• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My Maternal Grandparents would probably go along their same lines as in OTL, living in and founding a Moshav, with Ultranatpop Austria being the catalyst for my Grandfather's move from Transcarpathian Ruthenia.

My Paternal... unless the whole Mountie Oppression doesnt extend to Isralestine, i bet they would still live in a Kibbutz for a while before divorcing, then my father and his siblings would pretty much move all over the country with my grandma.

At some point my parents would meet, then they decided to leave for Los Angeles, though in TTL, it might also be Berlin/Babelsberg, or wherever The Big Movies are at.

Then they might either decide to come back, or stay, their reasons for that were always obscure.

My grandparents were all from the northwestern corner of Germany, and none of them were in "political" roles, so I guess they might still all have met as per real history.

My wife's family though would never have met up as they were refugees from east Prussia (mother's side) or the Sudetenland (father's side) and her parents only met in the Ruhr area.

Here’s a question for everyone - if your family lived in the Crown Atomic universe, what would they be doing in the alternate 1960 of this world?

My parents would just be about to be born in Frankfurt and my grandparents would probably have the jobs they had in real life (Professor, laywer, housewife’s) except maybe Frankfurt would have ultra-modern architecture after being destroyed in the Syndicalist War. Also hopefully they didn’t not die in the Commune invasion :confused:

My family would most likely be a semi-factory owning semi-landlord noble family in the southwestern Finland.
and considering how the noble families are still alive and well in Scandinavia I'd imagine many of my branch families would also live around Finland and not go extinct due to The Finnish Civil war.

Well my parents wouldn't be born without WW2 because my grandparents were born all over Germany and wouldn't have found each other without WW2.

My grandparents were all young adults in 1960.

My grandma would be living somewhere in Prussia. Coming from a family of lowly bureaucrats she would be somewhat well of and would probably go on to become a teacher.

My grandad would be living in Saxony.

Mine would pretty much never meet. Guess my father's parents would repatriate to Reich in a whim, while mother's would do pretty ok in Ural, continuing to work at factories engineering offices.

Mine would pretty much never meet. Guess my father's parents would repatriate to Reich in a whim, while mother's would do pretty ok in Ural, continuing to work at factories engineering offices.

Volga German heritage?

In OTL my grandparents fled China to Vietnam in the 30s or 40s due to the Japanese invasion. As there's similar civil strife in China here, they still could've gone to Vietnam and be living under Japanese occupation. Or they could've stayed in China and remain citizens of the ROC. They wouldn't move to America, but there's a chance they might move to Canada or Germany. Either way, it's unlikely I would still exist.

My grandparents where either moderately well off or really poor OTL, in what would be Amerosulian Chile in Crown Atomic.

A combination of war, purges and the Andean famine would have probably got all of them if they didn't escape back to their families in Spain and Britain.

RIP any possibility of me.

My maternal grandparents would have still met since they both lived in Brandenburg, nothing would really happen to them. My Great Grandfather would probably survive the war since irl he survived the Eastern Front. My paternal grandparents on the other hand would be fighting off the Mexicans or would have moved to the AUS. My parents though would have probably never met. One being stuck in the American Union State anyway, the other living in Pax Germania. Maybe by a stroke of luck my Father could have moved to Germany, a reverse of what happened irl.

My dad's side of the family would be a red-blooded Canadian military family, similar to OTL but obviously more fanatic in Crown Atomic lol. My mom's side of the family probably would remain unchanged, due to them originally being farmers in either Idaho or Iowa, I forget which one. However I'd most likely never be born.

Here’s a question for everyone - if your family lived in the Crown Atomic universe, what would they be doing in the alternate 1960 of this world?
My Great grandfather on my Mother's side fought on the Italian front of WW1. Hopefully he'd survive this version of the war.
He and his family immigrated to America after the March on Rome. They'd probably do the same thing after Italy splits in half. I like to think my Italian relatives are living pleasantly in New England.
Not so sure about my Father's side. I had a great uncle who was fighting in France around 1944. Maybe he'd be in the PSA army when they invaded Britain. Trouble is, my Father's parents met because they were both in Japan during the occupation. His Mother grew up in Ohio, so she'd be living in Canadian-controlled Ohio, I guess.

My parents would just be about to be born in Frankfurt and my grandparents would probably have the jobs they had in real life (Professor, laywer, housewife’s) except maybe Frankfurt would have ultra-modern architecture after being destroyed in the Syndicalist War. Also hopefully they didn’t not die in the Commune invasion :confused:

My grandparents from my mothers side would probably be living a rather peaceful in the Karelian Isthmus, and my Fathers side would do the same in Central Finland. My grandfather from my fathers side would not need to fight in the continuation war as well. Since the winter war never happened and my grandparents from my mothers side would not need to leave Karelia and move to central finland aswell, the chance that my parents would meet and get married and thus me being born is very slim. With the Nordic federation and a democratic Russia tough, there life will be much more peaceful.

My dad's family is from Ontario and Quebec, my mom immigrated to Canada from Yorkshire, England. So chances are, I might still exist.

Although right now my parents would only just be born considering they were born in the sixties.

Interesting to see where everyone would be (or not be :p)

Speaking of family, someone asked me for a family tree for the Windsors ages ago and I finally managed it. As of 1960:

xDBXyfL.png

Late to the discussion cook but as great as I'd love to see it roll to the 80s, whatever you feel is best.

Top odds are, enough of my great grandparents died in ACW2 that my family doesn't exist. assuming not, however;
my maternal family might never have moved to Ohio, seeing as how de-industrialization in the area would prevent my grandparents from seeking jobs in the area; they would work agriculture in either Ohio (generally better soil, historically big farming sector and purges of farmers who collectivized may leave an opening as push-factors) or stayed in West Virginia (easier to stay, more relatives in the area, avoiding war torn northern cities as antipush-factors) with about equal chances. I don't know this, but I've a feeling they would be Coughlinite fanatics rather than Lindbergh Secularists or opposition, they leaned "conventionally" religious Christian through my youth. Definitely fond of Long, methinks.

My paternal great-grandparents are more likely to have survived ACW2 since they survived the Pacific, Italian, and French theaters, as long as the AUS is merciful towards US loyalist grunts. De-industrialization in Ohio might drive them elsewhere, like towards the South if they go the "Patriotic American" route or towards the New England Republic if they go the dissenters' route. My grandparents are right-leaning neo-cons/neo-libs, so I could see them fitting in to either Lindberghite Secularists or the NER Yankee Party.

in the off chance I somehow were born still, I'd either be a Lindberghite or part of an underground Anarcho-Syndicalist Cadre (my political evolution was weird), and probably dead on account of being super queer in the latter case (I don't see LGBT rights being a thing whether the AUS or New American Order win out, and I've a knack for not being able to contain my political leanings anyways)