• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yep, the crowd's going cold turkey already.

Wooooo ... did you see that pink elephant flying by? :wacko:

Siddhi: Wow, thanks very much. I can now officially boast to have a fan club :D Do you happen to have any Tibetan ancestors by the way ? Just to know...

Well, just to say how moved I was, you gave me the strength to write new updates for this SpartAAR, although I did not formally intend to continue it...

Anyway - glad you enjoyed my work!

Everybody else: Thanks for having waited for me! Well, it could have been in vain, but actually not. Who ever knows? But I hope I haven't lost my momentum...

P.S. I actually spend quite some time playing Voyage Century Online, and just discovered that there are lots of Paradoxians there too. My God, can one ever escape from Paradox ? ;)

Last edited:
Y'aaar! We be Athenians!

E05-VictoireNavale1.png

E06-VictoireNavale2.png

E07-VictoireNavale3.png

to be continued...

Did I smell a little Monkey Island spoof?

Monkey Island references :eek:

He'sbackhe'sbackhe'sback! *does a happy Spartan dance*

Though this update shows what you get from letting Athenians do the fighting. :D

I am rubber, you are glue... :D

Le Ran said:
Siddhi: Wow, thanks very much. I can now officially boast to have a fan club :D Do you happen to have any Tibetan ancestors by the way ? Just to know...[/SIZE]

No, no Tibetan ancestors, but ol' Giuseppe did have an awfully nice collection of 16th centuries Tankas and 12th century bronzes that I am kinda familiar with ;). That's all part of my scene, so I remain highly impressed by your research abilities, which are nearly as good as your writing.

IMO you should write what you want, don't let your considerable fan community dictate what you do, as long as you give them red meat...

paradox should really love you - you were solely responsible for my purchasing HoI - my first game in ages. doubt i'm gonna play it though really, it was more a symbolic offering as your online bookshop isn't up yet ;)

et: notre anniversaire est presque identique---

Last edited:
by the way i do not know why should athenias be good at water fights
(last :( ) Spartan victory (II peloponesian war) was won not by Spartan army (although hey made their effort) but by Spartan navy! and it was against Athenians! furthermore Themistocles died due to Sparta!

Last edited:
Deus Eversor said:
by the way i do not know why should athenias be good at water fights
(last :( ) Spartan victory (II peloponesian war) was won not by Spartan army (although hey made their effort) but by Spartan navy! and it was against Athenians! furthermore Themistocles died due to Sparta!
As you may have noticed, I put a substantially reduced effort of historical research into this AAR, compared to ReincAARnations... Moreover the whole Spartan thing was rather heavy on the cliché side so I supposed that while we were at clichés, Athenians might have theirs too ;)

Siddhi said:
No, no Tibetan ancestors, but ol' Giuseppe did have an awfully nice collection of 16th centuries Tankas and 12th century bronzes that I am kinda familiar with ;). That's all part of my scene, so I remain highly impressed by your research abilities, which are nearly as good as your writing.
An historian then... Better, an archeologist! And I noticed that your location just changed from Shangai to Vienna... I'm sure that you travel the world wearing a leather jacket and a whip ;)

And you speak French, too.... Hmm. I'd better keep an eye on you. Just to be informed, for the day when you discover the secret of immortality or omnipotence inside a celtic tumulus/pyramid/forgotten grave of sorts (I know, odd place for the secret of immortality, but those things just seem to happen... :p )

Monkey island fans said:
(identify Monkey Island references)
You would be impressed how often I think of Monkey Island in everyday's life. I thing this game must have been a crossroads in my mental development or something. Does that happen to you, too?

The bright side is that I only have to blame LucasArts for all my shortcomings :D

Hm, I find it strange that Sparta and Athens are able to get along in this scenario :p .

Last edited: