• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does this count as a diplomatic insult?

insult3yy.jpg

inthedark4of.jpg

"Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power."

--- Seneca

Discussion between Adolf Hitler and Wilhelm Canarais, German Head of Intelligence
December 24th, 1936
Berlin, Germany

Adolf Hitler:
The snow is really coming down out there tonight, Wilhelm.

Wilhelm Canaris:
Indeed it is, my Führer. What is it that you wish to discuss?

Adolf Hitler:
First, I want to apologize for calling you here at this late hour. However, I am very worried Wilhelm. I have been studying these intelligence reports from the Soviet Union and it is not pretty. Over the past six months, we have lost five key spies in the Soviet Union. The British have lost seven and the French have lost four. We are looking at the most brutal anti-espionage operation in Soviet history. They are purging their nation of foriegn eyes. What is going on?

Wilhelm Canaris:
We do not exactly know, unfortunately. In January of last year, Stalin sent out a public letter to the people of the Soviet Union. We acquired a copy easily, it was not a secret affair. In this letter he promised a revelation of unforeseen value, one which he said would rip deep divisions in the rest of the world. And yet, over the past year we have heard nothing of the sort. I suspect Stalin is preparing to unveil his secret. He is slaughtering foriegn agents to maintain the secrecy.

Adolf Hitler:
What could this secret possibly be?

Wilhelm Canaris:
We have no idea. Our agents are being massacred and those which remain are in hiding to protect themselves from the purge. Even then, we have still been losing agents. It is a bloody mess and we are totally in the dark.

Adolf Hitler:
I do not like this. I do not like it one bit....

* The door swings open violently and an aide comes running in. *

Aide:
Führer! Führer! You must listen to this!

* The aide places a small radio on the table and turns it on. *

*** STATIC ***

...ies and gentlemen, this is truly unbelievable! The Soviet Union has just unveiled a new museum constructed in secret outside Moscow over the past six months. The Soviets are claiming to have discovered previously unknown artifacts and manuscripts evacuated from Constantinople just before the Turkish conquest in 1453. These items were discovered in a secret archeological dig in Yerevan, Armenia last year.

The Soviets claim to have the personal Bible of Constantine himself. But that is far from the most important aspect of this news, citizens! The Soviets claim that this Bible, combined with other personal effects of Constantine, undeniably prove that the Bible was intentionally crafted by Constantine and used as an instrument of social control to hold together the collapsing Roman Empire.

They have extended offers to prominent historians and archeologists worldwide to come to the museum and verify their findings. If these claims are true, ladies and gentlemen, this would mean that the Bibles we all carry lovingly in our hearts are total fabrications, inventions of the mind of Constantine, hand selected to obsfucate and confuse us, to keep us in line, and to subjugate us for the benefit of the powerful. Incredible revelations indeed, fair citizens! Incredible revelations indeed....

Adolf Hitler:
Oh dear God. This changes everything!

(Basic Machine Tools researched)
(Nizny Tagil Factories begins research on Improved Machine Tools)
(Mechanized Agriculture researched)
(Ilyushin Design Bureau begins research on Agrichemistry)
(Census Tabulating Machine researched)
(Kirov Factory Design Bureau begins research on Basic Computing Machine)
(Guangxi Cligue Declares War on Nationalist China)
(Spanish Civil War: Sent Help)
(Basic Interceptor researched)
(Igor Kurchatov begins research on Faculty of Atomic Research)
(Japan declared war on Nationalist China)
(Republican Spain wins Civil War)
(Agrichemistry researched)
(Nevskoye Design Bureau begins research on Great War Air Carrier)
(Improved Machine Tools researched)
(Nizny Tagil Factories begins research on Advanced Machine Tools)

(KGB has 10 agents in Soviet Union on Counter-Espionage)
(39 Enemy Spies Killed)

destroyedchurch0pj.jpg

Last edited:
FIVE updates already!?

Am I late or what? :D

Hmm, you are going for the Blitzkrieg path. Interesting.

Great start, I'm onboard.

I believe the man behind the forum name Seigneur_Vauban is Dan Brown! :D He's obviously testing his new ww2 venture on the AAR reading grognards...

Good work, Marquis de Vauban, looking forward to see where you're taking this story. :)

This AAR portrays a worldview EXTREMELY antagonistic to religion.

Great AAR so far :p

cthulhu said:
I believe the man behind the forum name Seigneur_Vauban is Dan Brown! :D He's obviously testing his new ww2 venture on the AAR reading grognards...
No. Dan Brown is a horrible writer. This guy is not. :)

Lovely AAR. I'm surprised Stalin is even interested in Christianity! He's apparently less, shall I say, single-minded in this story than in real life!

1. Go to the doctrine screen, click on a doctrine you already have and click on the "Abandon doctrine" button. (It's where the start button would be if you were going to start researching it. Note this only works in DD.)
2. Negotations > divisions > click on a ship. (DD only.)

cthulhu said:

Good work, Marquis de Vauban, looking forward to see where you're taking this story. :)

AntiochusIII said:
No. Dan Brown is a horrible writer. This guy is not.

Lovely AAR. I'm surprised Stalin is even interested in Christianity! He's apparently less, shall I say, single-minded in this story than in real life!

I am, unfortunately for my wallet, not Dan Brown. However, I wont deny that there is a tinge of his influence on this work. The majority of it comes from....I am almost embarassed to say..... Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine. Twas a fantastic game, actually. Very well designed. My wife is HUGE Indiana Jones fan and she cherished this game.

One heck of a start.
I suspect things will be shaken up mightily during the period 1936-(????1953????).
And not just in terms of archaeology either. Those settings really should make things a challenge.
:eek:

By the way, i hope the authAAR doesn't consider the pm i sent as spam.
:D

HannibalBarca said:
Does this great discovery have any impact in game? Like dissent hits for major Christian countries?

That would be a good idea.
Seigneur_Vauban, will allied communist countries be allowed, such as communist China for example. :rolleyes:

HannibalBarca said:
Does this great discovery have any impact in game? Like dissent hits for major Christian countries?

Let's wait and see what the implications of these documents really are. Do they 'prove' that Jesus never existed? Or that he existed but was not the son of God? Personally I have never shared the belief that such 'proof' would devastate christianity. Believers would dismiss it as lies no matter how damaging and credible the 'proof' would be.

No, there is no in-game effect. However as you will soon see, it is going to become the main factor driving Germany towards war.

massdeception5lc.jpg

"The policy of Russia is changeless. Its methods, its tactics, its maneuvers may change, but the polar star of its policy, world domination, is a fixed star."

--- Karl Marx

Discussion between Josef Stalin and his key advisors
October 5th, 1937
Kremlin, Moscow, Soviet Union

Josef Stalin: General Secretary of the Soviet Communist Party
Maksim Litvinov: Narkom of Foriegn Affairs
Boris M Shaposhnikov: Stalin's Chief of Staff
Yan Berzin: Head of the KGB
Sergej Vritskiy: Head of the People's Commissariat of Internal Affairs(NKVD)

Josef Stalin:
Gentlemen, it has been almost a year since the revelation of Yerevan. Church attendance worldwide has dropped 25% in the past six months. The Christian nations of the West are torn with internal strife and discord. What is our best guess as to how things will unfold in the coming years?

Yan Berzin:
Comrade Stalin, Adolf Hitler's proclamation to integrate Christianity into the Nazi government has played well. He is using this event to generate great anxiety within Germany. We have become a powerful enemy which he has used to rally his people towards a war footing. He has used this anxiety to justify a massive military mobilization, including the occupation of the Rhineland. He poses a great threat to our nation should he choose to use his new military might against us.

Josef Stalin:
Do we know if he plans to do so?

Maksim Litvinov:
I think Comrade Yan vastly overstates the danger. Hitler is a demogogue. Simply because he uses us as a specter does not mean he intends to attack us. In fact, my sources indicate that he is planning a unification of German people's under the banner of Nazi Lutheranism. Ultimately, this will lead him into conflict with Poland and I believe that we can find common ground to cooperate over Poland.

Sergej Vritskiy:
The people and the local party bosses will NOT be happy to cooperate with these Nazi religious fanatics. It will dramatically undercut our support from below.

Josef Stalin:
Perhaps we could strike a deal that would be far more favorable to us than to Germany. Hitler is caught in a vise. France and England to the West and the Soviet Union to the East. I believe we can dangle in front of his eyes the promise of truce and he will bite, at least temporarily.

Boris M Shaposhnikov:
The PROMISE of truce? Are you saying we would not honor it?

Josef Stalin:
Hitler seeks to bury his sword in France. I think we should let him. Once he has done so, France will become a stone which holds fast. Unfortunately for Hitler, he is no King Arthur. When the Soviet army crosses the border, he will be unable to withdraw from France fast enough. We will be in Berlin in weeks. Germany will stand no chance.

Yan Berzin:
Weeks? It will take a month to cross Poland, much less stab into Germany itself.

Josef Stalin:
What do you think all those new armored divisions I ordered are for, Yan?

Maksim Litvinov:
Even if we assume that we can get Germany to agree to a truce AND she stabs deep into France, by betraying Germany we will cast a dark cloud over our reputation worldwide. We will be deeply despised!

Josef Stalin:
How is that different from the current situation?

Sergej Vritskiy:
I am confident we can keep these plans secret. We have cleansed our nation of foriegn agents and I continue to strive to keep it that way.

Yan Berzin:
I agree. My foriegn agents can ensure we do not walk into a trap ourselves.

Josef Stalin:
Then it is decided. Make preparations immediately.

Boris M Shaposhnikov:
Comrade Stalin, there is one more thing I would like to discuss.

Josef Stalin:
What is that, Boris?

Boris M Shaposhnikov:
The question of Finland....

(+1 Hawk Lobby)
(Spearhead Doctrine researched)
(Mikhail Tukhachevsky begins research on Schwerpunkt Doctrine)
(Basic Computing Machine researched)
(Barrikada Factory Design Bureau begins research on Basic Encryption Devices)
(Mengkukuo created)
(Operation Zet: Sent Assistance)
(Faculty of Atomic Research researched)
(RNII begins research on Basic Decryption Devices)
(Great War Air Carrier researched)
(Nevskoye Design Bureau begins research on Early Air Carrier)
(Basic Encryption Devices researched)
(Kirov Factory Design Bureau begins research on Improved Computing Machine)
(Advanced Machine Tools researched)
(Nizny Tagil Factories begins research on Advanced Construction Engineering)
(Sergej Vritskiy appointed Minister of Security)
(Boris M Shaposhnikov appointed Chief of Staff)
(6 4-unit runs of T-28 Tanks placed under construction)

(KGB has 10 spies operating inside Soviet Union)
(29 Spies Eliminated through Counter-Espionage)
(ALL SPIES ELIMINATED: Ongoing effort to keep this number at zero)

stalinplanning3yj.jpg

Ah, the man who snubbed me for WritAAR of the week dares to show his face! BACK FOUL CREATURE! BACK!

Just kidding. :D

Yeah, I dont like having spies in my country. So I purge them vigorously.