• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello everybody, I play Jameston in the AAR's Parliament. Just wanted to say that in the posting of some of the H.P.F. things some stuff might of gotten misconstrued a little from the passing of the message to the posting of it just due to how it was formatted.
The H.P.F. believes if a species is advanced enough, they should be enlightened to serve the Republic and Humanity (not necessarily Citizens, we're still Xenophobes here) rather than their own interests, but the vast majority of them are still feudal so simply observing is a fine idea for now.
I'll explain the "hunters" as well. On Tyl-1/Frater, there are dangerous wildlife, and General Dotson gave them the nickname "Hunters" as they're the apex predator of the planet, and have in the RP been able to kill several Republican Citizens, leading to Dotson wanting to push on some scientific research acts to neutralize the threat, which hasn't been voted on yet.
Also the Ad using the "Patriano" is supposed to say "An image feed of Patria is played with a calming narration from a Patrian sounding like Morgan Freeman, who is clearly a supporter of the H.P.F. for some reason."
Thanks!

Last edited:
Voting will continue for another thirty hours roughly

Is there going to be any term limits for Chancellor at all?
Death.

Edit: But seriously, I imagine that parliament could legislate term limits if they chose.

Last edited:
Is there going to be any term limits for Chancellor at all?

Currently there are no term limits for chancellor's and I doubt there will be.
Simply because if we add term limits players will most likely just have their leaders pass away and create a new one.

Last edited:
Voting Ends In 24 Hours Exactly make sure to spread the word to our fellow citizens because remember

YOUR VOTE MATTERS

https://goo.gl/forms/C2QPBWfyFkTFPbdq2

We are also still accepting character applications and are experiencing a shortage in scientists.

Check the OP for more information.

And also thank you all for the continuous support as it encourages me to continue working on the AAR.

2220 Election Results
Nvd0Eik.png

Election Results
The Elections of 2220 was hotly contested with no one knowing how the controversies of the P.P.N.P. would affect the electorate in total eight parties attempted to gain seats within Parliament with one being a party formed mere days before the election by disgruntled members of the P.P.N.P. who formed the United Military Front but calls for a strong military similar to the P.P.N.P. but has more liberal views towards xenos.
MyDU9NA.png

United Patrian Front [U.P.F.]
The United Patrian Front invested everything it had into the election of 2220 to hold onto its position as the largest party within Parliament and although it maintained it's position it did lose a total of twenty eight seats to the frustration of its Parliamentary Members. However some have played it off as a victory considering they have managed to maintain the position of largest party within Parliament for now three decades.

The Social Progressivist Confederation [S.P.C.]
The Social Progressivist Confederation was viewed by many to continue to gain seats within Parliament or even having the possibility of overtaking the U.P.F. however to the surprise of many they lost a total of thirteen seats while while not very damaging may put a stop on the parties continuous party growth.

Humanity Protection Front [H.P.F.]
The Humanity Protection Front is considered one of the winners of this election considering they managed to gain an additional eight seats and further consolidating their parties hold within Parliament as the third largest party.

The Patrian Persevering Initiative
The P.P.I. managed to recover from their Electoral losses in the 2210 Elections and gained a total of twelve new seats for their party and secured their parties position as the fourth largest. The P.P.I. is believed to have achieved this electoral victory due to the large portion of votes they passed considering their size.

Patrian People's Nationalist Party
The Patrian People's Nationalist Party by far the most controversial party within Parliament surprisingly managed to hold onto their hold within Parliament with a total of twenty eights seats only losing a surprising five seats within Parliament meaning that the P.P.N.P. will be capable of maintaining their voice within Parliament for years to come.

The United Military Front
The United Military Front appeared within the electoral cycle mere days before elections after several P.P.N.P. members announced their departure from the controversial party, although expected to fail within Parliament due to their sudden creation the risk appears to have paid off with the party gaining a total of twenty eight seats equal to that of their former party the P.P.N.P.

The United Society of Concerned Scientists
After the parties embarrassing showing in 2210 where they lost a total of thirty seven seats it appears the party has managed to recover by gaining a total of twenty eight seats an impressive eleven seat increase from the last election.

United Peoples Imperial Party
U.P.I.P. experienced a large decrease in parties seats this election holding a mere nine seats nearly a fifty percent decrease from last election.

Chancellorship Elections of 2220
AV4y2qk.png

While the United Patrian Front appeared to be rather vulnerable in the Parliamentary Elections the situation was different in the Chancellorship vote where Zane Griffin continues to enjoy rather high popularity ratings however with Dr. Jameston, Senator Delgado and Captain Konig all running for Chancellor some were expecting Zane Griffin to be toppled however with the final votes being tallied it has become clear that Chancellor Griffin has secured yet another term as Chancellor of the Patrian Republic.

be904a00ebb630f7e938afc2801541f4.png

[Chancellor Zane Griffin's Official Portrait]

A New Decade
With Mankind entering the year 2220 mankind is without a doubt forced to make difficult decisions such as how they will deal with the countless newly discovered primitive races as well as the continued expansion of the Republic.

Rather dissapointing that the S.P.C. lost some seats, but at least they're still second. I'm sure in due time they'll be the biggest party in Parliament :p,

So he gets another term, but is his support slowly being hollowed out?

Happy with how the H.P.F. performed this election :)

H.P.F. I believe showed this election they are here to stay. Agreed they performed greatly.

Rather dissapointing that the S.P.C. lost some seats, but at least they're still second. I'm sure in due time they'll be the biggest party in Parliament :p,

The decrease in support for the S.P.C. was a major surprise without a doubt. I wonder how they will perform next election.

So he gets another term, but is his support slowly being hollowed out?
Zane Griffin has secured his third term within Parliament with a larger majority than the previous elections surprisingly.

Dr. Jameston's Shocking News Conference
images

Breaking news. Jameston sits in his family dining hall, with the press surrounding him for questioning. His wife and three sons, all grown and men, with even his youngest being 18, stand around him as he sits in the front, his age of 58 showing through, he looks even older.

Hello, my fellow citizens. I take this time today to ad- He’d sputter and cough for half a minute. to address an issue I have been facing. As the head of the Societal Research Group, I was asked by Parliament to invest in our genetic research to help humanity. I believe I have done that to the best of my abilities even when my department and I have worked on other projects. This has been my “secret” project so to speak, but I have managed to cure almost all of the genetic ailments that have plagued us for so- He’d cough again for so long. I have managed to clone cells and develop them in small amounts, and I think in the next few years if given parliaments approval I could create living, breathing clones. These worked hand and hand of course as I could replicate my own cells for testing. With all of this research, however, I needed a willing and able test subject, and as such to prevent the endangerment of others, I experimented with genetic ailments on myself. Though I have developed many a cure, these have impacted me greatly due to my age. I estimate I have 7 years at most of my life left.

At this, Angelina would let silent tears fall down her face.

My family has been aware of this matter for some time, and as such we do not want your pity. I ask you to allow me to continue my work, and to continue aiding you all.

In the event of my untimely passing, Isaiah shall inherit the estate, and shall be named the new Head of the H.P.F. He is currently entering the University of Universal Studies, and will be able to specialize in a field within the decade. If I am to die before he is finished, Shastri will be given control of the party until Isaiah is finished with his studies. My son Adam will be given a percentage of my wealth, to ensure a stable and healthy life for himself and his future family. And Jacob, my oldest, will hopefully secure a position within the Physics research group of our republic under the honorable Doctor Turing, which I will be discussing with the Doctor in a private discussion soon. He will receive a portion of my wealth as well. The rest of my money shall be split between my wife and to the less fortunate parts of Patria, to aid in their development. I thank you all for allowing me to serve so long as not only your parliamentary representative, but as a scientist of this republic, and as your friend. Good night, Patria, Matria, and Frater too.

The news outlets would not ask any questions, and would allow the Doctor to console his wife and sons, who stood stoic for the cameras but quickly began to weep as they left.

Senator Delgado's Age Begins To Take A Toll
Senator Delgado's speech at the SPC Council

As you may all know, I am getting old : when I finish my current mandate as SPC Secretary, I will be 81. Although it has been an honour to devote my life to politics, and to spread the SPC's ideals, I am getting a bit tired. I have decided to appoint Ms. Ana Pierce as SPC Undersecretary. She will help me ensure our ideas are heard in Parliament, and elsewhere. This new position means that, should I be unavailable, she will act as the de facto leader of the SPC. She also has the full authority to decide party line on certain votes, and can approve bills for submission. At the end of this decade, I will retire. Having Pierce here will allow for a smoother transition for this great party, and having someone younger and more alert than me as co-leader cannot hurt.

Dr. Gra's Stance On Dynasties

I wish to bring up a concern that has bothered me over the past few years. I'm worried that this Republic is becoming, or perhaps already is, one in name only and not in practice. There are many families in parliament where their kids succeed them. Look at Zane Griffin, his father was governor of Patria. Dr. Jameston basically slingshotted his career off of his father.

The political sway of his father is what he capitalized on to become to powerful. Wolfram von Nehrich was born to a house of great political and social sway, similarly to the late von Karma, Aditya Shastri succeeded her father as senator, General Granbell’s family’s entire lineage is generals, Stonegaard joined the UPF because his father was a member, and several members of the Senate, including our dear Dr. Ferguson, have expressed some interest in having their kid succeed them.

I hope to anyone listening this that, well, the problem is blatantly obvious. These are just our most prominent members of parliament, not counting all of the others, and I can stand here listing them off for minutes. Each and every one of them claims that they, single handedly, have risen to the top of their own effort, willpower, and talent. What are the odds that this is possible? Low. There’s very little chance of this happening.

We have installed an artificial aristocracy within our own parliament. The same parliament that is supposed to stand for equality, freedom, and the prosperity of its citizens. It is a great shame that this parliament has installed its own aristocracy, even if its not recognized as such. In the next election, keep that in mind.

Parliamentary Pleasantries

With the Elections of 2220 becoming official several politicians took the gathering of Politicians within Parliament to complement each other on their successes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Jameston of the H.P.F. takes to speak.
Congratulations on the success of some parties this election, such as the P.P.I. and U.S.C.S., it will be good to have your opinions more vocally heard as more of your people are represented.

Chancellor Griffin of the U.P.F. begins to speak
Congrat's Dr. Gra and Mr. Levering, a louder voice from your parties is always appreciated

Mr. Levering of the P.P.I. smiles.
"why thank you gentlemen I was quite surprised as well due to us losing seats last year to gain what we lost back and a few extra seats. It will quite most effectively help the parliament votes now that we have a stronger voice.

Captain Von Konig of the P.P.N.P. Begins To Speak
"My failure has been expected"

Aditya Shastri of the H.P.F.
I congratulate all newly elected and old members of Parliament. I hope that we will all work for the good of Humanity and our great Republic!

Zane Griffin Speaks To U.S.C.S. Members

Dr. Claire Wright of the U.S.C.S.
Congratulations to everyone whose party did well in this election. If it didn’t go the way that you had hoped, I wish you luck in future elections! I look forward to working with all of the elected members.

Zane Griffin walks towards Dr. Wright
Glad to see you in parliament for a change from space exploration I wanted to thank you for all the hard work you do.

Dr. Claire Wright cheerfully replies
“Thank you, Chancellor Griffin. It is a pleasure to be here, as always. I find myself very lucky to be able to continue to work with you and the rest of the parliament in this coming term.”

Zane Griffin Begins To Speak
"Your discoveries as well as Dr. Gras have been upon to most vital discoveries ever in Patria it would be an honor to shake your hand"

Zane Griffin holds out his hand for a handshake

Dr. Claire meets Zane's hand in a pleasant handshake and begins to speak
“The honor is all mine, Chancellor. I cannot speak for Dr. Gra, but I can say that while I appreciate the praise, I am not sure that it is deserved. There is always more to learn.”

Zane chuckles
Believe me it is very well deserved

Dr. Claire Kindly Replies
“Well, then I thank you again. Of course, your accomplishments are nothing to sneeze at either.”

Zane Griffin Smiles
"I just do my best to ensure this Republic continues to prosper just as any other."

Claire smiles
“Of course! I can tell how passionate you are. Remind me how long you’ve been serving?”

Dr. Gra of the U.S.C.S. answers Claire's Question
This will be his third decade as chancellor
He spent over a decade before that in the military, if I am correct

Zane Kindly Replies
It has been an honor may i note being chancellor
Yes sir, served in the 264th Perinian Infantry Division. It was an honor to serve our nation

Claire Smiles And Reponds
I see! Thank you, Dr. Gra. That’s very impressive, Chancellor. It’s obvious you care about our nation.

Zane Confidently Replies
"This nation is my number one priority and has been since I was young and it will continue to be. Nothing brings me more joy than seeing our citizens prosper"

Admiral Hadrian of the U.M.F. Whispers
"Alex mumbles under his breath "Spoken like a true politician"

Claire Ignores Hadrian's Comment and Replies To Zane
“I admire your drive and dedication, Chancellor Griffin. I’m sure you will continue to do great things.”

Zane smiles
"Thank you Dr. Wright it means a great deal to me to have such a respected scientist such as yourself say such things."

Bills And Propositions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Primitive Species Observation Acts

Proposed By The U.P.F.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the discovery of six Primitive civilization in the past ten years a generic bill must be established as a guideline for Observation of these newly found species as observing them will without a doubt yield the Republic's Scientists unimaginable insight on how Extraterrestrial Societies function and behave. However at the same time we must make sure we respect the evolution of these Primitives as revealing ourselves to them could have extremely dire circumstances for the entire species. As such the bill calls for the following * A priority to expand our borders in the direction of these newly found species mainly in the Northern Borders of the Republic where countless primitive species exist * The eventual construction of Observation Stations over all discovered Primitive Worlds * Only allow passive observation for these primitive species unless it is of course to stop them from a cataclysmic event. As we must ensure we allow the species to evolve naturally. * Attempting to discover if the Velutarians of the Altair System are related to mankind through passive research.
Parliamentary Discussions:
The Bill passed thanks to joint U.P.F. and H.P.F. support while the P.P.N.P. & U.P.I.P. voting against.

Results:
VOTE PASSED
Yes: 265
No: 0
Abstained: 235

Primitives Guidance Act
Proposed By The S.P.C.
It is our moral duty to guide those who are lost on the way of freedom and democracy. We have met a great number of more primitives civilization, all of them seeming to follow the technological development we know, all of them seeming to suffer from the same social and cultural obstacles we encountered.

As such we should do our best to guide them on the path of liberty and democracy. However, our History is rife with examples of encounters between a less advanced and a more advanced civilization. Few of these encounters ever ended well. The Perinian natives faced execution, and forced assimilation. The Hyberian Ocean islanders were introduced to new food preserving processes, better agriculture, richer foods, and they now suffer from terrible diseases, ranging from obesity and diabetes, to bone deformation. If we wish to help them, we must be incredibly careful.

We must be a gentle hand, guiding them on the right path. We must heal them when their medicine fails. We must hint at them the answers when they are close to a discovery, but fail to look in the right direction. This is why I believe we should ask as guardians, showing ourselves as examples of what they can become. We should let them grow at their own rhythm, but intervene when they stumble on the path of evolution, as we sometime wished for someone to do so for us.

Ergo, we propose :

* The establishment of an observation post to keep track of primitive civilization's social and technological progress.

* The slow and careful spread of democratic ideals, on a time frame that allows for the any primitives society to adapt to it.

* To establish ourselves as benevolent guardians to them, and to protect them of eventual threat.

* The creation of a "last option" policy, which would allow us to help them in case of technological stagnation, epidemics, or other unforeseen events.

This help would only come if the primitves would be unable to face these events by themselves, and would need to be extremely discreet to avoid cultural contamination

The Bill was directly opposed by the U.P.F. & H.P.F. due to the passing of the Primitive Species Observation Acts

Results:
VOTE FAILED
Yes: 17
No: 257
Abstained: 226

The Scientific Council of First Contact Proposal
Proposed By The H.P.F.
This bill would establish the SCFC, or Scientific Council of First Contact, prompted to be created by the SPC some time ago. Ergo, we propose the following to be heads of this council, with members derived from each branch of scientific research.

*Dr. Jameston, Head of Societal Research.

*Dr. Turing, Head of Physics Research.

*Dr. Gra, Chief Explorer of the Republic.

*Other scientific members from each branch to aid in the discovery and contact of Xenos life. (just unnamed "npcs")

This would finish the Council the SPC proposed, and would give us a fundamental start to our council, with various view points on Xeno Life being represented and various scientific understandings being utilized to study the language and Xeno, while using Dr. Gra's ability to send data about these possible Aliens as their role as an explorer.
The Bill was supported by the U.P.F. & H.P.F.

Results:

VOTE PASSED
Yes: 278
Abstained: 222

Patrian & Frater Economic Prosperity Act
Proposed By The U.P.F. & S.P.C.
With the perfection of new Mining Complexes and Power Plants facilities we must invest to upgrade all existing Mining and Power Plants throughout Patria and the sole mining complex of Frater to increase these facilities economic output as only through continued economic growth can continued expansion occur within the Republic. This act also calls for the construction of a massive agricultural farm within Frater which is expected to be able to produce 6 Food per month.

as such this bill calls for the following

* All Mining Complexes will be improved with new designs within Frater and Patria (upgraded)

* All Power Plants will be improved with new designs within Patria (upgraded)

* Build a Agricultural Center within Frater to ensure the colony has ample food
The Bill was supported by all parties within parliament other than the P.P.N.P., & U.P.I.P.

Results:

VOTE PASSED
YES: 336
Abstained 164

I understand that the UPF, as a political party, values it's own contributions more than the contributions of other parties, but it bugs me how some of them act sometimes. They would not be able to do any of their great achievements without other parties helping them. Also, I got a good chuckle out of Admiral Hadrian's mumbling. And now it's looking like we're approaching the first wave of character deaths. Should be interesting.