[Unofficial] 3.4.5 'Cepheus' Known Issues / Community-maintained bug list - last updated July 19

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • [Needs verification]There might be an issue with armor and hull regenerating too quickly, but it's also possible this is only an impression giving by the reduced accuracy from the lack of tracking significantly reducing damage output.
    • If this is a bug, it may be related to armor and hull not having a delay after taking a hit before regen starts, like shields do. That was already the case in 3.3.4 though, and this didn't seem to be a problem in that version.
This appears to be due to the ticking being too quick, it's not daily but multiple times per day, I think.

I had an Ether Drake stalemate a wandering Star Wraith for nearly a year in game I think, basically unable to damage each other faster than the regen. This is also visible with the Great Khan's large Galleon class ships, they can tank damage sitting on ~0-2% armour and regenning health under it. Adding in more firepower shows just how fast it regens as they rapidly fall and push.

I haven't checked but I wouldn't expect either Galleons or Ether Drakes to have much evasion, so I'm not sure that tracking failing to counteract it is the issue. I'm playing Ironman, so I'm not sure if there is anything I can attach to help, but check out this screenshot.

20220516224430_1.jpg

That's both on full health, even after a hit.

would you bother listing them?
it's not like a small list but ok

NOTE: these are other people's reports, not mine

NOTE: these are other people's reports, not mine

Reactions:
Automated colony designation is all over the place. Most of the time it sets my planets as factory planets so I have to change them manually. Habitats keep setting themselves as trade habitats.
I've been griping about this one for a while. Apparently it happens if you have over a hundred monthly alloys and no tier 2 or 3 forge building on the planet, it'll assume your alloy production is good and try to give you more CGs even though the amount of surplus alloys and surplus CGs you want are not at all the same.

Today's bug report concerns another small, but still annoying thing: Job production value of Ministry of Truth.

It's a holding you can build on the capital planet of a vassal. The tooltip says it creates 2 Propagandist jobs, which turn approx. 2 unity into approx. 1 influence. Only, you don't get 1 influence for 2 unity.

Directly from the file:

category = planet_overlord_propagandists
produces = {
influence = 0.15
}

So, two of them produce 0.3 influence for 2 unity. It's not 0, yes, but from what I learned on how to round numbers, 0.3 isn't rounded to 1. It's quite misleading that the tooltip is off by over twice the yield you actually get.

The solution is simple: give us exact numbers.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Doesn't apply to voting in the Galactic Community. Doesn't make your subjects vote the same way as your initial position if you're already supporting or opposing a resolution in the queue before it moves to the senate floor. They will match any changes you make to your position after the vote has already started, though.
Upon further examination this need you to also the proposer of the bill, and had never changed your altitude on your own proposal (a very likely scenario...)

In other words, game need the proposer change altitude at least once to have its subjects vote accordingly. They probably assumed everyone would start with abstaining status with every bill. This is indeed true except for the case of proposer.
Cross-posting this info here.

Reactions:
Another one...
My main species decided to create a duplicate itself with identical traits. Now I have two versions of the same species and the game won't let me merge them together.

Bug update 5/18
@pmchem
Unclear that this is a bug.
Already on the list.
Added.
Already on the list.
Already on the list.
Gestalts ignore migration controls. I believe this is working as designed.
Already on the list.
While this is clearly a bug, the report description doesn't contain enough information for me to determine exactly what the bug is.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or working as designed.
Already on the list.
Already on the list.
Already on the list.
Tentatively added, although I'd prefer to have more information.
Added.
Added.
Insufficient information for me to determine whether or not this is a bug. Does how much the AI is willing to pay for leaders vary with their levels and traits?
Unclear that this is a bug and not just the AI having different priorities for spending its alloys.
Added.
Already on the list.

Was at war with an empire that had another empire in a defensive pact with them. The second empire didn't do anything and the first empire ended up losing all their planets. The war didn't end there and continued against the other empire. The other empire asked for a status quo which I accepted because I'd got what I wanted. This resulted in me losing the war for some reason.
Was the other empire using the subjugation or liberation war goal, splitting your empire?
Automated colony designation is all over the place. Most of the time it sets my planets as factory planets so I have to change them manually. Habitats keep setting themselves as trade habitats.
I'll probably do a logic pass for auto designation weights later this week. There were several issues with them in 3.3, but I'll need to see what new/changed.
Managed to get a vassal because their war score hit 100 before I did. Despite the acceptance being something like -1000 just prior. Is this supposed to be this way? I'm not overly familiar with the whole vassal process because I've always taken the genocidal route.
I honestly don't know.
I found robot pops with the cyborg trait. Not sure how that happened.
Weird. Do you have any mods active? Are these mechanical robots or machine units? Any idea if they were created via sythetic assimilation? Can you check to make sure it isn't Self-Modified, which uses the same icon? (Which would still be a bug, but likely have a different cause)
My main species decided to create a duplicate itself with identical traits. Now I have two versions of the same species and the game won't let me merge them together.
Is this possibly being caused by assimilation?

