• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tech Noir Synth

Lt. General
24 Badges
Dec 15, 2018
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
Hello there!

The past patches by Paradox have shown us all just how important a properly balanced game is. No one wants to go back to 2.3 Machine Simulator, or the old Cybrex Warforge. From 2.3, till 2.6, the game had grievous balance issues and not all of them are fixed up until this day. So a lot of passionate players decided to work on a balance mod to bring back variety into the game and allow Stellaris all those things, which it should do in theory, but doesn't do well in practice: A wide variety of empires to choose from, without insane power discrepancies between them!

After lots of work by the community, Stefan's balance mod is now out on the steam workshop.

Why should you download this mod?

It fixes the energy market bug which Paradox reintroduced with this update, so you can now play multiplayer without fear of players cheating unlimited Energy. Lots of Origins and Ascensions were rebalanced. Synthethic Ascension is no longer the end-all be all. Psionic Ascension and Spiritualists are no longer a meme. And lots more!

You want to play with civics you normally don't play with, because they are bad? Then give this mod a try.

Of course, feedback is always appreciated, so head over to Stefan's discord, Grand Flotilla, and discuss the changes!

Link to the workshop:

steam://openurl/https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2096137740

Edit: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2096137740

We hope that the Paradox balance design team will take a look at this and learn, and maybe adapt some of the changes or gain some inspiration for new and reasonably balanced content in the future. No more Grand Herald, no more 6k fleets thanks to Scion Origin 10 years in!

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Seems like a good set of changes, but doesn't get at the root issues of how easy it is to snowball tech as well as the sheer strength of organic growth + pop assembly.

Would it be possible to incorporate:
  • Add back in increased tech costs with sprawl
  • Increase tech cost scaling similar to this mod
  • buff collatoral damage from orbital bombardment and invasion

• 1Like
Reactions:
Great work! I have also started work on my own balancing mod, but it's still in early phases (Boo AP Exams) so I'm glad that another group made faster progress on getting one out. As someone who cares a lot about balancing, I thank you since the community definitely needs one out now although I will continue to work on my own.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am playing this mod for the first time. A planet within another empire (Hegemonic Empire) not even next to me, overthrew their empire and joined mine. I have never had this happen before.

I am playing this mod for the first time. A planet within another empire (Hegemonic Empire) not even next to me, overthrew their empire and joined mine. I have never had this happen before.

This happens occasionally in vanilia, especially in 2.6.2, I wouldn't worry too much about it.