Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Djurgården is what we officially support!

Ah, just when I thought I couldn't like Paradox more than I already do. Does anyone regularily go to matches? I've never seen any of you two at Stockholms Stadion.

Ah, just when I thought I couldn't like Paradox more than I already do. Does anyone regularily go to matches? I've never seen any of you two at Stockholms Stadion.

Johan doesn't go to matches anymore, he restricts his sport interest to trolling me at the office. I on the other hand go to some matches - maybe 5-10 football matches and 8-12 hockey games per year. But since my team is AIK I avoid Stadion like the plague...

Johan doesn't go to matches anymore, he restricts his sport interest to trolling me at the office. I on the other hand go to some matches - maybe 5-10 football matches and 8-12 hockey games per year. But since my team is AIK I avoid Stadion like the plague...

That's weird, I thought rodents were the ones who actually spread the plague... ;)

(for you non-Swedes out there, fans of AIK are nick-named "gnagare", rodents)

Have you guys played Star Wars: The Old Republic? And What are your thoughts on it?

Everything is great! besides combat that is - because that sucks - like combat in almost all MMO's. Too bad combat is like 60% of the game.

The problem with Star Wars is that it's too big to be good. It's to big for anyone to actually take a chance and marry the great IP with some actual honest to god fresh gameplay - so whenever the IP is used they always always play it super safe.

:(

/s

Everything is great! besides combat that is - because that sucks - like combat in almost all MMO's. Too bad combat is like 60% of the game.

The problem with Star Wars is that it's too big to be good. It's to big for anyone to actually take a chance and marry the great IP with some actual honest to god fresh gameplay - so whenever the IP is used they always always play it super safe.

/s

Also the fact that George Lucas ruined it with the prequels.

Also the fact that George Lucas ruined it with the prequels.

George Lucas was ruining it from the start - luckily he wasn't almighty by then and had to listen to others. That's why Star Wars ended up as it did.

Next question?

Something juicy please.

/s

Favourite fruit juices of the Paradox team?

/s
If you had access to the Star Wars IP, what would you do with it?

If you had access to the Star Wars IP, what would you do with it?

I would

1: Make a X-wing/Tie-fighter games for the PC/Mac. They would be complex and offer depth in gameplay.

2: I would Make a sequel to "Republic Commando"

3: I would make a RPG that focuses on fringe parts of the universe. I.e you play as an interesting character (not a jedi, princess, sith or other "epic" character). Like Mattias says - it's the spectrum between "smuggler" and "bounty hunter" that's interesting - not "Jedi" and "Sith". Think Firefly in the SW universe.

4: Action Adventure game - imagine Uncharted but set in the Star Wars Universe.

I'll limit myself to four. We did this in the office and everyone basically had suggestions better than what Lucasarts

What a great question!

If you could pick one piece of IP that you could work with, which one would it be?

Star Wars! didn't you read my excellent suggestions just now?

Otherwise Warhammer perhaps?

/s

1) What is your favourite species of monkey/ape?

2) Which P-dox employee has the better moustache?

Star Wars! didn't you read my excellent suggestions just now?

Otherwise Warhammer perhaps?

/s
BTW, Your suggestions are very similar to mine. I swear Lucas Arts does not like money, they don't want a KOTOR3, a Battlefront 3, or Republic Commando 2.

Warhammer eh? Well then. What kind of Warhammer game would you do. And will it feature da boyz?! WAAAAAAAAAGH!

And if the rumours are true about THQ, you might be able to nab the Warhammer IP from them.

Will there ever be an open beta (for an eventual final patch) for Victoria:Revolutions, as currently there is one for DD:armageddon?

In most of the Paradox Games, you use the projection that makes Europe bigger. But Victoria 2 and Magna Mundi has not that kind of projection. In the future, which projection will you use in important games such as Eu4, HoI4..etc ?