• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There's a very nice selection here, I'm going to have to see some more campaigning before I choose who to vote for.

I agree with President Williams. Who are you, Walsh, to criticize a man who led our nation through one of its greatest crises with astounding results, when you yourself failed miserably in every category? Your blatant ignorance of slavery and attempts at censorship led to riots in the South and almost led to revolt in the North, your economic mis-management angered Southerners even further, and your diplomacy was idiotic; you had little to do with Vallejo's success in Mexico, and your meddling in British affairs resulted in status quo, meaning more power for the monarchy we revolted against. Had you been any worse of a president, this present conflict could likely have started much earlier, been much larger of a conflict (likely involving revolts throughout the North as well), and likely would've resulted in considerably more destruction.

You, sir, have absolutely no right to criticize President Williams considering how horrid your term as president was. I have little doubt that the rebels could have occupied Washington in little time if you were president during this conflict.

Last edited:
All need to remember that the victims of this war were the over 200,000 Union men who gave their lives to preserve the Union. They did not choose to take up arms against the US, unlike Davis and his followers. If anyone is responsible for the destruction it is Davis and the rebel leaders. Many of whom are still resisting the Union and instead of facing up to their actions are fleeing like the cowards they are.

President Williams

I stand before you today requesting you valuable vote. Why should I vote for him? You ask. Well I will tell you why. I am the only candidate today that is able to lead America out of the dust, rubble and blood of war and bring America into a new glorious golden era of industrialisation, rearmament and enlightenment. I promise to make America strong again. Under my leadership we will truely become a world power, a force to be reckoned with. Our economy will emerge out of the ashs and blossom into an industrial powerhouse. We will be the workshop of the world and create jobs for thousands.

Our military will swell in numbers, making us the greatest military force on the face of the earth. I will ensure we have w navy that will even rival the UKs.

The south shall be rebuilt. We will show the people of the south that they are our equals. It is only through this investment that they will grow to trust us again.

Only under my leadership and guidance can these things and much more happen. That is why you should use you valuable vote on me. Vote Thomas Howard! Thank you for you time and God save us all!

All need to remember that the victims of this war were the over 200,000 Union men who gave their lives to preserve the Union. They did not choose to take up arms against the US, unlike Davis and his followers. If anyone is responsible for the destruction it is Davis and the rebel leaders. Many of whom are still resisting the Union and instead of facing up to their actions are fleeing like the cowards they are.

President Williams

We must remeber the dead if all sides. Both sides have been victims of this war and all must be remembered. This will always be remembered in history. The dead of war must always be remembered.

I thank you all who have given me your vote to run for president ((even if you are no longer part of this Union)). And to echo the words of Mr Vallejo, we must all, Northerner and Southerner alike, stand together united to ensure equality for us all and to prove to the rest of the world, that we are the land of the free and that once you are here, you will always be one of us. We have a tough road ahead of us to heal the scares that this war has inflicted on us, but if we stand united together, we will heal and grow strong once more. I will work toge ther with our industrialists to ensure that the South is reconstructed to it's former glory and beyond, and to ensure that it is not crippled from loss of its slave labor.

Military rule for Southern states until new constitution drafted by Republican northerns and southerners.

So, not only would you continue to oppress the South like a conquering Caesar, but you would rewrite the Constitution, the very thing we just fought a war to preserve, and only allow the members of your "Republican" party to vote on it and choose what is put into it?! This is tyranny on its basest leve!! Fellow Americans, do not listen to this mad man!! Vote for Senator Michael Jamous for the New Democrat nomination and for the presidential election!! Together, we can bring about true unity in our shattered Union and heal the wounds inflicted by this long war. Only be working together, North and South, can we prosper once more and cease all talk of radicalism and succession, not by punishing one branch of our great nation, not by saying all men are equal while denying the rights of our brothers and sisters.
Vote Jamous and vote unity!!

This message is fully endorsed by Senator Michael Jamous, a vote for Jamous is a vote for equality.

The Southern old guard chose to secede. I agree to their demands, let them be removed from our politics, but let the people of the South get a taste of the Republican ideals of the North and not the bassist feudalism and classicism of the South. The Civil War was a product of letting nationwide differences lay fallow and grow. We must abolish the idea of two separate nations, no South and North, but one union. Lastly, Republican governments will make sure the changes necessary to make the South as "civil" as the north, i.e. protection for the full integration of the African American race into regular citizen life and politics, proceed at an acceptable pace. I doubt the ability of a pro-South Democratic party and its ability to work under our national constitution. I believe I am more against tyranny than you may be Michael Jamous.

I doubt the ability of a pro-South Democratic party and its ability to work under our national constitution. I believe I am more against tyranny than you may be Michael Jamous.

How exactly do you see us as not able to work with the current Constitution? We have not called for the creation of a new one, you have. If anyone can not hope to work under the current Constitution, it is you sir. And yes, my policies of putting the rebel "government" on trial for crimes during the war is definately not working to stop tyranny within the nation. I too have put forth a plan to reintegrate the now freed slaves into society, a plan that would see other them to stay at their current homs and work for the plantation owners for food, room, and pay, or to move to the cities and work in the ever expanding factories.

I would say that the times call for a re-draft of state constitutions across the board to insure the outlaw of slavery,and the provisions for full citizenship for the African Americans. I feel it is perfectly fair to force the seceding states to make a constitution behooving this nations Republican ideals. A democratic leader in the white house might compel old south guard to clamor for state positions and battle new emancipation laws and the such. A Republican leader is needed in such times until freedom can be assured for all.

(Your guy supports re-drafting state constitutions for approval by congress, just checking?)

It is my belief that the Constitution of each state and the nation at large should not be re-written to the liking of some Republican congressmen. Instead amendments should be made to the pre-existing ones, and a full re-writting only deicded upon by vote in each state by the general populace. Anything not currently agreeing with the current national lwas, (i.e. abolition of slavery) should be ammended and change to enforce the national abolition. And I very much doubt the old guard would be willing to work with those who have defied them, stood against them, and have now taken their former jobs in the Union, myself amongst those who have done this.

((what's the primary score? 2-1 to Jamous?))

I've deleted about 30 posts from this thread, some were personal attacks, some were spam and some had personal elements mixed in with AAR related comments. For the moment, I've locked the thread ... hopefully when it reopens, further comments will be on topic and not about other posters

Last edited:
Guys. This is serious. :mad:

There have been some cases of personal insults, trolling and even some spam from you guys on the thread.
I have been told that in the future, posting such material can and will result in a ban from this AAR, and may even get you banned from Interactive AARs altogether.

We all like to participate, but that does not entail any kind of right to prove GIFT.

Now let’s get back to this primary, play fair and have a good time. :)

Now that it's back open, I cast my vote for President Williams to continue his good work.

((what's the primary score? 2-1 to Jamous?))

((Im still a little unclear if projekt can vote for this yet, but if he can then its 3-1 Jamous.

And I would like to apologize for all of us, well because I think Im the only one on right now :eek:o, for the way things have been going on and that I am glad this hasnt been banned.
Edit - Now I see people are back on, my bad :D

Now back to the AAR :D))

I, Michael Jamous, present my plans for the conviction of captured rebel military personel and "government" officials:

1. Any and all rebel military personal ranked Sergeant and lower are to be immediately released to their homes unless given an oath to the Union government and thus reinstated into the Armed Forces. Unless these personal are to stand trial for crimes during the war. If so, they are to follow # 2 and 3, depending on whether they were elisted before the war or during the war.

2. Rebel military personel ranked Lieutenant and up that had deserted the Union army for the rebel army are be given a court martial for desertion of their posts and treason against the United States, as well as any crimes that they may have commited during the war, the sentencing given to follow standard military procedures.

3. Rebel military personel ranked Lieutenant and up that joined the rebel military after the beginning of hostilities, are to be tried by a civilian court for acts of treason against the United States, as well as any crimes they may have commited during the war, the sentence to be decided by the Supreme Court upon a guilty verdict by the jurey.

4. Members of the rebel "government" are to stand trial by a civilian court for acts of treason against the United States, as well as any crimes during the war they may have brought about or given authority to, the sentence to be decided by the Supreme Court upon a guilty sentence by the jurey.

I present this plan to you, the voters, in hopes that if you aprove, you will vote for me, Michael Jamous.