• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
20200308182917_1.jpg
20200308182912_1.jpg
My first time creating Rome. The borders are horrendous, but still.

I was Sweden-Scandinavia, so all the blue in the new world is mine. Aside from that, Baluchistan, Kaffa, Dzungar, Nepal and Shu are also vassals.

I had Tombouktu as a vassal, but since he had lands touching the Mediterranean I had to betray him in order to get the Mare Nostrum achievement, so my OE is through the roof and I'm 10 months from the Aspiration for Liberty disaster.

Otherwise, I think that's my best game yet.

My little Denmark achievement run. Very casual game but I wanted the two Denmark specific achievements, so now I have 'The Iron Price' and 'Østindisk Kompagni Te'. Also did 'You Get a New Home, and You Get a New Home' where you need to expel 5 different minorities because I didn't have it yet and I never use the 'expel minorites'-feature really.
Now I have 40% of all achievements. Not sure yet what I'll do next.
eu4_7.png

Not an overly impressive empire but any means, but one i'm proud of. Started as Hisn Kayfa for the Saladin's Legacy achievement and used an ironman mod to change the name to Ayyubids. It took 2 restarts at the begging to figure out my early game strategy, which was to develop Hisn Kayfa so that I could take larger loans to finance a bigger army without the risk of bankruptcy. I was allied to the Ottomans for most of the game, even despite cutting them off from further expansion into the Mamluks or to the East, forcing them into conflict with Europeans that eventually whittled down the Ottomans Quantity+Offensive force limit.

Attachments

• eu4_26.png
    eu4_26.png
    6,5 MB · Views: 104
For those who don't want to open a separate tab or window just to see the picture.

eu4_26.png

I CAME, I SAW, and ehm.... I failed sadly.
This was my first real WC attempt and as you guys can see, I came up short.
From 1444-1622 (end of court and country disaster), I did really well and I was definitely on pace, but after that it went downhill. My late game execution (especially after 1700) was bad. I failed because of a lack of late game familiarity and not being sure how to beat the Europeans and their colonies as efficient as possible. I did learn a lot and I'm sure I'll be able to get the WC sometime in the future. I did get 14 new achievements so that's nice.

I'm gonna try to improve my late game execution + look up a guide or WC playthrough to better understand how to finish the late game better.
It'll be a while before I try again though because conquering the world is exhausting lol

eu4_9.png

Got the "Luck of the Irish" achievement in 1554. It was pretty straightforward. Started as Munster, allied France, ate up the other Irish minors, ate Scotland, then started attacking England while their armies were involved in a war on the continent.

loti.png

Who's little Hugh?
A young Englishman from Hampshire, soon to be an archer in King Henry VIII's army, wanting to show them evil French that Normandy and Gascony are rightful English land.

He knew nothing about the brave New World or the Triangle Trade though.

I'd never done the achivement called Sunset Invasion though I'd played the Aztecs before, so I decided to give it a shot.

It was quite easy to vassalize my neighbours and get the five Nahuatl reforms, so when Castille showed up I already owned the Aztec and Mayan areas, clicked a button and reformed my government. After 1700 where I'd almost caught up idea-wise to the Western nation I decided to launch the Sunset Invasion - and I failed on my first attempt having to do a white peace. So I waited a little while, got Quality finished and launched a second attempt at Sunset Invasion - this time succesfully capturing London and Lisbon. After that Paris fell, followed by Madrid and Rome, finishing off with Amsterdam. I got my achivement but looking at the map it felt a little gamey, so I decided to "clean up" and hence get a map that actually looked like a Sunset Invation - and voila

eu4_1.png

(and for the curious people out there also a map of the Americas with my vassels (Huron, Quito, Inca and Guarani)

eu4_2.png

My first world conquest, Timurids --> Mughals
20200402151507_1.jpg
20200402151547_1.jpg

Got lazy and decided to wrap up before annexing my last vassal, Deccan. The only thing of real note was Castile getting France under a PU in addition to its regulars, forming Spain, and becoming emperor for a scary-looking blob as I turned to Europe. The end game was a slog and not particularly fun; I don't think I'll be doing another WC for a long time.

Ardabil -> Persia for 3 achievements: Shahanshah, This is Persia! and Dar al-Islam (as Shia ofcourse).

Very fun campaign! I did reroll the start until QQ was not domineering or hostile to me so I could ally them. Later on, I allied Ottomans for security + I used some sleazy tricks to make sure they didn't conquer Egypt and the Levant. Ottomans had a huge army (because of Quantity ideas) but my army quality was clearly superior by the late 17th century.
Yes I know, I should have cleaned up some borders but as soon as I got all 3 achievements I couldn't be bothered anymore :p

eu4_12.png

Little bonus nugget: at one point, my heir died and I got an 0-0-0 heir looool. I know Castile has 0-0-0 Enrique at the start but I can't remember ever having an 0-0-0 heir in the flow of the game in over 1400 hours of play. Obviously I disinherited him :p

eu4_10.png

Next: I still have a boring Anglophile run to finish. Might do that. Otherwise I might do a smaller achievement run.

My Sun God run. After taking these screenshots I also got Sleepless in Seattle after spending twenty minutes grabbing Salish and giving away all my provinces in South America so I could move my capital.

That isn't Brittany in Brittany...since France was holding onto the last province I needed for the achievement, I punished them by making them my foothold in Europe. The only potential issue is mega-Brandenburg as DotF. They stayed Catholic, so no Prussia, but it was still terrifying to see 150K near-Prussians emerge from the fog of an unexplored Europe. I had to wait them out for a White Peace before I could finish invading France.
eu4_map_INC_1736_11_27_1.png

Bonus pic, wrecking France with morale stacking is very satisfying.
eu4_7.png

The Great Republic of Russia:

eu4_114.png

Abandoned because of that OP Prussia (Emperor and have Portugal in PU, fielding 220k Space Marines) - which was admittedly my fault for not grabbing Königsberg when I had to chance to. But also called quits because the mission tree is straight up lying to you. You don't get +5% AE if you are the Revolutionary Target, which neither the game nor the wiki make clear.