• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
yea i got them but is there i file i can grab that says what the techs need to do because it would be a lot quicker then going though all of this to find what needs done

Well, if you want to do a tech tree, like say the naval one, then you can breeze through this thread and see if there is any related ideas scattered around. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "techs need to do," like the overall goal of the tech tree? If that's the case, then you have almost complete freedom in that regard.

Thanks again

ok this s what i need

i open a file and find the 1st tech there that would need to be change but the thing is what do i change it to there is no list anywhere that says what i need to call that tech what the description is and what the tech dose
ie. +1 soft attack

realy if you had a list of that you would get this done a lot quicker

and if this is just a free for all design then its really going to be messed up when its done

Don't worry about descriptions at this point, we don't need them for the alpha. I wouldn't sweat too much about each tech's requirements either until we get all the trees done since I'm sure they will criss cross across the different tech trees a thousand times like in regular HoI, and will be accomplished easier at the end.

If I had a perfect list of what each tech would do, it's requirements, etc., I could do the whole thing in a day. Unfortunately, it's there that we need the work. That is where I'm getting bogged down.

So what you need to do if you're still interested, is figure out what technologies you will insert in whatever tree you're doing. They'll probably stretch from about 1960's technology (poor countries today) up to futuristic 2020 technology or so. After that, simply put the names in (you can see my extremely rough tech trees as examples) and we'll progress from there later by adding this like the +1 soft attack and whatnot.

Also, talk to Packman if you haven't already. He can get you set up with the mod files.

right i will start looking though all this tomrrow (its 11:55pm) take a tech line and just fill in the names for now then

Dunno if this tech has already been posted, but:

Anti-Radiation Foam
This foam was originally used in civillian accidents to counter radiation and can neutralize even the most dangerous poisons, including nerv gases and such. The foam is completley harmless against human beings, meaning that it could be sprayed in to a building with humans still inside. The foam expands and fills every square centimeter of the room or building. The military used the foam for defensive means against nerv gas attacks and removing of radiation.
Inf. Defense +1

Last edited:
Dunno if this is feasible but how bout it

Rapid Reponse Birgade (US Tech only)

During and after the Cold War there were many small localized conflicts that required immediate military assistance such as Operation Desert Shield therefore the Army created a rapid response birgade that be transported
anywhere in the world within a number of days

New Unit: Rapid Response Birgade (weaker than normal inf divs but able to travel in transport planes)

generalbob said:
I'm thinking..... MILITARY THEMED COMPUTER VIRUS RESEARCH!!

We could have a 'theory' tech called..uhhhh.... "Military Computer Virus Use"
(Name is bad, can be replaced)

And 'application' techs that interfere with enemy organization, IC (all effects would be temporary), research, stuff like that. Nasty, isnt it?

ok, i did some reasearch and got a better name: Information Warfare.
i will post individual techs soon

More techs.

Doctorines:
Inbedded News Reporters
Already tested during Gulf War II, this idea proved to have a great impact on the way we see war. The idea ment that a few news reporters were selected and "imbedded" with the fighting forces of the nation. They could then broadcast the frontline fighting live all over the nation. The only down side was that the reporters had to be kept away from tactical operations and if not, they could reveal vital information to the enermy though their broadcasts.
Dissent -2%
All ground & navy forces -1% org.

Live Battlefield Images
With cameras on every weapon and viechle recording the battlefield and broadcasting it to the tactical HQ the planning of the battle was made a lot easier. Officers could now get live high-quality recordings from the fighting and watch how every next move resulted. The orders, however, still had to go through the radio operators on the field.
Inf. Max Org. +3%
Mtn. Max Org. +3%
Mot. Max Org. +2%
Mec. Max Org. +2%
Arm. Max Org. +2%
Requiers: OICW Tech

Improved Live Battlefield Images
By giving each infantry soldier a reciever the orders of the HQ could go directly to the soldiers ears, or only to the officers if that what was the HQ wanted. This, combined with the live broadcastings, gave the commander of an army almost full control over the battlefield.
Inf. Max Org. +2%
Requiers: Live Battlefield Images, Personal reciever

Infantry Techs
Mine-Warning Boots
Mines was always a big problem on the battlefield. By putting a small mine detector in the soldier's boots he could be warned that he as about to step on a mine by a small beep. When the warning came, steel joints in the soldier's pants cluthed togeather and stopped him from putting his leg on the mine.
Inf. Ground Def. +1

OICW
The OICW, Objective Individual Combat Weapon, was intruduced as the 21st century combat weapon. It was loaded with 5.56mm ammunition, had a 6x scope and laser rangefinder, fire-control computer, had a video camera recording the battlefield and of course a bayonette. It could also fire explosive 20mm ammunition that could be set to detonate with an airburst at user determined and programmable ranges.
Inf. Soft attack +2
Inf. Hard attack +0.5
Picture:
oicwcasing.jpg

Jetpacks
People has often dreamed about using personal jetpacks on the battlefield, but it has never become a reality. New technologial progress, however, has finally allowed safe jetpacks. They are, unforunantly, very expensive and can only be used in a very limited deal of situations, much also because the soldier using the jetpack becomes a very hot target for RPGs and such.
Inf. Soft Attack +1

Industrial Research
Jet Engine Firetrucks
By mounting old jet engines on firetrucks to spray the water on the fire, the effectivity in putting fires out was greatly improved. Thanks to the high speed of the water it whirls around over all of the fire, thereby increasing the effictivity. It has been proved that 2500 liters of buring fuel was put out in less than two minutes.
Flak Power +2 (I know it sounds silly but is there any other way to simulate improved firefighting?)

Technological Research:
Personal Reciever
By giving each soldier on the battlefield a portable radio reciever he could be given more direct orders by the HQ. The reciever was extremley small and had a weight of less than 50 grams.
Allows: Improved Live Battlefield Images

Oh, and more.

Rough Training Doctorine
This idea was to train the soldiers in the army tougher than ever, just like it had always been in the hollywood <A TITLE="Click for more information about movies" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||movies|AA1VDw">movies</A>. Most of the soldiers who voluenteerd or was conscripted fell out frpm the training, but those who made it through was tougher and more contributed to the army than ever.
Inf. Max Org. +6%
Mtn. Max Org. +6%
Mar. Max Org. +6%
Par. Max Org. +6%
Inf. Time +90 days
Mtn. Time +90 days
Mar. Time +90 days
Par. Time +90 days

Conventional Training Doctorine
This was the standard infantry training: most people made it to the army and the time to train them was shorter.
Inf. Max org. +2%
Mtn. Max org. +2%
Mar. Max org. +2%
Par. Max org. +2%
Inf. Time -5 days
Mtn. Time -5 days
Mar. Time -5 days
Par. Time -5 days

Electronic Techs

Improved Digital Wargames

With the increasing power of personal computers, many governments decided it would be more effective to have some of the more costly battlefield wargames transfered to computer simulations. While this has cut costs, and has been proven to work, many soldiers still believe that the best way to train is to fight on the battlefield.

Inf: maxOrg +2
Mt.: maxOrg +2
Mar: maxOrg +2
Arm: maxOrg +2
Par: maxOrg +2
Cav: maxOrg +2
Mot: maxOrg +2
Mech: maxOrg +2

This is also electronic, but it should probably go under the Information Warfare theory.

Communications Hacking

When the military began to use email to share information, it was not believed to be a easy thing to hack. But, as time went on, ways were soon found to see the contents of these emails, which, coupled with the occasional foul-up of email destinations, caused classified information to leak.

Army detectionChance Us: +5%

Bulletproof Jackets

Since World War Two one form or another type of body armour has been used though with the advent of modern
plastics such as kevlar they have become more practical and an essential item in modern forces around the world

Inf D +2

Thank you everyone for the techs.

We might want to add something about implementing the bulletproof jackets into the military system. I mean, Algeria has the technology, but it takes time and industry to equip all of your soldiers with the stuff. This is simply a small detail though.

Early Plastics-Since the end of the World War 2 plastics have revolutionized the way things are made allowing for extremely cheap items

Medium Plastics-With research new types of plasctic were found making it even stronger

Poylomers-Advanced research from companies like 3M and DuPont found extremely powerful plastic items witch could be used for heavy duty work

Kevlar-A poylomer called Kevlar was discovered and it was discovered by a researcher that when woven tightly together it could stop bullets

Bulletproof jackets class 1-These were early jackets first used by police because the could only stop pistols though many soldiers bought them
Inf D+1

Bulletproof Jacket class 2-These were heavier and able to stop higher caliber rounds such as large pistols but still unable to stop assualt rifles
Inf D+1

Bulletproof Jacket class 3-These jackets incorporated heavy ceramic pieces along with heavy Kevlar to be the first jacket able to stop assault rifle bullets though they limited mobility

Inf D+2
Inf Speed-1
Inf Urban Terrain +10

by the way i cant code these could somebody else do that