• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Donasien de la Lumiere

*Donasien sets aside his wine glass, smiling again.* Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe the Speaker can only be appointed by unanimous decision. So as of this moment, no one is our Speaker. *He leans back in his chair and puts his feet up on the table, rocking back and forth irreverently.* But I'll be happy to endorse you, Este-Ravenna, provided you do the right thing and agree to confiscate church property for the war effort--for our own survival. I will support you on all other points.

Senator Alexandros Mandromenos

*Alexandros sees what is happening, it appears he is still aware of his surroundings. He turns to Lumiere and begins to laugh manically*

{{We will be aboard a ship? It would be quite a surprise if, suddenly, a boat appears with a specific senator inside holding a wet piece of paper}}

Last edited:
Reactions:
Senator Alexios Este-Ravenna

He looks over the captive Mandromenos contemplatively, lips pressed firmly together. "Interrogation will not be necessary, Dekarchos, the man is mad, nothing more. Is there a procedure to remove him from our faction, if not the Senate? At the very least I wish him restrained where he can do no harm to himself or others. Once this is done, our need for you is passed. I thank you for your service. the Angeloi Protect!"

He turns the letter over briefly, then swiftly opens it and reads its contents.

Senator Donasien de la Lumiere

*Donasien sets aside his wine glass, smiling again.* Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe the Speaker can only be appointed by unanimous decision. So as of this moment, no one is our Speaker. *He leans back in his chair and puts his feet up on the table, rocking back and forth irreverently.* But I'll be happy to endorse you, Este-Ravenna, provided you do the right thing and agree to confiscate church property for the war effort--for our own survival. I will support you on all other points.

His voice is harsh and cold.
"I will not be blackmailed, Senator Donasien. The Red Demes do not dictate policies on the whims of any one of their members."

*You open the letter and begin to read. Or try to, at least. In his madness and haste, most of the words are illegible. The ones you can read are few and far between and make no sense in isolation, save one: Capponi*

Senator Zeno Urbicus Mojmirid
*After Senator Alexandros returns, Zeno calms down, and only then realizes what he has done*
Ah, speaker I do apolgoize. I should have let you give the order to detain Senator Alexandros. It was never my intent to usurp power at any instance. Please forgive me, and my ignorance. All this time I have been thinking about what his madness might do to us and the rest of the Imperium I lost myself in fear and forgot where we were. I swear to you it will not happen again. As usual I will stand beside our speak in everything, even if that means imprisonment for my actions.
*Zeno sits back quietly awaiting the judgement of Senator Alexios*

He looks over the captive Mandromenos contemplatively, lips pressed firmly together. "Interrogation will not be necessary, Dekarchos, the man is mad, nothing more. Is there a procedure to remove him from our faction, if not the Senate? At the very least I wish him restrained where he can do no harm to himself or others. Once this is done, our need for you is passed. I thank you for your service. the Angeloi Protect!"
{{ Before I answer in-character - actually there is no way to kick someone out of a Faction. I will have to revise the rules it seems. However I think it would be reasonable to put this matter to a vote: if all Reds agree to kick Mandromenos out then he will be removed.}}

Reactions:

*You open the letter and begin to read. Or try to, at least. In his madness and haste, most of the words are illegible. The ones you can read are few and far between and make no sense in isolation, save one: Capponi*

Alexios tosses the letter on the table in disgust. "Mad scribbles, as

*After Senator Alexandros returns, Zeno calms down, and only then realizes what he has done*
Ah, speaker I do apolgoize. I should have let you give the order to detain Senator Alexandros. It was never my intent to usurp power at any instance. Please forgive me, and my ignorance. All this time I have been thinking about what his madness might do to us and the rest of the Imperium I lost myself in fear and forgot where we were. I swear to you it will not happen again. As usual I will stand beside our speak in everything, even if that means imprisonment for my actions.
*Zeno sits back quietly awaiting the judgement of Senator Alexios*

Alexios holds Senator Mojmirid's gaze intently, for a long solemn moment, then acknowledges the apology with a nod. "I will hold you to that promis, Senator Mojmirid."

{{ Before I answer in-character - actually there is no way to kick someone out of a Faction. I will have to revise the rules it seems. However I think it would be reasonable to put this matter to a vote: if all Reds agree to kick Mandromenos out then he will be removed.}}

{{yep, TBH I'm surprised it hasn't occurred before. I definitely see Mandromenos being booted, though... heh. Though if he decides on the Blues....:eek: Maybe we should have given him over to the Inquisition.}}

Senator Harun Al-Askari

"Speaker, I endorse all of your proposed points, except your refusal to requisition property from the church. Rather than political games, why don't we simply take a vote on the issue.

As for the fool Mandromenos, we should simply vote to kick him out of our party. He's clearly mad, and when the full Senate convenes we can put forward a measure to remove him from the full senate.

If he has any brothers or uncles, we should probably write to them to have him picked up, and a more suitable member of the family join the Senate, rather than this insane peacock.

{{There should be a downside to removing me from the Reds though. If I am not a Red, the Speaker of the Reds has no authority to restrain me and I am released automatically, also my half century taken from me is returned. Keeping me in the Reds however, gives you a way to restrict my actions.}}

{{ Alexandros is still a senator after all - but don't worry, you won't be the only lunatic in Magnaura :p }}

{{ Oh you have no idea... }}

Senator Harun Al-Askari
As for the fool Mandromenos, we should simply vote to kick him out of our party. He's clearly mad, and when the full Senate convenes we can put forward a measure to remove him from the full senate.

If he has any brothers or uncles, we should probably write to them to have him picked up, and a more suitable member of the family join the Senate, rather than this insane peacock.

I agree whole heatedly agree about Senator Mandromenos. If we are putting things to a vote,

On the issue of Bavaria: I agree, although I feel their punishment cannot come soon enough.

On the proposal of confiscating land from the Jews: I can never support anything that is against true Romans.

On the subject of confiscating land from the Church: I stand beside our speaker, the wealth of the church must be obtained through subtle means.

Lastly, if at all possible, I vote to remove Senator Mandromenos from our illustrious dems, and during the senate session bring up the proposal of removing him from the senate.

{{I demand that the procedures for removing a Senator from a faction and the Senate be called the Mandromenos Procedures, in (dis)honor of the man who required their creation.}}

Reactions:
Senator Harun Al-Askari

"Speaker, I endorse all of your proposed points, except your refusal to requisition property from the church. Rather than political games, why don't we simply take a vote on the issue.

"A very reasonable proposal, senator Al-Askari, and nothing more than I ask.
I vote
against the confiscation of church property, seeking more tactful methods of curbing their opulence.
I vote in favor of barring Senator Mandromenos from the Red Demes, and will propose his removal from the Senate at the Session."

Leon Taurinus

"I advise against actions taken to remove the madman, he is mad yes, but if we cast out our sick brother then he will flee to the Blues, the same thing we were trying to prevent him from doing, and while I would be fine handing over to the Blues a madman, he may still benefit the faction through his vote. Let us show clemency to him and if he proves too much to control during the session then we can have the senate as a whole remove him, but until then let him not become a pawn of our enemies.

As for the matter on the Church property, I will remain in opposition to the confiscation, such an action could harm the Imperium and is nothing more than a short sighed proposal."

Leon Taurinus

"I advise against actions taken to remove the madman, he is mad yes, but if we cast out our sick brother then he will flee to the Blues, the same thing we were trying to prevent him from doing, and while I would be fine handing over to the Blues a madman, he may still benefit the faction through his vote. Let us show clemency to him and if he proves too much to control during the session then we can have the senate as a whole remove him, but until then let him not become a pawn of our enemies.

As for the matter on the Church property, I will remain in opposition to the confiscation, such an action could harm the Imperium and is nothing more than a short sighed proposal."
My intent Senator Taurinus was not to remove him from the meeting, but bar him from votes or action related to the Red Dems. As for removal from the Senate, I feel that is a decision that is required by all Senators to take. So if we are in accord, we bar Senator Mandromenos from taking any action for the remainder of this meeting and bring him to the senate floor at the start of the Senate session to vote on a removal from office.

Senator Harun Al-Askari

"I vote against stealing from the jews, for the requisition of Church property, and for the removal of the mad peacock.

As for him running to the blues...

why, I believe that letter may be a code, containing treasonous information that would be delivered to the Xenoi, Pisans, Mongols, or Timurids. We should have our Senatorial guard thoroughly investigate it. Such an investigation will take a few days, and the senator must be imprisoned during that time. It is simply coincidence that the blue demes meeting will be long over by then"

Harun flashes a predatory smile. Most of his teeth are gone, replaced by a motley collection of silver and gold ones, but the few remaining ones he has are carefully maintained, and are brushed to a bright white

{{I don't get this disscusion. Alea iacta est. Red called guards with serious demands, so either guards should detain Mandriomenos or get whole company to the President to explain situation.}}

{{I think they are trying to keep this in house for now, they may get away with it for now, but later....}}