• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(35913)

Tibet Or Not Tibet
Nov 5, 2004
The very first Tibetan western!
A story of action, exotism, romance and unlikely naval adventures!
A very documented plot with historical characters in their own roles!
Featuring epic battles, duels, archeological discoveries, and lamas.
And yaks.

For a Few ReincAARnations More
A Tibetan AAR
Doomsday (unlocked) 1.2 - Difficulty Normal/Normal

Table of Contents

Prologue
Chapter One - The Birth of a Giant
Chapter 2 - The Gathering Storm
Chapter 3 - Yaks of War
Chapter 4 - The Ancient Art of War
Chapter 5 - Fast and Furred
Interlude
Chapter 6 - Lamas Are Forever
Chapter 7 - Tibet Universalis
Interlude
Chapter 8 - Gold for the General
Chapter 9 - Seeds of War
Chapter 10 - Guardians of Theocracy
Chapter 11 - Operation Enduring Fiefdom
Interlude
Chapter 12 - Operation Sliding Sovereignty
Chapter 13 - Operation Sliding Sovereignty - Part 2
Chapter 14 - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Yak
Interlude
Chapter 15 - Seven Years in Trouble
Chapter 16 - Lhassa - Enemy at the Gates
Chapter 17 - To Die For Qamdo
Meanwhile, in the South of Sinkyang...
Chapter 18 - The Arsenal of Theocracy
Chapter 19 - The Anvil of Buddha
Chapter 20 - The Crossroads
Interlude
Chapter 21 - Anvil of Buddha - Reloaded
Chapter 22 - A Stranger in Lhassa
Interlude
Chapter 23 - On Earth Peace and Good Will Towards Men
Chapter 24 - Red Star Over China
Chapter 25 - Ready... Steady... Go !
Chapter 26 - Hammer of Senerity
Chapter 27 - The Lost Valley
Chapter 28 - Raiders of the Lost Tulku (part 1)
Chapter 29 - Raiders of the Lost Tulku (part 2)
Chapter 30 - The Last Pilgrimage (part 1)
Chapter 31 - The Last Pilgrimage (part 2)
Chapter 32 - Requiem for a Lama
Chapter 33 – The Way of the Warrior
Interlude
Chapter 34 - Tulkusdämmerung
Chapter 35 - The Dalai Lama never looses
Chapter 36 - Lama and Commander
Interlude
Chapter 37 - The Secret of Yak Island
Chapter 38 - Return to Yak Island (part 1)
Chapter 39 - Return to Yak Island (part 2)
Chapter 40 - The Right Stuff (or: Overconfidence Killed the Yak)
Interlude
Chapter 41 - The Final Countdown
Chapter 42 - The Snow Lion’s Roar
Chapter 43 - Lost in the Dark (part 1)
Chapter 44 - Lost in the Dark (part 2)
Chapter 45 - Lost in the Dark (part 3)
Chapter 46 - Lamb of the Free
Epilogue
Credits

"Tibetan historical set" teaser
Release of the Tibetan historical set for Hearts of Iron 2 Doomsday

Last edited:
Prologue

Lhassa, 17th december, 1933

Thubten Gyatso, 13th Dalaï Lama, gazes at the sunset for a last time.
His ministers are gathered around him.

Dalaï Lama: Look at this sunset. I have been watching it all my life and still it amazes me. Isn’t the world full of wonders for the one whose eyes are open ?

Ministers: *silent meditation*

Dalaï Lama: This is the last hour of this body on earth. Soon my soul shall be liberated and find a new shell to pursue my task. Prime minister Reting Rimpoche, I have but one last wish before letting my karma seek its new fate.

Prime minister Reting Rimpoche: all that you wish, your holiness !

Dalaï Lama: After I leave this body, you will stay in charge until the monks find my reincarnation.

Reting Rimpoche: Of course ! But that’s not technically a last wish, since it was already going to happen.

Dalaï Lama: Be quiet. Here is my last wish. *closes his eyes, reopens them after a while and moves a finger*. Come closer.

Reting Rimpoche: your holiness?

Dalaï Lama: you will find me as a young boy. Then your will raise me according to the tradition and the teaching of Buddha... then... *pauses*

Reting Rimpoche: of course I shall do all this !

Dalaï Lama: ...then you shall turn this bunch of hamalayan bumpkins into a world leading superpower.

Reting Rimpoche: I humbly beg your holy pardon ?

Dalaï Lama: Do you promise, so that my soul can quit this world and rebirth in the cycle of Khor Ba ? Or would you prefer to know me outcast in the demonic underworld of Asura ?

Reting Rimpoche: Of course not your everlasting highness!

Security minister: (takes note, thinks aloud) Prime minister Reting Rimpoche shows signs of a worrying lack of faith in this dramatic moment.

Reting Rimpoche: I promise ! I promise anything you want ! Please go in peace and come back soon to us poor sinners !

Security minister: (still taking notes) ...and a noteworthy lack of self-control.

