• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter IV: Munster
Chapter IV: Munster
Murchad begin to prepare his kingdom for annexing Osraige, Ragnvald manage to receive claims after years of hard work. Munsterians aided by Norman Sicilians conquer Osraige, king take as his personal domain. Family increased almost yearly but many of births were to Murchad and Brian, but Murchad anger Gunhild because a girl was born to lover of Murchad, he decide for avoid issues with Gunhild and rest of family to marrying his mistress in another country. Queen take revenge give birth to a boy named Kjartan Art, which allows her to keep her husband at home. Two years late, Murchad was blessed with another daughter from his Norse lady baptised with name of Brunhild, one of Valkyries. Brian and Emma are more happy than Murchad and Gunhild because none of them were unfaithfull. Unfortunely Desmond become independent and Murchad must act to defeat treachery of Tadg. Fortune has favoured Murchad which capture and imprison Tadg but king decide as renegade must executed, son of Tadg is placed as earl of Desmond

Note: This chapter is based on eight years of gameplay, some minor events I've forgot because these not awoke my interests, also without screenshoots, but next chapter will include one or more screens.

Last edited:
The little empire grows. And Murchad’s love life seems complicated!

Alright, I’m all caught up.

I think your effort to learn and develop your skills as you go is commendable.

I’m excited to see where you take this. And of course, the chaotic nature of the Irish kingdoms always makes for a good story.

Thanks for replies.:):):) CK2 not is so hard because Ive learn already game how works, seems interesting as my character reached 63(I am many years ahead timeline of this AAR) despite ill three times and having 9 children - another bastard was born;)

Thanks for replies.:):):) CK2 not is so hard because Ive learn already game how works, seems interesting as my character reached 63(I am many years ahead timeline of this AAR) despite ill three times and having 9 children - another bastard was born;)

That is good going at 63!!!!!

I not have updated this AAR because Ive feel as playing as Irishmen is boring(I am not fan of Celts) and nothing interesting happens on Eire. Maybe someday I will do a new update when something special happens, meanwhile I have decided to focus on learn better how to do playing CK2

A good day to all my readers

Ok thanks for letting us know. Look forward to either your next update here or maybe a new AAR. :)

People call Ireland "Tutorial Island" for just this reason. Mainly in the 1066 bookmark, it can be rather hard in the earlier and later ones. It's a good place for new players.

Sorry to hear that @Arnulf Floyd

I'd second what @Deaghaidh says about Ireland though - I found it an excellent sandbox for finding my feet in the game.

Anyway, I hope you keep on writing, and I'll keep an eye out for your next project.

I will posting a new chapter tomorrow, I present a short summary of events following last chapter:

Murchad dies at age of 73, ironically Brian II rules for mere 11 months, his end was caused by lovemaking with his second wife much younger than him. Dubilesc was lucky as Murchad, I play with him until 1109 when I switch to Hakon av Vedrafjord before as I decide as playing as Aelfwig, king of England and son of eldest daughter of Murchad, focus of second part of AAR will be Godwinssons(I love so much Anglo-Saxon AARs) and their attempt to be high kings of Ireland because they has claims on Munster

Bad news regarding this AAR

I lost save by accident when I want to continues another nation, anyway my Anglo-Saxon playthrough was almost ended because I remains without heir(blame elective monarchy and council:mad::mad::mad:. Yes I using Conclave, maybe without it enabled council not is so agressive) I will continues because I wish to start a new playthrough but in 1200, this year was in lost save(All will be different - Godwine is gone, O'Brien are a minor house and so far away)

No worries

If you can, you should copy spare saves of AAR games every so often onto a thumb drive (I usually don’t bother for ordinary ones). Has saved me more than once! Also guards against hard drive crashes. ;)

Chapter V: A New Hope
Chapter V: A New Hope
Earl Donnchad of Thormond is a Irish minor nobleman which descends from Brian Boru, this thing make him arrogant and proud, he not forgot as English are their overlords but they are ruled by a strawman named John Lackland, craven brother of famous crusader Richard the Lionheart, which provides to be disgrace of whole Plantagenet clan. Donnchad hates John because he was in crusade with Richard and knows as John not is a able man to rule England. Donnchad planning to marrying his son with princess of Portugal, but chieftain search a wife for himself, he heard as Kristina, princess of Denmark, looks good and have a passion for intrigue. Council begin works - chancelor is send to improve relations with earl of Ormond, marshall begin train troops, steward collect taxes and chaplain is at Rome for improve relation with Pope. Several days later, Kristina arrives at court of Donnchad - a young lady of Norse descent will be one powerfull and independent, age difference is almost 30 years, Kristina can have love affairs with young men.

Notes: Donnchad not was in crusade and neither know Richard in OTL, I've added because I want to explains why Donnchad hates John

We shall see if he has what it takes to defeat John the not very good!