[Unofficial] 3.4.5 'Cepheus' Known Issues / Community-maintained bug list - last updated July 19

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Similar to how I did for 3.3, I'm creating this thread as a catalogue of bugs and exploits present in the current 3.4.2 'Cepheus' release of Stellaris. I will attempt to keep this updated for a while as bugs are discovered and/or fixed.

Spoiler: Bugs fixed in the 3.4.3 patch

I'd just like to (again) extend my thanks and appreciation for this thread and the work you've done keeping it up-to-date.

If multiple empires start with the same species (e.g. Humans), special traits added by one empire's origin (e.g. Void Dweller) will be applied to the pops in all empires, potentially inflicting massive penalties to the other empires.
I believe this issue solely affects the UNE and COM due to how the two are coded. If this issue can occur for other empires, please let us know. In the meanwhile, I'd suggest not editing the UNE or COM preset empires and that should prevent the issue.

It seems they spawn a fully-formed Zombie every 5 years instead of providing pop assembly.

There should be a tooltip on the holding stating when the next zombie will be produced, much like the necrophage buildings have a tooltip stating when the next elevation ceremony is.

Civilian ships, including constructors and colony ships, have -50% sublight speed (and evasion) for not having an offspring ship despite that not being possible

The offspring bonus should be applied to any ships that share a system, not just those in the same fleet. So having an offspring building on the starbase or an offspring ship following your civilian vessels will negate the penalty.

• 8Like
Reactions:
Bug update 5/19
Ok, fixed bugs are removed from the list! I did decide to save them collapsed in a spoiler just in case I need to add one back for some reason though. [As designed] entries are remaining in place in order to be informative. The thread name has now also been updated to the new version.

Removed the recommendations section because all of the caution points have been resolved! Also, all known bugs for the Progenitor Hive and Subterranean origins from Overlord DLC have been fixed, if anyone was holding off until trying them out.

@RabbaDooDabba Thanks a bunch! I've updated the entry.

I'd just like to (again) extend my thanks and appreciation for this thread and the work you've done keeping it up-to-date.
You're welcome! And I appreciate the excellent work you've done getting so many fixes out so quickly!
I've added your notes to the related entries on the list. The Reemployment Center holding one is now tagged [As designed].

Bugs to reevaluate post patch:
  • [Needs verification]There might be an issue with armor and hull regenerating too quickly, but it's also possible this is only an impression giving by the reduced accuracy from the lack of tracking significantly reducing damage output.
    • If this is a bug, it may be related to armor and hull not having a delay after taking a hit before regen starts, like shields do. That was already the case in 3.3.4 though, and this didn't seem to be a problem in that version.
    • [Needs verification] Possibly caused by ticking being too quick? [Post]
    • [Needs verification] Now that tracking is fixed, does regen speed still seem too fast?
  • [Confirmed] [Major?] [Cause unclear] Under certain conditions Corporate empires are unable to establish branch offices. [Report]
    • Report and response contain no information on what those conditions might be, except possibly that the empire in question was using the Subterranean origin.
    • AI empire with Subterranean origin is able to open branch offices but can't build branch office buildings. [Post]
    • [3.4.3] Added tooltip on create office branch button when players could not open a branch office.
    • [Needs verification] Are corporate empires still occasionally unable to establish branch offices, or should I move this to fix and split the AI not building branch office buildings into a separate entry?
  • [Balance] [Needs verification]Contract negotiation acceptance penalties for smaller tributes of multiple resources are higher than for tribute of a single resource taxed at a greater rate than both combined.
    • [3.4.3] Tweaked AI acceptance of resource contribution terms, making them more likely to accept harsher tithes/subsidies.
    • [Needs verification] Has this been fixed by the rebalance to AI tribute acceptance?
Added bugs:
  • Having the Teachers of the Shroud origin doesn't fulfill the Traditionalist faction's Psionic Pursuit issue, costing you 10 approval since you can't take the Mind over Matter ascension perk. [Report]
  • Vassals created by releasing a sector don't inherit the ascension perk slot unlocks from their already completed traditions. [Report]
    • Consequently they also don't inherit their overlord's ascension perks, but I'm not sure whether that aspect is also a bug or if they're supposed to have empty slots and be able to choose their own perks.
  • Corporate empires still create new Corporate empires with a liberation war status quo, instead of the Merchant Guilds oligarchies they're supposed to make instead now. [Report]
  • Planets occupied by your war allies don't seem to count as occupied when determining occupation percentage and an AI empire's surrender acceptance. [Report]
  • Pops created by the Subterranean Civilization event chain don't have the Cave Dweller trait. [Report]

If anyone has console command solutions to any bugs on the list, I'll add them to the post to help people experiencing them to fix their games.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Subjugation War Terms aren't being applied correctly. The "Expansion", "Joins Overlord's Wars," and "Holdings Limits" are all not correctly applied to the vassal contract after winning a subjugation war.

For example, it says Holdings Limit is 1, but the contract after the war says 0.

I've only tried it with "Balanced" Subjugation War Terms, so I don't know if it works for Oppressive and Benevolent.

Also the tooltip for "Holdings Limit" is 1 for all war terms from oppressive to benevolent, don't know if that's how it's designed but odd if so.

I submitted a bug report with screenshot.

did you get the marauder FTL inhibitor bug?

• 2Like
Reactions:
This is considered working as designed. If you want your subjects to join your offensive wars, that should be part of their agreement.
I'm not sure if you understood the issue correctly. Yes, if you want your subjects to be forced to join your offensive wars, that should be part of their agreement. Even without having it in the agreement, however, it should still be possible to invite your subjects to voluntarily join a specific offensive war.

Reactions:
So the patch didn't fix anything. I still declare war on myself when I declare war on my vassal's allies.
That should only be an issue in existing games continued from before the hotfix, with allies that your vassals already have.

The fix is that vassals are no longer allowed to make new allies, so in new games declaring war on a vassal's allies will never happen because vassals will never have allies for you to declare war on.

Reactions:
Haven't had a chance to test this in detail but here it goes:

Was watching a few AI autoruns.

A.) AI is getting themselves diplomatically vassalized left and right despite not being much weaker than the proposer. In a large galaxy with 20 empires, all but 3 were vassalized after 100 years. This happens the most with friendly ai personalities that get an advanced start.

B.) One of those overlord AI had very strong subject power penalties. Eventually one of the subjects decided to plan a war against the overlord and the war notification warning popped up. The time when the subject was supposed to declare war just went by, the popup stayed with an outdated date. I switched to said subject Empire to declare the war for independence myself. Was able to invite 3 other subjects to declare war, but nothing happened. I did not even get a notification that the war proposal was voted down. Only attacking by myself was possible. This might affect other war declaration invites too.

did you get the marauder FTL inhibitor bug?

Was curious about this myself. I did observe a Marauder fleet engaged with a Starbase so i have hope. Im going to try to get some shared sensors and observe them in detail when I continue the game later.

here's a whole series of bug reports, notable because the poster, darkrenown, is a former game director of Stellaris!

Reactions:
Just want to chuck an update in this thread re. megacorp vassal not building in their branch offices. After an extended period, the vassal has in fact filled up branch office. This is a bit weird because it makes sense to build in them as early as possible to get the full benefits of trade offices, so I have no idea what is going on. This could be a weighting issue in the economic plan for megacorps, because as far as I can tell income has not been an issue for the vassal.

Reactions:
Asking here first, since I'm not sure some of these are bugs.
[3.4.3, no mods], unless otherwise noted. Save was created in 3.4.2.

1. A planet got Infected by the Scourge, was blasted Barren, and later terraformed into a gaia world. Should the planet still have some (all?) of its buildings either intact or ruined (due to lack of city districts) after terraforming and colonization? Happened several times. Also, the outliner tooltip still called them Infected during colonization, and they had a skull icon.
Vaguely recall that the name I gave one of the planets when ordering colonization didn't stick, but not 100% sure. It was something like 'Whatever PrimeUNITY", so I think I would have noticed.
Not sure how the planet was turned Barren. The FA had 3 colossi flying about (all together for some reason), while us pleb mortals had to do it the slow way.

2. Should the duration of the Neutron Bombardment planetary effect pause while it's Barren? Only started ticking down from 3600 seconds once terraforming was finished.

3. Should the GC sanctions resolution tooltips list the actual effects of the sanctions? They don't.

4. "Truce of until". Probably related to the already reported bug about wars not having names anymore. Worth reporting separately?

5. The Promising Officer event can fire for the Domesticated Praetoryn 'ship'. More funny than anything, and maybe there are small command ships following the queen around to make sure it doesn't break free or whatever.

6. Destroyer got stuck in an invincible state fighting a citadel. Know bug iirc, and resolved itself eventually.

7. Definitely not a bug, but it's a little odd (and confusing, until I checked the wiki) that there are two different 'Capture a Praetoryn Queen and use it to make Praetoryn units that you control' events during the crisis. One that gives you a Queen ship that spawns more ships, and one that gives you a Queen relic that spawns ships. Was the former implemented before relics were a thing?
Also annoying that nobody is guaranteed to get the relic, unlike with the other crises. I don't know if it just never dropped, or if that temporary pity faction that comes in halfway through if you're getting rekt swiped it. The latter would be fine, but I don't like the former.

8. [3.4.2, no mods] Got an alert that the Praetoryn purged the Tiyanki home system. Fair enough, one more reason to kill them. But then, when I flew in and cleared out their station in that system, I instantly got the same alert again, this time saying that my empire had destroyed their spawning system.

9. [3.4.2, no mods] Developing Paranoia is not what I'd call a 'new skill', but I guess that's a matter of opinion.

Let me know if any of these are worth reporting.

Attachments

• 20220519223203_1.jpg
    20220519223203_1.jpg
    332,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220520175502_1.jpg
    20220520175502_1.jpg
    367,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220520190412_1.jpg
    20220520190412_1.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220520191751_1.jpg
    20220520191751_1.jpg
    406,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220520192050_1.jpg
    20220520192050_1.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220520195120_1.jpg
    20220520195120_1.jpg
    334,3 KB · Views: 0
  • ironman.sav
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220519205242_1.jpg
    20220519205242_1.jpg
    419,7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220518115931_1.jpg
    20220518115931_1.jpg
    441,6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220518153707_1.jpg
    20220518153707_1.jpg
    379,6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220518154846_1.jpg
    20220518154846_1.jpg
    363,1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220518155528_1.jpg
    20220518155528_1.jpg
    319,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220520195736_1.jpg
    20220520195736_1.jpg
    390,4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220520194435_1.jpg
    20220520194435_1.jpg
    344,3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions:
I think this is the right place to post this:

[Balance consideration]
Different Overlord Holdings have an impact on subject loyality. This is usually between +1 and -2, with the exception of the overlord garrison that can go up to +2 (at a -15% planetary happiness penalty) and the Ministry of Science tht can go down to -2.5 total.
However every single holding allowed in the subject contract applies its own -1 to monthly loyality.
As such most holding have a negative or zero loyality impact if summed up.

the numbers looks as if that was forgotten and the outputs often similarly seem a bit low compared to what you can gain as resource taxes for the same "price".

Reactions:
I am playing with no mods.. 1 thing I have noticed my game doing is randomly not signaling with a red indicator that there are menial jobs available. When I go to a planet, I can see there are unemployed pops, but the indication is not there. And then sometime later, it pops up again and begins working.

A second issue I have seen, is after loading a saved game, the right click does not work and the Slowest --> Fastest tool bar is not present.

I'm not sure if this is a bug since I haven't been able to do too much with vassals, but it looks like the Overlord Holding for Idyllic Bloom Gaia Seeders gives a permanent +1 monthly loyalty even after the planet is terraformed to a Gaia world and I've built something else in that slot. My vassal contract has a -0.7 monthly loyalty but the vassal has positive loyalty even though their current holdings aren't listed with any loyalty modifier. I have not yet tried renegotating the contract to see if the loyalty values update.

Not sure if it's a bug because turning your subject's planets into Gaia worlds does give them a permanent beneficial effect even once the building has served its use, so I can see an argument for it remaining. But if I go through and build Gaia seeders on all their planets, I could potentially have enough cumulative positive loyalty from the seeders to offset a rather harsh contract.

I'm not sure if this is a bug since I haven't been able to do too much with vassals, but it looks like the Overlord Holding for Idyllic Bloom Gaia Seeders gives a permanent +1 monthly loyalty even after the planet is terraformed to a Gaia world and I've built something else in that slot. My vassal contract has a -0.7 monthly loyalty but the vassal has positive loyalty even though their current holdings aren't listed with any loyalty modifier. I have not yet tried renegotating the contract to see if the loyalty values update.

Not sure if it's a bug because turning your subject's planets into Gaia worlds does give them a permanent beneficial effect even once the building has served its use, so I can see an argument for it remaining. But if I go through and build Gaia seeders on all their planets, I could potentially have enough cumulative positive loyalty from the seeders to offset a rather harsh contract.
There is a 10 year +0.5 loyalty buff upon completion (or 3 year debuff if they are hydrocentric and the world was an ocean world), but it shouldn't be stacking. At least, I don't think it should stack.

• 1Like
Reactions: