• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think we also need to give Paradox a lot of credit for listening and being willing to take a look at the final patch code to double check some things in the code for possible problems. The important thing is to catch any serious stuff and fix it before DW comes out if possible.

But there are more things wrong in the "official" patch than there were in the betas, and not only was a new CTD introduced, the CTD they claimed to fix isn't fixed.

Paradox could have taken the easy way out and copied the beta exactly when creating the final patch but instead they tried to fix things like the save game colony bug and I appreciate their efforts to go the extra mile.

To be brutally honest, they should've done that before they rushed the release of what we have now.

I mean, it's great if they're contemplating a 4.2 release to fix what is messed up with the 4.1 patch, but not messing it up in the first place is the better idea. Once the ledger crash was detected, it shouldn't have been released. Once CTD's that they claimed to fix were found to not be fixed, it shouldn't have been released.

Last edited:
Here's a question... Why did Paradox introduce new bugs, make the release of the patch itself bugged, and not solve bugs that are said to be solved in the changelist with the official 4.1? :p

We felt there weren't quite enough bugs yet. Let me tell you, some of these bugs weren't easy to think up and implement in the short time we had to make the patch!

Edit: What "claimed fixes" aren't fixed though?

We felt there weren't quite enough bugs yet. Let me tell you, some of these bugs weren't easy to think up and implement in the short time we had to make the patch!

The "lose your province decisions when forming a country" is my favorite! :D

I can only think of the "CTD on exit" bug. Someone was gonna mention it.

I'm glad we got the patch "officially" or "final" or whatever and I'm not complaining.

Question:
Will there be a patch alongside Divine Wind which fixes stuff for people not buying Divine Wind?

I think we also need to give the Paradox team such as Captain Gars, JohanLerstrom and Tegus a lot of credit for listening and being willing to take a look at the final patch code to double check some things in the code for possible problems causing mods like MEIOU and my own from working.

That is so true. I thank them a lot, with a special note for Captain Gars with whom i've had some message exchanges.

On the other hand, it's too bad they were rushed in a release of a patch that was buggy to begin with :eek:o

To Darkrenown : especially the crash on exit crash bug.

The "lose your province decisions when forming a country" is my favorite! :D

This and the ledger crash are due to DW code being merged in I think :(

Technically the crash on exit fix wasn't in the notes, was it? I thought it was fixed and said so though, so that's my bad.

No idea about further patches, there's not normally once there's a new version out, but that's decided above my level.

This and the ledger crash are due to DW code being merged in I think :(

Technically the crash on exit fix wasn't in the notes, was it? I thought it was fixed and said so though, so that's my bad.

No idea about further patches, there's not normally once there's a new version out, but that's decided above my level.

As long as the beta works, I don't really care.

This and the ledger crash are due to DW code being merged in I think.

I wondered if it hasn't to do with DW code :p

I know that's the usual rule, and we have the beta that works well, but...

:rofl:

Most prominently, the crash on exit bug. That was basically the big headliner for the entire patch. Johan said he was looking into it, and that CTD being fixed was on the original changelist for 4.1 final. However, it isn't fixed.

I am 99% sure it was reported to be fixed on the official release blog area or whatever that is. It isn't there anymore, so I it's possible someone noticed it wasn't fixed and took that claim down. Which is good.

All I'm saying is that this patch feels rushed, and all the non-fixed bugs (CTD on exit, morale bug), new bugs (CTD on page 16 of ledger), and even botched patch itself (HTTT not installed, what?) seem to prove that. I hope the people clamoring for an official patch ASAP are happy they got whatever this is, but IMO, a company releasing sensitive and fidgety material* shouldn't rush their work because they are listening to people who can't open a .rar file.

*Sensitive and fidgety means you deal in software, that isn't a slam on Paradox coding. All software goes kaput if you do something slightly wrong.

Edit: And sorry for the rant...

... but we have seen many gamers who absolutely don't want installing a beta, and were expecting the 'official' update since ... months.

That's their problem. They don't need to be pressuring Paradox into making it everyone else's problem as well.

I hope the people clamoring for an official patch ASAP are happy they got whatever this is, but IMO, a company releasing sensitive and fidgety material* shouldn't rush their work because they are listening to people who can't open a .rar file.

They're listening to people who pay for their products. That's smart business practice.

Please don't get this started again. Every computer-savvy person finds out pretty early in life that most other people are pretty helpless with stuff like that. I struggle to understand why you have a problem admitting either that or the fact that those people pay good money too and deserve 21st century service anyway.

Also, asking for a final patch almost seven months after the last beta doesn't constitute rushing anything.

They're listening to people who pay for their products. That's smart business practice.

Please don't get this started again. Every computer-savvy person finds out pretty early in life that most other people are pretty helpless with stuff like that. I struggle to understand why you have a problem admitting either that or the fact that those people pay good money too and deserve 21st century service anyway.

Also, asking for a final patch almost seven months after the last beta doesn't constitute rushing anything.

Don't get me wrong, it's great that an official patch was finally released. It needed to be released for the people that can't install beta patches for whatever reason. But if they are the reason for all of us recieving a buggy end-product, that isn't a good thing.

Don't get me wrong, it's great that an official patch was finally released. It needed to be released for the people that can't install beta patches for whatever reason. But if they are the reason for all of us recieving a buggy end-product, that isn't a good thing.

I agree, but I don't think they are the reason considering it's been so long since the beta. My guess is that the options were a hurried patch or no patch.

As for the buggy end result, I've decided that it's better to use the beta. Fortunately, it's still available for people like us and I hope that stuff like mods will continue to use it. If that's the case, the official patch does us no harm (though no help either).

If that's the case, the official patch does us no harm (though no help either).

Well, half true.

For my singleplayer adventures, I can use whichever version I want to. But all of multiplayer already transferred to the new patch, and we can't very well transfer back now. Plus, it's hard enough to get new players to download the proper patch and get the right checksum without having to tell them that the "official" patch is the wrong one, and we're actually using a beta patch.

It become very confusing very quickly, even for someone who isn't new. Plus now with another CTD in the ledger, we have to stop games more often when someone crashes accidentally (or because they didn't know about the CTD at all) and that takes away playing time, etc.

Basically, it's hard enough to keep up in a MP game when a new patch is released, but when that patch brings more CTD's to the party, it rubs the community the wrong way...

But all of multiplayer already transferred to the new patch, and we can't very well transfer back now.

Ah, this is absolutely true. This hurts the MP community for sure - I didn't know what the patch situation was there as I haven't visited in a long time.

Where is run as administrator???

When you delete your map cache, should you delete your whole cache folder, or everything in it? (Not delete the whole folder, just the files)