Stellaris - Stellaris Marauders getting stuck [3.2.2][abcc]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Leylos

Captain
17 Badges
Jan 12, 2018
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
Description
Stellaris Marauders getting stuck [3.2.2][abcc]

Game Version

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
As per the description, Marauder fleets get stuck when launching raids at targets. This is because the fleet can't target the planet, since there are starbases in the way with FTL Inhibitors in the way. The resulting Marauder fleet will never leave its system and the Marauders will from that point onwards no longer be able to raid anyone.

Here is how to fix it:
Crisis Empires currently ignore FTL Inhibitors. Simply applying the same for Marauders would fix the whole problem.

Please, whoever is reading this. This bug has existed for over 3 years now and makes a major feature of the Apocalypse Expansion not usable past the early game. Somebody please fix this, I beg you.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Make sure that the marauders can't trace any path to the planet they want to raid to by having starbases with FTIL Inhibitors in the way. The Marauder fleet will never launch and will remain in its home system forever. This works every single time.

In the screenshot I attached you can see a Raiding Fleet that has been hired 5 years ago, but has still not moved because it can't trace a target to a planet.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• 20220205093545_1.jpg
    20220205093545_1.jpg
    329,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Since nobody has written back yet, here is a save game with a Raiding Fleet being stuck.
In the system I saved in from the "Bokasheran Warriors" you will find one neutral fleet, which is the Raiding Fleet.

I would really appreciate it if someone could look into this.

Attachments

• Marauders_Stuck.sav
    3,6 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I disagree that they should ignore FTL inhibitors. What's the point of building defenses if they just ignore it?
What they actually should do is to change their targeting if stuck, to try to either pick another planet as a target, or to actually fight the bases on their way

Reactions:
I disagree too with that ignore FTL inhibitors. I've analyzed the save in detail. In fact all three Marauder enclaves have raid fleets on they way. Two are stuck (and one is on the back way).

There are 2 simple solution for this. Ignoring FTL inhibitors is not an option (also because it is hard-coded?).
1. I've added to all relevant Marauder events (.31 .33 .101 .103 .150 .21) a pre-trigger for system accessibility (can_access_system)
2. We can split the path to the target with steps (queue_actions), because if an enemy starbase is conquered the way is free.

I would really appreciate it if someone could look into this.
Do you have a pre-hiring save for this? There is another problem with this, as the target country is missing a target flag. So it should be "Ma'Kar Commerce Guild" and not "Das Imperium"!?

However the fleet has access to both empires so this bug must be another reason (or your given save-game is already too old).

I'll today integrate the fix (active & passive) in:

PS: The active fix will be executed if you meet the Marauder diplomacy again.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I disagree too with that ignore FTL inhibitors. I've analyzed the save in detail. In fact all three Marauder enclaves have raid fleets on they way. Two are stuck (and one is on the back way).

There are 2 simple solution for this. Ignoring FTL inhibitors is not an option (also because it is hard-coded?).
1. I've added to all relevant Marauder events (.31 .33 .101 .103 .150 .21) a pre-trigger for system accessibility (can_access_system)
2. We can split the path to the target with steps (queue_actions), because if an enemy starbase is conquered the way is free.

Do you have a pre-hiring save for this? There is another problem with this, as the target country is missing a target flag. So it should be "Ma'Kar Commerce Guild" and not "Das Imperium"!?

However the fleet has access to both empires so this bug must be another reason (or your given save-game is already too old).

I'll today integrate the fix (active & passive) in:

PS: The active fix will be executed if you meet the Marauder diplomacy again.
We need to run marauder.6 again, except use existing fleet instead of creating new one. Also, there is a delayed event in the save to delete fleet after a year.

Reactions:
Fix is now live on Steam (save-game compatible, 1 week delay).
In fact I've added the suggestion from OldEnt as 3rd solution. (The step by step path finding is indeed not that easy and is still not working fully for sure - because it needs more elaborate second layer distance compare).

PS: both idling raider fleets (from the save-game) take now new targets.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: