• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ve9aph.jpg

Wow, that's some very serious HRE you got there.

I know. :(

First the Burgundian Inheritance event fired. Then Austria PU'd Hungary then inherited them. Then a PU with Norway. Then a PU with Poland. Then annexation of Bohemia.

From the reddit thread:

lycanfire said:
HRE exists. Twitch
lockeslylcrit said:
Blame France for that. They got into a defensive war with Super Austria over some minor province in the Lowlands. France beat back the armies while me and Russia carpeted Austrian lands. Austria was so trounced that I thought was a good idea to go after them once their truce with France was over.
But France got into a defensive war with Sweden.
And right after that was was over, guess what happened? Yep, France got their dumbass into yet another war, this time an offensive war with the Brits for ONE PROVINCE.
By the time France's roidrage wore off, all three of us were depleted of manpower while Austria was sitting pretty.
"Herald from Austria: My Emperor, blah blah blah Revoke the Privilegia."
GOD DAMNIT, FRANCE

Yeah, at that point I pretty much abandoned my hopes of a European conquest and went East into Persia and India.

2014-01-14_00002.jpg
My westernized Chickasaw game. The new native mechanics are pretty neat, and federations are great (albeit slightly OP, since they can be formed at the start of the game for easy conquest of neighbors since they give +30% morale to the federation leader).

F3410A2FCB8316E58EF4F2A8146B5C1BD07FEBE4

I started as Burgundy, broke France, vassalized them, ventured into the Empire and now my dear Austrian brothers (the have the same Bourgogne dynasty) I will come to take the crown from you!

New 1.4 Trade nation. Started as the Hansa. Just revoked the privilage so now we have officially won... there isnt much else to do, but I'll keep playing it, maybe expand around africa.

My USA. All English Culture. My goal was to form the Contiguous USA. I started out Catholic, switched to protestant which put me through 40 years of hell, after which I steamrolled all the natives and took some parts of British Mexico.

I make a very nice trade income pulling from caribbean and mississippi.

9v10mKX.png

bUrLMnV.jpg

New 1.4 Trade nation. Started as the Hansa. Just revoked the privilage so now we have officially won... there isnt much else to do, but I'll keep playing it, maybe expand around africa.

Wow, I had started a Hansa->Hannover game in 1.3 doing some heavy colonisation of the new world, but the new colonial states have significantly reduced my trade income, by retaining american trade. Now I'm in 1586 and want to see whether I can still make money from America by overwhelming my own subjects with light ships or I'll go to Africa and then to Asia.
Which idea groups did you choose btw?

Wow, I had started a Hansa->Hannover game in 1.3 doing some heavy colonisation of the new world, but the new colonial states have significantly reduced my trade income, by retaining american trade. Now I'm in 1586 and want to see whether I can still make money from America by overwhelming my own subjects with light ships or I'll go to Africa and then to Asia.
Which idea groups did you choose btw?

Diplo
Plutocratic
religious
quality
naval

so far.

I took Gabu from mali.. and that's the extent of my 'colonies'.

I doubted if I could do it after vassal feeding was nerfed, but thanks to my core cost idea, the Admin idea group, and my 6 ADM ruler, I was able to core all of India. Now I just need to annex Georgia and take that one Lithuanian Black Sea province, and I'll be happy with my borders...however, Georgia is allied with Russia and Lithuania, and Lithuania is allied with the HRE...

eu4_317.jpg

eu4_318.jpg

I'll see your Iroquois and raise you mine :D

g2j0.png

Ironman Iroquois game, 1591. Initial goals completed: entire Atlantic and Pacific coastline colonized before the Europeans could reach it (no filthy white cross-lover has ever set its foot in the sacred North American soil) and westernization completed, less than a decade ago. Next goals: liberate Central and South America while colonizing the American interior. Ultimate goal: "colonize" Europe with fire and arrows.

I know I have an extremely ugly country with a totally stupid landmass (I look like a huge out-of-place Chile), but colonizing any province that *wasn't* a coastline would have been a fatal mistake until now.

*Fun facts*
-Totemist religion + Deus Vult + Exploration ideas CB = CB against every single tag, even the other tribes.
-I have been the leader in Income and Navy for quite some decades, even before westernizing. So whenever Europeans DoW'd me, I sunk their ships for a while until they accepted to take a payment and leave me be.
-The Gulf of St. Lawrence is an amazing home node; you can direct the trade of the whole American continent there easily, if your navy is big enough. It's by far the biggest trade node now and the Western Europe node is dirt poor (around 1.5), mostly because my war canoes steal all the Caribbean trade while the white pigs weep like an old woman whose grandsons have been eaten by bears.
-Castile and Portugal rivaled me for a while, but Portugal now just feels threatened. The rest of Europe doesn't care.

I'll see your Iroquois and raise you mine :D

g2j0.png

Ironman Iroquois game, 1591. Initial goals completed: entire Atlantic and Pacific coastline colonized before the Europeans could reach it (no filthy white cross-lover has ever set its foot in the sacred North American soil) and westernization completed, less than a decade ago. Next goals: liberate Central and South America while colonizing the American interior. Ultimate goal: "colonize" Europe with fire and arrows.

I know I have an extremely ugly country with a totally stupid landmass (I look like a huge out-of-place Chile), but colonizing any province that *wasn't* a coastline would have been a fatal mistake until now.

*Fun facts*
-Totemist religion + Deus Vult + Exploration ideas CB = CB against every single tag, even the other tribes.
-I have been the leader in Income and Navy for quite some decades, even before westernizing. So whenever Europeans DoW'd me, I sunk their ships for a while until they accepted to take a payment and leave me be.
-The Gulf of St. Lawrence is an amazing home node; you can direct the trade of the whole American continent there easily, if your navy is big enough. It's by far the biggest trade node now and the Western Europe node is dirt poor (around 1.5), mostly because my war canoes steal all the Caribbean trade while the white pigs weep like an old woman whose grandsons have been eaten by bears.
-Castile and Portugal rivaled me for a while, but Portugal now just feels threatened. The rest of Europe doesn't care.

How'd you colonize all that land so quickly?