• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I really like the extra effort you put in designing and making them. :)

I personally really liked your AAR, it was an exciting start,
and it made me sad that you decided not to post further chapters (till now).
At least you didnt vanish from the Forum completly, maybe one day
you decide its time to return to AAR-land and to write again.
I would be your reader

I guess if you had wrote on, your AAR could have been in the Top 10.
I couldn't have said it better myself, like i said earlier I'm sad to see Moonstruck at 18th when he could have easily been 8th.

Im dying from excitement here. I guess I wont be very productive the rest of the day and I have to concentrate on making my ninth chapter. Very cool banners even though they are a bit big :)

I can resize the banners for everyone who wishes so!

And I made them intentionally a bit big because it improves the readability :)
They will get bigger with rank 10 too! :D

I am glad you enjoy the contest finale so far! :)

Yeah, I really like the extra effort you put in designing and making them. :)
I couldn't have said it better myself, like i said earlier I'm sad to see Moonstruck at 18th when he could have easily been 8th.

Thank you!

I can resize the banners for everyone who wishes so!
I think the size is perfect, please keep them as is.

I think i know who the two next will be... for the same reasons. Shame, given the quality of what was written.

Must have been hard for the judges to sort out those AARs given the overall quality !

We continue now with the Rank 17 AAR:

3508766contest-placement-17.jpg

Fire and Ash - “Better to send 5 lions than 500 sheep.” An Afghanistan AAR

Here we see another good AAR that sadly was discontinued as of now.
Neverthless, you managed to get the 17th Place.

You took a really challenging country and you did quite well.
I personally enjoyed reading your updates, and because you are
still active on the Forum, i dont give up hope you will someday
complete what you have begun.

Penalty points or not, your AAR is worth a read,
and it could have been ranked way better than it is now, if you had continued :)

I thank you for competing and i wish you all the best!

Guessed well i did... and #16 is .... nah, i'll let Alexspeed announce it :p

Again, quality was not the issue... length was.

I just thought it would be a nice signature if the banner was smaller. However I do not even know if you can use a picture as signature according to the rules. But for readability and general awesomeness they are perfect :)

As far as i know, one isn't allowed to add an image in one's signature. Too bad, as it'd be cool :p

Another great AAR ranked way below it's worth just because it wasn't completed. I'm starting to notice a pattern here...

If it's any consolation, I quite enjoyed your AAR Fire & Ash, like Moonstruck you could have been looking at a top 10 at least had you just written five chapters.

will 1st place get a banner that's 1600 x 1200? :)

I think i know who the two next will be... for the same reasons. Shame, given the quality of what was written.
Must have been hard for the judges to sort out those AARs given the overall quality !

You should know ;)

I just thought it would be a nice signature if the banner was smaller. However I do not even know if you can use a picture as signature according to the rules. But for readability and general awesomeness they are perfect :)

No image signatures allowed here... i think its better that way. Not all signatures would be eye-pleasing i bet ;)

will 1st place get a banner that's 1600 x 1200? :)

I can make it up to 2000x1000 without pixelation, thats the size i work with normally.

Or it could be ASCII art.

Thats not my profession, sorry :)

--------------------------------------------

Nice to see i allready gathered some who participate in the contest finale with me,
i hope it will be even more over the coming hours :)

Enjoy it & keep on posting! :D

The Rank 16 AAR is the next one i present you:

1649264contest-placement-16.jpg

Pallen - Der var et yndigt land - A Danish AAR

You made the 16th place out of the competiting AAR´s.
I think your late entry in the contest really took its toll with you,
and you got some penalty points that hindered your AAR from making a better place.

I liked the way you wrote your AAR, its dragging you in and is exciting, and you know what?
One Judge even gave you the 99 points for the best AAR in his opinion :)

I am really happy that you started to continue your AAR,
even tough you got some negative points.
This shows your commitment, and that you write because
you enjoy it, and not only for the contest.

And when i read it, i can sense that very well.
Please continue writing, this AAR or another one,
i am sure we would all enjoy it!

Your AAR got beaten below its true worth, dont be sad,
with more time you would have done better i am sure :)

I thank you for competing and i wish you all the best!

Once again, penalties have hurt an AAR that could otherwise have scored higher. Like Alex said, Pallen can take some consolation in getting a 99 score, even if that's dampened by that 1 score he got...

You should know ;)
So.. gigau's a judge?

:p

Ok, now i can speak, given that Alex has ratted me out :D

That's the reason i never posted in your threads, guys... so as to be sure not to give any hints... I'll post my comments tommorrow, when the announcements are finished ;)

That's the reason i never posted in your threads, guys... so as to be sure not to give any hints... I'll post my comments tommorrow, when the announcements are finished ;)

I look forward to it. :)

While were guessing the identity of our judges, I've suspected for a long time that Tommy might be a judge, and possibly Kallocain too...

Status
Not open for further replies.