• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Raaritsgozilla

Lt. General
54 Badges
Oct 5, 2007
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Prison Architect
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Magicka
  • Lead and Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria 2
  • 200k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
nzflagrp0.gif

Well, its good to be back, after my... 3? day absence :D As some of you will know, I lost the save file for my previous Fern AAR, so i have decided to make another.

This time, i will not be tinkering with the game editor, as i believe that is what stuffed up my original AAR game. Also, updates may be slow, but 1) I have exams that finish on monday, so i should be able to post more after that, 2)I may be getting a fulltime job *fingers crossed*, so posts may be limited after that as well, and tri) finally, it is with regret that i say if this AAR continues until the 12th of December (which is a fairly dubious proposition) it shall be on hold until February, as I shall be returning to Auckland (anyone from there may know a small village on the way to Thames that has a ice cream shop in the shape of a castle and is named Mangatawhiri...) soooo as we live in a decidedly rural area, no broadband internet, which i neeeeeed, OR, i am shocked to say, no HOI, DD or arma, so by Feb I will be in withdrawl and will be raaaring (see what i did there?) to go :D

Alright, onwards ho!!

Im not sure if I will repost everything that I said previously, but If you want to know what I have done initially, go to For the Fern! part one, and check out what happened there. I may just start posting pictures at the start of 1939, to avoid repeating myself, and that is when i think the most change will be seen from part one.

As I intend to be a bit different in this one, some slightly changed aims:

1) I will still be conquering Italy, they deserve it.
2) I WILL NOT be looking for a base in Nth Africa, as I think having Benghazi and Tobruk will only lead to my allies leeching from me by basing ships in my naval ports. This may not happen, but better safe than sorry.
3) I WILL NOT be aiming for the freed surrender monkey nation of Vichy. Instead, once I get Italy, i will fortify that border sky high and put garrisons in place to defend from the inevitable German takeover.
4) Again, I will create a CAS armada and ground attack like never before
5) I will be creating some semblence of a navy, and will begin my looking at battle cruisers, as they are not cruisers, not battleships, but BATTLECRUISERS!, and as THUS are more able to defend better than cruisers, but cheaper and more easily researched than battleships.
6) I will be focussing more on getting IC so that I may get more teccys. ( I had four in part one! :( why oh why did you leave me??)
7) I will be naming NZ divisions after something to do with New Zealand, but standards may slip, as I begin to forget what makes NZ NZ, so any ideas for division names would be appreciated. Same goes for mythological names for my navy :D

At this point, i believe i am only up to April 1936, as something went wrong and I only just managed to un/re install everything this morning.
Also, i have now got GIF on top of SKIF, so my pictures will be more prettier!!

Right enough of this, now i shall attempt to put in a link for part one without stuffing it up too badly :rofl: (I know i will)
[thread=328331]For the Fern! Part Uno![/thread]

WOOT i think i did it!!

Also, if anyone, anyone at all, has any ideas, or suggestions for how/what i should do in this, let me know.

ALSO ALSO, game details are

Difficulty: Norm/norm (i think)
Tech Team on
IC takeover on
Democracy can declare war (hehehe surprise!!)

Think thats about it
Enjoy!

Woot! It returns, with added Democratic war declaration! Go on, get the Aussies and their giant bouncing rats! :D

Just read Part One - better luck this time!

As for the whole naming of ships thing, wouldn't NZ classical mythology means names like:

'HMNZS David Kirk'

Of course if you think a ship is going to sink without a trace it could be the

'HMNZS Ritchie McCaw'

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PrawnStar said:
Just read Part One - better luck this time!

As for the whole naming of ships thing, wouldn't NZ classical mythology means names like:

'HMNZS David Kirk'

Of course if you think a ship is going to sink without a trace it could be the

'HMNZS Ritchie McCaw'

heyyyyyy come on, ritchie's still the man. IT WAS A FORWARD PASS!!! *cough* sorry, i think i have some sort of tourettesish syndrome where i shout abuse at wayne barnes for no reason... well... there IS a reason...
Also, i kinda mean any classical mythology, mostly greek, coz its wat i study but WOW! im so naming a ship that now!!!

Raaritsgozilla said:
Also, i kinda mean any classical mythology, mostly greek, coz its wat i study but WOW! im so naming a ship that now!!!

For carriers: Bellopheron; Pegasus; Daedalus (Icarus would be too ominous); Harpy, Eriniyi (goddesses of revenge); Pandora (all kinds of disasters FLEW out of Pandora's box after all).

For subs: Hades; Cerberos; Persephone; Paris (was a good bowman, so it's a nice name for something with torpedoes)

Destroyer flottilla: Hydra

Others: Hector, Achilles, Ajax (there were two in the Iliad), Zeus; Hera; Pallas Athene; Apolli; Artemis; Pan; Ouranos; Kronos; Gaia; Bacchus (would be my flagship :D ); Eris; Agamemnon, Menelaos; Odysseus

I think there are enough names not to have problems.

Name one CV HMNZS Enterprise, then you can't lose.

Good news for everyone that cares!!

I HAVE FINISHED MY LAST EXAM!!

Also, for anyone that cares this means i now have my degree.

THUS!!! expect an update if not 2nite, then 2moro morning. Got nuthin to do now you see :D

ps. If anyone wants a division named after them after i run out of names, put ur name forward and preffered division type :)

Last edited:
Likk's back! And so is the AAr- sweet!

Good luck, again!

Congrats on the degree! Are you getting a job or staying on?

I'd like to take you up on a division name please. I'd like to see an Armoured Division called the 'Martin Johnson' - ;) - well he did spend a season in NZ.

Edit - Brigade me SPArt!

Last edited:
Raaritsgozilla said:
ps. If anyone wants a division named after them after i run out of names, put ur name forward and preffered division type :)

Me! Armoured Division, with heavy tank attachment ( if possible ) named "1. Trekchu Armoured Division"

Trekchu is the shorter version of my nick that I use on IRC.

There has to be a division named "kiwi". Or a ship.

Rito, so far we have two armoured divs, one heavy tank, one spart. They shall be created as soon as NZ's IC reaches a decent point. Oh, and im guna be a teacher :wacko: haha

beside the point, now that i can im guna get back into HOI again. had a wee flirtation with Rome: Total War, but that was only for study purposes :D

update soon!

As long as you aren't teaching the histories of Greek heroes, particularly the history of Hero himself, I'm sure you'll do fine! ;)

Ohh and I'd like an New Zealand Armoured Division "El Pip" just because. :D

nzflagrp0.gif

Right, well ive played up to the outbreak of war in August. As usual, sod all has happened besides the usual.

screensave10dz2.png

OooOOOOooo didnt see that coming

well, its a toss up as to who actually wins the spanish war anyway, but you know, they SHOULD win! theyve got all the advantages. fools.
Also, other things are happening.

screensave11un2.png

Man... why dont we keep a look out along the beaches??

Yup, Chinas guna get mwned. oh well, if they cant help themselves, i cant help them. Not that i could. Or would. thats besides the point.

The REALLY depressing thing about not tinkering with the game editor is this: Our economy is on the same level as Lithuania and Nepal!! OMFG! Our economy is 8/7, i havent figured out how to put more than one screenie into a picture lol (any help would be good, itd mean more pictures)

screensave12ws6.png

What, Lithuania's guna get annexed anyway, surely i could have some of their IC!!

screensave14cx5.png

If you economy is the same as Nepal's, youve got issues.

So, ive got issues. And by the way, shitty old Bhutan has 5/5 IC. Thats close to mine!!! CLOSE!!!

I though i had taken pictures of our army, but obviously didnt. SOOOO before war breaks out, we have 8 inf divisions, 2 art brigades, one AA, and one Eng. We have 2 CAS wings, and 5 TPs. At the outbreak of hostilities (ooOOOooo watta flash guy) im going to ship them off to Egypt, that way their supply is undertaken by the poms, and leaves me free to use that supply IC to upgrade and make cooler toys.
Thats all for this update, ill give you the Allies state of play in the next one

nzflagrp0.gif

Part Chew: State of play

Just a quick note to show army disposition of our major allies before war erupts.

Here is england. Just chilling out. Stacking inf divisions on their beaches (the chinese should learn from these guys). But otherwise, doing bugger all.

screensave21bm3.png

'I say Basil, I do hope those colonials do not sponge any supplies off us at a later date.' 'Quite'

Basil is an idiot. Of course we are going to! fool.

screensave22jg8.png

France. Surrender Monkeys. Beater of All Blacks. Exploder of Greenpeace ships. Awesome

This is France. Some of you may have figured that I am not fond of France, but i shall try to be as impartial as I can.
Note the Armoured division sitting in Paris.

'Claude...?'
'Oui Henri?'
'Shouldn't we be taking our nice shiny big powerful tanks up to ze border to repel ze Boche?'
'Of Course not! do not be stupid! We may get hurt!'
'Ahhh... that makes sense.'

Cant fault that logic there. Now for Poland.

screensave23kv8.png

Please get me an umbrella, i think we are about to be shat upon

Umbrella, ella ella hey hey hey.
Well, yeah they are going to get pummeled. no surprise. I didnt take a picture of Germany as I got the GIP pack with the swastikas and cant be shagged editing out all those hooked crosses so... yeah.
Thats it for now, ill play a few more years 2moro and let you know how that turn out. I realise I have no navy as of yet, but thats ok, when we get some IC im going to start, and get some armoured. I should just buy that one from France.... yeah... thats what i should do...