Dalaï Lama: Quiet, all of you. Now I can go. Follow the path of Buddha and keep your minds open. *closes his eyes*

*silence reigns for a few minutes*

Reting Rimpoche : WHAT HAVE I DONE ?

Security minister (low): I’m sure he heard your joke about him and the old yack.

13thdali2qb7.jpg

Thubten Gyatso, 13e Dalaï Lama

Last edited:
Juste said:
hope you start producing some mountain divisions :)
Don't have the tech for that... remember that's Tibet we are talking about :eek:o
;)

Interersting start for sure. Will this be a Himalayan western?

Chapter One
The Birth of a Giant

potalapalacepdnh6.jpg

Lhassa, 4th January 1936
Office of the Prime Minister, Potala Palace

The prime minister Reting Rimpoche is prostrate on his desk. He looks desperate.
The Chief of Staff Gyato Wangdu stands in the middle of the room.

Gyato Wangdu: Your excellence, here is the report concerning the modernisation of our glorious army that you ordered.

Reting Rimpoche: The excitment is killing me. What did you find.

Gyato Wangdu: Well, appart from the desperate lack of every sort of basic equipment, training and proper military officers and the absence of an air force, the main concern with our army is the supply chain.

(Reting Rimpoche bangs his head on his desk several times)

Gyato Wangdu (continues his report undisturbed): We use caravans of yacks to convoy military supplies. The problem is that, given the extreme poverty of our soldiers, they tend to steal the yacks and lead them back to their families, or worse, carve them out on the hoof and turn them into chop suey.

(Reting Rimpoche is still prostrate. He does not move any more)

Gyato Wangdu: But we found out a way !

Reting Rimpoche (holding up his head): No kidding ?

Gyato Wangdu: We now cover our yacks in steel plating, making them too heavy to move and too hard to carve !

Reting Rimpoche (seems really tired and even more despaired): You know that in any other country I would have you shot at dawn for that, don’t you ?

Gyato Wangdu: But we found out another way about that too ! The yacks now being too heavy to move, we thought to put them on wheels and motorize them. The thing is that, now that they need a driver, it’s more handy to actually remove the yack from inside the armor, but besides that, it works perfectly !

Reting Rimpoche (glances at the cover of the german magazine he just received: “Panzer Mag”, January edition): now that’s a real, truely tibetan breakthrought. And how do you plan to call those wheeled-armored-motorized-yacks-without-a-yack-inside ?

Gyato Wangdu: Well the british ambassy suggested the names “lorry” or “tank” depending on how much steel plating there was on them.

Reting Rimpoche: Always trust the english to put a ridiculous name on things you invent. What else?

Gyato Wangdu: Well we simply thought of “armored caravans”.

Reting Rimpoche: Deal. Let’s call them “armored cars” for short. Launch the mass production now, and let’s put this army back on the right track!

screendbutrduitmd8.jpg

screensave7rduitdt4.jpg

Last edited:
:rofl: never read such a funny explanation of armored cars :D

I agree, a marvellous process of naming!

Looking forward to see how you do.

Chapter 2
The Gathering Storm

potalaouest11petitjj4.jpg

Lhassa, 21st July 1936. Potala Palace, the council room.

Prime minister Reting Rimpoche: Gentlemen, as you all know, I promised to his Holiness the Dalai Lama to turn Tibet into a respectable power with non negligible regional influence.

Head of intelligence W.G. Kundeling : I thought the precise phrase was “a world-leading superpower” ?

Security minister Reting Rimpoche : the exact expression was “a respectable power with non negligible regional influence”, as far as I and most probably everyone remembers.

W.G. Kundeling (low) : sure. If I too had been able to appoint myself as my own security minister, I could as well pretend that his last will was to do the Locomotion dressed in yackskin...

Reting Rimpoche: what were you saying ?

W.G. Kundeling: I was saying “sure”. I just use to move my lips quite a lot to say “sure”.

Reting Rimpoche: Now tell me gentlemen, what best characterizes the power of a nation?

Chief of Staff Gyato Wangdu: The vastness of desolate landscapes ?

Minister Tsepon Shakabpa : The harshness of its climate ?

General Tempa Jamyang: The total absence of any natural ressources ?

Reting Rimpoche : Exactly ! That’s why now, to fulfill our great Dalai Lama’s will, we are going to declare war against the most powerful nation of all, after Tibet... SINKYANG !

Chorus : Sinkyang ! Oh my God ! May the wisdom of the Buddha protect us !

03guerresinkyangvt1.jpg

04attaquesinkyangor4.jpg

Last edited:
So you're actualy going to build up to 5 divisions :eek:

The Sinkiang warlords will not know what hit them. After all, I;m fairly certain they don't have armoured yaks!

Where will you go after Sinking?

Euhmm...... dont yuo get like exactly 1 ic out of sinkiang and alot of partisans :wacko:

That's only the first step of Reting Rimpoche's master plan for world domination :D

Just wait until you see the next move ;)