Werewolf Lite CCCXXV - Twelve villagers, four wolves, and a seer walk into a bar...

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
keep the 4 way tie?

Seems like that would limit any signals around whom is being switched away from.

Just to put some numbers around it:

Current state: 10 goodies, 4 baddies

If 4 goodies:
5 goodies, 4 baddies <- 1 day to parity

If 3 goodies, 1 baddie:
6 goodies, 3 baddies <- 2 days to parity

If 2 goodies, 2 baddies:
7 goodies, 2 baddies <- 3 days to parity

If 1 goodie, 3 baddies:
8 goodies, 1 baddie <- 4 days to parity

I'm toying with talking to some of friends who do analysis of free text about building predictive software to guess people's villager-wolf-seer status based on the content, timing, and sequence of their posts.

I've a bit of a side conjecture that the existence of wolves generates momentum in voting. Higher momentum periods ought to have more wolves, if so.
Timing and sequence are based on so many more variables than role that it'd be meaningless. As for 'content' computers really haven't got to that level yet.

I've a bit of a side conjecture that the existence of wolves generates momentum in voting. Higher momentum periods ought to have more wolves, if so.
Everybody thinks this intuitively, but actually, all experience seems to indicate it's not really so.

Timing and sequence are based on so many more variables than role that it'd be meaningless. As for 'content' computers really haven't got to that level yet.

Everybody thinks this intuitively, but actually, all experience seems to indicate it's not really so.
I imagine that would depend on who the wolves are. Imagine a marty, Wagonlitz, Skobie, EURO pack; that pack would most likely generate the momentum.

I imagine that would depend on who the wolves are. Imagine a marty, Wagonlitz, Skobie, EURO pack; that pack would most likely generate the momentum.

Gross.

That may be the case, but I think we're closer than one might expect. As I said, my friend had managed to predict prescription drug addiction based on posts on a medical advice forum for her doctoral thesis.

That may be the case, but I think we're closer than one might expect. As I said, my friend had managed to predict prescription drug addiction based on posts on a medical advice forum for her doctoral thesis.
It would be an interesting experiment, if nothing else.

Out for the next two hours in meetings.

As I'd like to not be caught in a 4-way without even being bought dinner, as I don't have anything particularly distinguishing between sexytoes and wagonlitz, and as I am tired of being accused of flinging things in an unfun way.

Unvote sexytoes
Vote Wagonlitz

Should I come back in two hours lynched, please take some time to note the vociferous ness of some who had opposed me as well as those who stood back an said nothing.

one hour and sixteen minutes

Wagonlitz -3- Sleepy, Madchemist, Bagricula,
Bagricula -2- Dadarian, Wagonlitz,
Aedan -2- Lemeard, Sexytoes,
Sexytoes -1- Nautilu,
Arkasas -1- Rovsea,
Rovsea -1- Cliges,
Dadarian -1- Ironhead,
Lemeard -1- Aedan,
Cliges -1- Arkasas,

NV - Esemesas,

My activity level only depends on how busy I am with my studies; so how would that programme be able to detect which role I have when that doesn't influence my activity? You might be able to determine which kind of exercises/work I am doing at the moment, but I highly doubt you can use my activity level to say anything about my role.

It seems obvious, but since some seem to be suggesting it, we are not having a 4 way tie. That is just dumb. Larger ties do not help the villager early in the game, and in this case I know that at least I'm a villager.

Unvote Lemeard Vote Wagonlitz

Since the case on him is best of those who actually have cases against them.

It seems obvious, but since some seem to be suggesting it, we are not having a 4 way tie. That is just dumb. Larger ties do not help the villager early in the game, and in this case I know that at least I'm a villager.

Unvote Lemeard Vote Wagonlitz

Since the case on him is best of those who actually have cases against them.
And what was the case again?

And what was the case again?

Overly defensive, as pointed out by sleepyhead and madchemist. Nothing great, but sexytoes is acting more like a dumb villager than a wolf, I know I'm not a wolf, and I really don't see a case on Bagricula.

Out for the next two hours in meetings.

As I'd like to not be caught in a 4-way without even being bought dinner, as I don't have anything particularly distinguishing between sexytoes and wagonlitz, and as I am tired of being accused of flinging things in an unfun way.

Unvote sexytoes
Vote Wagonlitz

Should I come back in two hours lynched, please take some time to note the vociferous ness of some who had opposed me as well as those who stood back an said nothing.
My beautiful tie. Bring it back. Bring it back now.

Wagonlitz -4- Sleepy, Madchemist, Bagricula, Aedan,
Bagricula -2- Dadarian, Wagonlitz,
Aedan -2- Lemeard, Sexytoes,
Sexytoes -1- Nautilu,
Arkasas -1- Rovsea,
Rovsea -1- Cliges,
Dadarian -1- Ironhead,
Cliges -1- Arkasas,

NV - Esemesas,

QwSy7ci.jpg

Unvote Rosevea

Vote Bagricula

Too close to "Dracula" for my liking. Some combination of a barge, Agricola, and a vampire, I suspect.

Overly defensive, as pointed out by sleepyhead and madchemist. Nothing great, but sexytoes is acting more like a dumb villager than a wolf, I know I'm not a wolf, and I really don't see a case on Bagricula.
I don't think I am overly defensive; I am always defensive when I get accused of being a wolf.

What are these double standarts? That's EXACTLY what I was saying yesterday. And I got shunned by Wagon and aedan, post 124:

Today Bagricula eventually agrees with me (press wolves by votes to see how packmates react), but follows with a vote immediately.
Good job!
I think between aedan/Bagricula/Wagon there are two wolves.

To be fair, that is pretty much exactly how I interpreted your statements yesterday as well.

That said, the "everyone's after me" language is getting kind of grating.

A danger, no less.

And that smirking avatar of his only compounds his suspicious demeanor.

Relevance?

This is an interesting and revealing post by sexytoes, if I must declare so myself.

At first, you just might be led down that garden path to indulge in a bit of conjecture about "double standarts" being a misspelling. A gentle whim, no? To the contrary, the ever-observant observer will observe that our sexytoes is referring to the occasionally-celebrated "Russki Standart" mark of vodka, and that "double" refers to a twice-sized serving of the same spirit.

What is painfully obvious is that he's never had a double shot of Russian vodka. He's only heard rumor and faint murmur about Russia's 3rd finest export after Pushkin and this chick named Marina with whom I enjoyed blissful conjugal (well, conjugal-esque, let us not hide our pecadillos) elation in the second year of my undergraduate studies some time ago. Now then, is this mischief or credible role player? Or is it even vehement outrage about "yesterday"? Worth further pondering and soul-searching, regardless.

I'll arrive at a decision when I wake up.

You're reminding me of a more sophisticated Arkasas right now. Posting random spam which is utterly meaningless as far as the game goes.

I think the biggest problem with this is the sheer range of variables that affect how a player plays, of which only one is role/traits. And obviously, trying to apply this same logic to Big would soon become nearly impossible, with all the possible roles and traits that a player could have, and adding in all the different things that could change a playstyle (deadline is just one example).

See, I could believe that a computer could (somewhat) reliably pick out the difference between a good player and a bad player, and I don't think the game scenario would matter all that much. I'm just trying to work out what specific cues it would pick up on.

Seems like that would limit any signals around whom is being switched away from.

Just to put some numbers around it:

Current state: 10 goodies, 4 baddies

If 4 goodies:
5 goodies, 4 baddies <- 1 day to parity

If 3 goodies, 1 baddie:
6 goodies, 3 baddies <- 2 days to parity

If 2 goodies, 2 baddies:
7 goodies, 2 baddies <- 3 days to parity

If 1 goodie, 3 baddies:
8 goodies, 1 baddie <- 4 days to parity

There's also the problem that even if the TIE is desirable, it's very easy to snipe away from. Against a group of players that doesn't want to be lynched, it's virtually impossible to manage anything more than a two-way TIE.

I don't know that you or Skobie are all that big on creating large shifts in momentum. The other two, certainly.

I somehow feel like that would be easier, though. I might make a bigger post on this later, though, because it's certainly an interesting topic of conversation.

Unvote Rosevea

Vote Bagricula

Too close to "Dracula" for my liking. Some combination of a barge, Agricola, and a vampire, I suspect.

Is there an actual reason for this vote?