Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst WritAAR: What would the Anti Pope do?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Worst WritAAR: What would the Anti Pope do?

So I decided to do an Avignon AAR. I'm just trying out a few strategys with them right now, and determing the % chance of the "BBB" eating you in 5 days. But i hav etried out my plan of attack, and you shall see what i have in store.

And heres a picture of the newly named "Best Pope"

Worst WritAAR series:
    Saruhan-Annexed
    Avignon-Annexed
    Genoa- Done.................for now
    Ottomans- Dead (to lazy)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Should be interesting to see whether you get annexed very quickly like your last AAR

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkingsky View Post
    Should be interesting to see whether you get annexed very quickly like your last AAR
    Not this time, not with my cunning plan of cunning which is very cunning, called Operation: Cunning .
    Worst WritAAR series:
    Saruhan-Annexed
    Avignon-Annexed
    Ottomans- Dead (to lazy)

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

Not Operation: Hope????
    Nice antipopal choice...
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Red face

Well, lets rock and roll.

First thigs first heres me, surrounded by doom

What a pleasent place, but since we are the Best Pope, we need to make sure no one else is called Pope, so we are going to attack "Not Best Pope".

No need to look at pretty sliders now though...............okay Fine, have it your way, we move towards the Land slider

Time to launch Operation: Cunning

First things first, get Military acess through France, Savoy, and Milan. Then DoW against Not Best Pope. And Recruit some cannon fod..........I mean Soldiers.

And my General got "meh" stats (nothing new here)

I do blieve one famous Pope who's nickname is Salt (no idea why) once said: "No one likes Sardinia"............I can see why now

*gasp* HOW DARE "Not Best Pope" CALL A CRUSADE!!!!!!!!!

Here is Best Pope's plans, he made them himself

Everything is going as he had forseen

Lost one battle, but won the second battle (had to hire mercs to compensate losses)

Got a new friend

okay so i hit the pic limit so far, but i will make a second post for the result of the war. See you in a few.
    Worst WritAAR series:
    Saruhan-Annexed
    Avignon-Annexed
    Ottomans- Dead (to lazy)

Well, it seems when ever i write one of these i get ******** die rolls, heres the 3rd battle of Romagna

I did call my friend into battle (not pictured) and we got REVENGE!

Even though Tuscany beat me to the seige, Fortune smiles at me

So I may receive a bigger prize than i had originaly bargined for, or a stomping from France latter

And heres amixed bag of news, Sardinia is no more But a new Pope was elected, and its not ME! Not Best Papal states won it!

Oh, we got some fresh meat in this war

And ofcoures THIS happens when I move on to Rome

The balance of power may have tipped

YES!!!!!!! Schism has ended!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 Victory

So we have a VERY good start, I look forward to updating tomorrow. Anyone have any ideas on where to go next?
    Last edited by lordreaven448; 27-01-2011 at 21:44.
    Worst WritAAR series:
    Saruhan-Annexed
    Avignon-Annexed
    Ottomans- Dead (to lazy)

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesRise of Prussia
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

I'm assuming there's no way to form the Papal State unless you get the proper event.

Now you must conquer Italia of course!
    پادشاه عالم پناه

OH SNAP, POPE OFF!

You're going to get served .
    I think he'll be to Rome
    As is the osprey to the fish, who takes it
    By sovereignty of nature.

Second Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete

How many rebels can pop up in Rome? 10k at least? So you own Rome until the first rebellion, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Chamboozer View Post
    I'm assuming there's no way to form the Papal State unless you get the proper event.

