• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I do not seek to hide my hatred of those who believe they are superior to another person simply because their skin is of a different tone. Yes, these people should be punished for what they have grown up believing. It is a key part of this nation, that needs, and has, been abolished, and should never be re-instituted.

Slavery meant a lot of Money to these Aristocrats in the Southern Congress and they were selfishly looking after thier own intrests. While Understandable, it is not excusable. This is one of the reasons I relieved the Southern Government of its duties, so someone who was willing to make painful decisions for the greater good. Please understand that these slaocrats make up as little as 5% of our population, a lesser number even than that of collaborators with your northern regime. I represent the needs and wishes of the Southern People.

Oh, so you admit to being a dictator, acting for, "the needs and wishes of the Southern People". How many men of the Roman Empire declared the same thing? How many times was it true?

I hereby announce my candidacy for president on a Republican Ticket.

Economic Policy:
Laissez Faire / Intervention: The Civil War has led to a boom in railroad production and domestic manufacturing. We must capitalize on recent industrial gains to soar ahead in production.

Expansion Policy:

The winning of the Union over the South has solidified the control of the land for centuries to come. We have proven a nation as large as ours can thrive, now we must stretch out to spread our freedom and democracy else wear. If that is not fooling anyone, we need resources, so lets get invading.

Military Policy:

Pro-Military:
The military will face an obvious decrease in size once this Civil War ends, but I would support an increased size to the normal standing army. This army will assist in the laying of railroads out west, assist in the defending of peoples in the South who may need defending and perhaps defending the interim governments in the South prior to re-unionization.

Southern Policy:

As implicated above, we need to destroy the old guard of the South and bring the peoples of the South the Republican ideals of our Northern governments. All confederates involved in the government will be refused entry into the union government, a forfeit of wanting to leave this great nation in the first place. All Southern citizens not involved in the government will be re-integrated as normal citizens of this Union with all the rights associated to them. All former slaves in the South will be provided for, to the best of the abilities of a president, with their twenty-forty acres and a mule, through breaking up of some plantations in the South, and populating the Wild West. All states in the former Confederacy will be subject to Military rule until the drafting of a new constitution with the Republican ideals of this Union, and which is satisfactory to Congress, after which the states will be re-integrated and provided all the rights associated with being a state in this Union.

As a final note, I fear there is an error in my birth certificate. Whatever it says, I believe I turned 35 on this exact day, so happy Birthday to me (cough).

(I have secret agents right now fixing it. While they are at it, I had them change my birthplace from Germany to the US. ;-) )

Oh, so you admit to being a dictator, acting for, "the needs and wishes of the Southern People". How many men of the Roman Empire declared the same thing? How many times was it true?

As I have said may times, A government that does not represent its people ought not to rule oer said people, The Civillian goernment proed itself incapable of doing what needed to be done in a time of war, they will regian thier powere as a GOI in Cuba. In addition how many of those men in the Roman empire were well aware that thier death in battle was imminent.

As I have said may times, A government that does not represent its people ought not to rule oer said people, The Civillian goernment proed itself incapable of doing what needed to be done in a time of war, they will regian thier powere as a GOI in Cuba. In addition how many of those men in the Roman empire were well aware that thier death in battle was imminent.

And yet that was a government that the people elected fairly. Unless you would accuse your own precious rebel republic of being corrupt, or your people of being dumb sheep that have to be led by a herder? Isn't that the kind of thought we both rebelled against in the Revolution, and you supposedly rebelled against in this present conflict?

And yet that was a government that the people elected fairly. Unless you would accuse your own precious rebel republic of being corrupt?

No, actually as the Executive and Judicial Branches were appointed by me ((See 1st CSA Go. Post)) and the Legislators were mainly carried over the pre-independence period the government was not elected. What General Davis giveth he can (Temporarily) taketh away. The people elected for Independence, I chose the provisional Government.

No, actually as the Executive and Judicial Branches were appointed by me ((See 1st CSA Go. Post)) and the Legislators were mainly carried over the pre-independence period the government was not elected. What General Davis giveth he can (Temporarily) taketh away.

Oh, so yet more proof that you are naught but a dictator, who would so take his people's right to vote for their leader away. Yes, your dictatorial rule is surely far superior to the autocratic and anti-liberal method of allowing our people to choose who they wish to represent them.

Could I join as:
James Brookes (born 1820, age 40 in 1860)
Republican Senator for Vermont

Brookes was born in Vermont to a third generation English migrant family, and supports the Republican parties policies for the next election. He was a supporter of the Cameron-Davis ticket in the last election, but was quick to declare his support for the Union at the outbreak of war. He is a fervent advocate of abolition. He now wishes for a reconstruction and reintergration of the South with harsh punishments for the leaders of the rebellion.

I would like to outline my plan for the southern states of America.

My whole plan for the United states is based upon equality.
1) All generals and members of the CSA government will be put under trial. The jury will be made up from citizens that reside in both the northern and southern states of America.
2) Southern industry will will be rebuilt equally.
The southern states will become more mechanised to deal with the end of slavery.
3) Any form of discrimination will result in a jail sentence ranging from 3 months to a year.
4) The former army of the CSA will be reintegrated with the regular army. The former CSA army will be placed with larger Yankee army's. This will however eventually end in a few years. Any form of descrimnation in the army will result in a court Marshall.
5) All American citizens are equals
6) Any American citizen that is physically able may join the army.

Thomas Howard
Senator of New England
Defender of Equality and the freedom of choice

Last edited:
Oh, so yet more proof that you are naught but a dictator, who would so take his people's right to vote for their leader away. Yes, your dictatorial rule is surely far superior to the autocratic and anti-liberal method of allowing our people to choose who they wish to represent them.

(( They couldn't have an election in the middle of war.))

Does the Sixth Commandment not say thought shalt not murder? Yet that is what happened with Williams's total war. The innocent were killed. Don't hide behind rhetoric, Colonel Vandrove. Just admit the truth. The army of the union slaughtered and starved Americans. Those who gave the order are no more American than the secessionists in the south.

Is this the complete/current spread of party candidates?
Libertarians
-Vangrove
-Callahan

NDemocrats
-Howard
-Jamous

Republicans
-Williams
-Bachmann

Undecided?
-Vallejo
Walsh is also running for the New Democratic ticket. There might be another Libertarian as well (or I might just have mixed up two posts from the same guy).

Komisha's count is right by my papers. I'll start writing up a primary update now. :)

I haven't seen an official announcement by Walsh, so I'm a bit confused about his stance.

Last edited: