• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And I thought Field Marshall Denikin would live. How will the Imperial Army last with the loss of him?

it won't!
the whites are killing themselves with their own hands, what a good thing for the Soviet Union! :D

regards
guy montag

A good end to Denikin, if ever being executed by firing squad could be called such. Reminds me of Valkyrie, except more bad ass.

What a mess in Russia, Kaiserreich scenario in all its glory! :D

Is the 2nd Russian CW included in Kaiserreich, or some other mod you're using? I've only seen a Soviet Russia once in my many games, and then I think Russia just became Soviet Russia with no civil war. I was also playing UoB, so never got to fight them. :(

I'd especially want to know who to complain to about the event for Finland claiming Eastern Karelia and Kola. :) The term Karelia refers to a large area, much of which still lies inside the borders of Finland, while the area of Russia is generally known as Eastern Karelia. Lapland refers to the northernmost part of Finland in Finland, and the northernmost part of Sweden in Sweden. I don't think anyone includes the Kola peninsula into the description.

In any case, a great looking AAR you got here! Definitely going to follow it.

Is the 2nd Russian CW included in Kaiserreich, or some other mod you're using? I've only seen a Soviet Russia once in my many games, and then I think Russia just became Soviet Russia with no civil war. I was also playing UoB, so never got to fight them. :(

I'd especially want to know who to complain to about the event for Finland claiming Eastern Karelia and Kola. :) The term Karelia refers to a large area, much of which still lies inside the borders of Finland, while the area of Russia is generally known as Eastern Karelia. Lapland refers to the northernmost part of Finland in Finland, and the northernmost part of Sweden in Sweden. I don't think anyone includes the Kola peninsula into the description.

In any case, a great looking AAR you got here! Definitely going to follow it.

The Russian Civil War can happen if a player make all the worst possible decisions as Russia, raising the dissent ridiculously high. (That's at least my impression, never played Russia like a lunatic).

@soulking, guy_montag, Zhuge Liang - The White generals are fighting for their self-interests while we fight for the Russian people, of course!

@TemplarCommander - More badass than Tom Cruise? :D

@Asalto - Yeah. Hurrah for the KR team!

@Parokki - yup. What yourworstnightm said. To be exact, you need at least 45% dissent. Thanks for following.

I've seen the Russian Civil War chain firing a lot the last times I played. For example, I have yet to see a Wrangelist government in this new version that doesn't lead to a Soviet Revolution, because of the random AI choices. Then, the Siberia chaos ends up screwing the Russian map in unexpected ways.

So much for this alternate history's version of a Russian Operation Valkyrie! Even though the protagonists of this story are the Soviets, the dynastic struggles and coups are more interesting. Why St. Justin, I wonder? Because he's a Martyr?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Deja vu”
-Field Marshall Tukhachevsky

“This crown is not mine but the people's”
-Nikolai Bukharin

------------------------------------------------

Doomsday

At the 13th of May came the disappointment when the advancing Red Army was defeat at Rybinsk. The Imperial army received reinforcements and regrouped changing the breakthrough into a shorted lived exploit. Suddenly, the operation was alive again when the Red Army was victorious at Noginsk the next day and successfully secured it 2 days later.

In the North, the people of the Archangelsk are on the streets celebrating as the army parades into the streets of this city. A couple of battalions went ahead and secured the harbour where the Russian navy sits, the Grand Admiral surrendered all her ships to Soviet Russia. Operation Poltava is now complete.

The achievement at Noginsk is now being put into full use at May 17, Voroshilov tried to attack Rybinsk again but this time, the southern pincer is with them attacking the Czarists positions. The battle for Rybinsk went for a week of brutal fighting as the Czarists are desperate on keeping Moscow from getting surrounded completely. At the end of the week, Rybinsk now belongs to the Bolsheviks and the last Imperial counter attack was repulsed.

Moscow is now surrounded. The final phase of the operation will finally commence.

rcwsiegemoscow.png

The Siege of Moscow​

---------

“The Bolsheviks have now captured Noginsk, cutting us off. Sooner or later, they'll surround Moscow with Wrangel in it.” a White general points at the map

“What should we do about it?” asked by the newly crowned Czar Kyril.

The Lieutenant General Kyril Vladimirovich was “crowned” as Czar of all Russias just yesterday, the 19th of May, 1936. Technically, it wasn't official until he was crowned at the Kremlin but in his eyes, he is already their emperor. He is the head of the Romanov family, he is suppose to be the Czar, not Pyotr nor Dmitri. The Romanovites began to form at the Ryazan pocket but there more out there who are more loyal to the family who ruled them for centuries.

Kirill_Vladimirovich.jpg

Kyril Vladimirovich Romanov​

“We should initiate a counter attack at the Cossacks then to reunite with the rest of the army.”

“Good.”

“That's it for all of our agendas...”

“uh, generals. Just a moment”

“Your Highness?”

“I want to pass some reforms”

the generals were uneasy and looked at each other

“I want you all to get rid of Wrangel's officers and officials on our army and the government. Any Wranglists influence must be annihilated.”

“Of course, Your Highness”

--------

“Wait. Are they speaking German?”

“Yeah, comrade. I'm guessing you're new here. They are volunteers just like our British comrades over the other block there.”

Another joined the conversation “It's them Germans that is making this whole thing difficult.”

