Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Theoretically anything is possible, Majesty is a franchise we are all very fond of. However there are a lot of components that go into deciding what our upcoming projects should be. Existing fan base is certainly one of the factors but not the only one. As for confirmation of upcoming titles, they happen only as official announcements and when those are made we try to post them in as many places as possible, website, twitter, Facebook, forum etc. So you will not see confirmation of unannounced projects here by Paradox Development studio or any other studios, as some of you have already said.

Kind regards
Susana
Thank you very much for the reply.

So... what's your character and level in D3?

I have a few, highest level is my 35 or so Demon Hunter.

omg, those chakrams are so much fun :D

What do you guys think about playing hardcore?

No way I'd play hardcore.. I said until a friend told me about the lvl 10 hardcore achievement where you get the only asymmetrical banner shape.

Also when you are developing a game that your really are into, how hard it is not to tell us lowly posters and consumers of your goods?

That is hard, but it's not as bad here as when you work for a bigger studio. There you might have to keep quite for several years, or never get to talk about it because it got cancelled.

I'm currently in the beginning phases of building an ancient rome mod for CK2. I was wondering if there are any specific rules concerning using sprites and editing the skins of EU:Rome for use in this mod. The downloaded portion of the mod would contain an updated avatars.gfx for CK2 to make use of the sprites and the skin .dds files from EU:Rome for the updated skins. The user would have to manually copy the sprites from his EU:Rome folder however to make use of these. Is this an allowed practice in paradox games?

What's with all the games features dragons these days? Skyrim, Dragon Dogma, and good ol' Dragon Age. And of course the ASOIF RPG coming out later this year?

On a personal note, have we finally lost the vampires? :D

So did you guys see Totalbiscuits coverage of Planetside 2? And what do you think of it (from a Developer/Publisher standpoint, and from a consumer standpoint).

personally as a gamer I'm super pumped about Planetside 2. Will probably be my new main game to play with my crew of internet badasses when it comes out.

On a personal note, have we finally lost the vampires? :D

hopefully the terrible sparkly kind. proper vampires are still cool

Bleh, dragons are actually my least favourite part of Game of Thones.

So far in the books they aren't THAT much of a plot device. Sure, in ADWD, but not overwhelming.

@podcat: tell me you have an occult DLC in the works for CK2? Halloween is far enough away . . . Just sayin' is all. ;)

personally as a gamer I'm super pumped about Planetside 2. Will probably be my new main game to play with my crew of internet badasses when it comes out.

hopefully the terrible sparkly kind. proper vampires are still cool
Can I join your crew :eek:

Will there be a special Sweden add on pack to HoI3?

Within which Swedish troops can fly, produce very efficient IKEA furniture and subjugate Europe through winning the Eurovision with ABBA records.

Will there be a special Sweden add on pack to HoI3?

Within which Swedish troops can fly, produce very efficient IKEA furniture and subjugate Europe through winning the Eurovision with ABBA records.

I have indeed been trying (for historical accuracys sake) to get the IKEA "Storsmäll" battle tank into the game

A question all of us want to ask: Is dannie single?