
palpatine.jpg

:D

Well, lets rock and roll.

First thigs first heres me, surrounded by doom
avignonaarmappic1.jpg

What a pleasent place, but since we are the Best Pope, we need to make sure no one else is called Pope, so we are going to attack "Not Best Pope".
avignonaarplans.jpg

No need to look at pretty sliders now though...............okay Fine, have it your way, we move towards the Land slider
avignonsliderchange1.jpg

Time to launch Operation: Cunning

First things first, get Military acess through France, Savoy, and Milan. Then DoW against Not Best Pope. And Recruit some cannon fod..........I mean Soldiers.
avignonaargoodreplies1.jpg

And my General got "meh" stats (nothing new here)
avignonaargeneralsstats.jpg

I do blieve one famous Pope who's nickname is Salt (no idea why) once said: "No one likes Sardinia"............I can see why now
declarationsofwar1.jpg

*gasp* HOW DARE "Not Best Pope" CALL A CRUSADE!!!!!!!!!
avignonaarcrusadescalle.jpg

Here is Best Pope's plans, he made them himself
avignonaarplans2.jpg

Everything is going as he had forseen
avignonaarmilitaryacces.jpg

Lost one battle, but won the second battle (had to hire mercs to compensate losses)
avignonaarbattleresults.jpg

Got a new friend :D
avignonaaralliances1.jpg

okay so i hit the pic limit so far, but i will make a second post for the result of the war. See you in a few.

Well, it seems when ever i write one of these i get ******** die rolls, heres the 3rd battle of Romagna
avignonaarbattleresults.jpg

I did call my friend into battle (not pictured) and we got REVENGE!
avignonbattleresults3.jpg

Even though Tuscany beat me to the seige, Fortune smiles at me:D
avignonaargoodluck.jpg

So I may receive a bigger prize than i had originaly bargined for, or a stomping from France latter:rofl:

And heres amixed bag of news, Sardinia is no more:cool: But a new Pope was elected, and its not ME! Not Best Papal states won it!
avignonaarmixedbagofnew.jpg

Oh, we got some fresh meat in this war:D
avignonaardow2.jpg

And ofcoures THIS happens when I move on to Rome:mad:
avignonaarofcoursethish.jpg

The balance of power may have tipped:wacko:
avignonaarbalancetippin.jpg

**************:mad:
avignonaarbadluck.jpg

YES!!!!!!! Schism has ended!!!!!!!:cool::D:rofl:
avignonaarschismended.jpg

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 Victory:)
avignonaarpeace.jpg

So we have a VERY good start, I look forward to updating tomorrow. Anyone have any ideas on where to go next?

Last edited:
I'm assuming there's no way to form the Papal State unless you get the proper event.

Now you must conquer Italia of course!

I don't think Avignon has an event to become Papal States, Oh well, that just means we'll conquer the other nations too in order to prove them wrong.

Great, found this one in time to comment - I read your Saruhan AAR as well but you were already annexed. :D Very nice start here - unconventional, but I guess it has to be when you play Avignon. Hopefully you can keep your gains and later build on them.

Great, found this one in time to comment - I read your Saruhan AAR as well but you were already annexed. :D Very nice start here - unconventional, but I guess it has to be when you play Avignon. Hopefully you can keep your gains and later build on them.

I actually thught of invading France at one point, but i wanted to survive instead. Another Option was the Iberian nations, but Castille is very picky about her neighbors it seems. I also thought about some of the german OPM's, but then i would be fighting an unwinnable War. So Italy was the only real safe place to expand too. but I have to worry about Naples now, but Hopefully, Aragon, or Sicily will weaken them for me.

Oh, and Thank you for following.:)

Last edited:
Am I the source of this idea :D I was discussing on the boards the ability to play a proper anti pope with curia and all.

So where did His Holiness move to after you annexed the Papal State? The Holy See always pops up in some other Catholic theocracy if annexed (I think) with Avignon having a 50% chance of getting it.

Not this time, not with my cunning plan of cunning which is very cunning, called Operation: Cunning :D.

Is it as Cunning as a fox what used to be professor of Cunning at Oxford University, but has moved on and is now working for the UN at the high commision of Cunning planning?

"Yes, it is"

mmmmmm, that's Cunning.

Free cookies for everyone that got that reference!

Is it as Cunning as a fox what used to be professor of Cunning at Oxford University, but has moved on and is now working for the UN at the high commision of Cunning planning?

"Yes, it is"

mmmmmm, that's Cunning.

Free cookies for everyone that got that reference!

Escapist Magazine, one of Yahtzee's reveiws prehaps? Oh i will update in a bit, have to pick my sisters up from school first, but then i will get to updating.

Not even close I'm afraid!
Here's a hint. If you know what I'm talking about you should recognise it immediately.

The same character often says "Mylord, I have a cunning plan!"

Nice AAR btw :D

Not even close I'm afraid!
Here's a hint. If you know what I'm talking about you should recognise it immediately.

The same character often says "Mylord, I have a cunning plan!"

Nice AAR btw :D

I know the quote, I just can't recall it for the life of me. Anyway, i'm working on the update, will be done in about an hour (i write while playing).

I know the quote, I just can't recall it for the life of me. Anyway, i'm working on the update, will be done in about an hour (i write while playing).

Well for your efforts:

Here is a purse of moneys
PurseofMoneys.jpg

.....Which you can't have.

(nothing?)

Last edited:
What is it with the generation of our nation's infatuation (ouch) with that series?

Our nation's? True I know a few that know it well, but I hardly think it's limited to this place. The show is simply put the single most brilliant work of comedy I have ever seen. And I might add that I came to that conclusion completely on my own, it was not prescribed to me, I simply stumbled upon in on the internet, thought it was fantastic and bought the boxset.

Now I'm kindof a walking source for quotes of "that show". Shall we tweak each other noses and dance in a circle exlaiming nonsensical phrases when someone names it? (yes, another reference)

Status
Not open for further replies.