@wraithstalke Added that note to the bug!
@MarkAngelo tbh I don't really want to watch a 10 minute video to figure out what you want me to add. Do you have a bug report?
@Silens Already on the list!
  • [Confirmed] [QoL] The Ministry of Truth holding displays its output as 1 influence, which isn't particularly useful information when the base output of an Overlord Propagandist is 0.15 influence. It would be appropriate to show that decimal instead of rounding here. [Report]
@Merch991 Added! Thanks for verifying this still exists!

Added bugs:
  • If the War in Heaven can happen and either hasn't started yet or started within the last 15 years, the only endgame crisis that can happen between endgame years 25 and 50 is the Unbidden. [Report]
    • This is because the year threshold for the "Unbidden only if it's Jump Drives" trigger wasn't lowered to match the new sooner endgame crisis date.
    • Unbidden Only II: Psionic Boogaloo
  • [Balance] AI overvalues bombarding planets compared to attacking starbases and fleets in other systems, causing fleets to effectively remove themselves from a war if they can't get any armies to the system to invade the planet. [Report]
    • I think it's very rare for planets to have enough defensive armies for bombarding them to actually matter. Planetary bombardment should be an extremely low priority, unless the AI is genocidal and trying to destroy the colony, they're raiding pops, or the planet actually has more defensive armies than their assault armies can handle.
  • Mercenary enclaves don't hire enough admirals for all their fleets, reassign admirals away from fleets that are hired out, and constantly transfer their admiral between their fleets. [Report1] [Report2]
  • AI is unable to build certain modules on orbital rings because it tries to build the regular starbase versions instead. [Report]
  • [Needs verification] AI empires don't issue new orders to their fleets when take point is disabled. [Report]
  • [Needs verification] [Cause unclear] Sometimes AI construction ships can get stuck in a loop starting and canceling a task? [Report]
  • [Preexisting] The National Purity agenda increases monthly influence instead of monthly unity. [Report]
    • [Needs verification] Possibly not a bug, but it seems far more likely that it was missed during the great influence to unity conversion.
  • [Preexisting] Empires can only be in breach of highest currently active resolution in each category, when they should also be able to be in breach of lower level resolutions. [3.4.2]
Updated bugs:
  • [Needs verification] There might be an issue with armor and hull regenerating too quickly, but it's also possible this is only an impression giving by the reduced accuracy from the lack of tracking significantly reducing damage output.
    • If this is a bug, it may be related to armor and hull not having a delay after taking a hit before regen starts, like shields do. That was already the case in 3.3.4 though, and this didn't seem to be a problem in that version.
    • [Needs verification] Possibly caused by ticking being too quick? [Post]
  • Restricted Voting: Doesn't make your subjects vote the same way as your initial position if you're already supporting or opposing a resolution in the queue before it moves to the senate floor for resolutions you propose. They will match any changes you make to your position after the vote has already started while the resolution is in the queue or on the senate floor, though. [Report]
    • Likely happens because you're automatically set to support the resolutions you propose, and restricted voting only triggers when you change your vote/support.
Needs more info:
  • [Needs verification] [Cause unclear] Possibly Fallen Empires can accept subject contracts that include joining offensive wars as a term, or maybe they can negotiate contracts with subject brought into the fold, or possibly this is just the already documented bug with subjects and defensive pacts. [Report]
  • Fallen Empires can't target subject empires that claim their territory with the Humiliation wargoal, so the subject's claims aren't removed when the FE wins the war, so the FE keeps the casus belli and remains angry. [Report]
    • [Needs verification] Possibly working as designed and you're just supposed to release the subject to fight the FE on their own?
  • [Needs verification] [Cause unclear] Possibly accepting a status quo can cause you to lose a war?
  • [Needs verification] [Cause unclear] Possibly robotic pops can gain the cyborg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Was the other empire using the subjugation or liberation war goal, splitting your empire?
It was a multiplayer game (The empires in question were both AI, however) and I've since deleted the save. I'm not entirely sure what goal they picked but I'm fairly certain we both had conquest. I know I did. I did think it was a bit weird the war didn't end when the first empire had all its planets invaded and claimed. That empire got booted from the game.
Weird. Do you have any mods active? Are these mechanical robots or machine units? Any idea if they were created via sythetic assimilation? Can you check to make sure it isn't Self-Modified, which uses the same icon? (Which would still be a bug, but likely have a different cause)
Mods: UI Overhaul Dyanamic, Tiny Outliner v2, UI Overhaul Dyanamic+Tiny Outliner v2, Animated Synthetics Expanded: Reborn.
It was 100% the cyborg trait.
Is this possibly being caused by assimilation?
Not in this case. The species were clone army origin but this happened long after I finished the fertility route so it wasn't some random weirdness with a colony ship. The main and duplicates were in the same stack. I had hoped I could fix it by going down the genetic path because they were in the same stack and just merge them into one but no dice. I couldn't do anything with them.

Last edited:
Whoooof. Please playtest your updates more Paradox, or at least release them in a beta so players encounter this at their own risk.

Was going to jump into a new game tonight, but I think I'll hold off a month or so...
It’s really insane how these bugs work they way into the game. Do the devs not open the game before releasing it?

Could be worse though, EU4 is cartoonishly unplayable right now.

Uh has anyone receiving ships out of no where? They seem to be the same design as my mercenary enclave. I'm in a modded env so not sure if it's one of the mod doing, but none of the mods I have should mangle with mercenaries, so I doubt this might actually be a vanilla problem

Uh has anyone receiving ships out of no where? They seem to be the same design as my mercenary enclave. I'm in a modded env so not sure if it's one of the mod doing, but none of the mods I have should mangle with mercenaries, so I doubt this might actually be a vanilla problem

It's part of the dividends. There's a random selection of things you can get, that includes ships if you're below 95% naval capacity usage.

Reactions:
Anybody else not receiving the 10% reduction in crime, which should be projected by my hyper relay network after connecting it to my bulwark vassal? I definitely saw a 10% reduction listed on my planets' crime tooltips before, but when the worlds needed it most, it vanished.

See the attached screenshot. This planet is part of the Caloc system and Gemma is the bulwark. No 10% reduction anymore.

However, this game uses two mods: Gigastructures, and Tiny Outliner v2. Has anybody had this issue while not using any mods at all????

Attachments

• 20220519082036_1.jpg
    20220519082036_1.jpg
    990,7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Good news!

Now that the 3.4.3 patch is out, I'd like some feedback on what to do for fixed bugs: should I leave them in place with a strikethrough and tag, delete them from the list, or move them into a spoiler?

• 1Like
Reactions:
The list is pretty long now. To make it easy to follow and manage, get rid of them. They served their purpose and the patch notes can fill the historical archive role.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Yes, all the issues that are fixed should go from the list. Makes it easier to focus on existing issues.

Like the GDF/Imperial Navy still using up your own Naval Cap (but luckily being free of upkeep, as they should).

• 2Like
Reactions:
Good news!

Now that the 3.4.3 patch is out, I'd like some feedback on what to do for fixed bugs: should I leave them in place with a strikethrough and tag, delete them from the list, or move them into a spoiler?

agreed with prior posters, delete irrelevant stuff

• 1Like
Reactions:
Deficits and defaulting
  • You can trigger a deficit situation on a resource you can't currently produce, leaving you with a semi-permanent debuff that can't be removed until you gain regular access to the resource. Ending your consumption of the resource doesn't remove the deficit situation despite no longer having a deficit or even any use at all of the resource.
    • Can be triggered in the following ways:
      • Gaining a lump sum of a strategic resource from an event, and using it for edicts. [Report] [Report]
      • Conquering planets with building upkeep using a resource you haven't researched yet. [Post]
      • [Confirmed] Paying a subject a subsidy involving that resource category. [Report]
      • If playing an empire that doesn't use food (e.g. Lithoids or Machines), acquiring biological pops from conquest, immigration, subject integration, the slave market, using the Omnicodex or Last Baol relics, uplifting presapients, or as refugees.
      • If playing an empire that doesn't use food or consumer goods, can be triggered by ghost pops from the destroy_colony bug (see below).
    • Deficit situations shouldn't trigger if the issue is resolved by auto-cancelling all edicts using the resource, and possibly by also disabling all buildings using it for upkeep.
    • Possibly caused by the 'not in deficit' trigger requiring you have an income greater than zero instead of greater than or equal to zero. (Depending on developer intent.)
This appears fixed as well, as the situation now checks for a balance >=0 instead of only >0