• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If someone could try continuing my game for a couple years and tell me if they experience any CTDs, it might help narrow down the bug.

We already have narrowed down the bug somewhat. As far as I understand you it started after you changed from Kara Koyounlu to the Safavids.

We already have narrowed down the bug somewhat. As far as I understand you it started after you changed from Kara Koyounlu to the Safavids.

It would be correct to say - it was first observed while playing as the Safavids. That's really the only thing we can say for sure right now.

Looking at the save file, I transformed from the Kara Koyounlu to the Safavids back in May 1485; and now it's 1522.
So it could be related, it could not.
It could have something to do with my current country, it could be Incas in South America that have grown OUT_OF_BOUNDS for all I know.

And I've never got as far as 1522 in any of my other games in Plvs Vltra, so it's impossible to say how game-specific this bug may or may not be. It might help though if someone tries it and sees if they end up getting the CTDs. If they don't, then perhaps it's just a problem with my installation.

Last edited:
I think the CTD is related to an ongoing siege because it always happens on different dates. I removed all wars from the save and the CTD no longer occurs.

Attachments

• Save Games.zip
    604,9 KB · Views: 24
No luck guys, still CTDs; although at least you solved my other problem - the Mameluks declaring war on me at the most inopportune time, when I had my force arrayed and ready to take Fars by storm :D

I think it may have something to do with one of my armies though that I have in Iraq. I'll try disbanding them all next time I fire up the save.

I think the CTD is related to an ongoing siege because it always happens on different dates. I removed all wars from the save and the CTD no longer occurs.

Speaking of his KaraKoyounlu game: Could the CoT and capital graphics be moved? They overlap so the cot can´t be seen and is often displayed when clicking on the capital, e.g. to show cores in the political map.

bugged game

A handsoff (using NEY and columbus) testgame as Lanka doing nothing at all using yearly autosaves to see what the last year without crash was.
Reloading the autosave leads to a onsistent crash on 27.04.1458 for me. Saving between January and 27.04. and reloading still crashes on the 27.04. in my game.

Edit: File removed as I exceeded my upload limit.

Edit: Strange - when I slow down the gamespeed to the slowest the game does continue beyond the 27th.

Last edited:
I don't know why but in my game, one of the Chinese province called Kuei-chou has too much revolt risk.
It says it is due to the event. I think it is related to a Le Loi's rebellion event. May the event is twisted..?

Thanks. However, whenever I either 1419_Provinces_Misc.inc or provinces.txt, the game crashes right after I choose the nation(during the loading). Can you upload the fixed 1419_Provinces_Misc.inc file? Because a 1419_province file attached in 'http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post16838169' here is not changed. It still has province number '1554'

Thanks. However, whenever I either 1419_Provinces_Misc.inc or provinces.txt, the game crashes right after I choose the nation(during the loading). Can you upload the fixed 1419_Provinces_Misc.inc file? Because a 1419_province file attached in 'http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post16838169' here is not changed. It still has province number '1554'

Those files are those that I modified for AGCEEP (not PV) to show what changes I meant for the whole LeLoi-event sequence, not just the bugfix. In AGCEEP proper 1554 is the right province ID to use for that revoltrisk.
If you only want the revoltrisk in the right province simply open your 1419_Provinces_Misc.inc file with a text editor like Notepad and exchange the lines as described in my post. However changing only the RR would mean eternal RR in those 2 provinces as the RR is lowered by chinese events that would need to be changed too.

Edit:
In case you have not made a backup of your file before overwriting it with the files from my post 130 I have the 1419_Provinces_Misc.inc file attached.

Edit: And I tried a quick mod of the PV China event and scenariodefinition files so here is a zip of all 3 for PV. If there´s problems with China with those files please notify me.

Attachments

• PVMing.zip
    42,3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
There is a bug in the revoltrisk setup of the 1419 scenario for Switzerland.

From
1419_Provinces_Misc.inc
province = { id = 388 nationalism = { year = 1415 month = january day = 1 } } #Bern, Aargau conquered by Swiss in 1415

It´s correct that Aargau was only conquered by the "Old eight Communities"/Old Switzerland in 1415. However in the current setup they have a national core on province 388. You can´t have nationalism in provinces you have a national core on so that line is simply ignored by the game.

Possible solutions:
If you want the RR to be in province 388 then you have to remove the national core and reduce it to a claimcore as the other 2 provinces - would make sense, as Switzerland in 1419 was really tiny and did not control even half of the area of the 3 provinces it has at the start.

OR leave the national core on 388 as the capital and remove the RR from 388 and instead have RR in 1612 and 1929 to simulate that Aargau was only recently conquered (1415) and Thurgau was still ruled by the Habsburgs until 1460.

german WIKI for a more accurate date of the annexation of Aargau late in 1415:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geschichte_des_Kantons_Aargau#Eroberung_des_Aargaus

WIKI article in german that has two maps showing the (later) expansion of Switzerland that in 1419 had not yet happened:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acht_Alte_Orte

My personal take on it would be the harshest for Switzerland but still manageable even for the AI:

in 1419_HEL_Switzerland:

no national provinces at all, only claimcores that later become national cores:
Code:
claimedprovinces = {
		388 1612 1929
	}

in 1419_Provinces_Misc.inc
Code:
province = { id = 388 nationalism = { year = 1416 month = january day = 1 } } #Neuenburg and Wallis
province = { id = 1612 nationalism = { year = 1415 month = july day = 22 } } #Bern province, Aargau conquered by Swiss in 1415
province = { id = 1929 nationalism = { year = 1419 month = january day = 1 } } #Thurgau and other cantons were aquired only in 1460

Last edited:
I'm playing with Baden. It is 1582 and Spain is at war with Portugal and Inca Empire. Because of the war or event, Spanish rebels almost captured every province of Spain. Suddenly a message saying Spanish government overthrowend pops up and game got CTD...
It is bad I cannot change the major country in FTG. If I could, I would change the country to Spain and see what is the problem:(

I'm playing with Baden. It is 1582 and Spain is at war with Portugal and Inca Empire. Because of the war or event, Spanish rebels almost captured every province of Spain. Suddenly a message saying Spanish government overthrowend pops up and game got CTD...
It is bad I cannot change the major country in FTG. If I could, I would change the country to Spain and see what is the problem:(

I remember you could get around that in EU2.
e.g. currently you have a savegame of your game as Baden. When you are in the game screen where you select which game you load you normally can rightcklick on your shield to select another country to be loaded as your playing country.

When the country you want (Spain) is not listed try this:
Start a game as Spain. From within the game as Spain load the savegame of your Baden.

Mainz (MAI) is a bishopric but can enter royal marriages. It´s tag MAI needs to be added to the list of states that can´t enter royal marriages in religions_special.txt

Code:
#Bishoprics
AQU BRE KOL MAG [color=yellow]MAI[/color] MUN PAP SLZ STR TRN TRR UTR WRZ

It's very quiet indeed so much so that I've decided that a totally new map is impossible to achieve.

As for future mod development, I have already migrated the PV mod to WaTK 3.1 (though not published yet) and am planning to modify this map a little. Since you're very familiar with AGCEEP, would you like to offer your suggestions on the provinces that should be included/omitted?