• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was trying to play PV for FtG ver1.3. But whenever I load a savefile, I will always be assigned Ottoman Empire but not the country I was playing as.. Any suggestions to fix this problem will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Had the same problem, but I found 2 simple solutions:
1- Go to the multiplayer section of the menu, change the name and head to the savefile again. If you find it too anoying to do this every time then...
2-The Ottomans are chosen because they are the furthest to the right, so before starting a game leave your country there instead.

I updated my FTG to the 1.3 beta and after that a lot of countries are randomly missing their shields in the 1419 beginning scenario, while in other savegames from before 1.3 the countries missing their shields are not the same ones. Any idea what might be causing this?

That's true but all shields appear fine on mine. I'd suggest to reinstall the game. Make sure you install all the patches. The installation should be executed as follows:

FTG main
FTG 1.1
FTG 1.2
FTG 1.3b.
PV and other 1.3-compliant mods

The checksum of PV (visible at the top left corner of the screen) is BOMA.

Found a small bug:

The "260166. Kongo and Christianity" event for Portugal doesn´t fire the "203004. Afonso I converts Kongo to Christianity" event for kongo as it should according to the agceep event documentation for portugal.

Also I found malacca before 1498 and Im now at 1511 and neither the "60003. The Portuguese covet Malacca" or "227003. The Portuguese covet Malacca" have fired yet even tho as far as I know all the triggers are met.

Last edited:
Also I found malacca before 1498 and Im now at 1511 and neither the "60003. The Portuguese covet Malacca" or "227003. The Portuguese covet Malacca" have fired yet even tho as far as I know all the triggers are met.

You as POR own and control either Goa or Cochin? Malacca province is owned and Johor province is owned and controlled by Malacca? Event 18012 Commercial conflict in the indian ocean has already fired? Event 260051 Discovery of the Straits of Malacca has already fired?

Welsh bug

When in the options "Independent Wales" is set ON the game crashes with the error that welsh is an unknown culture, probably because in the new versions of FtG the culture used there has become "breton".

Change in file
1419_WLS_Wales.inc

Code:
#Wales - Option

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

country = {
	tag = WLS
	ai = "SmallTrade0.ai"
	colonialattempts = 0
	colonialnation = yes
	major = no
	colonists = 0
	cancelledloans = 0
	extendedloans = 0
	treasury = 75
	inflation = 0
	merchants = 0
	religion = { type = catholic }
	culture = { type = [color=red]welsh[/color][color=yellow]breton[/color] }

Last edited:
Got the latest 1.3 FTG yeah.

And yes all those triggers are fullfilled.

In the malaccan MLC events 60003 and 227003 the province ID for Cochin is still the old one from the vanilla map (573) and in the PV map it should be 1965 to work.

Last edited: