• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In the version of PV that has version 1.3.1 in the mod_Plvs_Vltra.txt is still a cultural bug.

When changing the "Independent Wales" option in the settings to ON the game mentions an error and if ignoring that error the independant Wales as a state has NO culture while it´s province has breton culture.

Change needed to the file
1419_WLS_Wales.inc

Code:
country = {
	tag = WLS
	ai = "SmallTrade0.ai"
	colonialattempts = 0
	colonialnation = yes
	major = no
	colonists = 0
	cancelledloans = 0
	extendedloans = 0
	treasury = 75
	inflation = 0
	merchants = 0
	religion = { type = catholic }
	culture = { type = [color=red]welsh[/color][color=yellow]breton[/color] }
	diplomacy = {
		relation = { tag = ENG value = 25 }
	}

Edit: Attached changed file.

Attachments

• 1419_WLS_Wales.zip
    1,2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Likely bugs discovered using the geographical mapmode:

province 1554 Canton has region Indochina despite being surrounded by region china,
" 273 Tavastland has region Eastern Europe despite being surrounded by region Scandinavia
" 516 Ceric has area "Baikal" despite being far away from the Baikal sea or the other province in that area.

to be changed like this:

Code:
province = {
	id = 1554
	name = "PROV_Kuei-chou"
	continent = "Asia"
	region = "[color=red]Indochina[/color][color=yellow]China[/color]"
	area = "Canton"
	type = inland
	terrain = plains
	size_modifier = 0
	climate = tropical
	religion = confucian
	culture = han
	manpower = 5
	income = 11
	goods = tobacco
	city_name = "CITY_Kuei-chou"
	cot_modifier = 0
	colonization_difficulty = 5
	natives = {
		combat = 0
		ferocity = 0
		efficiency = 0
		tp_negotiation = 0
		tolerance = 0
	}
	gfx = {
		city = { x = 15225 y = 3379 }
		army = { x = 15147 y = 3419 }
		manufactory = { x = 15221 y = 3405 }
		terrain1 = { x = 15085 y = 3589 variant = 1 }
	}
	history = { }
}

Last edited:
In my games there is one province in south china which has always 100 % revolt risk.

Combined with the super human rebels which often beat normal armies 5 times their strength, china often crumbles and loses much provinces to their neighbours.

In my games there is one province in south china which has always 100 % revolt risk.

Combined with the super human rebels which often beat normal armies 5 times their strength, china often crumbles and loses much provinces to their neighbours.

If that are the vietnamese culture provinces that later form Vietnam/Annam that is intended. China historicaly occupied those provinces and was driven away by a massive uprising. In the older versions of AGCEEP Annam had 800% RR so that they could drive China away and that is capped at 100% in FtG because of the different way FtG handels Rebels.

Edit: There IS a bug in province ID here.
The original vanilla map AGCEEP entry in 1419_Provinces_Misc.inc is:

Code:
province = { id = 662 province_revoltrisk = 800 } #Hanoi
province = { id = 663 province_revoltrisk = 800 } #Tanh Noah
province = { id = 1554 province_revoltrisk = 800 } #Lao Cai

and the province ID´s have simply been copied into PV´s
\For the Glory\Mods\Plvs_Vltra\Scenarios\1419\Inc\1419_Provinces_Misc.inc:

Code:
province = { id = 662 province_revoltrisk = 800 } #Hanoi
province = { id = 1554 province_revoltrisk = 800 } #Lao Cai

However province 1554 is NOT in Vietnam in PV, but in China proper. It would need to be province ID 1787 instead. And probably 1790 (Tonkin in PV) too.

Corrected entry:

Code:
province = { id = 662 province_revoltrisk = 800 } #Haiphong
province = { id = 1787 province_revoltrisk = 800 } #Hanoi
province = { id = 1790 province_revoltrisk = 800 } #Tongking

Edit: As described in the AGCEEP thread here
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-amp-Japan&p=16850551&viewfull=1#post16850551
the situation/RR/events could be changed according to the attached files.

Attachments

• LeLoichangedfiles.zip
    42 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
While I was playing with Austria something strange happened -> After applying the event for the crown of Hungary and coring 70% from it's land when I tried to re-load the game it was giving me an error about there is no such a culture "culture = none". Somehow this was fixed when I ended my war with Hungary but just after the end of the war the game always crashes. It happens on 18th July.

Here is the safe to check it out (no modifications, pure Plvs Vltra):

View attachment Austria.rar

Loading problem

Hi!
Started with clear 1.2. I've downloaded PV from here: https://mega.co.nz/#!i5gl1bJK!VMYE6AhPjSuSjXHFZeD1BR6Zv_wy-NRJqsO2Ez6_NUY
and then extracted files to /Mods.
When I launch vanilla, AGCEEP or WATKABAOI 2.04 it works fine. I mean - game loads without any problem. So, problem seems to not be in game files or to be overall mod launching problem.
But - when I choose to play PV, loading starts, and immadetly stops at "Initializing globals..." and nothing on the screen changes. I can wait for 2 hours - no loading progression.

FtG version - 1.2, Steam
I use Windows XP.

Also, PV seems to be a great opportunity to start a new adventure with EU :) So I will be grateful for any help!
Greetings!

Hey guys!
Get constant CTDs in 1522, game was running absolutely swell up to this year, but then it started crashing every 1/2 months. Since early 1522 when the crashes started occurring; through constant saves and reloads I managed to make it a few months further, but the CTDs don't seem to be subsiding, in my latest save in fact I haven't been able to go further than a couple weeks.

I'm playing as the Safavid Empire but that's got nothing to do with it, I can swap to any country and the CTDs still happen.

I have one of the sprite packs installed; one of the ones that replaces all the sprites - but again it's got nothing to do with it, I tested out a back-up mod installation with the old sprites, and the CTDs still happen.

I thought that maybe patching it up to the latest 1.3 beta would help. I currently have the one from June installed. Patched it up to the one from 29/12/2013 but hey guess what, CTDs still happen.

I'm stumpted. I'm thinking it's a broken method that gets called - or something associated with one, some missing graphic or some other bug. It has to be. The only way I've been able to make progress is by constant saving and reloading; this works because events don't get called on set days as a I understand it, but randomised over a certain range. But sooner or later that event will happen; and that's why the CTDs happen at shorter and shorter intervals the more days/weeks I conquer through my iterative save/reload routine :)

Anyway, please help out guys. Am tired of this BS. Too tired.
View attachment Shiite128.zip

Generated a moddebug.txt log file too. Didn't tell me squat, but then again I'm no expert.
View attachment moddebug.zip

I thought that maybe patching it up to the latest 1.3 beta would help. I currently have the one from June installed. Patched it up to the one from 29/12/2013 but hey guess what, CTDs still happen..

Always have the latest version of both FtG and the mod you are playing installed *before* you start a new game.
Not every patch version is fully compatible with earlier versions and if you change the version of the game or the version of the mod in the midst of an ongoing savegame that might mess up the game further.

Always have the latest version of both FtG and the mod you are playing installed *before* you start a new game.
Not every patch version is fully compatible with earlier versions and if you change the version of the game or the version of the mod in the midst of an ongoing savegame that might mess up the game further.

Well I did have the latest version before I started the game, or so I thought.
And don't worry, patching it up was just a test to see if it would cure the CTDs, after it didn't work I reverted to the backup that I made just before the experiment.
Benefits of being a programmer - you know when to do backups :)

Generated a moddebug.txt log file too. Didn't tell me squat, but then again I'm no expert.

That file saves reports when you start a game with a mod if moddebug is set to yes in settings.txt
Most of the entries are listings of every file used and tells you if the file in use is included by the mod or if not, taken from the vanilla game instead. So that if in a mod some file would be missing or would be intentionally omitted (not all mods mod everything) it always falls back to the standard games file.
Beyond that there are several errors listed regarding gfx and colorscales in your game that I don´t understand myself.

I'm playing as the Safavid Empire but that's got nothing to do with it, I can swap to any country and the CTDs still happen...

It *might* have something to do with the errors. The 1419 campaign has no Safavids to chose, they appear later in the game. When changing tags (e.g. Ak Koyounlu to Safavids) always immediately save and reload as not doing that might lead to all sorts of errors.

Last edited:
That file saves reports when you start a game with a mod if moddebug is set to yes in settings.txt
Most of the entries are listings of every file used and tells you if the file in use is included by the mod or if not, taken from the vanilla game instead. So that if in a mod some file would be missing or would be intentionally omitted (not all mods mod everything) it always falls back to the standard games file.
Beyond that there are several errors listed regarding gfx and colorscales in your game that I don´t understand myself.

Well I installed Chicken Spadge's sprite compilation (bicorne hats with gunsmoke if I recall correctly), so that could be the cause of it. In my vanilla folder's moddebug.txt at least I have no such errors.

It *might* have something to do with the errors. The 1419 campaign has no Safavids to chose, they appear later in the game. When changing tags (e.g. Ak Koyounlu to Safavids) always immediately save and reload as not doing that might lead to all sorts of errors.

Yes I formed them from Kara Koyounlu. I've saved and reloaded dozens of times, and it's been a good number of game years since I formed the Safavids.
The CTDs at this point happen no matter which country I play as - and in 1522. So what I'm thinking is that no matter what I did or didn't do before, it's some kind of event or some such that's causing this error.