• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alex5050

Holy Emperor
111 Badges
Dec 28, 2011
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Island Bound
  • 500k Club
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
Hello to everything, I just noticed how much adultery is present, I passed in debug it is there that I saw illegitimate children almost everywhere and in all the religions; so even declared like a crime.it makes very strange situation or on my 8 children a woman who loves me I have 5 who are not of me whereas it no trait of depravity ! !!!

I would like to remind the developer of paradox that even if adultery existed in the 11th century there was only a small part of the population even more for female adultery !

• 57Like
  • 13Haha
Reactions:
It's obvious that:
1. we need game rule to restrict AI seduction (was in CK2...)
2. Devs need to polish schemes and hooks mechanics as they are clearly bringing as much pain, as joy while playing the game...

• 41Like
Reactions:
Hello to everything, I just noticed how much adultery is present, I passed in debug it is there that I saw illegitimate children almost everywhere and in all the religions; so even declared like a crime.it makes very strange situation or on my 8 children a woman who loves me I have 5 who are not of me whereas it no trait of depravity ! !!!

I would like to remind the developer of paradox that even if adultery existed in the 11th century there was only a small part of the population even more for female adultery !

I can assure you adultery was a common practice, in the 11th century and in every century.

• 5Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
there also appears to be events that turn legitimate children into bastards after they are already born.
That's the worst part of all this. Seduction can, and will be toned down. But even erasing Seduction completely won't get rid of this Disputed Blood BS. And the Game will keep on yanking the carpet right out from under everyone's feet until the Devs fix it.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
There is a limited number of events in the game as of now, and many of them are for love affairs and seduction, even if a character is not currently using the Seduction plot. I had at least 4 non-lustful female courtiers approach my chaste count and flat out proposition to him. It got kinda ridiculous, where can this guy go to file a complaint for sexual harrassment?

Also, both the Intrigue and Martial trees have perks that give large bonuses for attraction, which means a lot of scorching hot people going about who your spouse will have to resist.

Try to Romance your wife, instead of seducing. Romance leads to Soulmates, and supposedly, that means they will not have an affair.

• 25Like
  • 14Haha
Reactions:
Everything about CK channels into one thing, the survival of your dynasty. We have more different types of resources than ever before, and probably more than any other PDX game. Titles, claims, levies, knights, MoA, gold, prestige, fame, piety, devotion, renown, splendor, stress, technology, development, control, opinion, probably more things that I am forgetting. Even the levers of this system have levers.

The question is how does infidelity fit into that singular goal, and how does it generate or cost resources. Obviously, you can get heirs, so that would be one reason. If you don't have an heir, and you want one, or your spouse hasn't provided one and wants to. General affairs though, as someone already mentioned, have existed, and will probably always exist as part of interpersonal relationships. So all you need is a reason for the AI character to want to have an affair, and a reason for you or another AI to accept.

Additionally, some of this probably has to do with the death rate of males, so the events are probably hitting the player male more often, regardless of weights.

As with other holes in the game, there will likely be patch or DLC content that replaces or expands the system.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Try to Romance your wife, instead of seducing. Romance leads to Soulmates, and supposedly, that means they will not have an affair.

Yeah no, first time I went for Soulmate with my wife I hoped it would stop that and NOPE about a year later she was "sneaking off" and confronting her revealed she was hooking up with my new Court Physician who'd just been hired. Who wasn't even like a Seducer or anything, old one-legged dude. Then she got pregnant with his kid... ugly ugly situation

• 11Like
  • 11Haha
Reactions:
Yeah no, first time I went for Soulmate with my wife I hoped it would stop that and NOPE about a year later she was "sneaking off" and confronting her revealed she was hooking up with my new Court Physician who'd just been hired. Who wasn't even like a Seducer or anything, old one-legged dude. Then she got pregnant with his kid... ugly ugly situation

Absolutely it's totally ridiculous in a medieval society.

• 19Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
I can assure you adultery was a common practice, in the 11th century and in every century.
have you activated the debug mode ? you will be surprised at the number of illegitimate children, there are about 1/3 of the children who are illegitimate children hidden or not !

• 6Like
Reactions:
Hopefully, this will begin to be balanced along with a number of other items that are broken.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Confirming, I don't think I've had more than one legitimate heir firstborn for over a hundred years. Too frequent, and oddly prone to becoming bastards long after they were born, even if you debug pregnancy that queen.

Needs fixing asap.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Absolutely it's totally ridiculous in a medieval society.

I would argue that people being ridiculous about sex, both in having it and saying you shouldn't have it, and how you should have it, is pretty much a constant to human society. How it fits into the game is the question. The hook and secret system is a pretty fun model, we kinda need a "open secret" though, for things that "everyone" knows.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Its not so much that adultery happened in the 9th and 11th century and every century its the fact that its absurdly high to the point of insanity. Notably you can have soul-mates which mechanically is a level higher than lovers commit adultery. Adultery and cheating was common but so was staying true to your partner(s).

breaking that bubble. My soulmate wife went crazy for a dude later in her life and even got pregnant...
Yea, when I saw that happened I was like wtf? I thought soulmates were supposed to stop that sort of thing.

• 22Like
Reactions:
There's another problem with adultery - it's considered a crime if you've got the fornicator trait and your liege lord can revoke your titles for that...which is pretty absurd right off the bat. What makes it even more absurd is if the liege lord tries to revoke a title because of it - he CAN get deposed as the ruler of his own titles if he LOSES the revocation war. That's a pretty huge penalty...way out of proportion for adultery. My de Bayeux countess had the Fornicator trait and two successive de Normandie dukes of Normandy tried to revoke her title to Bayeux and lost both times..each of them getting deposed in favor of his heir each time in succession. And second, adultery is too trivial to revoke titles over especially if the liege lord had zero connection to either adulterous party which was the case for my countess. (it was with one of Countess Gytha of Devon's sons who engaged in adultery with my countess)

• 18Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.