One of them gave the signal. The two each throw a grenade through the door by its holes. They stormed in, shots and screams were heard. This apartment is now captured and there are more to be taken in this street.

The Soviets have wasted no time that the siege of Moscow had began the day after they secured Rybinsk. The Red Army have fought for 5 days against 6 Imperial divisions and 3 German divisions commanded by Wrangel himself.

rcwmoscow.png

Wrangel's final stand.​

On the 6th day of the siege, you can say that the Moscow has already been won disregarding a few pockets of resistance. Forgot about that for now, he thought to himself. Tukhachevsky was enjoying this moment. “I should be dead by now” he thought. “I'm suppose to be in that noose years ago...” he looked on the right. Voroshilov, Bukharin, who just return from that congress in France, and other high position Soviets. Everyone was here. No one wants to miss this moment. He looked back up again. “...after surrendering to that same person. Deja vu.” The condemned was on the platform with a Soviet officer facing him. “Field Marshall Pytor Wrangel...” We do not recognize him as a Czar or whatever bloody royal title he has. “...you have committed crimes against the Motherland and to the people of Russia...” He was captured, surprisingly, by his own men. His own men delivery him to us. Very lucky, he was about to commit suicide. “You are hereby, sentenced to be hanged at 1200 sharp.” The Field Marshall of the Soviet Russia looked on his wrist. Two minutes. No priest to bless him. No. Religion doesn't have a place in Russia.

One and a half minutes have passed. No noise can be heard aside from occasional gunfire somewhere in the city. Wrangel never said anything. He was quiet during the whole process. The officers on the platform are staring their wristwatches. It's 12 o'clock. The noose is now tied on his neck. Wrangel looked up, it seems that he's staring at something on the sky and he is terrified. “What's his looking at?” the Field Marshall then dismissed it “Never mind. Fear of his inevitable death, surely”

The officer pushed the emperor of the dying empire off the platform and let gravity done its job. He was struggling. It was the 1st of June, 1936. It was the feast of Saint Justin martyr. His feet stopped moving. His gagging ceased. It was over.

---------------

frontline6.png

the end of the siege and the attack on Kaluga​

Moscow is now Soviet and Operation Trotsky is a success. The emperor is dead. Several important figures were captured on Moscow including Wrangel's closest allies; General Vlasov and the Okhrana chief Yezhov. Proskurov has reported that the Czarist military intelligence is now defunct and the Wrangelist faction is in shambles. The Imperial soldiers who surrendered their emperor have also awarded Bukharin with the Great Imperial Crown. Bukharin then took it and said:

“I am not an emperor. This crown has been worn by oppressive tyrants. I am not one. This majestic thing has a horrible history behind it but it has been a part of the Russian heritage whether we like it or not. It should not be destroy. This crown isn't mine but the people's. Yes! The people of Russia themselves. I crown them as the rulers of All Russias. All hail the Czars and Czarinas of Russia!”

The Whites from now on, have no definite leader resulting in, inconveniently, dividing the Imperial army into three camps: the Wrangelists, the Romanovites and the neutrals. The Wrangelists are still without a leader and their numbers are dwindling. The Romanovites are under the leadership of Czar Kyril but even though the Czarists have a leader to rally unto, the morale is seriously low. The neutrals, who aren't fanatic on either Wrangel or the Romanovs, are very likely to surrender on conditions that they will be spared. The Soviet are very generous on these neutrals. Not only they will be spared, they will retain their positions and have the honour to serve the Red Army. One of them is Major General Zhukov who surrendered to Field Marshall Blucher on Arkhangelsk. The generosity was given because the Red Army needed more skilled commanders.

The invigorated Soviet commanders have gathered and plan for the next operations. The newest to formulate was Operation Polar. The Red Army would advance towards Gorkij and into Kazan, capturing the Imperial industry along the Volga.

oppolar.png

Operation Polar​

Operation Mercury was initiated during the siege of Moscow with its aims is to destroy the Imperial army in the Ryazan pocket. The Soviet army now marches into Kaluga.

opmercury.png

Operation Mercury​

On the sixth day of Operation Mercury, Kaluga was captured after little resistance and huge number of Czarists soldiers surrendered. Wanting to end the civil war quickly, Bukharin then decided to give Czar Kyril an offer that will not be offered again. Total surrender of the Imperial army, hand over of the Wrangelists that are under his command and the remaining officers will come out unharmed and have a choice of either serve under the Red Army and retain his position or an exile to a country of his choice. Declining the offer means total war and every White officer in the Ryazan pocket including the Czar will be executed.

The Czar remained stern and declined the offer but the generals were thinking otherwise. Morale was little and they no longer have the confidence on winning the war against the Reds, Cossacks and the Siberians. The Czar felt betrayed and without his generals' support, he had no choice but to accept the offer. At Kaluga, on the 3rd of June, 1936, the Czar signed the Treaty of Kaluga and chose to be exile to Canada, where the British royal family resides. The Czarists outside the pocket have ran out of will to fight and asked for the same terms that the Reds have given to the Romanovites in the Ryazan pocket. The Soviets have, of course, generously given them the offer. Aside from pockets of Wrangelists and the hardcore Romnovites, the remaining Imperial resistance has crumbled. Some of them have chosen exile while some remained and swear allegiance to the Bolsheviks. The Third Proletarian Revolution is a success! Soviet power is now supreme!

rcwvictory.png

The end of the Czarists​

------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Chapter