Now you must conquer Italia of course!
    I don't think Avignon has an event to become Papal States, Oh well, that just means we'll conquer the other nations too in order to prove them wrong.
    Worst WritAAR series:
    Saruhan-Annexed
    Avignon-Annexed
    Ottomans- Dead (to lazy)

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Great, found this one in time to comment - I read your Saruhan AAR as well but you were already annexed. Very nice start here - unconventional, but I guess it has to be when you play Avignon. Hopefully you can keep your gains and later build on them.
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Quote Originally Posted by Malurous View Post
    Great, found this one in time to comment - I read your Saruhan AAR as well but you were already annexed. Very nice start here - unconventional, but I guess it has to be when you play Avignon. Hopefully you can keep your gains and later build on them.
    I actually thught of invading France at one point, but i wanted to survive instead. Another Option was the Iberian nations, but Castille is very picky about her neighbors it seems. I also thought about some of the german OPM's, but then i would be fighting an unwinnable War. So Italy was the only real safe place to expand too. but I have to worry about Naples now, but Hopefully, Aragon, or Sicily will weaken them for me.

Oh, and Thank you for following.
    Last edited by lordreaven448; 27-01-2011 at 22:09.
    Worst WritAAR series:
    Saruhan-Annexed
    Avignon-Annexed
    Ottomans- Dead (to lazy)

Am I the source of this idea I was discussing on the boards the ability to play a proper anti pope with curia and all.

So where did His Holiness move to after you annexed the Papal State? The Holy See always pops up in some other Catholic theocracy if annexed (I think) with Avignon having a 50% chance of getting it.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireSemper FiMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by lordreaven448 View Post
    Not this time, not with my cunning plan of cunning which is very cunning, called Operation: Cunning .
    Is it as Cunning as a fox what used to be professor of Cunning at Oxford University, but has moved on and is now working for the UN at the high commision of Cunning planning?

"Yes, it is"

mmmmmm, that's Cunning.

Free cookies for everyone that got that reference!
    "There are no limits to what science can explore."

-Ernest Solvay, Belgian Chemist

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1990 View Post
    Is it as Cunning as a fox what used to be professor of Cunning at Oxford University, but has moved on and is now working for the UN at the high commision of Cunning planning?

"Yes, it is"

mmmmmm, that's Cunning.

Free cookies for everyone that got that reference!
    Escapist Magazine, one of Yahtzee's reveiws prehaps? Oh i will update in a bit, have to pick my sisters up from school first, but then i will get to updating.
    Worst WritAAR series:
    Saruhan-Annexed
    Avignon-Annexed
    Ottomans- Dead (to lazy)

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour

Not even close I'm afraid!
    Here's a hint. If you know what I'm talking about you should recognise it immediately.

The same character often says "Mylord, I have a cunning plan!"

Nice AAR btw

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1990 View Post
    Not even close I'm afraid!
    Here's a hint. If you know what I'm talking about you should recognise it immediately.

The same character often says "Mylord, I have a cunning plan!"

Nice AAR btw
    I know the quote, I just can't recall it for the life of me. Anyway, i'm working on the update, will be done in about an hour (i write while playing).
    Worst WritAAR series:
    Saruhan-Annexed
    Avignon-Annexed
    Ottomans- Dead (to lazy)

Quote Originally Posted by lordreaven448 View Post
    I know the quote, I just can't recall it for the life of me. Anyway, i'm working on the update, will be done in about an hour (i write while playing).
    Well for your efforts:

Here is a purse of moneys

.....Which you can't have.

(nothing?)
    Last edited by Beowulf1990; 27-01-2011 at 22:33.

What is it with the generation of our nation's infatuation (ouch) with that series?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Quote Originally Posted by sad king billy View Post
    What is it with the generation of our nation's infatuation (ouch) with that series?
    Our nation's? True I know a few that know it well, but I hardly think it's limited to this place. The show is simply put the single most brilliant work of comedy I have ever seen. And I might add that I came to that conclusion completely on my own, it was not prescribed to me, I simply stumbled upon in on the internet, thought it was fantastic and bought the boxset.

Now I'm kindof a walking source for quotes of "that show". Shall we tweak each other noses and dance in a circle exlaiming nonsensical phrases when someone names it? (yes, another reference)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast