• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Parliamentary Seat's Graphic
Seats_by_Year_edit2.PNG

Bills And Propositions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Removal of The Venatores Act
Proposed By The H.P.F.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently the colonist on Frater have run into issues with some of the planets wildlife.

We the colonist have named some of the species here Venatores or Hunters. The name suits them well for they seem to be the top predators on the planet. Some of our colonist have been attacked and sadly killed by these creatures while out scouting Frater. These creatures have become a danger to the colony of Frater. We have located two areas of the planet that these Venatores use to breed.

There are two possibilities that we could explore dealing with these hunters:

*Send science teams to figure out a way to domesticate these creatures in order to possibly use their predatory senses in our military or possibly use their strength for labor projects

*Send scientist to figure out the most effective way to combat these creatures

[Research technology to remove the tiles and then do so (the bill is mostly rp of how we remove the tiles in game]
Parliamentary Discussions:
The Bill was supported by the H.P.F., U.P.F., P.P.N.P., U.M.F., S.P.C. and was opposed by the U.S.C.S.

Results:
VOTE PASSED
Yes: 332
No: 28
Abstained: 140

Dangerous Fauna and Flora Removing Act of 2220
Proposed By Aditya Shastri Of The H.P.F.

In order to protect our colonists, machines, buildings and other state and private property on colonized planets I propose

1. Develop technologies, equipment, and legal framework for removing or, if possible, for domestication of dangerous flora and fauna.

2. Allow our colonists, private military companies and armed forces to hunt alien fauna, including the pre-sapient fauna

[Take Mastery of Nature as first Ascension Perk, set pre-sapient status as Hunted]

The bill was supported by the U.M.F., P.P.N.P., P.P.I., U.P.I.P. and parts of the H.P.F. while the U.S.C.S., U.P.F., S.P.C. opposed

Results:
VOTE FAILED
Yes: 105
No: 366
Abstained: 29

ADDENDUM TO Industrial Automation and Robotics Research Funding Act
Proposed By Jerry Ferguson Of The U.P.F.

1. Build a minimum of 2 robot pops per planet

2. when the time comes for an ascension path, pass a 2/3 vote to take the "Flesh is Weak" otherwise dont take it and let all paths be debated at the same time
The Bill was opposed or abstained by all parties within Parliament due to a lack of detail

Results:
VOTE FAILED
Yes: 0
No: 264
Abstained: 236

AMENDMENT to Primitive Species Observation Acts
Proposed By Aditya Shastri Of The H.P.F.

In order to accelerate scientific progress and boost Republican Science, I propose an amendment to Primitive Species Observation

Act 1. Abandon Passive Studies and start an Aggressive Observation on all existing and future Republican stations instead.

The Bill was voted against by the U.P.F, U.S.C.S, S.P.C, U.M.F.

Dr. Gra of the U.S.C.S. stated the following on the matter

Whosoever could come up with such inhumane, terrible actions against these creatures who have done us no harm are naught but a monster. I am embarrassed serving on the same senate as them, breathe the same air, and even acknowledge their existence.

It’s not about “letting natural evolution take its course,” its about not thinking that these people, who think like you and I, are worthless like ants. They suffer, they laugh, they fear, and they love. How can technology serve its purpose of furthering the happiness of its people if it destroys just as many people getting there?

Those who want to see these people dead merely to save a few months of study as a passive endeavor are monsters. There’s no better way to put it. Well, maybe they haven’t met the primitives, maybe they haven’t seen them. I’ve seen them. I’ve seen kids cry over their parents falling ill and dying from diseases we can easily prevent. I’ve seen wars fought over things that don’t matter, people dying for the ambition of a king sitting on his throne. How can we say that these are not people? How can we claim that they are so worthless existences that we should kidnap and dissect them on a massive scale? We can’t. Those who try to claim that are either sociopathic bastards or just don’t realize how intelligent the primitives are.

Results:
VOTE FAILED
No: 253
Abstained: 247

Bill of Technological Focus
Proposed By The U.S.C.S. and U.P.F.

We are approaching a crucial time in Patria’s history. We have worked hard to consolidate our peoples and strive for expansion. Now, before us, lies a crossroad. How shall our society progress?

We have several choices lying before us, several paths for the future of our Nation and its peoples. Each choice that we make will have a huge impact on our society.

We propose that we use this chance to further our technological outlook in society. A new age of technology has begun, and we must, with our people, grasp the technology at our fingertips. By installing new universities, laboratories, and teaching methods in both life and schools, we can prioritize the pursuit of knowledge to a level we have never seen before. Therefore, we propose the creation of these institutions and regulations to be able to further obtain the technological ascendancy within our reach.

(Take technological ascendancy as our first ascension perk)

The Bill was supported by the U.P.F., U.S.C.S. H.P.F., U.M.F.

Results:
VOTE PASSED
Yes: 253
No: 0
Abstained: 247

Adoption of the Doctrine of Discovery
Proposed By The U.S.C.S. and U.P.F.
Further in the future, we have the power to change the way society moves.

We want to subsidize technological efforts, train new scientists, and build and design new equipment to further discover the natural world and galaxy.

And so, we will set the goal of our subsidiary governments and organizations to pursue technology as their goal, and move towards adopting that.

(Adopt Discovery traditions next)

The Bill was supported by the U.P.F., U.S.C.S. U.M.F., S.P.C. P.P.I. and H.P.F.

Results:
VOTE PASSED
Yes: 360
Abstained: 140

The Ring of Fire
Proposed By The P.P.N.P.

As the genocidal policies were quickly dismissed, i propose that a ring of defense platforms be constructed around Patria called the "Ring of Fire", which acts as a counter for any attacks from xenos that mske it to our homeworld.

This is due to the finding of multiple sentient species and the increased likelyhood of an advanced species. This will also make our people feel safer with a large defensive ring that can defend Patria from the biggest of threats.

The Bill was opposed by all parties due to its vagueness in the end the U.M.F., S.P.C., U.P.F, H.P.F., U.S.C.S. and P.P.I. all opposed the bill with U.P.I.P., P.P.N.P. abstaining

Results:
VOTE FAILED
No: 362
Abstained: 138

Patria Economic Revitalization Act
Proposed By Von Nerich Of The U.P.F.

With the recent support for the Patrian and Frater Economic Prosperity Act it shows the there is interest for developing the economy. With the expansion of our nation to a new world, we will need more resources to further develop Patria with a new redirection of resources to Frater. This act will be done in gradual phases over the course of 10 years as to not strain the current economy. It will be executed as following:

Phase I) Clear the abandoned sectors which were deemed suitable for engineering research and development. Construct a physics laboratory near the newly constructed engineering facility.

Phase II) Construct a new power generator in the far reaches of Patria. Develop said power generator after it is constructed. Phase III) Give additional funding to scientific facilities on Patria to allow for updated and upgraded means of researching.

The Bill was supported by the H.P.F., S.P.C., U.P.F with the U.S.C.S., P.P.I., U.M.F., P.P.N.P. abstaining

Results:
VOTE PASSED
Yes: 279
Abstained: 221

Military Technological Advancements Bill
Proposed By The U.P.F.

While the Patrian Navy is an effective defense force our ships are utilizing weaponry that is over three decades old and is in need of immediate modernization to ensure our fleet is capable of properly defending our borders from piracy as well as possible extraterrestrial threats. As this bill is being written our Engineering Department is researching several prototype improved forms of armor plating that will hopefully prevent our ships from receiving the devastating damage that they gained during the Battle of Tyl and while this will greatly improve our ships protective capabilities we must also look at improvement our Deflector Shields and of course looking into arming our ships with new and advanced from of weaponry.

As such the bills calls for.

* Prioritization of new forms of weaponry for our warships primarily in terms of replacing our outdated Mass Drivers and Fission Missiles.

* Prioritization of improved forms of deflector shields

* Research into a possible larger warship to add as the Flagship of the P.R.N.

The Bill was supported by the H.P.F., A Portion of the S.P.C., H.P.F., P.P.I. and U.P.F and was opposed by the U.S.C.S

Dr. Gra stated the following

Why do we research science? I can only speak for myself, I suppose, but I do not research science so my thousands of hours of effort can be mounted on a ship and sent into space to shoot things. I do understand the need for self-defense, but it should be treated as only a necessity, rather than something to strive for. Currently our fleet can easily handle any possible pirates, and there aren't any alien groups which can pose us harm that we know of. We need to focus on development and improving the lives of our citizens. We need to research new laboratories, robotics, equipment, and other important buildings. Focusing on this now is nothing but a waste of time and resources.

Results:
VOTE PASSED
Yes: 279
No: 28
Abstained: 193

Last edited:
I'm wondering, most of the results when a vote has passed, passes either with a complete yes-vote and no no-votes and maybe some abstained votes or vice versa - it's never a mixed bag of both yes/no/abstained votes. Does that mean there's a lot of like-minded across all parties or that the bills passed are just no-brainers regardless of ideology? I think it's quite notable if you look at it.

Here is my theory why this happens. Not all the bills are straightforward how people will vote, but by the time people do vote, a general consensus has been made. Take the Military Advancement Bill, there is an obvious majority for the bill. The USCS voting against acts more of a symbolic condemnation of the bill rather than a practical one. Most people in parliament, would rather either abstain or vote along with a bill to get the one who proposed it to be more on their side if there is no practical benefit of voting against it. Also, I believe votes are considered abstaining until they vote, and the vote is called when either 250 vote for or against. This means that the people who "abstained" just haven't voted yet, and we don't know what they think. Also, Griffin and the UPF wield massive amounts of influence. I have been looking through these bills, and I am not sure I have found one that passed when the UPF abstained or voted against. People probably just rally around whatever Griffin says and rationalize why their character/party believes that. IDK, just a theory.

...König is a complete joke. I have no idea what he and his party think they're trying to accomplish.
There's no need to get so harsh. And they're objectives seem pretty clear to me: human survival at any cost combined with a truly deep fear of aliens. It just seems a little ridiculous at the moment because all the aliens that the Republic has found so far which his party is intent on exterminating are clearly too weak to pose a threat.

Also, I believe votes are considered abstaining until they vote, and the vote is called when either 250 vote for or against. This means that the people who "abstained" just haven't voted yet, and we don't know what they think.
That's a little strange. I can definitely understand why from a practical standpoint (they don't know people will be available on the stream--I guess people have lives or something), but it's unfortunate that we don't get to see how all the parties would vote.
Can we get confirmation of this as the procedure?

Also, Griffin and the UPF wield massive amounts of influence. I have been looking through these bills, and I am not sure I have found one that passed when the UPF abstained or voted against.
That actually supports the UPF taking credit in their advertising for much of the Republic's accomplishments. Interesting.

I'm wondering, most of the results when a vote has passed, passes either with a complete yes-vote and no no-votes and maybe some abstained votes or vice versa - it's never a mixed bag of both yes/no/abstained votes. Does that mean there's a lot of like-minded across all parties or that the bills passed are just no-brainers regardless of ideology? I think it's quite notable if you look at it.

Pretty much I announce the we will be voting on a matter and once either No or Yes get to 251 then a new vote begins however parties can of course still vote on bills that were passed/failed. It it not an optimal system but it is time saving and ensures we can get alot done in a reasonable time.

Here is my theory why this happens. Not all the bills are straightforward how people will vote, but by the time people do vote, a general consensus has been made. Take the Military Advancement Bill, there is an obvious majority for the bill. The USCS voting against acts more of a symbolic condemnation of the bill rather than a practical one. Most people in parliament, would rather either abstain or vote along with a bill to get the one who proposed it to be more on their side if there is no practical benefit of voting against it. Also, I believe votes are considered abstaining until they vote, and the vote is called when either 250 vote for or against. This means that the people who "abstained" just haven't voted yet, and we don't know what they think. Also, Griffin and the UPF wield massive amounts of influence. I have been looking through these bills, and I am not sure I have found one that passed when the UPF abstained or voted against. People probably just rally around whatever Griffin says and rationalize why their character/party believes that. IDK, just a theory.
From my knowledge every passed bill or failed bill has been voted on by the U.P.F. which is not very surprising considering they have controlled roughly thirty five percent of Parliament making it extremely difficult to pass bills without their support. This is amplified by the fact that the remaining parties do not always see eye to eye while in most cases the U.P.F. is centrist on most matters.

Yes, Griffin must be dethroned to save the Republic 10/10 do agree
10/10 must agree

There's no need to get so harsh. And they're objectives seem pretty clear to me: human survival at any cost combined with a truly deep fear of aliens. It just seems a little ridiculous at the moment because all the aliens that the Republic has found so far which his party is intent on exterminating are clearly too weak to pose a threat.

That's a little strange. I can definitely understand why from a practical standpoint (they don't know people will be available on the stream--I guess people have lives or something), but it's unfortunate that we don't get to see how all the parties would vote.
Can we get confirmation of this as the procedure?

That actually supports the UPF taking credit in their advertising for much of the Republic's accomplishments. Interesting.

Agreed I believe if our first Alien race we discover is hostile the P.P.N.P. will rise drastically.

I can confirm this is the procedure it is not perfect but it is what we have :)
However as stated above players can always vote after a vote has failed/passed to express their views towards said bill.

The man is an advocate of unprovoked genocide. I think a little harshness is fair.

Detailed analysis of elections results? In-depth breakdowns of parliamentary divisions and factionalism? Full-text of proposed legislations and the ability to watch political culture change and develop in almost-real time?

Yup. This AAR is heaven for Political Science students like me. :) I'm glad I found out about it while it's still running. Definitely going to follow this more closely going forward! (whilst ferociously taking notes)

Chancellor Griffin on Political Families
ee7c807a58b1ba79244bbe83e9b89ad1.png

In recent months there have been several politicians within Parliament the most prominent being Dr. Gra making claims of "Artificial Aristocracy" within the Republic's Parliament.

Now it is true that there are several prominent members within Parliament that hail from "Political Families" such as myself, my dear Father was acting Governor of Perinia for four decades and under his tenure Perinia prospered.

When I was a young boy I promised myself that I would continue my father's work towards bringing prosperity towards Patria and my father taught me all that he could to give me the knowledge needed to continue his work.

Did I have opportunities not every citizen had?

Yes.

I was lucky enough to be accepted into the prestigious Republican Military Academy. however I worked day and night to achieve this scholarship and I worked day and night in my studies to become the fourth in my class at the Academy.

I fought tooth and nail in the Lianas Rebellion of 2192 along side by friends, I did not stay back and watch. I fought alongside the thousands of soldiers who fought to protect democracy.

In the year 2194 my father stepped down as Governor of Perinia due to health problems and I ran to replace him and was overwhelmingly elected into office. Was this because of my father's previous tenure?

Yes.

Because I promised to follow in the footsteps of my father and lead Perinia like he had done for so many years. I did not win through aristocratic ideals nor corruption. I won because the people of Perinia believed I was the best man for the job.

When I was elected Chancellor I won the vote because people knew I would bring mankind into the stars and support expansion and economic growth which through cooperation with other parties our Republic has achieved with our economic nearly quadrupling in size and economic prosperity reaching every corner of our Republic.

Last election I was voted for another term in my opinion because people believe I am the most capable person to lead our Republic and if For one second I think I am not then I will not run because the only thing I truly care about is this Republic.

It is the same for all my associates who come from political families. Dr. Jameston's father was a very influential man yet he did not get everything on a silver platter he worked day and night to get where he is now.

And I will be the first to say that every citizen should have the opportunities that I had when I was younger which is why I outright supported the Right to Education and Scientific Investment Bill Which was co-authored by myself and Senator Delgado so that every citizen will have the opportunities that I had when I was a child and young man.

Because Parliamentary seats should never be won by connections no they should be won by merit and capabilities.

As you all know my wife and I are planning to have a child and I hope he will walk in my footsteps as a politician however only if he is capable and is willing to serve our Republic and protect its ideals. Not because he is a Griffin but because he is the best man or women for the job.

And if a man who was born into nothing yet works and studies and is the better man for the job then I hope you will vote for that man.

I would like to thank you all for your time and thank Mr. Gra for his concerns however one thing to keep in mind is no man or women is just given a seat in Parliament. No. It is only through the Democratic process that they can secure these positions and this process will continue.

The Year 2220
e9e2f317a5175fdd3a537472689c1977.png

With the massive drove of bills pushed through Parliament in the weeks following the Elections of 2220 things have once again began to settle down within the Patria. However in the stars there was never a moment of down time as the Republic's Fleets began near constant maneuvers within the Republic's Northern and Southern Borders to ensure the Republic was secure from possible piracy, to protect the ever growing intergalactic merchant fleet that transported millions of tons of rare resources monthly.

The Tyl Trading Post

fa8299e0f40f3c0980ebed304678bcf3.png

On January 4th, 2220 the Tyl Trading Post was officially opened to merchantd and with it a surplus of goods began constantly arriving to support the growing colony of Tyl. With the addition of the Offworld Trading Company section of the Starbase allowing Trade Guilds to effectively coordinate commerce. Within months massive Trading Guilds quickly formed across the Tyl System turning the system into an economic super house only overshadowed by the great system of Patrium.

By February 1st, 2220 reports began to come in that Energy Production within the Republic had increased from +3 to +7 greatly increasing the economic prospects of the Republic as well as ensuring the continued prosperity of Tyl largely in thanks to General Starbase Development Project Proposed by the U.P.F. and S.P.C..

Patrian & Frater Economic Prosperity Act Goes Into Effect
f6320019f80482cbaa8c9e6aefc6e028.png

With the Patrian & Frater Economic Prosperity Act being passed plans were almost immediately drawn up for the upgrading countless Patrian Power Plants and Mining Stations as well as the construction of a new Farming Facility within Frater to increase the Republic's capabilities to become self-sufficient.

The Discovery Of A Flight Recorder

avGi_9nAwSq-nbsmesN9ZKfkxBywNip48-xfKw-amvpKz-RdSsqM8vMi7toQQTPRJ4RW2JAOpQPWV1GUf544QKJOQLatpzU-Fd0EVSPK2V3TTtCSEMv-tVEjgkKzh8raf4C_fLUX

The Discovery of a Flight Recorder specifically detailing an alien Cruiser as well as armed terrorism or Freedom Fighters leading to the destruction of said ship is startling to say the least and the Recorder's Contents will without a doubt be studied for the years to come.

Mining Station

f9d0832f1681f3b1e76db960d8f13c30.png

Dr. Betucius made a startling discovery while surveying the Hhabban System. A massive mining station that was roughly twenty to thirty thousand years old and was infested with what appeared to be small mining bots that were continuously mining the small planet.

Thankfully the storage area appears to have not been emptied for what seems to be thousands of years allowing us to gain a massive amount of minerals out of the expedition.

L-Gate Insight

0c8888eaa26ddc150fdc50b2d97f3bd4.png

Shortly after Mamerca Betucius startling discovery about the mining nanobots she discovered what appeared to be a correlation between the Mining Station and the strange L-Gates as it would appear that the region surrounding the L-Gate was covered in deactivated or destroyed nanobots of the same design.

More Primitives Discovered
0a61d3f387bf7053e32be482a4247b8f.jpg

The discovery of the Lahtrepian's within the Planet known as Ferdera was a shock to many as so many primitive species had already been discovered however it was a welcome discovery to say the least as scientists across the Republic quickly began gaining as much knowledge from the strange species as possible. From what could be gained from the Science Ships surveying the Lahtrepian's are currently in an Iron Age and believe in hundreds of separate deities.

Mastering Expansion
a6bc50045efc1a3cd10a0d7a693e2052.png

With the mastering of Courier Networks the Patrian Republic had learn practically all they needed to establish an extremely capable interstellar Republic. Thanks to this not only were Colonies expected to be established p quicker but also the Republic would be capable of expanding into new worlds within any logistical issues to an extent of course.

A Technological Approach
3b5d0a008099a12da0fade08ea1f595a.png

Thanks to the Technological Focus Bill proposed by the U.S.C.S. and U.P.F the Republic was ready to invest drastic resources into its Research Department with the hopes of bringing great Technological gains in both the short term and long term.

The Yuht Cruiser

4e047ab1f2a9041e8ad825c575330920.png

Dr. Gra made a startling discovery of a Yuht Cruiser that appeared to have lacked FTL devices meaning that it was forced to travel at Sublight Speeds.

Had the Yuht never achieve Faster-Than-Light capabilities?

a6e8e011539f4514bf1f5154525e0598.png

It did not take long for Dr. Gra long to discover the true story behind the warship as two cyro facilities were discovered shortly after examining the ship confirming beliefs that the ship lacked any FTL Capabilities and giving the Republic further research into the Yuht and their strange and mysterious civilization.

Dr. Jameston's Societal Breakthrough

f6d46dcbcffb96ec2a2c6d79ed5358d1.png

Thanks to Dr. Jameston's risky research on himself, he has managed to perfect the human genome and has created several serums that can remove dangerous genomes. He is preparing designs for a Planetary Capital within Tyl I to help with administration of the newly founded colony.

The P.R.S.S. Raxum Begins Construction
010e68fd9868c6f23849ba63a58b1742.png

Although well over a year late the P.R.S.S. Raxum finally began construction in the year 2222 and was set to launch a mere year later to colonize the planet of Raxum for Mankind.

Chancellor Griffin Gains A New Skill

4daf9df597fca48e3404aebe5c8dedfd.png

With over twenty years as acting Chancellor behind his belt Zane Griffin has gained the Eye For Talent Trait greatly increasing the Republic's Leadership learning capabilities.

Dr. Turing's New Goal

2b66865003162b9b6b5055778b9cc8ef.png

With Doctor Turing completing her schematics for a large scale Physic's Lab she announced the she was close to reaching a breakthrough on Fusion Power which would dramatically change the energy industry within the Republic.

The P.R.S.S. Raxum Successfully Lands On Raxum II

maxresdefault.jpg

In the year 2222 the P.R.S.S. Raxum made planet fall on the newly colonized planet of Raxum II which is now known as Raxum Prime within a period of thirty days a bustling community was already forming and with it a second Celestial Body had officially been colonized by mankind.

Raxum Station To Become A Starport

5984fa1a306a5382a86ec61805d80202.png

With the colonization of Raxum II well underway the space station of Raxum was already under construction to become a fully functional trading facility to help the small fledgling colony prosper.

The Infinity Equation?

38763a18bea727b652ac5e4a4268b84a.png

58152643bcc71bf1315106e9d07bff78.jpg

Upon entering the Gargantua System the I.S.S. Anaximander discovered a strange massive metallic object orbiting the systems black hole. Attempts to contact the unknown figure have failed as it slowly orbits the black hole however just as quickly another ship appeared to have entered the system sharing a very similar ship design.

705c9161da82d8d690aec538ca1aa84c.png

The unknown ship began approaching the I.S.S. Anaximander until the two could see each other closely.
45fb998cd2fcb72a9ce669d3dc6b5b51.png

The unknown vessel began scanning the I.S.S. Anaximander and quickly returned from which it came.

c9f3b6622e5608daf69dbe45564037ad.jpg

With the Discovery of the unknown machine now known widely across the Republic as the Infinity Machine as well as the discovery of another extraterrestrial race the system was quickly occupied into the borders of the Republic.
f218e5a23c6b71f5c12e753b706b5ff6.png

It was not long before the "Infinity Machine" began transmitting a strange sequence of radio waves towards the Black Hole it orbits this has given us an unique opportunity to attempt to attempt to establish communications with the machine.

Further Insights

0726a3d1071724137febc9cae248dc7c.png

With the I.S.S. Pomponius recent research of the L-Gate System it would appear that they have made a massive insight on the strange megastructures.

Strange Beasts Discovered
d5542d52d640fa74feb4a03bf4242c33.png

The strange beasts entered the Haramuth System as the P.R.S.S. Exploration was surveying it. The beast simply moved across the solar system peacefully at more than one occasion coming close to the P.R.S.S. Explorer however it showed no interest in the crew and continued to propel itself into the system.

Coilgun Research Begins
c35a2ff4daffd41b74119f9991ce8502.png

Jerry Ferguson has announced major breakthroughs in Military Armor Plating that will ensure the protection of U.P.F. warships as well as stating that he is only mere years away from revealing designs for an advanced piece of weaponry that will hopefully replace the outdated Mass Drivers the Republican Navy had been using for decades.

INCOMING COMMUNICATIONS!

ff8e2505750f6671c6734d0578cc6b98.png

This is the Patrian Republic Space Station Yrgel, The date is March 2nd, 2223 and we are receiving strange transmissions to the south of the Gargantua System!

"This is Captain Miller of the Patrian Republic Space Station Gargantua. Early today we began receiving broadcasts coming from the beyond our borders from a species that has apparently learned our language!

They confirmed that the unknown ship discovered earlier this year in Gargantua was under their command and that they are interested in opening up communications with our species. During the transmissions they sent a plethora of information about their species ranging from their history to their anatomy.

From what we have discovered thus far they are a coalition of states very similar to our own. They appear to occupy the System South West of Gargantua. From what we can tell they discovered Faster-Than-Light Capabilities around the same time we did.

Furthermore they have sent us a short summary of their species which I have attached down below.

ff61bcaad8590cb34d61f4a7e2d9ebc6.png

The species itself appears to be extremely similar to our own and believes in Technological Progress above all else! They also appear to be strong believers in Democratic Ideals! I am transferring all forms of communications over to Parliament immediately.

Almost immediately basic communications began to open up and the Akkano revealed that we were the first civilization they have ever discovered and that they were more than interested in learning more about our species.

The Akkano Republic's Borders Compared To The Patrian Republic's

5e1758f8af6a9515620d01c6769da375.png

As you can see the Akkano Republic is much smaller than our own and possess tremendously less economic power and military power however they appear to be comparable to us in Scientific Progress.
ac64d2a9db868b21b492e89c07ec85d2.png

A Talented Scientist

397522daad9230fecc78cb77fe2b4fb2.png

Within the newly established Scientific Academy of Frater a Professor called Statius Caelius was brought to near instant fame after several of his papers solved decade old questions. He has offered to either serve as a scientist for the Federal Government or as an Administrator to improve efficiency. Due to the large amount of Scientists within the Republic he was given the role of Administrator.

Living Metal?

c15769d7bf39420922fb11aa026f5ec0.png

Claire Wright of the U.S.C.S has made the startling discovery of living metal within the biosphere in the sea's of Dirban V. Although this so called Living Metal is simply to technologically complex for our scientists to understand perhaps one day we can unlock its secrets.

Fusion Energy

2c93bf9d2c09065d789c020404366e79.png

Dr. Turing has reported that she has unlocked the secrets of Fusion Power and has announced that by the end of the year all ships within the Republic will be able to replace their old and outdated fission reactors with fusion powered reactors.

She has also announced that thanks to the discovery of Fusion Technology she has begun researching Improved Reactor Booster's to improve sublight travel time.

A Peaceful Offering?

8d303b944414fe1742d9198eff839144.png

A mere six months after communications had been established a massive convoy of Akkano Trade Ships arrived within the Republic's Space. The Akkano Ambassador stated that they were delivering a peace offering of almost five hundred energy and one hundred and ten minerals.

Although met with some suspicion the offering was quickly accepted and the Republic allowed the Trade Fleet to drop off the goods at the Yrgel Space Station.

The Akkano Pass On Startling News
On October, 3rd 2224 the Akkano relayed to us that they had discovered another space faring empire who themselves had just gained access to the Hyperlanes Systems in the year 2200. After some discussion the Akanno agreed to establish communications with the newly discovered space faring race.

b93a5333ccd480732eed6f2dce750c3b.png

The race now known to us as the Cevanti Nation are to the West of the Akanno Republic and have expanded their borders rather impressively.
d403d1d0882f624e2461a50607acab3e.png

After initial communications we quickly discovered that the Cevanti Nation Government is extremely similar to our own with the Cevanti's Government being that of an Direct Democracy. The Cevanti people put great pride in Scientific Achievements and have been extremely friendly in transmissions since they opened.

The Raxum Trade Post
b8eb75f08344b4bfc8f021a14fe7729f.png

Even though Raxum Prime has not yet become self-sufficient already the Raxum Space Port has become a booming interstellar Trade Hub bringing in massive riches to the Republic.

Borders As Of 2220
a40dae17f8c3e5952e3027bcb235b5e4.jpg

With contact established with two space faring nations the Republic of Patria is feeling leading in terms of size with a total of 31 solar systems under direct control.

Meanwhile the Akkana Republic controls a total of eight Solar Systems and the Cevanti Nation controlling 13 Solar Systems.

Republic Of Patria's Economy In 2220
9dfaf851730a3b8b2c951e03f6b275ef.png

Planets Under Patrian Control In 2220

c051dc494020cef99634b5062518cbfd.jpg

With a total of three planets now under the control of the Patrian Republic mankind is looking ever more prosperous and powerful.

Republican Navy In 2220
YCb569h.png

Republican Census of 2225
The Republican Census of 2225 has just released the results of the Census detailing the following.

Total Population Of Mankind: 17,302,000,000
Population of Patria: 13,500,000,000
Population Of Frater: 3,500,000,000
Population of Raxum: 150,000,000

Population Within Asteroid Colonies, Space Stations: 152,000,000

Last edited:
Lots of new events! :D

Also apologies for the double post the forum restricts you to 35 pictures per post so I had to split it up.

Also just a little heads up this weekend is going to be busy with a Political Post planned for Saturday evening and another Gameplay Post Saturday Night followed by Elections on Sunday!​

Last edited:
Both new species are humanoids with highly compatible ideals of democracy and materialism, and weaker fleets. So much for new contacts providing fuel for xenophobia.

Also, it's kind of weird that three species achieved hyperspace travel at the same time, but it's probably nothing worth thinking about.

I imagine the xenophobes and military advancement people are likely going to lose some support now, with other factions seeing a general increase. Also, interesting to see that the UPF has seen a slow decline in votes while all the other parties have bounced around a bit, with most of them seeing an increase. The UPF holds a lot of power, but it is slowly falling in popularity it would seem. Then again, the new developments will likely cause an increase in votes for the UPF, so who knows.

Both new species are humanoids with highly compatible ideals of democracy and materialism, and weaker fleets.

Or so they claim. It all seems a little too perfect. Undoubtedly they are trying to deceive the Patrians as part of some nefarious plan to put them at ease before their inevitable betrayal. (Something, something, paranoid ranting.)

It seems likely people will start pushing for an eventual federation. The new neighbours are an almost perfect match. The discovery of hostile aliens after this would only make their case stronger.

Senator Raymond Delgado, 1st Secretary Of The S.P.C. Passes Away
3cb0f59d69d53371b23ce32b666a4df6.png

[Raymond Delgado's Official Portrait]

At Eleven A.M. Valoisian time, Raymond Delgado the renowned leader of the Social Progressivist Confederation passed away within his home at the age of 78. His remains were cremated and thrown into the Sea of Valo's, per his last wishes.

Senator Delgado saw the rejuvenation of the S.P.C. during his tenure as 1st Secretary and through his careful diplomacy successfully positioned his party to be the second largest within parliament. Senator Delgado during his tenure ran three times for the Chancellor and in the 2210 elections was narrowly beaten by Chancellor Griffin by five percent.

His death leaves an uneasy hole in the S.P.C.'s leadership and may potentially compromise the party's standing within Parliament as there are rumors of infighting within the party between Governor Ana Pierce and Scientist Lesben Turing on who should be elected as the 1st Secretary.

U.P.F. - S.P.C. Clash On Fleet Modernization

The U.P.F. and S.P.C. had a major clash during voting for the Fleet Modernization Act of 2225 where the S.P.C. 2nd Secretary Ana Pierce vehemently opposed the idea of diverting more resources into the Republican Navy now that two peaceful species have been discovered.

A Complete transcript of the Clash can be found down below

Ana Pierce [S.P.C.] rises to the podium

There has a been a big change my fellow Patrians. We now know what the universe is. It is full of like minded peoples who value democracy and the rule of law. We as Patrians must accept this.

When i just started out in this here parliament i saw the first ships leave our home system. We thought space was hostile, and we accounted for it. We believed it paramount to safeguard our ideals and we did it through massive military increases and new ship construction. Now we know what the universe is.

It is not full of beings of hate but beings of democracy and reason. Are we going to use the same doctrines as we did before the amazing discoveries? The way we deal with obsolete worries are over. Now we know the immense wastefulness of almost every military construction was.

Today i speak for the whole SPC and today I say For the good of Patria and for the good of the Xenos,

No New Ships, No New Guns and No More War!

Chancellor Zane Griffin [U.P.F.] Takes The Stand in response the Ana Pierce's Statement

"I have always thought positively of you Ms. Pierce however it saddens me to hear you say such words. We have surveyed a mere one hundred stars out of a total of upwards to one thousand and already we have discovered two space faring alien species who thankfully share similar ideals as to ours and as I have stated earlier they may prove to be absolutely great and impressive allies however we cannot be Naïve and foolish to think that everyone in space is going to be friendly with us.

There will come a time when we encounter a hostile species that could threaten ourselves and perhaps other species that see eye to eye with us and will we just sit by as they cause devastation across our borders because Ms. Pierce decided to neglect our navy and allow it to enter into a decline?

Diplomacy IS A PRIORITY, BUT WE NEED A CAPABLE NAVY IN THE EVENT IT FAILS!

Anna Pierce Clears her throat and begins speaking

We already do. We have the most powerful navy there is to know of that belongs to any space fairing sentient being. I am not naive, Mr. Griffon. Even as a pacifist i waited to come out against this military investment as I thought of it as necessary. Now we know. Now we know of what is out there.

Why waste more resources Mr. Chancellor. This is not even a debate about military spending, this is a debate about working with what we have and what we have is peace. Peace with friendly sentient beings.

I do hope that the modernization bill is as far as my fellow parliamentarians go for. I think of them as competent and they don't need to be ran out of office.

Alexander Hadrian [U.M.F.] Pipes up
"With the fact that two aliens exist so close together i highly doubt those are the only two"

Zane Griffin replies
"Yes we have the most powerful navy in the known galaxy which we know maybe one tenth. And even though our navy is superior if we do not maintain it, it will eventually become outclassed."

We have twenty warships that by the end of the decade will become outdated if we do not act to modernize them."

Zane clears his throat

"Of course we need to cooperate with these newly discovered species as they see eye to eye with us but what if we discover a nation that does not? That is deadset on bringing about our end? Then will we construct a fleet as they are murdering thousands....

Zane speaks up

Millions.... Billions.... Of our citizens because we decided to neglect our fleet?

Ana Perice Replies To Alexander Hardian
Admiral your right, but at this point we have a 100% democracy to civilization ratio. That's not a coincidence.

Hadrian Alexander replies
"No i don't think it is but that's not the problem."
"its not exclusively a dictatorship that can be hostile"

Dr. Jameston [H.P.F.] begins speaking
On the contrary, Pierce. It is completely coincidental.

Ana Pierce issues a stark reply
Do you know what this money can go into chancellor? Mines, schools, hospitals. in the long term what will make us stronger, allowing 300 people live for the next war or spending into a ship that will see no conflict in it's life.
Dr. Jameson I hope for your sake and mine that you are wrong

Zane Griffin immediately rebuttals Pierce
"You do realize our Economy is flourishing right? Otherwise i would not propose such a bill"

Zane brings up a diagram of the Republic's Mineral and Energy reserves
9dfaf851730a3b8b2c951e03f6b275ef.png

We have more than enough funds to build hospitals, mines, schools, universities and upgrade our ship s

Ana Pierce responds quickly
Chancellor, with a flourishing economy we invest it back into itself. Thats how basic economics works.
There is always more to invest in and their is always more stuff to do

This is a simple matter of economic efficiency. This grand display of our current resources and income holds no sway to my argument.

In some regards it even strengthens it.

Zane Griffin begins to speak once again

"You do realize we have such a large stockpile because we have building everything we can for the time being? Our population on Patria and Frater have completely built up industries otherwise we would have less of a stockpile unless you support building hospitals in area's where no one lives i suppose.

Captain Athelina [U.P.F.] Chimes In
"I have tracked our Economic Progress, and our technological progress. Our Fleet is large, however as stated before, it is Very unlikely there are only 3 nations.

We should Always be prepared for the Inevitable, and I believe we can do that with a bigger Fleet. As well as fighting enemies, it also helps protect our trade routes, which helps our Economy."

Ana Pierce Confidently begins to speak
Mr. Chancellor, Are you completely ignorant to the reports made by your own scientific staff of the theoretical things we can now do? Space age habitats above planets and spheres of solar panels to collect the energy on suns.

This is all now theoretically possible.

And of course the retooling of our old infrastructure update it with the highest level tech.
I can go on and on Mr. Chancellor to where these resources could be better spent.

Zane looks rather confused
"Yes possible... but umm... still easily a hundred years out of our reach..."
The creation of these great structures you are proposing are still something of science fiction and we are not nearly to the point where we could construct them.

I mean I am supportive of these projects but i personally do not believe that sitting on our hands and stockpiling billions of PRD and Minerals for something that is still easily a hundred years away is well.... Not very economically sound.. .

Ana Pierce Begins to speak
Mr. Chancellor you are far away from winning this debate. You have all your work ahead of you.

Zane Replies
"As i stated in the bill Ms. Perice. funds for modernization would only be allocated if they are available and are not already tied up in other construction projects."

Pierce begins speaking
This is not a debate about this bill Mr. Chancellor
This is a debate of this government's doctrine

Zane stands from his seat as he begins to speak
"Yes our governments Doctrine is ensuring our people are safe and to ensure this we need to maintain a modernized fleet

Pierce begins speaking as Zane stops
Are you privy to even the most basic debating skills? You just started your position again.
And mine is that these resources need to stop going into something we have a monopoly on

Zane quickly replies
And we must maintain this naval strength monopoly

Ana Pierce replies
We are leagues ahead of any other species in terms of military strength Mr. Chancellor

Zane smirks as he begins to speak
"Leagues? Not so much and if we decide to neglect our fleet then we will eventually be overtaken."

Ana Pierce replies
Here I have a simple economic plan. We have room for another Starbase, we build an ancorage there.
Deflecting wont make you win this Griffon

Nicholas H. Morgan [H.P.F.] begins to speak
"Gentleman, this Act has passed. Can't we move on?"

Zane chuckles
"I would be more than happy to move on.. This argument is settled"

Ana Pierce Finishes in a darker and deeper tone
If you wish to waste millions on millions of dollars and material on a novelty then be my guest

Zane chuckles
"I am honored to spend millions of PRD and Material in modernizing our fleet so we can protect our Republic"

Bills And Propositions

Galactic Research Stations Act of 2225
Proposed By The U.P.F.

The Republic has discovered countless sites across the known Galaxy that could potentially yield massive scientific advancements. These locations vary from Asteroids, Stars to Celestial Bodies. With the Republic's Economy proving capable and having great strength it is now time for us to invest in several of these high yield scientific research stations that would yield major results in a short time span. As such this bill calls for the construction of Scientific Research Stations as long as the Republic has funds that are not already tied up that can be used to build these structures as well as ensuring the Republic's Energy Production stays in the positive.

It is believed that these projects could potentially double or even triple our scientific growth within a short ten year time span.

The bill also calls for the potential construction of two additional construction ships to reach this goal in a timely manner

The Bill was supported by the U.P.F., S.P.C., U.S.C.S. and U.M.F.

Results:
VOTE PASSED
Yes: 309
Abstained: 191

The Company Science Act of 2220
Proposed By The P.P.I.

There are many companies across our republic from being on our home capital, the colonies and in space. They however are limited towards what they research themselves, due to governmental regulations. The priority of medical research is done by governmental research laboratory with higher privileges than that of the private industry research centers funded by companies to increase the wellbeing of patria. What we suggest is that private industry gains almost the exact privileges that the government gives to its own facilities. What the ppi suggests is this.

Private arms companies that fund the government with the ammunition and products to create the republics fleet be allowed to make their own designs of laser, missile and kinetic weapons and sell the patents to the government if successfully surpasses our own military technological fields. Then there is medicine field. Private industries are primarily held from the rights to invest in research of genetic modification and experimenting of medicine that includes foreign enzymes, proteins and herbalism from our colony planets or the identifying of possible medicines that could be made on those worlds.

What we suggest is the allowance of society private industries to have more medical freedoms to find new medicines and produce them. Then there is also the allowance of letting these society research companies to build their own small private stations into galactic void of borders

The Bill was supported by the the P.P.I and opposed by the U.P.F., H.P.F., S.P.C.

Results:
VOTE FAILED
Yes: 14
No: 319
Abstained: 167

Akkano & Cevanti Agreements of 2225
Proposed By The U.P.F.

The Akkano Republic has proven itself to be a friendly space faring species and although we know very little of them we here at the United Patrian Front believe that they have peaceful intentions. Their society is very similar to our own with the Akkano having strong ethics in terms of Democracy and Free Will.

Meanwhile the Cevanti Nation appear to be a friendly space faring species that is also extremely materialistic and has been extremely friendly to mankind ever since we came into contact. Although the United Patrian Front does not entirely trust these newly discovered aliens we do believe that without a doubt we will be discovering more Alien Species in the years to come and it is likely they will not be as friendly as the Akkano or Cevanti.

As such we would like to attempt to conduct several diplomatic missions with both of species with an end goal of establishing Research Agreements and a Non-Aggression Pact with both nations so that we can attempt to further get to know each other without the threat of violence.

As such we call for the following:

1. Establishment of Official Communications with both the Akkano & Cevanti

2. Establishment of Research Agreements with both the Akkano & Cevanti

3. Establishment of Non-Aggression Pacts with both the Akkano & Cevanti

4. An official diplomatic session between Zane Griffin & the leaders of both the Akkano & Cevanti to express these goals.
This session will not be in person of course due to security risks and will instead be held via hologram.

5. Attempt to establish contact with any species the Akkano and/or Cevanti have come into contact with if any.

[This Bill would authorize small gifts to said Nations in the form of 1-100 Minerals/Energy or 1-2 Minerals/Energy Monthly to convince them if needed]

The Bill was supported by the the the U.P.F. and S.P.C.

Results:
VOTE PASSED
Yes: 255
No: 12
Abstained: 233

Fleet Modernization Act of 2225
Proposed By The U.P.F.

The Republican Navy is a force to be reckoned with as we have discovered when encountering the Akkano and Cevanti as our Navy appears to severely outclass theirs from what our traders have reported.

However our navy is currently utilizing technologies that are over thirty years old and if we were to encounter an hostile species we would need to protect ourselves as such as would like that the Republican Navy be continuously upgraded with new technologies as they are developed for a period of fifteen years (2240) after which we will hold another bill if we wish to extend this period.

This will ensure our ships are equipped with the most advanced technologies our Republic can muster and are not vulnerable due to using outdated equipment.

These Modernization Acts will of course only occur in the event that we have spare resources available.

The Bill was supported by the the the U.P.F., H.P.F., P.P.N.P., U.M.F, and opposed by the S.P.C.

Results:
VOTE PASSED
Yes: 269
No: 112
Abstained: 109

Xenology Committee Formation Act
Authored by U.P.F. Scientist Dr. Ulysses Vultt

It has become abundantly clear to us that we are not alone in the galaxy. From strange primitive nations we barely understand to extra-solar republics like our own. Yet we know so little. Diplomatically we can only get so far, but what we really need is a true scientific committee dedicated to the study of xenology.

The Xenology Documentation and Evaluation Committee or X-DEC is a proposed solution to this problem. They will engage in cultural, scientific, and physiological studies of alien species to help us understand them better. The ultimate result being a categorization system to be used by the government on how it interacts with any xeno, as well as vast libraries of knowledge to help our diplomats and explorers.

The categorization system will organize xenos into one of three categories
Class A: Being Xenos that pose no immediate threat, and have the possibility for integration into the republic as citizens due to vast biological and cultural similarities. This will be the rarest category.

Class: B: Xenos that we should be wary about but still have the possibility to join the Republic, but not as full citizens due to biological and cultural differences prohibiting them from understanding the intricacies of Patrian society.
Class C: Xenos that pose an immediate threat and should not be interacted with under any circumstance.
X-DEC will be made up of five scientists considered experts in their field, who when retiring will pass down their seat to who they view as an equal or superior in their field of science. X-DEC will be an advisory council to the First Contact Committee or any futural diplomatic group on future interactions with any Xeno State that the Patrian Republic comes into contact with or has already come into contact with.

X-DEC will also look into the idea of a ‘progenitor’ race that links Patrian, Cevanti, Akkano, and Velutarian physiologies due to vast biological and societal similarities. This will primarily be done through the mapping of their genomes in a similar fashion as we have mapped our own genome.

The Committee founder will be Dr. Ulysses Vultt, who will go through the process of finding candidates to fill the other four seats from both within political spheres and out and from any party that is not strictly against the roll of X-DEC, even if they vote against the bill. However, when the council is filled, Dr. Vultt will have no more or less power than other members of the committee. This committee will oversee any and all studies relating to xenos and be considered the governmental authority on Xenology.
The Bill was supported by the the the U.P.F., H.P.F. and S.P.C.

Results:
VOTE PASSED
Yes: 291
Abstained: 209

The Merchants Act of Akkano and Cevanti

Proposed By The P.P.I.

The discovery of life is an amazing thing for are people for new galactic nations means new means of technology, goods and labor.

1. We the ppi propose that after relations have increased more with these two alien nations, so that we can try and establish a currency rating system to determine the value of all three nations net worth of the common credit to each other’s, so we can have proper purchases of goods and transactions.
a. Example: a akkano credit is worth 2 credits in their currency while ours is one in the exchange.

2. We seek for allowing our patrian businesses to set up shops and trade depots in their systems to sell our goods, and in exchange buy their products as well at a tax-free transaction.

3. The allowance to let our private science companies have the rights to buy, test and create new medicines out of our neighbors own medical studies.

4. Two-sided employment. Meaning we can hire people from there planets to work in our factories and they can hire ours. (the possibility of getting a migration treaty.)

The Bill was supported by the U.P.F., S.P.C., portion of the H.P.F., U.S.C.S, U.M.F., while opposed by portions of the S.P.C.

Results:
VOTE PASSED
Yes:368
No: 24
Abstained: 108

Voting Reformation Act of 2225
Proposed By The S.P.C.

We ask for a rewriting of our electoral system towards the inclusion of non-Human people in the form of Extraterrestrial life.

Already there are talks of migratory bills but no provisions that their voices be heard, as such we propose that any Xeno to come to any of our colonies and find a job be given a speedy path towards citizenship and, should they join a workers union (proving their desire to work and effect the world around them), be given a temporary voting card until their citizenship forums can be processed properly.

The bill goes on to list various forums that would need to be changed from Human to People but strategically avoiding anything military related.

*Confirming our voting rights as Select Xenos until the near future.

The Bill was supported by the the U.P.F., S.P.C., portion of the H.P.F., U.S.C.S, U.M.F., while opposed by portions of the H.P.F.

Results
VOTE PASSED
Yes: 346
No: 12
Abstained: 142

Proposal for Raxum Prime Government and Renaming

Proposed By The S.P.C.

With the new colony underway we decide a new name is required. Much like Frater, formerly Tyl Prime, we think Soror, sister, would be a fitting name; keeping to the idea of family ties between planets. In addition, we propose Mary Hughs of the SPC for governor of the planet, citing their hard work and dedication to Patria and, with the assistance of others, they are sure to prove themselves as worthy a governor as any other.

The Bill was supported by the the U.P.F., S.P.C., P.PI., U.S.C.S. H.P.F.,

Results
VOTE PASSED
Yes: 300
Abstained: 200

So portions of the HPF support alien migration rights and alien rights to vote. How do they justify that as a party founded on the protection of humanity from alien threat? Compare their current stance with the original party charter:

The Humanity Protection Front
daad228af61be1f9fac5639ab0f89a1f.png

Acronym:
The H.P.F.

Political Party Leader:
Martin Jameston

Background
The H.P.F. was founded by the late General Lucas Jameston near the end of the 22nd century (2195) as humanity reached into the stars. Believing the ultimate threat to the galaxy and to humanity would be Xenos, even if they were unmet, the party was founded to unite all humans against possible future threats, and to be ready for them. Passing in the year 2198 at the age of 68, Lucas’ son and Patrian scientist Martin Jameston took charge of the party. Heralding in his own scientific understanding and ideals into the party, they remained relatively the same, only having the ammunition to prove that the Xenos were the ultimate threat in their alien ways.

Being supported in the Republic, they use a rhetoric of “Humanity first” and fear tactics, describing Xenos in terrible, disturbing ways,, and will on occasion downright refuse to speak to parties more inclined to Xenophilic beliefs.

While not politically the most prominent party as of yet, the H.P.F. are hoping to change that in the upcoming election to push more on defensionist policies, as these first few years in space may prove the most lethal if contact with aliens is made with a non-competent party in charge.

While the threat of Xenos are not yet discovered, they shall be one day, and the H.P.F. will make sure Humanity is prepared for that day.

Political Stance

Militarism:
believing that the best way to protect humanity is with a large naval presence from filthy Xenos.

Foreign Policy:
The only true threat to humanity is the Xeno, and all precautions must be taken to make sure they do not get a foothold among us.

Expansion Policy:
There is but one way to prevent Xeno expansion, and that is our own expansion. We must beat them to every possible resource in the galaxy, no matter the risk, as it is the only way to ensure our own survival.

Voting Rights:
Humans only. The only species that should be present in our glorious Republic is humanity, and any other species should not be around long enough to vote.

Religious Laws:
Secular. Religion has its purposes, but not in Government.

Autonomy Policy:
Centralized. All parts of the Republic must be streamlined for efficiency and in case of war maximum strength.

It seems likely that the party will split in the near future with parts of it merging with the UPF or the PPNP, depending on whether the xenophile or xenophobe factions dominate the party.

It's also interesting to see the growing rift between the SPC and UPF as well as the indications of internal struggle within the SPC. Might they fall victim to their own success? With most other parties embracing xenophilia the original xenophile party might find their niche too crowded.

Last edited:
Interstellar Diplomacy
With the passing of the Akkano & Cevanti Agreements Of 2225 the Republic was given authorization to enter into official diplomatic discussions with the Republic's newly discovered neighbors. The Republic's first major task was signing an agreement between both nations to open an official line of communications to ensure diplomacy was logistically plausible.

3bd25b107ce63f7cd458f5e57e3556f4.jpg

Trade Negotiations with the Akkano Republic proved slightly bumpy at first when they initially rejected establishing embassies in each others nations due to lack of trust however the Republic decided to sweeten the deal with a transfer of 192 Energy Credits and a monthly trade deal of 1 mineral for ten years (120 minerals). This was justified by the Akkano Republic giving the Republic 120 Minerals and 520 Energy Credits the previous year in a show of friendship.

61e569e4b0ad313bc4afa81ed10fac70.jpg

A similar offer was sent to the Cevanti Nation with the hopes of consolidating relations with the Republic's Southern Neighbors as well as discovering any possible space faring species they may know of.

The Akkano & Cevanti Agree!
4jDOo0B.jpg

Roughly three days after the offer was sent the Akkano Republic and Cevanti Nation both agreed to the establishment of official communications and with it a drove of new discoveries were made.

New Contacts
83e3db200aa0404c37603f73a48cf191.png

The Great Qvefoz Empire
Almost immediately after the signing of the communications agreement three previously unknown races established contact with our Republic, the Akkano stated that they had discovered these species earlier in the year and upon the signing of the agreement allowed themselves to act as an intermediate between ourselves and them.

8ce3d245a61f96748988aa9c7246d9a8.png

The Great Qvefoz Empire are an avian species that appear very similar to the penguins of Patria. The Qvefozi are ruled by an Emperor known as Laktras I. From what we could gather they have very little forms of democracy within their race however they do not believe in slavery and believe that technological progress is the only way forward.

The Dynastic Union Of Cyris Prime

e2a5b75f729d475a6a35be801e64b57c.png

The Dynastic Union of Cyris Prime appear to also be a species of Avian's that gained Faster-Than-Light Travel in 2200. The Cynur as they call themselves worship a set of gods that they believe have taken care of their race since the dawn of their species thankfully however unlike the fanatic religions that existed during the Age of Empire's in our own history the dominant religion of the Cynur believes that peace is the only way to ensure prosperity of their species and as such are highly against warfare.

The Queptilium Union
96a8372f94c876b4c58ed9c40a8560aa.png

The last and perhaps most terrifying of the species that established communications with us after the Treaty of 2225 with the Akkano and Cevanti was the Queptilium Union. A species that believes in Authoritarianism and Slavery above all and have been reported to be rather hostile to both the Akkano and Cevanti since they established communications with them. They are to be watched carefully without a doubt.

One Last Communication
bae27c361450e41ad91d29922c5d2eaa.png

A day after communications were established with the species stated above we received a rather disturbing transmission from what the Akkano have called the "Prime Continuity" from what we can gather it would appear that the Prime Continuity have had access to Faster-Than-Light Capabilities for thousands of years and possess untold technological advancements.

The Dynastic Union Of Cyris Prime & Queptilium Union Close Their Borders

In a short and harshly worded transmission the Cyris declared that they had decided to close their borders with our the Republic due to their denial of their faith.

The Othari Sovereignty
ed3630d16336a8669b92516ac4568f96.png

On March 30th, 2225 the Othari Sovereignty established communications with our Republic. From what we can gather they are a pacifist species that does not support unwarranted warfare however they do not trust any alien species and have stated that they will fire upon any ships that enter their space without permission.

Galactic Races As of 2225
5946c186b924c8bad8ce6b0d8d175b61.jpg

With the discovery of the Qthari Sovereignty expansion efforts in the North West were greatly expanded to attempt to stop them from seizing extremely valuable systems.

Gray Goo
644a1a0d98cf5d63c9bccc9fc0dfa265.png

Dr. Jerry Ferguson made a startling discovery on Y'val VIIa where billions upon billions of nanites covered the planets surface however more strangely is the fact that it would appear that these nanites are in fact related to the L-Gates and we Jerry believes that he may have gained valuable information on how they operate.

Soror Colony Announced As Fully Functional
730c9d11eb7974f32ba6dd1fdc139b32.jpg

The Planet of Soror previously known as Raxum II has been announced as a fully fledged colony and is ready to start contributing to the Republic.

The Cevanti Agreements of 2226

ICFaHcR.jpg

After a year of intense diplomatic discussion the Cevanti Nation agreed to the signing of not only a Non-Aggression Pact but also a Research Agreement where both nations would have the opportunity of exchanging research.

This marks a massive step in Interstellar Diplomacy as it would appear the Patrian Republic has officially made its first allies.

The Infinity Machine Speaks
LYa0D6E.png

As such Dr. Gra was assigned orders to aid the "Infinity Machine" in its calculations, it is expected it will take Gra roughly five years to finish aiding the Infinity Machine as the entire Republic hopes the project is worth it.

Space Station Discovered
cf8f3721ba8444453fa4237cfc3e4b96.jpg

A strange and massive Space Station was discovered in the Ribellan Vortex and has not yet responded to any of our attempts at communication.

61f477dbe11f0d8711436f1e61f4b830.png

However after several months the station finally began contacting our Science Ship and revealed themselves to be a Curator Order that's sole goal is the gathering of knowledge.
It would seem we have alot in common with them perhaps they can help us?

Wreckage Discovered
0873df234fbfbcf4b92d0921eb564088.png

A massive Wreckage was discovered that appears to belong to the Akkano Republic, the wreckage in question is stockpiled with roughly one hundred minerals which would greatly improve our economic situation however after a hefty discussion Parliament agreed to return the Wreckage and Minerals to the Akkno Republic as a show of good faith.

0b51e21e3dfc9c6900405aa978003e75.png

It did not take long for the Akkano Republic to give their thanks to us in matter of fact it appears the entire situation has improved our relations greatly.

Coilguns & Starholds
bbd163c8f16533c890ba7992ded92f43.png

Dr. Michael Stongaard has reported that he has designed a new form of weaponry to replace the Republic's outdated mass drivers that it's warships utilize. This new weaponry is known as a Coil Gun and although I am not intelligent enough to explain how it works I have seen it in training exercises and it is a beast to be reckoned with.

Dr. Stongaard also announced that he was looking into techniques to improve our starbases capabilities both defensively and economically.

Dr. Jameston's Prepares His Last Gift To Mankind
3d71cfa37559b54d2436ad0a217bc908.png

With Dr. Jameston's lifespan only expected to be another few years he has sworn to continue his work on mastering the Human Genome to ensure that mankind will be safe from all forms of disease.

Another Encounter
d9a3971b3135ba893ad229e07712d0ef.png

We have discovered yet another space faring civilization known as the Lyritian Federation. They appear to be a Democratic civilization that puts a massive emphasis on their Military.

It would appear that they are interested in peaceful relations with our Republic and may prove to be a valuable ally.

Near Limitless Expansion
stellaris-hd-wallpapers-33700-8968723.jpg

With the Discovery of eight Space Faring alien species the Republic has experienced a even stronger need for expansion to ensure it is capable of properly defending itself. As such the Republic has begun constantly constructing outposts in every direction of the galaxy.

Further Contact
21eee606c4039aeebd59017c802f8a2c.png

Yet another Space Faring species has established contact with us this time known as the Norani Autocracy. It would appear this nation is far from our borders and poses little threat to ever reaching us which is very good considering they are extremely authoritarian and go against the Republic's ideals in every way and form.

Yet Another L-Gate Insight
900fb445eaaf9d6b1825228087bdc3d4.png

While studying the L-Gates it would appear our scientists have discovered yet another major breakthrough to these mysterious gates. It would seem that we are not as far away from unlocking their secrets as we once thought.

Altair System Is Operational
c32178a7ed134d4b47779c7198991bea.jpg

The Mysterious Altair System which is inhabited by four separate Primitive species is now fully operational with each planet having a fully operational and crewed observation post which is allowing the Republic to gain vast amounts of research.

Dr. Turing Seeks To Improve The Hyperdrive
d15efa9a0f191f7ac54ed64f5c787c1e.png

With Dr. Turing successfully researching improved Reactor Booster's she is now looking to improve our ships Hyperdrives to make them more efficient and capable.

The Automated Shipyard
f773079e6981188252d60917cd4490d9.png

While entering the Cirban System, Claire Wright discovered a massive orbital shipyard which appears to have barely survived from combat with entire sections of the station torn to shreds.

Claire Wright decided to investigate.
6692a230e43e3fe5d99097633fea3289.png

From what Dr. Wright could discover it would appear as if the Automated Shipyard is roughly one thousand years old and that is amazingly one of the ships manufacturing bays is still in working condition. We simply need to turn on the power.
fc24f161ede6792455885c897506abae.png

As soon as Power was restored to the facility it immediately began construction of an advanced warship much larger than any of our own upon completion of the warship however the shipyard broke down completely and detonated.

56add0a103013274cc0eec83733f35c6.jpg

The new ship now coined the P.R.S.S. Soror is now heading directly to Patria where it will act as the fleet's new flagship.

Dr. Jameston Delivers His Last Gift To Mankind
9d0dd9b28fec726a3e91b56808396ede.png

With Dr. Jameston's health further declining he managed to successfully complete his research into the Human Genome effectively allowing mankind to conduct medical treatments on a cellular level. However with his health further declining he has begun allowing his team to work on other projects, it would appear that they have decided to pursue ways to reduce logistical issues with starbases to allow more to be constructed.

Galaxy As Of 2230
8b4377d0aa667ec66863082c13f1faac.jpg

Republic's Economy As Of 2230
a6a7560cce0aa3f3fb4273e125e54e4f.png

Republican Navy
e4d47b44cafd48c6d7e43db66687d896.png

Planet's Of The Republic
b8d26f16e1e07fca21bad9f1f4efbfce.jpg

That side of the galaxy is definitely filling out.