The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In that case, did you have any hints for who Rahul actually was as well that I might have missed?
two certain literary figures being in college together
;)
So the Reich is world military hegemon, only internal rebellion can bring it down, but the chances of that shrink with each hour in the long and dark night. Or perhaps some alien/supernatural intervention is in order, if possible...
Ironically the aliens had their own civil war. The Inquisition is still in one piece...but it's controlled by the Worm cult now...so I don't think that would be an improvement.
Actually, perhaps the above fits better with Josh killing Anders...
It definitely does.
It reminds me of Olgas father who was also brainwashed betraying her mother early on in this story.
Lots and lots of parallels and callbacks are coming up.
Also R.I.P Chris and Rahul after a while I should have known that nobody in this arch is safe but I still hold out hope. Hopefully Alex and the rest of the Humboldt's and Thea make it out.
Hope is rare in these times.
I know you said her support is low but a part of me sees Wilhelmina as the only successor to Wilhelm after all of this is over.
"Here's how Willie can still become Kaiser! #notmykaiser"
Also I know that this is not 100% based off of The Handmaid's Tale but I think that it would be interesting if all of the events at least from the main characters perspective could be like this from The Handmaid's Tale Wikipedia page,
I was thinking of doing that for some upcoming chapters (not the next one), but I decided against it after the story went in a different direction. Don't want to spoil certain things.

Yet more brutal deaths. I mean this entirely sincere: ever thought about writing horror? I think you'd be good at it.

Yet more brutal deaths. I mean this entirely sincere: ever thought about writing horror? I think you'd be good at it.
I float around ideas occasionally.

A Long and Dark Night, Part 6

Near the Persian border - December 27

Angela didn’t say anything else for several hours. Alexandra didn’t want to say anything about the matter, and neither did anyone else. Time passed so slowly on the road from Basra, especially with the Walkman off. It felt like an eternity before the highlands of Persia appeared over the horizon. She didn’t feel relieved at the sight, only more determined to get there. After the disaster in Basra, she had no room for a second failure. She wasn’t going to lose Anders and Diana’s son after they had entrusted him to her. She wasn’t going to lose Thea and Magnus. She wasn't going to lose Alexandra again. She would get them over the border, at any cost.

“Mom, you look so tense,” Alexandra said.

“Yes, what of it?” Angela finally said.

“Look, we’re almost there,” Alexandra said.

“No, we’re not,” Angela said, “I just know Argus is right behind us. They’ve likely gotten drones watching the border. One frak-up—”

“I know, we’ll die,” Alexandra said.

“I don’t care if I die,” Angela said, “But protecting you and the others is all I care about now. I’m not going to lose you again.”

The road grew steeper and curved through the hills. Angela shifted into a higher gear and maintained her current speed, constantly checking her mirrors for any possible pursuers. Suddenly, she swerved off the Autobahn onto a side road.

“Where are you going?” Alex said.

“They’re no doubt watching the main crossing,” Angela said, “There’s an old tunnel to the north of here, running through the mountain. It was built as part of the first Autobahn expansion under Adenauer and discontinued in the 80s. My grandfather used to drive through it for his Inquisition business. Argus probably doesn’t expect us to use it.”

They entered the tunnel. Angela turned on the lights to illuminate the dark road and carefully navigated around the debris strewn everywhere.

“It’s quiet,” Magnus said.

“Almost too quiet,” Alex said.

“You’re right,” Angela said, “Something feels off.”

She stopped the car, pulled a syringe out of the glove compartment, and injected her arm with what was inside. Pain flared in her arm, and she winced.

“Mom?” Alexandra said. “What are you doing?”

“Taking a precaution,” Angela said, “If all goes well, I won’t have to use it.”

She also took out a pistol and her Walkman, holstering the pistol and pushing the Walkman into Alexandra’s hands.

“Wait, Mom, what are you…” Alexandra said.

“For good luck,” Angela said.

She floored the gas pedal again. The Impala’s engine roared, its noise echoing up and down the dark tunnel. She locked eyes with the exit and charged. The tires screeched against the tarmac, throwing up smoke behind her, before the Impala hurtled down the tunnel. The exit grew closer, its light a sight for sore eyes. Just beyond that exit was Persia, and freedom.

But of course, it wouldn’t be that easy. Several spotlights giving off a sickly green light dramatically flipped on one by one, revealing several dozen Argus soldiers having taken up firing positions behind large pieces of debris and at the exit.

“Frak!” Angela cursed, hitting the brakes.

“Step out of the car!” Kurt ordered over a megaphone.

“Mom?” Alexandra said.

“You heard him,” Angela said, “I’ve got no choice.”

Alexandra saw Angela gripping her pistol.

“I have a plan for this,” Angela said.

“What do you mean?” Alexandra said.

“All you need to do is get in the driver’s seat,” Angela said, “When you get the signal, and you will know what that is, drive as fast as you can. I’ll hold them off.”

“Don’t say that, Mom,” Alexandra said, “We’re going to make it.”

“We both know that’s not going to happen,” Angela said, “My fate is set in stone. But yours? Yours is not. You have to live, Alexandra. All of you.”

“Mom, please!” Alexandra said.

Angela hugged her daughter one last time. “As long as you get out of here alive, I don’t care. Whatever happens, remember that I love you.”

She got out of the car and drew her pistol. The Argus soldiers advanced, their rifles’ laser sights all focused on Angela’s head.

“Kurt Moreau,” Angela said, “I haven’t seen you in maybe twenty years. You’ve grown.”

“So have you, Agent Hansen,” Kurt said, “You know how it goes. Surrender now, and maybe we’ll spare you.”

“No!” a familiar voice said.

Theodor Tesla pushed Kurt aside and drew his own pistol.

“Theodor Tesla?” Angela said.

Theodor maniacally laughed. “I’m afraid you’re not getting special treatment today. Not even a former Athanatos of your renown would get special treatment from me.”

“Well, I wasn’t expecting any,” Angela said, “I should’ve assumed you were responsible for this little ambush here.”

“Guilty as charged,” Theodor said, “Elias didn’t see the benefit in transferring the Polish units, but I did. Now prepare to die.”

“I think you underestimate just exactly who I am,” Angela said, “And what I can do.”

“Really?” Theodor said. “You just have one gun, and you’re vastly outnumbered.”

“Go ahead and test that out,” Angela said.

She looked at Alexandra and nodded. Alexandra got the message and hit the gas pedal. The Impala rocketed towards the exit.

“No!” Theodor said. “Stop them!”

“I’m afraid I can’t let you do that,” Angela said.

She raised her left arm just as the soldiers opened fire. She concentrated on the hail of bullets zipping towards the Impala and focused on a single thought: protecting Alexandra. With a flick of her wrist, the bullets stopped in mid-air and dropped to the ground. The soldiers stopped in shock at the sight, but Theodor didn’t look surprised.

“So Mina’s reports were true,” he said.

With the Impala protected, Alexandra crashed through the barricades and drove through the exit. After a few seconds of confused murmuring, they turned back to Angela.

“You’ll regret that,” Theodor said.

“Nah,” Angela said, “Try me. I’ve got nothing to lose now.”

Theodor opened fire, emptying his clip in Angela’s direction. Angela snapped her fingers, and the bullets safely whizzed past her. She fired back at Theodor, but he ducked behind a barricade while his men kept shooting. Angela kept focusing on either stopping the bullets or at least deflecting them, but it took a lot of effort, and she quickly tired. Her gun also ran out of bullets faster than she thought. She couldn’t keep this up forever. Keeping her attention on the gunfire, she slowly made her way towards the exit. Theodor seemed to have gone out already, in pursuit of Alexandra. But as long as Alexandra stayed in the Impala, she should be—

Seconds after Angela registered the buzzing of a drone overhead, she saw a missile explode near the Impala, causing it to flip over, roll over several times, and crash into a tree in a burning wreck. Angela lost all concentration when she finally processed what had just happened.

“Alexandra…” she said. “NO!”

A shot rang out. She looked down and saw an exit wound in her stomach. She turned around and saw Josh behind her, his rifle still smoking. Her gun fell out of her hand and clattered on the cracked tarmac.

“I…I…I failed…” she said.

Perhaps it was fitting that she had chosen to wear Hans’ coat today, of all days. Still clutching her wound, she fell to her knees.

“Beg for mercy,” Josh said.

“Never,” Angela said, “That’s not who I am.”

“Who are you?” Josh said.

“My name’s Angela Hansen,” Angela said, “Ex-Athanatoi agent, survivor of the siege of Vienna, co-founder of X-Division, daughter to Erich Hansen, cousin to Anders Humboldt, friend to the Crown Princess Elisabeth Alexandra, and mother of Elisabeth Alexandra Hansen. If I’m going down, you’re all coming with me!”

She pounded the ground, which began shaking. Dust fell from the tunnel ceiling, followed by larger and larger pieces of debris. Josh fired another shot between Angela’s eyes, but by then, the tunnel collapsed, taking with it most of Argus.

---

No more resurrections.

• 1Like
Reactions:
No more resurections indeed....Damn. I certainly hope that's the end of the Argus scum and Theodor, but perhaps I'm wrong and we'll still see em next time.

Damn it, we've lost another X-Division member, I think it's only Olga left now, and there's no telling when Josh will come after her to finish off X-Division. Oh well, at least Angela died fighting. Heck, if she was lucky, maybe she could've taken out Kurt, Theodor and Josh with her, through that's probably unlikely.

As for Alex's group, I predict their plot armor will be strong enough to see them through that crash.:p Even so, I fear some of them may not make it.

I wonder what the Lone Gunmen is doing at this point? If there still outside the Reich, that's probably a good thing considering what's happening. Hope they're still alive and speaking out against the Committee somewhere out there.

I imagine the MCU Thanos reference at the end was intentional, but something about Angela's last words gives off similar vibes to Maximus from Gladiator, I think it kind of fits intentional or not.

I certainly hope that's the end of the Argus scum and Theodor, but perhaps I'm wrong
I agree I hope that is the end of them too but a part of me does not think so. It would feel a little anti-climactic if that was the case. At least in Joshes case. I feel like he would go out in a big final battle with Alex at the end of this arc. Similarly to how I expect the final confrontation between Elias and Wilhelm to go as well.

I wonder what the Lone Gunmen is doing at this point?
Didn't they say they might go to Turkistan or Afghanistan in their last appearance?

No more resurections indeed....Damn. I certainly hope that's the end of the Argus scum and Theodor, but perhaps I'm wrong and we'll still see em next time.
Josh still has to kill Olga...
Damn it, we've lost another X-Division member, I think it's only Olga left now, and there's no telling when Josh will come after her to finish off X-Division. Oh well, at least Angela died fighting. Heck, if she was lucky, maybe she could've taken out Kurt, Theodor and Josh with her, through that's probably unlikely.
The original trio all went down doing what they did best: serving their country, getting the truth out there, and protecting their family. Although actually succeeding in doing so is another story.
I wonder what the Lone Gunmen is doing at this point? If there still outside the Reich, that's probably a good thing considering what's happening. Hope they're still alive and speaking out against the Committee somewhere out there.
Come to think about it, I've pretty much forgotten them until now. I've already written up to the end of 2038, so maybe I'll find somewhere to fit them in, if I can come up with something for them.
I imagine the MCU Thanos reference at the end was intentional, but something about Angela's last words gives off similar vibes to Maximus from Gladiator, I think it kind of fits intentional or not.
I was going more for Ghazan but that works too.
I agree I hope that is the end of them too but a part of me does not think so. It would feel a little anti-climactic if that was the case. At least in Joshes case. I feel like he would go out in a big final battle with Alex at the end of this arc. Similarly to how I expect the final confrontation between Elias and Wilhelm to go as well.
Alex wasn't a fighter and had no fighting experience so a "battle" between them would have been ridiculously one-sided.
Didn't they say they might go to Turkistan or Afghanistan in their last appearance?
It was actually Nepal, but we know how Nepal's doing right now...

Well Anders did say he had allies outside of the Reich, so if anything, I say the Lone Gunmen are hiding somewhere, hopefully either in the Eimericas or in the Sri Vijayan Confederation. So Josh is set to kill Olga too huh? Good luck with that, Olga's the Firebird (or whatever nickname she went by during the Cold War arc), then again Olga's pretty much getting on with her years at this rate, and Josh, god have mercy on us all, looks to be the beginnings of the next phase of those super soldiers. Damn, it's gonna suck having to see all the old X-Division crew get eliminated one by one.

Reactions:
Since most countries that aren't Han's China or Zhao's Penglai are outraged at what the Reich has done these past few years (althrough they are unable to unite to do anything against it) and cutting all ties with it, I have to ask: is the UN still based in Vienna? I don't think they'd want to be in the middle of the Reich after has happened these past few years. Also, what happened to Roman diplomats like Annie Schmidt?

I applaud Angela's last efforts. Now we just need to see who survived, both in the Impala and among Argus.

Well Anders did say he had allies outside of the Reich, so if anything, I say the Lone Gunmen are hiding somewhere, hopefully either in the Eimericas or in the Sri Vijayan Confederation. So Josh is set to kill Olga too huh? Good luck with that, Olga's the Firebird (or whatever nickname she went by during the Cold War arc), then again Olga's pretty much getting on with her years at this rate, and Josh, god have mercy on us all, looks to be the beginnings of the next phase of those super soldiers. Damn, it's gonna suck having to see all the old X-Division crew get eliminated one by one.
Olga would be about 66 at this point, and she was the youngest X-Division member so...funny enough, she would now be in the same situation Anne was when she fought Olga in 1985. Only Josh is nowhere nearly as skilled as either of them.
Since most countries that aren't Han's China or Zhao's Penglai are outraged at what the Reich has done these past few years (althrough they are unable to unite to do anything against it) and cutting all ties with it, I have to ask: is the UN still based in Vienna? I don't think they'd want to be in the middle of the Reich after has happened these past few years. Also, what happened to Roman diplomats like Annie Schmidt?
The UN is still officially based in Vienna, but I'm pretty sure the Reich would be the ones evicting the UN, not the other way around.

I have no plans for Annie Schmidt to appear (although I might change that), but I assume she was fired from her job, and she either
I applaud Angela's last efforts. Now we just need to see who survived, both in the Impala and among Argus.
She tried. Hopefully there will be someone to pick up after her.

I have no plans for Annie Schmidt to appear (although I might change that), but I assume she was fired from her job, and she either
I think you forgot to finish a sentence here, but I’m guessing you’re gonna say she either fled the Reich or was killed in this purge. Also, what do you think would happen to Gottfried at this point?

I wonder where the UN will set up their headquarters at since they’re probably going to be evicted from the Reich along with other diplomatic embassies that haven’t already been closed, China left and has becoming throughly anti-globalist, and India is in a bad shape. I’m guessing the Eimericas or Srivijaya, but they don’t have the same prestige and reputation as the previous three countries. Either way, the UN is not the global institution it once was, it’s very much in the same place the League of Nations was in.

I think you forgot to finish a sentence here, but I’m guessing you’re gonna say she either fled the Reich or was killed in this purge. Also, what do you think would happen to Gottfried at this point?
Yeah, that's right. I don't know about Gottfried and have no plans to bring him back. With his mind reading powers, he should be able to stay out of trouble and get to safety.
I wonder where the UN will set up their headquarters at since they’re probably going to be evicted from the Reich along with other diplomatic embassies that haven’t already been closed, China left and has becoming throughly anti-globalist, and India is in a bad shape. I’m guessing the Eimericas or Srivijaya, but they don’t have the same prestige and reputation as the previous three countries. Either way, the UN is not the global institution it once was, it’s very much in the same place the League of Nations was in.
I'm going to go over that in detail in the future.

So for the most part I have been able to make a world map with the Chinese Empire, Middle East, Europe, the Americas, and South Africa pretty much done by using console commands to transfer provinces but now whenever I do any more the game crashes. I tried to fix it by using a mod called “Better Nation Designer and unlimited points (1.29)” even though it says it is compatible with the latest version which I think is 1.30 or 1.31. However it started crashing again and due to me puting custom nations in a save game it does not allow me to have these custom nations bordering each other. Looking this up online and apparently you can have custom nations bordering each other in an unsaved game but not in a saved game. In a saved game they have to be separated one province apart from each other.

I mean I pretty much got the map done. I still have the Iberian Peninsula, North Africa west of Egypt, and the vanilla African states in the Congo, East Africa, and Madagascar that are not custom and I am not sure what to do with them.

Also I think I have a name for Tianxia’s Kalterkrieg (second Chinese victory) and Krasnacht (Syndicast victory). They are Mandate of Heaven and Red Dawn respectively but the only thing that I will probably do with them would be to give a brief summary on what happened between the start of 1936 to the start of the Cold War in those mods. They will probably be the last two of my Tianxia updates.

This is my third Tianxia update. It covers Arabia and Northern East Africa.

Tianxia-Legacy of the Great War:
Israel-Arabia and East Africa

SL8UcE8G-x1t01dtsI_Svp0XtdQvp-B7OqZVhzbQfG6RdscTsDiSax2_EEUbBaO_muZJypXMWY1ef6ElV3_Z_fQhhzBV-6d6mqAA2mSpGGt0jnQ9l-sElShdp4JSwofmAqQAak_W

Oman = Deep Blue
Judea = Orange
Jerusalem = Black
Hejaz-Israel = White
Yemen = Maroon
Mahra = Bright Blue
Egypt = Beige
Ethiopia = Blue
Oman
The State of Oman, one part of the eastern section of the former province of Israel-Arabia has been at the crossroads of different cultures for centuries. From the Pagan indigenous tribes and the arrival of Islam, to the conquest by the Reich in the First Crusade and the settlement of European Jews in the Peninsula. In recent times a large number of Indians have moved into the area fleeing the collapse of their empire. However, all's not well in the country as the collapse of the Reich meant disaster and the end of it's relative safety.

While the Roman Reich still exist to some extent, it could no longer effectively protect it from raids from it's nominal vassals. While Judea did make some raids into Oman, it still avoided an open confrontation, for Muscat as fortified and Indian relief forces could arrive from India in the case of a prolonged engagement.

Ever since the authority of the government has started to wane even in the interior of the country, and despite measures being taken to make sure the capital is safe, few doubt that Oman is still extremely vulnerable to encroachment by Judea aligned tribes and realms.

Judea
The State of Judea rose out of the ashes of the Weltkreig in were Zionist saw an opportunity to get more concessions from the Roman Reich, however, the perfidious Indian Empire lent its strength and favor to the upstart Hashemite Dynasty and Omani state, enraging the Zionist. In 1919, Judea started raiding and attacking Hashemite territory, sensing the turn of the tide against the Central Powers. While formally among the victors, Nejd gained nothing, and the Peace with Honor meant that all the fighting was ultimately fruitless.

In 1925, as the Roman Civil War swept across the Empire, the Zionist swiftly struck the Trucial States. Harsh confrontations followed as many leaders refused to acknowledge Zionist suzerainty. Acting nominally in the name of the Persian Empire, after 8 months the Coast was thoroughly under Judea and Zionist military control.

Since then, they have redoubled their raids into Hejazi territory and are ready for war; however, the Zionist knows that they cannot risk an attack while the Persian Empire is capable of responding. However, as 1936 begins, both leaders are ready for what is very likely to be the last chapter in this bloody feud.

Jerusalem
The Kingdom of Jerusalem is an international zone in the Levant, ruled by an multinational council consisting of delegates from Germania (representing the remnants of the Roman Reich), Chinese Empire, Shahdom of Persia, Kingdom of Greece, Fox, and Tawantinsuyu. De jure a part of the Kingdom of Greece, the Kingdom of Jerusalem encompasses the Greek Diocese of Jerusalem including the port city of Tel Aviv and, since the Collapse of the Roman in 1925, the Sinai Peninsula and the Suez Canal Zone.

The territory is considered a hotbed of Christian nationalism due to ethnic conflict caused by the immigration of Christian settlers from Europe, further fueled by the emerging Kingdom of Egypt to the west; With no great power having a real interest in the K.O.J. anymore, the future of the international zone looks dire, as unrest is rising with every month.

Hejaz-Israel
The Union of Hejaz-Israel is a state formed in June 1932 after Roman forces withdrew from the region after the start of the Roman Civil War. During a three year campaign from 1925 to 1928 in which most of the western coast was secured from other rebel forces. The campaign was waged by the Sharif of Mecca a Muslim leader but it soon became apparent that in order to prevent a civil war in the new nation the Jewish population of the nation had to be represented. The ensuing compromise would see the new country being ruled by the Sharif of Mecca in an almost federal state in which both of the two major ethnic/religious groups share equal power.

This would become known as the Muslim-Jewish Compromise of 1931 in which despite consisting of two political entities it would still have one ruler, one army, and one foreign relations department. The ethnic makeup of the nation would be north would be under the Jewish State of Israel and the south around Mecca and Medina would be under the Muslim State of Hejaz. However despite this compromise a growing sense of regionalism is growing in the country in which people still associate with their tribe/religion as opposed to being in a united nation and if this sense of nationalism is not implemented soon it could see the end of the union permanently.

Yemen
In the aftermath of the Roman Civil War Ethiopian forces crossed the Red Sea and into Southern Arabia. This offensive would secure most of the border south of the Union of Hejaz-Israel. However, ruling it would prove to be an issue. The solution would be to create a Yemeni puppet state in the north to try and stabilize the region. Its capital would be placed in Sana'a. In the 1920’s Yemen wanted territory to the north but clashed with Hejaz-Israeli forces where Yemen would lose but Ethiopian intervention prevented their complete collapse.

Despite being fully under the Ethiopian government instead of as an autonomy like Yemen the Aden Protectorate in reality Ethiopian power was only felt in the Aden Harbor itself with the rest of the area ruled by different tribes that pledge loyalty

Mahra
The Mahra Sultanate of Ghayda and Socotra might very well be the only Islamic state in the world. Ever since the Roman Crusade the religion of Islam has been in decline ever since with most of the surviving Muslims being ether around Mecca and Medina or on the island of Socotra. After the Roman Civil War Muslims from Socotra decided to launch a Jihad to try and retake the Arabian Peninsula and go on to remake the Umayyad Caliphate. However due to the interference by other countries and groups the Jihad was only able to take Ghayda and not the whole Peninsula.

Today the Sultanate is ruled by a Sultan who has absolute authority but for the most part is viewed as a buffer state between Oman and Ethiopia. However many of the more devoted Muslims are migrating to this new state bolstering not only its population but also the size of its army and as the Sultan is using Chinese military tactics to form a professional army and with the growing decent in Oman the dream of a Middle East united under the Star and Crescent might not be just a dream for much longer.

Egypt/Aegyptus
For years a growing sense of nationalism has been growing in Aegyptus and when the Roman Civil War started many Aegyptians rose up in revolt. Seeing all of the chaos around the world and in Aegyptus in particular, China decided to move and occupy the Suez canal “for global safety and security”. Despite many wanting to attack China for the canal, then governor Arruns Nipius Elerius knew that he could not take on both the collapsing Reich and China at the same time. Instead he decided to proclaim the Aegyptus Constitution of 1925 which despite being modeled after the Chinese Constitution still made him a popular figure in Aegyptus.

During the twenties a sense of anti-Romanes swept through Aegyptus with many wanting to change its name. After a referendum the country's name was changed to the more modern Egypt. Egypt would go on a massive industrialisation champain during this decade as well however a growing sense of conservatism and nationalism particularly among the Romuva Lithuanian-Egyptians in the country along with the Christian Right inspired by the Kingdom of Greece.

The thirties would see the liberals remain in power with a plan to go farther with the reforms. However the question in the Kingdom soon became how much power should the King have? Some people are in favor of the status quo, many liberals view him as a figurehead, and many conservatives believe that he should have more power.

With the decline of the Kingdom of Greece during this decade saw many wanting a restoration of Egyptian power. This has led to rapprochement between the Arabian states and Egypt for this purpose. Due to this growing Egyptian Nationalism anti-Greek and anti-Christian sentiment due to the Greeks being viewed as the same as the Romans, another power trying to keep Egypt down. By 1936 preparations for a great conference in Cairo in an effort to bring down the Greeks is underway with plans for a new Egyptian Empire to take its place even if the various political groups are divided on as to what that Empire will look like.

Ethiopia
Ethiopia ended 1899 by opening its own Roman-style national bank. 1899 would also see separatist in Kaffa wanting independence. This would set off a diplomatic crisis in which the Reich would support Ethiopia and China supporting the separatist. Due to mounting political pressure China was forced to back off in 1900. China would get its revenge during the Great War in which the Chinese Jinyiwei would instigate a rebellion in the country. In the inducing Peace With Honor Ethiopia would be rewarded for their betrayal by being given north Sudan and much of Somalia.

After the war Ethiopia would find itself in massive debt to the point in which Chinese political and economic interests had great influence over Ethiopia's economy. The cooperation between the Ethiopian government and Chinese Companies, although beneficial to China, does little for the average Ethiopian, and Chinese power shows no sign of waning in the region.

The Roman Civil War in 1925 would see Ethiopia cross the Red Sea and conquer southern Arabia in order to try and secure resources to pay off the depths. However, rebellion by Jewish rebels in the north of the conquered area would see the establishment of the Kingdom of Yemen as a vassal. This has led to Ethiopia's debt growing even higher leading to more loans from China. By 1936 Ethiopia would be so consumed by this growing debt that some have begun to wonder if the country was truly independent or just a front for Chinese Companies.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
So for the most part I have been able to make a world map with the Chinese Empire, Middle East, Europe, the Americas, and South Africa pretty much done by using console commands to transfer provinces but now whenever I do any more the game crashes. I tried to fix it by using a mod called “Better Nation Designer and unlimited points (1.29)” even though it says it is compatible with the latest version which I think is 1.30 or 1.31. However it started crashing again and due to me puting custom nations in a save game it does not allow me to have these custom nations bordering each other. Looking this up online and apparently you can have custom nations bordering each other in an unsaved game but not in a saved game. In a saved game they have to be separated one province apart from each other.
I was thinking you don't have to create custom nations. Load up a vanilla 1444 game and just give provinces to whatever tags have the colors you want (ie give France the territories you want to represent any country in that area). That would avoid all of the issues with custom nations.

With that said, here are my thoughts on the update.
*pagan
I think you mean Reich.
in the 19th century when Judea forces were decisively crushed by the Hejaz-Persian attackers and the power of the Zionist was shattered. Years later, the power of the Zionist rose again after they managed to take Riyadh from pro-Hejaz forces and established the Second Zionist State, also known as the State of Judea. This semi-independent state has existed in one way or the other since 1824 and consistently struggles with the Sharif of Mecca.
Uh...I don't think I've done much regarding the Zionist movement, much less the Sharif of Mecca. Definitely no semi-independent state within Arabia.
Although the fascist regime was in-game referred to as the Inca Empire, the official name has always been Tawantinsuyu or some variant of it.
This would become known as the Muslim-Jewish Compromise of 1931 in which despite consisting of two political entities it would still have one ruler, one army, and one foreign relations department. The ethnic makeup of the nation would be north would be under the Jewish State of Israel and the south around Mecca and Medina would be under the Muslim State of Hejaz. However despite this compromise a growing sense of regionalism is growing in the country in which people still associate with their tribe/religion as opposed to being in a united nation and if this sense of nationalism is not implemented soon it could see the end of the union permanently.
So like Lebanon?
Its capital would be placed in Sana'a until 1948, then Taiz from 1948 to 1970.
I'm not sure what this is for as this is post-WWII and thus out of the scope of the mod.
Umayyad Caliphate
So are the Umayyads involved in Mahra? How do they feel about Mahra's efforts? And what about the other caliphs like the Abbasids and Ottomans?
Jewish rebels in the north of the conquered area would see the establishment of the Kingdom of Yemen
Ethiopia's state religion has been Judaism for centuries so I'm not sure why they would be rebelling.

