• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Nikolai thanks for finding that link to Anonymous4401's initial suggestion! Reading through that thread and Coz1's remembrances remind me how CONTROVERSIAL the idea of such an award was at the time! :D

@The Swert I have a PC not 2 feet from me that still has the original files for Sforza, and I should still have all the screenshots too. Unfortunately that PC is untrustworthy these days, and liable to turn itself off after an hour or even 10 minutes. But gosh - Emperor Sforza got bored sometime after crossing the Urals. It was as close to a world conquest I'd ever done, and really I only wanted to create a Mediterranean empire in the first place. Endless battles just wore me out. lol My signature says "updated May 2013!" which I doubt is much of an enticement anymore. :D

Rensslaer

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
@Nikolai thanks for finding that link to Anonymous4401's initial suggestion! Reading through that thread and Coz1's remembrances remind me how CONTROVERSIAL the idea of such an award was at the time! :D
I also found a '08 birthday celebration thread for our dear @coz1 , a whopping 3 pages before the day way over! :eek: :D

• 3Like
Reactions:
I also found a '08 birthday celebration thread for our dear @coz1 , a whopping 3 pages before the day way over! :eek: :D
What...no link? ;)

That was a thing we used to do back in the day. Gosh, I barely remember 35. o_O

• 3Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
What...no link? ;)

Sorry, won't happen again. ;) I actually misremembered, the '08 thread was only two pages long. The '06 thread OTOH was three pages long. :D

Also, hope you've recovered from your appendix troubles. :eek:

This thread also gives me memories.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
What...no link? ;)

I think I had a birthday thread in my honour as late as about 2014… We should bring this back!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think I had a birthday thread in my honour as late as about 2014… We should bring this back!

I like this idea. How did the forum do this again? I know it got mentioned, but I can't find said mention at the moment.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I like this idea. How did the forum do this again? I know it got mentioned, but I can't find said mention at the moment.
Do I remember there being a birthday list somewhere? And then someone would make a thread for whoever it may have been on their day. Might be making this up.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Do I remember there being a birthday list somewhere? And then someone would make a thread for whoever it may have been on their day. Might be making this up.
I think there used to be one, a long time ago, before the forum got like a zillion users.

• 2Like
Reactions:
There was indeed a birthday list at one time (and it may still be in the threads somewhere...I'll look though it would be largely out of date by now) but the other thing that assisted was the old forum whatever you want to call it. Used to be on the front page there was a sideline that told how many people were online, who they were and also listed birthdates as that was part of our sign up information. That went away with one of the forum upgrades as did the birthday wish threads. (Of course, we were also much smaller back then so it was somewhat easier to keep up with.)

[EDIT - Found it. Rather easy since I linked to it within the fAARq. :D ]

Last edited:
Reactions:
[EDIT - Found it. Rather easy since I linked to it within the fAARq. :D ]
I knew I’d seen it somewhere! Thanks coz :D

EDIT: And look at that, it’s from May 27 2004. Happy birthday to the birthday thread! (What are the odds of that :D)

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: