The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not sure at this point.
I think either names would work at this point. I think Ghostrider is free to use whatever name he wants, as long as it makes sense.

Just a couple more questions @GhostRider124. I noticed that Yavadi seems to have annexed some Roman lands to the north of Transcaucasia, like the Soviet Commune did in canon. Do you have any reason for that, given Yavadi was one the side of the defeated Central Powers?

Also, what do you plan to do with Israel and Arabia? Are you planning on having them be separate countries or have one big Jewish nation in the Middle East?

I noticed that Yavadi seems to have annexed some Roman lands to the north of Transcaucasia, like the Soviet Commune did in canon. Do you have any reason for that, given Yavadi was one the side of the defeated Central Powers?
I originally planed for a strong Russia like in my first example but now I think I am going to do the option in were Lithuania, TTL's Don Kuban Union, and the remnants of Yavadi west of the Ural Mountains form something like the Belgrade Pact with Russia being more like what Bulgaria is like in OTL's Kaiserreich.

Also, what do you plan to do with Israel and Arabia? Are you planning on having them be separate countries or have one big Jewish nation in the Middle East?
For Arabia a part of me is inspired by OTLs Arab Revolt from 1916 to 1918 and Lawrence of Arabia. So I might do something with that. I am a bit divided on what to do with Israel. I do not know whether to have it under whatever the name of the Government in Greece and Anatolia is like in OTLs Kaiserreich Ottomans and have something like the Cairo Pact (Egypt, Arabia and Persia) take Israel after 1936. Or just give it to Arabia as part of TTLs Arab/Jewish Revolt?

Also how many Arabs live in Arabia in 1936 or do they all live in Socotra?

Also. Dang. Out of all of of those murders that Josh committed, those being Oskar, Diana, Theresa, and Jenna. I would have to say that Jenna’s murder was the most tragic. To be betrayed by the person you love. What is Josh going to do now to keep her ashes on top of the fireplace as a kind of sick souvenir?

At least Diana got to at least stick it to him one last time.;) I'll show myself out.

Speaking of I am surprised Jared is not dead yet.

The second “O” in Enonon flashed.
I wonder what will happen when the last “N” on Enonon flashes?

For Arabia a part of me is inspired by OTLs Arab Revolt from 1916 to 1918 and Lawrence of Arabia. So I might do something with that. I am a bit divided on what to do with Israel. I do not know whether to have it under whatever the name of the Government in Greece and Anatolia is like in OTLs Kaiserreich Ottomans and have something like the Cairo Pact (Egypt, Arabia and Persia) take Israel after 1936. Or just give it to Arabia as part of TTLs Arab/Jewish Revolt?

Also how many Arabs live in Arabia in 1936 or do they all live in Socotra?
I actually based the Turkish/Central Asian rebellion against India on the Arab Revolt, so any analogues would be better suited for Turkestan. For Arabia, I think it might be split into a bunch of regional warlords and a theocracy based around Mecca and Medina.

There are a handful of Arabs in Arabia, I think on the level of Jews in Europe.
Also. Dang. Out of all of of those murders that Josh committed, those being Oskar, Diana, Theresa, and Jenna. I would have to say that Jenna’s murder was the most tragic. To be betrayed by the person you love. What is Josh going to do now to keep her ashes on top of the fireplace as a kind of sick souvenir?
Uh...you know what, I never thought of that. I never mention the ashes again, so either he trashed them or kept them on his fireplace. Either way, it's creepy.
I wonder what will happen when the last “N” on Enonon flashes?
You'll see when we get there.

For Arabia, I think it might be split into a bunch of regional warlords and a theocracy based around Mecca and Medina.
Come to think of it I could have this Arabian state like OTL's Saudi Arabia but with Jews instead of Arabs or I could have Arabia be like modern Israel and follow Zionism.

Also as of me posting this I have just finished "A Long and Dark Night, Part 4" so I am now caught up with the rest of you. Let me just say I enjoyed every minute it took to get here. It has been a wild ride and I am exited for the rest of this story and am looking forward to the Stellaris part of this mega game as well.

Come to think of it I could have this Arabian state like OTL's Saudi Arabia but with Jews instead of Arabs or I could have Arabia be like modern Israel and follow Zionism.
It wouldn't be as religiously repressive as Saudi Arabia though because there is no Wahhabism or any equivalent in Judaism.
Also as of me posting this I have just finished "A Long and Dark Night, Part 4" so I am now caught up with the rest of you. Let me just say I enjoyed every minute it took to get here. It has been a wild ride and I am exited for the rest of this story and am looking forward to the Stellaris part of this mega game as well.
Buckle up, because the ride's not over yet.

Believe me I am. I am waiting excitedly for Josh and Elias to get what is coming to them.

Also since Brad was killed who is the Chancellor now or did Elias just take control?
The office is vacant, and all of its powers were handed over to the Kaiser and the committee (really just the committee).

Isn’t Elias the Vice Chancellor though? Wouldn’t that make him Chancellor by succession, the same way Brad became Chancellor after Elias killed Thierry?
He would be, but he'd rather stay in the committee as that way he wouldn't be as high profile and get personally blamed if anything goes wrong.

A Long and Dark Night, Part 5
(Another graphic violence warning)​

Basra - December 26

The plan was simple. The group set out from Baghdad in two cars: Angela drove Alexandra, Alex, Thea, and Magnus in the Impala, while Chris drove Rahul, Erich, Magda, and Martin in the other. They would take two routes southeast from Baghdad towards the port city of Basra. They would rendezvous in the northern suburbs. As the airport and harbor were currently contested between rebels and government forces, they would only stop to refuel there. Everyone had been equipped with pocketknives for their safety in Basra, and Angela had brought a gun with her, the first she had carried in 20 years. Afterward, they would head east towards the highlands marking the Persian/CAC border. Angela’s contacts would be waiting for them at a checkpoint in one of the mountain passes. But it was easier to draw the routes on a paper map than to actually drive along it. The Autobahns out of Baghdad were jammed with others who thought of heading to Persia, up to the point where the helicopters and fighter jets started shooting missiles and dropping bombs on anyone in range. Angela didn’t know how she got past all that, only that the gas pedal was practically glued to the floor, the steering wheel wildly swerved constantly, and Magnus was screaming most of the time.

She finally pulled into the gas station and cut the engine. Everyone sighed with relief.

“Maybe I should’ve driven,” Alexandra said.

“If you thought that was crazy, you should’ve seen Anders drive,” Angela said.

“So, we’re here?” Thea said.

“Yeah,” Angela said, “We just have to wait for the others now.”

They heard gunfire in the distance.

“I hope we don’t have to wait that long,” Alex said.

“I still feel sick...” Magnus said.

---

Chris approached the outskirts of Basra. He saw smoke rising from the southern neighborhoods.

“We’re almost there,” he said.

“About time,” Erich said, “Did you really have to drive exactly one mile per hour under the speed limit?”

“Just following the rules,” Chris said.

“Says the guy who broke into a concentration camp,” Rahul said.

“You did that with me,” Chris said.

“Nobody’s enforcing the speed limits anymore!” Erich said.

“I would’ve appreciated some more urgency,” Magda said.

“I bet you Angie’s already there,” Erich said.

“Glad I didn’t ride with her,” Magda said, “You know how she drives when she’s on a deadline.”

---

Angela saw Chris’ car round a corner and approach the gas station.

“About time he got here,” Thea said.

“Chris always takes so long,” Alex said, “He drives so slow.”

“Really?” Alexandra said.

“Did I ever tell you about the time he was driving us to that food bank in Lyon?” Alex said. “We got there an hour late.”

“Yeah, you told me,” Thea said, “You also said he made up for it by more than doubling the place’s supply of bread and fish. And somehow got his hands on enough vintage Burgundian wine to get everybody drunk. You said they didn't have any wine, right?”

“Yeah, Rahul didn’t like the resulting fiasco,” Alex said, “Especially the fish he couldn't eat.”

An explosion rocked a nearby building. Police officers and Imperial Guardsmen ran into view, being shot at from behind by Argus. Chris’ car swerved to avoid a hail of gunfire.

“Frak,” Angela said, “Buckle up.”

“What?” Magnus said. “Already?”

“We’ve got no choice,” Alexandra said.

Angela started the engine and floored the gas pedal. The Impala sped off, leaving behind a cloud of dust.

---

Chris swerved to avoid the sudden hail of gunfire.

“Jesus take the wheel!” Magda said.

“Um...” Chris said.

“Now can you please drive faster?” Rahul said.

“Yes, please!” Erich said.

“Okay, okay, fine!” Chris said.

He sped up, trying to close the distance to the Impala. Around them, the police struggled to fight back against Argus with its superior firepower, but they were slowly whittled down and driven back.

---

Angela turned onto an unpaved back alley, hoping to avoid the main roads which were likely being contested. The Impala lurched over loose rocks and debris, rattling everyone’s heads. Magnus had stopped screaming and was now content with just clinging to the back of Alexandra’s passenger seat.

“If we can just get back onto the Autobahn, we should be fine,” Angela said.

A helicopter gunship zipped overhead, its machine gun turrets opening fire. Bullets raked the rooftops and shattered windows, but Angela drove too fast to be hit.

“Goddamnit, that was loud,” she said, “I need better music.”

She put a tape into the car’s audio player, and one of her Walkman’s tracks started playing. Reminded her of Vienna, in a way. Driving through a half-deserted city while old rock music played and she was being chased by heavily armed enemies? Yeah, she was used to it. The panic attacks stopped long ago. All that remained was her mission, to get everyone to safety.

Then she heard a loud crash. She looked in the mirror and realized she couldn’t do that.

“You can’t save everyone.”

---

Martin’s head bobbed up and down with every bump in the road. He started developing what felt like a headache. No, it was more like a persistent pain in the back of his neck. He massaged the painful area. His fingers ran across his old wartime scar and stayed there, feeling the pain coming from right underneath it. Then something like a shock ran up his spine and into his head, making him sit straight up and look ahead. He blinked several times, and something like a heads up display appeared. It didn’t look complete, with all of the placeholder text and glitchy designs, but he understood what it was saying. He understood what he had to do.

“Good soldiers…follow orders,” he said.

“What?” Erich said.

Without another word, Martin drew his pocketknife and before anyone could react slit Magda’s throat. Blood spurted out of the wound. Magda desperate grasped at her throat but could do nothing, and she quickly bled out.

“What the hell!” Erich said, drawing his own pocketknife.

Before Erich could unsheathe his blade, Martin stabbed him in the chest and coldly looked into his eyes. Erich stared back, more in shock than anything.

“What…why…Martin…” Erich said.

“Stop!” Rahul said. “What are you doing?”

Martin pushed Erich back and tackled Chris, forcing his arms off the wheel. Two seconds later, a helicopter gunship zipped overhead and opened fire, its bullets striking the back of the car and hitting Erich, Magda, and Martin. Chris struggled to free himself from Martin’s death grip, but it was too late. The car slammed into the side of the alley and came to a halt.

---

Angela saw the wreckage of Chris’ car in her rearview mirror. As she kept watching in horror, it burst into flames.

“No…” she said. “Mom…Dad…”

For a moment, she slowed down, and she didn’t notice Argus forming a line in front of them, ready to fire.

“Mom!” Alexandra said. “I’m sorry, but we need to go! Now!”

Angela shook out of her stupor and realized her situation. She sped up again and crashed through the Argus line, the PMCs scattering away from the Impala. The Autobahn entrance was just up ahead and unguarded. As she turned onto the open highway, she looked back once more at the flaming wreckage.

“I’m sorry,” she said.

---

The next thing Chris remembered was being dragged out of the car. Regaining consciousness, he looked to see if anyone else had made it. Erich, Magda, and Martin were long dead, the helicopter's attack having riddled them with dozens of bullets. Rahul, though, was also being dragged out. They were tossed into the back of a pickup truck, which drove away under heavy Argus guard.

“You okay?” Chris said.

“Not exactly,” Rahul said.

“I think my leg’s broken,” Chris said.

“I can’t feel my hands,” Rahul said.

After what felt like a few minutes, the truck stopped. Chris heard the sound of multiple voices speaking over each other…like an audience.

“Special event!” someone shouted out. “See these kids be made examples of!”

“Okay, how do we get out of this one?” Rahul said.

“Honestly?” Chris said. “I don’t think we’re making it out.”

Argus hauled Chris and Rahul out of the truck and onto a makeshift wooden stage, where someone had parked a tow truck next to a large stake. Chris noticed the audience gathered around the stage were wearing their Sunday best. Most of them were women and children.

“The accused stand guilty of apostasy,” the Argus commander said, “A grave sin before God. Accuser, do you affirm the truth of your accusation?”

“I affirm my heart is just and the truth is as I said,” a PMC said.

The commander turned to the crowd. “These boys are going forth to be executed because they have practiced sorcery and enticed the Reich to apostasy. Anyone who can say anything in their favor, let them come forward and plead on their behalf."

The audience booed. The commander nodded.

“The sentence is death,” he said, “The guilty shall be made examples of. Let this be a warning to all apostates.”

The soldiers separated Chris and Rahul. They tied Chris to the bed of the tow truck, with his arms straight out and his legs together. Rahul was tied to the stake, and kindling in the form of gasoline-covered books and other papers was laid at his feet. Chris struggled to free himself, but the ropes were too tight. All he could do was watch the audience laugh and cheer at the spectacle, with some even eating popcorn or other food. A soldier lit a lighter and dropped it on the kindling. The flames quickly spread, turning into a roaring bonfire. As the flames licked at Rahul’s feet, The soldier drew a dagger and cut off Rahul’s ears. Rahul struggled to resist, but it was in vain. He refused to say anything. The crowd began jeering and calling for various acts of violence to be committed. The most vocal among them, surprisingly and horrifyingly, were the children.

“Get his face next!” a little boy shouted.

The soldier began cutting into Rahul’s face. Blood dripped down his cheeks, until the cheeks themselves were gone, followed by the lips and most of the skin on his face. The children cheered happily.

“His fingers!” a girl shouted.

The soldier nodded. Then he hacked off Rahul’s fingers. Rahul remained quiet.

“His legs! His stomach! Make him suffer!” the children shouted.

While the first soldier slashed at Rahul’s burning legs, others drew their own knives and stabbed into Rahul’s stomach, slowly pulling out his entrails to maximize the pain. Then they poured gasoline on the fire and stepped back.

They didn’t forget Chris throughout all this. While Rahul burned, another squad surrounded Chris. Four of them prepared nail guns and embedded nails in Chris’ palms and feet, bolting him to the tow truck bed. The driver raised the bed up, so Chris was raised almost upright. A PMC shot him in the side of his stomach, then took out a knife and stabbed into the wound. He refused to scream, like Rahul, and ignored the pain. However, he couldn’t ignore the priest walking around the audience, waving a crucifix and a container of incense.

“In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, let these sinners be condemned to hell!” he said. “We are but humble servants of God, carrying out His will! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!”

“Make them pay!” a girl shouted. “Make them beg for mercy! In Christ’s name! Jesus wills it!”

Neither of them said a single word. Rahul had lost consciousness long ago. Chris could feel his own life slipping away.

“אלהי אלהי למה שבקתני,” he said.

When it was all over, the children scrabbled among their remains for relics to be later cherished or sold at high prices.

Poland, near the Russian border - Nighttime

Wilhelmina trudged through the dark forest. She nervously looked behind her, fearing someone was following them. But she saw nothing but darkness, and heard nothing but the sounds of owls hooting in the distance and branches and leaves crunching under her feet. Franz and Joseph brought up the rear, watching more carefully, while Sophie and Justin Wassermann led the way.

“Was it supposed to be this easy?” Franz said.

“It’s strange,” Justin said, “We were expecting a lot more resistance. Just a few hours ago, we were tracking at least five Argus divisions in the area. And then they all just…left?”

“What do you think, Wilhelmina?” Sophie said.

“I’m thinking they were pulled away, for some other purpose,” Wilhelmina said.

“Could also be a trap,” Joseph said.

“If it was, we’d have fallen into it by now,” Justin said.

Wilhelmina shone her flashlight in front of her and gasped. She had illuminated a sign.

Добро пожаловать в Россию
Willkommen in Russland
Καλώς ήρθατε στην Ρωσία
Sveiki atvykę į Rusiją

“We made it,” she said as they walked past it.

Someone tugged on her hand. She looked down and remembered Friedrich was holding it. He could now walk, but with some difficulty.

“Mommy?” Friedrich said.

Joseph’s wife, a diplomat and ex-Foreign Division agent named Lisa, had been stuck in Tsarberg the whole time after the airports closed and the last few Nullification Acts were passed. Wilhelmina sympathized with her plight. She was separated from her son, but going back to the Reich in its current state would have been even worse for her. It was safer for her in Russia, of all places, and that said a lot.

“Your mom’s busy right now,” Wilhelmina said, “We’re going to see her soon.”

“Really?” Friedrich said.

“Hopefully,” Wilhelmina said.

They trudged through the Russian forest. Friedrich’s eyes wandered from staring at the patch of light illuminated by Wilhelmina’s flashlight to the trees illuminated by the rising moon.

“So where’s our contact?” Franz said.

“Should be…another mile forward,” Justin said.

“My feet are killing me,” Joseph said.

“Joseph, suck it up just for a little longer,” Franz said, “We’re almost there.”

Friedrich tugged on Wilhelmina’s hand. “Mom…”

“Friedrich, dear, we’re going to see her soon,” Wilhelmina said.

“Yes, my dear,” Sophie said, “We’re so close. Promise.”

A mile and half an hour later, they emerged on a rural road. A light rain had set in, but they had no choice but to keep walking along the road. After fifteen minutes, Wilhelmina saw car lights piercing the darkness, getting closer to them. A convoy of cars rolled up to them, and Wilhelmina could faintly see the Russian imperial eagle printed on their doors, marking them as vehicles of the Russian government. One of the windows rolled down, revealing a white-haired sixty-something woman in a business suit.

“Privyet,” she said, “Hey, Wilhelmina.”

“Yulia,” Wilhelmina said.

“Frau Ilyushina,” Justin said, “Sorry for being blunt, but why are you here?”

“The chancellor asked I escort you to Tsarberg in person,” Yulia said.

“Imagine that, the chancellor sent you to escort us,” Franz said.

“Oh, and I brought someone for the kid,” Yulia said.

The door opened, and Lisa stepped out.

“Mom!” Friedrich said, hugging her leg.

Lisa smiled and patted Friedrich on the head. She lifted him up in her arms.

“Friedrich!” Lisa said. “You’ve grown a lot!”

Friedrich smiled, happy to see his mother again.

“Lisa,” Joseph said.

“Hey, Joseph,” Lisa said, “Glad to see you’re okay.”

“Yeah…about that?” Joseph said. “I think I’ll need some vodka in Tsarberg, after the last few hours.”

“Yeah, that’s fair,” Lisa said.

“Don’t drink too much,” Franz said.

“Dad, please,” Joseph said.

“I suppose we should get going, right?” Justin said. “I don’t want to stay here forever.”

“Of course,” Wilhelmina said.

They got in the cars.

“Grandma?” Friedrich said.

“Yes, my dear?” Wilhelmina said.

She was still getting used to being called that.

“Are we safe?” Friedrich said.

Wilhelmina hesitated. Franz and Joseph looked at her with an expectant look. Friedrich looked at them with wide and innocent eyes. He wouldn’t understand anything they would try to say, but Wilhelmina owed it to him to at least answer his question. Friedrich was scared. Wilhelmina saw that. She patted his head again reassuringly.

"Yes, we are," she said.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm glad Willhelmina and her family made out it to safety with Russia, can't say the same about half of Alex's entourage though....
“Yeah, you told me,” Thea said, “You also said he made up for it by more than doubling the place’s supply of bread and fish. And somehow got his hands on enough vintage Burgundian wine to get everybody drunk. You said they didn't have any wine, right?”
Wow okay, this makes this whole particular passage even more terrifying after seeing Chris and Rahul's fate, that sucks if Chris is who I think he is...damn, that's heartbreaking. It seems history had repeated itself, in more ways than one.

Ouch, losing Anders was bad enough, but this update was pretty brutal. Sucks to see Erich get betrayed by Martin like that, especially since we've known Erich for so long. Guess that's related to the mystery of Martin's fake memories. Makes me wonder when Elias got his hands on Martin though, I wonder if this means Martin was brainwashed in Siam or was a willing collaborator to the Committee the whole time?

Rip Chris and Rahul, at least they faced death with dignity. I guess we'll never figure out that mystery with Chris now unless we see his dad at some point or something.

At least Wilhelmina made it out okay. Let's hope she manages to pull something like Otto, Sigismund or Sophia. Let's hope Elias doesn't get any crazy ideas about a crusade against Russia for revenge against the Soviets or something.

At least Wilhelmina made it out okay. Let's hope she manages to pull something like Otto, Sigismund or Sophia. Let's hope Elias doesn't get any crazy ideas about a crusade against Russia for revenge against the Soviets or something.
Knowing Elias' current mental state (or lack thereof) I can unfortunately see this happening in the near future or so, probably under some guise of 'bringing' Russia back to the Christian fold just like in the days of Basil the Bulgar Slayer and Vladimir the Great.

Knowing Elias' current mental state (or lack thereof) I can unfortunately see this happening in the near future or so, probably under some guise of 'bringing' Russia back to the Christian fold just like in the days of Basil the Bulgar Slayer and Vladimir the Great.
Worst part is that there is nothing to stop Elias from launching crusades against any other non Christian countries (basically the entire world except northern Japan) under the justification of reversing the Pagan Resurgence and spreading Christianity, and I could see Elias being crazy enough to want to conquer the whole world in the name of Christendom in a kind of new version of Imperium Sine Fine. The Reich definitely has the military strength to pull that off and there isn't really a united front against it. Thankfully the other Committee members don't seem too interested in a global crusade, considering their dismal of all the Schengen Pact members cutting ties with the Reich after the Indian invasion.

Last edited:
Wow okay, this makes this whole particular passage even more terrifying after seeing Chris and Rahul's fate, that sucks if Chris is who I think he is...damn, that's heartbreaking. It seems history had repeated itself, in more ways than one.
If history doesn't repeat, it at least rhymes.
Ouch, losing Anders was bad enough, but this update was pretty brutal. Sucks to see Erich get betrayed by Martin like that, especially since we've known Erich for so long. Guess that's related to the mystery of Martin's fake memories. Makes me wonder when Elias got his hands on Martin though, I wonder if this means Martin was brainwashed in Siam or was a willing collaborator to the Committee the whole time?
The implication is Sentinel or the Syndicate were working on something like the Panopticons back in the 1960s, and modern Panopticons just happened to be technologically close enough to trigger whatever Martin had.
Rip Chris and Rahul, at least they faced death with dignity. I guess we'll never figure out that mystery with Chris now unless we see his dad at some point or something.
It should be pretty obvious who Chris was given all of the strange stuff I surround him with. And remember how I said I would take up someone's anime-inspired suggestion of two certain literary figures being in college together?
Doubtful because Wilhelmina doesn't have the support base or even the reputation and popularity of the previous three, and the entire country is united behind the committee now. Her situation is closer to Prince Kirill's.
Or to eliminate the Romanov pretenders.
Worst part is that there is nothing to stop Elias from launching crusades against any other non Christian countries (basically the entire world except northern Japan) under the justification of reversing the Pagan Resurgence and spreading Christianity, and I could see Elias being crazy enough to want to conquer the whole world in the name of Christendom in a kind of new version of Imperium Sine Fine. The Reich definitely has the military strength to pull that off and there isn't really a united front against it. Thankfully the other Committee members don't seem too interested in a global crusade, considering their dismal of all the Schengen Pact members cutting ties with the Reich after the Indian invasion.
In-game, the Reich has literally more military power than every other nation in the world combined, and with a fractured Reich- and India-less Schengen and China having left the UN, there can be no organized international resistance. Nuclear retaliation is also out of the question due to SVI being able to neutralize anybody's nuclear arsenal in minutes, not even considering how it can level cities on its own.

It should be pretty obvious who Chris was given all of the strange stuff I surround him with. And remember how I said I would take up someone's anime-inspired suggestion of two certain literary figures being in college together?
Oh, I think I now know what you’re talking about, you’re referring to that suggestion TWR said while back. Wow, I’m really slow.:p Makes his death all the more ironic and tragic then, and puts his last words into perspective.

In that case, did you have any hints for who Rahul actually was as well that I might have missed?

>mfw the food bank fish starts rotting

So the Reich is world military hegemon, only internal rebellion can bring it down, but the chances of that shrink with each hour in the long and dark night. Or perhaps some alien/supernatural intervention is in order, if possible...

"And now, O men who have condemned me, I would fain prophesy to you; for I am about to die, and that is the hour in which men are gifted with prophetic power. And I prophesy to you who are my murderers, that immediately after my death punishment far heavier than you have inflicted on me will surely await you. Me you have killed because you wanted to escape the accuser, and not to give an account of your lives. But that will not be as you suppose: far otherwise. For I say that there will be more accusers of you than there are now; accusers whom hitherto I have restrained: and as they are younger they will be more severe with you, and you will be more offended at them. For if you think that by killing men you can avoid the accuser censuring your lives, you are mistaken; that is not a way of escape which is either possible or honorable; the easiest and noblest way is not to be crushing others, but to be improving yourselves. This is the prophecy which I utter before my departure, to the judges who have condemned me." - Socrates

Actually, perhaps the above fits better with Josh killing Anders...

Sucks to see Erich get betrayed by Martin like that
It reminds me of Olgas father who was also brainwashed betraying her mother early on in this story.

Also R.I.P Chris and Rahul after a while I should have known that nobody in this arch is safe but I still hold out hope. Hopefully Alex and the rest of the Humboldt's and Thea make it out.

I know you said her support is low but a part of me sees Wilhelmina as the only successor to Wilhelm after all of this is over.

Also I know that this is not 100% based off of The Handmaid's Tale but I think that it would be interesting if all of the events at least from the main characters perspective could be like this from The Handmaid's Tale Wikipedia page,

"The novel concludes with a metafictional epilogue, described as a partial transcript of an international historical association conference taking place in the year 2195. The keynote speaker explains that Offred's account of the events of the novel was recorded onto cassette tapes later found and transcribed by historians studying what is then called "the Gilead Period"." There could be debate on to weather or not these events happened the way the characters described them.

Last edited: