• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Whoo, kurt! I did a double take, sure that you had already won one award this week. I seems that I was correct, and you've got a second. You're obviously blitzkrieging the awards, what next--AAR showcase? ;)

And I can only get rewarded for TEATL? ;)

Yes. :mad:

As for Kurts cameo, it has to do with him gaining Character WritAAR of the week. But most importantly, I recently read "The Eagle has landed" and one thing lead to another...

Oooh. Nice book. Early Higgins is always worth a cameo or two.

Again, thank you all. I hope that my ego can resist being so kindly awarded by such an underserved honour. I always said that my prizes are my readers, but it's wonderful to have this prizes falling from the sky, too. To my readers, thanks a lot. To my mum, who I miss her a lot and who made me the man I am (a sane one, I must add. I went nuts on the way, but it's me the one to blame), simply, you're the one, mum.

Wwll, let's talk about a bit about me ... and about Peti.

I know, I know, you'll are going to say "Shut, up, you fool and let Peti talk". Ok, let's do it nicely. Now this was a surprise, and a nice one too. I began to write in my early childhood. I have always enjoyed reading and that led to write, I guess. Well, for me writting is like breathing or my legs: it's a part of me. That, I think, summarizes me quite well. I read a lot, and I write a lot.

Perhaps my early readings shaped me. I grow up, a bit like The Yogi, with sci-fi and fantastic stories but, above them all, with humour comics. I loved that duo of comic characters called in Spain "Mortadelo y Filemón" (Clever & Smart in Germany, Flink och Fummel in Sweden, Älli ja Tälli in Finalnd, Paling en Ko in the Netherlands, etc), and that absurdity that pervade their stories, well, shaped me, I guess.

Perhaps summing me into this early influence is too much, but it may explain my continuous use of sense of humour. I'm used to read a lot of topics, from the Classics to the weirdest Sci-fi story. I'm quite unconventional, you could say. Well, more or less, that's me...

I began to write in English when I went to school and studied English. As I was used to write in Spanish and Catalan, to do it in English was the next step, so... Well, I'm not as good as I should do, not kidding, but I kept learning and improving. Some day I'll do something good. Or Peti will write it.

Well, now comes the piece of resistance... Peti, my loyal but farting dog. Peti is a "son" of my imagination and of Paradox. Ok... if I'm Peti's daddy... and Paradox... who's the mother?!?!?!

Let's stop it here before I get banned.

Peti Niebla (Niebla = fog) was born in the Spanish version of "Werewolf", which was called "Villalobos" there. He was born and remains the same, a charming little puppy who loves pizza, farting and putting me into troubles. He's the wiser of the two, indeed, and doesn't despair to bring some sense into my empty head. Til now, with no success, I must add.

I got used to play jokes about this lovely pet in my post in the Spanish area so, when I discovered this Unexplored World I thought: it's my sacred duty to Petivilize them. So I brought him with me.

Or he took me with him, dunno still...

All in all, that's all I can think right now. I need a pizza.

You need a doctor.

Ok, that's my turn. Peti speaking.

Thanks all for your taste in choosing me...

He's copying Wilde, what a cheeck!

You show a great taste and sensibility doing that, so I can only say that you're my favourite readers and that I'm enjoying this as much as you enjoy when you read me.

I must add that the writer actually is good old Kurty. I just fart on his face to remind him to write. And then I give him a cold shower -ey, Canonized, did you think you'll go unscathed? No way, man!- to return him to his sense. As he has said, with no success.

But I don't despair.

Yet...

All in all, a big thank you!

haha great speech XD and Peti , you are incorrigible !

Great speech, Kurt!

Ah Mortadelo y Filemón! The Great Ibañez has produced a classic of humour with those two. I don't think there has ever been another comic comic that has made me laugh 'til my eyes ran and my tummy hurt.

Brings back fond memories...

Well, my time is come, so, let's say to the world about our new WoW. As usual, I got a problem because I didn't know where to choose, thus I asked Peti, but I can't understand him when he's eating pizza and talking at the same time. There, I used my secret weapon: my girlfriend. The idea was good, but then we had a silly problem. He knows as much as English as I about the color of the dust in Pluto. Then I began to look at the AARs I read, and then found

For Rome's Honor an AAR where Julius Caesar has not only to fight the wicked Gauls (hi, gaiasabre11 :D ) but also a lot of vicious ladies, as well as the AARtist, who enjoys having poor old Julius in the oddest situations.

If I only could remember who wrote it...

Forsythe... no...

Steinbeck... no...

Graves... no...

Goethe... no...

Barbara Cartland!!!! It was... not, she wasn't the AARtist...

mmmh...

I can't remember.... A pity, isn't it?

:D

There is an Award for you!!!!! come, come, little Comagoosie!!!!

wow.jpg

Congratulations and all that sort of thing.

Congrats!!

Congratulations comagoosie!

Congratulations comagoosie.

Congrats, C! Excellent AAR!

I must say that I am flattered in the most sincere way. Thank you Kurt and Peti, I have never before had an award bestowed upon me by a dog. That only increases the honor tenfold, now I can claim to have an award given to me trans-species. Well I suppose I should continue the trend of speeches. A note, I am at school so if you see mathematical equations, that isn’t part of my speech :D

Early in my life (I am just turned 16…), my mom used to read to me adventure stories, stories that always had the same storyline and character types. There was no romance or suspense and hardly morale to learn. Yet I still developed an early love, having my mom repeatedly read the same story over and over again until she actually hid the book for me! Then I would go to kindergarten the next day and dream about little froggies hopping across the street to the stream.

My first real books were the one where a village of mice found some special powers that were guarded zealously by a cat. It was a three book series and in the end most of the characters died, and I cried. Being probably in third grade, I felt fully satisfied with the twists, love, and death. Everything that makes a story great. Next, in fifth grade, came the RedWall series, then the song of fire and ice, and now Timeline 191.

As you might see, I leaned heavily towards fantasy and I wrote about fantasy. Little rodents with fireworks, a man flying back in time, and a mouse who conquered the world with just a spoon, a fork, and his stomach. Teachers, again and again, told me how I had a brilliant imagination…just horrible grammar. Today the grammar problem exists, just look in the GtA, but I think I have progressed from a fifth grade level. Hopefully AP English will solve this next year.

Anyways, this award has come at a good time, as I was losing steam on my Rome AAR. Julius just lost and is retreating deep into barbarian territory, probably what a normal writer would thrive in, but not me. Somehow a combination of time, relationships, and brain power lost on math tests is contributing to my staleness. Maybe the epicness is getting to me? I don’t know, but what I do know is that perfectionism that I am characterized by will force me to finish, come the devil or high water.

I write normally in one sitting. I used to write on paper with a pencil during school hours in my early AARs, and maybe that achieved a higher standard of writing, I don’t know. But now either I have become too lazy or environmentalism is taking over my soul and now I just type it. Not to mention the computer has a thesaurus so I won’t be stuck with same words.

But I do wonder what the future has in store for me. Originally I planned a sequel for my Rome AAR, but popularity of both forum and AAR may discourage me. My best bet is in HOI3. I have been reading many books detailing with Nazi rise to power, but of course, I have to be original, which I may have something up my sleeve. In addition, you never know, I may finish up the adventures of Boudy someday…or maybe have his son continue….

WritAARs + ReadAARs = AARland