• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it is difficult when they haven't provided a key yet, isn't it?

Very true, as I'm running into the same problem. Hopefully Steam gets the CD keys right this time, as their EU3 Complete ones were totally messed up.

Just bought Victoria II AHD in steam, when i check updates it says 2.1 is there but then it doesent finds a house divided and then the setup gets cancelled.
If i try to start vicy II AHD it simply crashes to desktop.
I dont know why this is happening :sad:

Steam AHD is already version 2.1 so you don't actually have to update.

Not sure why it crashes though, check the Tech Support in forums, they have some solutions for common problems. I had issues in the beginning as well.

Hmm I think I have the key for my version. At least when it launches through steam it shows the key sometimes (although I've been annoyed with how long it's been taking so I've just been launching directly as of late).

Not sure if this is just the vanilla key it's displaying though. Either way, why do we need the key? For the forums or is it just not working for folks who haven't gotten one?

I have the perfect place for my Abraham Lincoln icon, he gets to wear a crown, a very fun idea for Canadians, as horrifying as it could be for Americans (American monarchists are few and far between).
So... how do I get it? Purchased on Steam.

GG is a stupid website. They are incompetent in setting up a proper payment system. The Paradox Web Shop is good. Amazon is good.

But now I have all my expansions stuck on there. And stupid Steam won't allow you to add Steam expansions to non-Steam expansions? This is stupid!

Here's a suggestion. Why NOT sell everything from the Paradox Web Shop?

Apologies to Gamersgate. I bought AHD through them and it went smooth. It was moneybookers I was having a problem with. I went through the paypal method and it was fine.

I have a CD-ROM version of Victoria II. If I purchase the AHD expansion on steam, will the download work with my store bought version? If not do they sell a CD-ROM version? I cannot seem to find one. The expansion is on sale on Steam for $9.99, until Nov. 27th.

No, you need to have the Steam version of the base game to buy the expansion there. There's a lot of sales on now though, look for places like Gamersgate which don't require Steam, to put AHD on sale.

Also, if a thread is over a month old don't bump it, make a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.