• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But don't worry if you accidentally delete the cache folder as well. It doesn't matter whether you delete the files only or the folder as well. It'll regenerate both the next time you start.

Thanks for confirming this... i wasn't quite sure :p

Could you define: should I install this 4.1b or stay with 4.1? GamersGate says 4.1 is the same as 4.1b.
Technically 4.1 only existed as a beta patch back last December; every patch since then has been 4.1b including the 'official' patch announced in this thread.

If you were already using the 4/29 beta patch I would stick with that instead of installing the 11/24 patch.

Technically 4.1 only existed as a beta patch back last December; every patch since then has been 4.1b including the 'official' patch announced in this thread.

If you were already using the 4/29 beta patch I would stick with that instead of installing the 11/24 patch.

I recently reinstalled the game from scratch in preparation for DW. I used the patch from GG. Should I assume that is the 11/24 patch?

I recently reinstalled the game from scratch in preparation for DW. I used the patch from GG. Should I assume that is the 11/24 patch?

Yes, but don't patch during a new fresh installation : the expansions or updates are cumulative, you need only the last one; in other words, you can install DW directly over HttT 4.0.

But you can make a copy of the folder containing HttT, apply the update there and continue playing your old saved games. You'll install DW in the original folder. Both versions will run ;)

not installed

I've browsed the forms and find I have a similar problem to several posters. I am getting the EU3 HttT is not installed error message. The problem is...I am not using Steam or Impulse...this comes straigh off of GamersGate. Because of who-knows-what problems that nobody at GG can figure out, I can't download direct to my computer (even though I can from D2D and other gaming sites). So I downloaded to another computer and transferred it to mine. HttT 4.0 is working just fine. But when I try to download the patch (transferred from another computer or direct from GG's launcher), it just says that HttT is not installed. I am running as administrator. If this is a problem with registry or location, can someone let me know where exactly it needs to be? My files are all here (C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III) and I saved the patch in here as well. Pls help.
:-(

I've browsed the forms and find I have a similar problem to several posters. I am getting the EU3 HttT is not installed error message. The problem is...I am not using Steam or Impulse...this comes straigh off of GamersGate. Because of who-knows-what problems that nobody at GG can figure out, I can't download direct to my computer (even though I can from D2D and other gaming sites). So I downloaded to another computer and transferred it to mine. HttT 4.0 is working just fine. But when I try to download the patch (transferred from another computer or direct from GG's launcher), it just says that HttT is not installed. I am running as administrator. If this is a problem with registry or location, can someone let me know where exactly it needs to be? My files are all here (C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III) and I saved the patch in here as well. Pls help.
:-(

I think you should take that question to the tech support forum, you will get more help there.

But you could just click ''search for patch'' button on the starting window?