SWMH Upgraded: Map and general History Overhaul Mod for CK3

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Awesome, looking forward to this. My favorite thing about SWMH was the additional cultural renaming for titles all over the map, so I hope that's in the plans!

• 11Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Can't wait for this! Playing CK3 without native localization really kickstarts my cultural naming OCD :p

Reactions:
Cant Wait fo SWMH Again!

Reactions:
Always looking forwards to see an alternative design and high accuracy requirements, especially from a team/modders with such a high standard of quality as you, @theKing1988

Reactions:
I certainly would like to have a go at sorting out the Abbasid court...

Placeholder description for now, i will get around to creating a proper OP

I've been going through the vanilla files and fixing the many duplicate characters or other character/title file issues as I add more bookmarks to take advantage of the fact that the history/title files are populated for later dates as from what I can tell CK3 will just outright not load a bookmark if there's an error in a character or title file. So if you want at least you can use the modified title and character files from my bookmark mod to maybe save some time unless you plan on re-doing all the character files anyway. Though all the character ID's are exactly the same as CK2 so just porting over SWMH's files shouldn't be a big deal anyway.

Last edited:
All hail TheKing, baby!

Is this the start of perhaps something like HIP for CKIII? I would love that! Also, are you planning on cutting off some of the map like you did for the CKII version?

Are you working on a map mod for CK3, Thure? Is it secret?

Last edited:
Reactions:
All hail TheKing, baby!

Is this the start of perhaps something like HIP for CKIII? I would love that! Also, are you planning on cutting off some of the map like you did for the CKII version?

Currently HIP for CK3 is not being planned. Many of my fellow Co-Mods are weighing their options and just getting a feel for CK3.

I plan on keeping the Vanilla map projection and i plan on keeping the scope of provinces from Vanilla. So India, Burma, Tibet, Steppes etc., are all gonna have provinces. I'm gonna shuffle the provinces around a lot though, and utilize more Wastelands. My first task so far has been to turn the Sami Area of Northern Scandinavia into Wasteland, like we have in CK2.

Will this include new start dates?

Compared to Vanilla or compared to CK2? I plan on eventually keeping the entire CK2 Timeline. Is probably gonna happen in bits and pieces so you don't have to wait until 2022 to play SWMH in CK3

I also started a map upgrade. Maybe we could share notes.

I have seen your PM i will give it a response as soon as i have the time. But yeah, i would love to hear if you have any cool ideas

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I may be alone in this, but though I can 't play ck2 without the swmh map, I also can 't stand it to have names in a quintillion different languages. Game is in English, so I like all my titles and cultures in English. So I hope an all out English version will be available as well.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Currently HIP for CK3 is not being planned. Many of my fellow Co-Mods are weighing their options and just getting a feel for CK3.

Understandable. I mean, the game hasn't even been released for 24 hours yet... I was actually quite surprised that there were mods ready for download within hours of release, with some of them being rather extensive, like the Sunset Invasion mod. The work ethic of this community is truly shocking at times.

And honestly, I still need to come to grips with vanilla before I'll be ready for any major mods.

I plan on keeping the Vanilla map projection and i plan on keeping the scope of provinces from Vanilla. So India, Burma, Tibet, Steppes etc., are all gonna have provinces. I'm gonna shuffle the provinces around a lot though, and utilize more Wastelands. My first task so far has been to turn the Sami Area of Northern Scandinavia into Wasteland, like we have in CK2.

Ah, excellent! I thought so, but wanted to make sure.

By the way, do you have any early ideas on any guiding principles on county and barony density? Not to add any kind of pressure, I just like having these kinds of discussions.

And I was kind of disappointed by Constantinople being a single barony...