• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some stuff:

AFAIK AHD will be on Steam.

Steam is not required for AHD, in fact none of our internally made games require Steam. CK2 comes closest with the boxed version needing Steam activation, but there is still a non-Steam downloadable version on GG.

If you bought V2 somewhere besides Steam I don't think you can buy AHD on Steam as it will tell you you need Base V2 to play it. Steam does have a feature which allows you to add non-Steam games to your Steam libary, but I have not tried doing this and then buying addons via Steam. It's possible that it might work, but I cannot promise that it will.

I really hope so, Darkrenown's post is not at all clear about this!!!

I didn't mention it as no one asked and it's the same as all our expansions, but yes, you'd use the GG version or whichever other retailers are selling it on the box version. The only one I do not recommend using for the box version is Steam as they require you to have the Steam V2.

So now I have to keep buying of Gamersgate? This is pathetic.

All games should be boxed copies. I'm so sick of this dependence of downloading.

Gamersgate is a crap website. It has more security features to pay than the White House. It's almost like they don't want your money.

I would be willing to pay a premium price to get boxed copies of every game and expansion.

Don't buy it then, no one is forcing you to, but all our expansions (Victoria Revolutions has the last one sold in a box, I think) have been download only. It might be on other online stores if you prefer them, I just mention GG as I know it'll be sold there.

Also don't triple post, edit your previous one if you have a new thought.

Finally, AFAIK, all the Civ5 DLC has been download only.

the patch isnt needed for steam. it should come in 2.1 already. does it not show that version when you start?

No, you need to have the Steam version of the base game to buy the expansion there. There's a lot of sales on now though, look for places like Gamersgate which don't require Steam, to put AHD on sale.

Also, if a thread is over a month old don't bump it, make a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.