Otherwise great work as always.

I fixed the errors including Tawantinsuyu's name.

Uh...I don't think I've done much regarding the Zionist movement, much less the Sharif of Mecca. Definitely no semi-independent state within Arabia.
I changed that paragraph to make more sense.

So like Lebanon?
I did not intend for it to be like Lebanon but more like Austria-Hungary that would break apart in the 1940's or 50's but since Fox is already TTL's Austria-Hungary that could work.

I'm not sure what this is for as this is post-WWII and thus out of the scope of the mod.
I changed it.

So are the Umayyads involved in Mahra? How do they feel about Mahra's efforts? And what about the other caliphs like the Abbasids and Ottomans?
I was thinking that the leaders of Mahra see the Umayyads as a kind of "golden age" in were Islam's power reached the farthest both religiously and politically and them wanting to emulate that by forming a new Caliphate. I think the Abbasids, Ottomans, and Fatimids are in the Armenian region of Transcaucasia and are trying to protect Muslims in the country and make sure the religious tension douse not boil over. Any Muslims still in Mesopotamia have either fled to Transcaucasia or to Mahra.

Ethiopia's state religion has been Judaism for centuries so I'm not sure why they would be rebelling.
It is more of a nationalist struggle than a religious one.

I did not intend for it to be like Lebanon but more like Austria-Hungary that would break apart in the 1940's or 50's but since Fox is already TTL's Austria-Hungary that could work.
The sectarian tensions and religion-based power-sharing definitely fits Lebanon, especially for a Middle East setting.
I was thinking that the leaders of Mahra see the Umayyads as a kind of "golden age" in were Islam's power reached the farthest both religiously and Politically and them wanting to emulate that by forming a new Caliphate. I think the Abbasids, Ottomans, and Fatimids are in the Armenian region of Transcaucasia and are trying to protect Muslims in the country and make sure the religious tension douse not boil over. Any Muslims still in Mesopotamia have either fled to Transcaucasia or to Mahra.
And what about the Umayyads themselves? I don't remember what happened to them, but there should still be a few of them around. You can't have an Umayyad caliphate without an actual Umayyad to be caliph.
It is more of a nationalist struggle than a religious one.
Maybe there could be differences in the branches of Judaism followed in Arabia and Ethiopia, and that would lead to sectarian tensions. In my internal notes, I've been thinking that Jews in Ethiopia acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah (due to their Coptic traditions never having been fully stamped out) but remain more Jewish than Christian. Perhaps Arabian Jews see Ethiopian Jews as heretics if not Christians due to this.

And what about the Umayyads themselves? I don't remember what happened to them, but there should still be a few of them around. You can't have an Umayyad caliphate without an actual Umayyad to be caliph.
I did not know that they were still around. Initially I was thinking that Mahra sees the Umayyads as a goal to strive towards. They want a caliphate that stretches' from Morocco to India like the Umayyads.

Maybe there could be differences in the branches of Judaism followed in Arabia and Ethiopia, and that would lead to sectarian tensions. In my internal notes, I've been thinking that Jews in Ethiopia acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah (due to their Coptic traditions never having been fully stamped out) but remain more Jewish than Christian. Perhaps Arabian Jews see Ethiopian Jews as heretics if not Christians due to this.
That could work too. Similar to OTL in how some Christians claim to not not like Jews because they killed Jesus.

Last edited:
I did not know that they were still around. Initially I was thinking that Mahra sees the Umayyads as a goal to strive towards. They want a caliphate that stretches' from Morocco to India like the Umayyads.
It's kind of ambiguous and I probably won't confirm either way anytime soon.