Patch 1.18.1 out NOW! - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, so much for getting my hopes up.... :(
daddc57ef9.jpg

Reactions:
It said you could migrate across one sea zone, not colonise. You could probably migrate to Trinidad (one step at a time) and then from there to St Vincent and then start colonising up the island chain. Doesn't make a massive difference though.
Oh.. true, true. I thought that I could also colonize there if I could migrate there. My bad, thank you.

It's just too bad about the "Orinoco Trade" event which will be useless if you migrate away from the delta.

Reactions:
“- Added lots of logical places where province & country status impacts institution spread.”

As expected Trade Companies are useless after this patch… 1 extra merchant for controlling 51% of the land is not worth the institution spread. With the current change, neighboring Indian nations will adopt all institutions that the invading European country has within about 15 years of their foothold. The quoted change should have considered this, after all, it was previously impossible to westernize off a trade company core in past versions of the game. I do not see how this was over looked…

Reactions:
Wow, many thanks EU4 team, that is wonderful! The institution thing covers precisely what bothered me the most in EU4.
I could only hope for more geographical flexibility where they fire, though I see the point in why it is this way. Maybe it could be one of the game rules (if they are going to be adapted from CK2). Custom nations could benefit a lot.
Still, great work

Long-awaited and interesting patch, but there are things that I am really disappointed.
"Eastern European starting development reduced" call it straight - russian provinces development reduced. I understand WHY it happens, but where is compensation for this? Like new provinces/more detailed map or NI rework. Income also fell.
"Number of accepted cultures" new modifier which is ideal for Russia (both from historical and gameplay matters). And who obtain it? Poland, one of the most xenophobic and intolerant countries throughout its history. *genius*
"Siberian Frontier" idea still placed incorrectly. No one promised to fix it, but still.

Reactions:
"Eastern European starting development reduced" call it straight - russian provinces development reduced. I understand WHY it happens, but where is compensation for this? Like new provinces/more detailed map or NI rework. Income also fell.
Compensation? How about Patriarchal Authority no longer reducing tax income. That's a huge boost for Russia. Also Poland AND Sweden no longer being Lucky are also considerable boosts for Russia.

Reactions:
Long-awaited and interesting patch, but there are things that I am really disappointed.
"Number of accepted cultures" new modifier which is ideal for Russia (both from historical and gameplay matters). And who obtain it? Poland, one of the most xenophobic and intolerant countries throughout its history. *genius*
"Siberian Frontier" idea still placed incorrectly. No one promised to fix it, but still.

Russia gets more DHEs now.

Lol, no. Poland got xenophobic due to reclaiming independence after WW1. That was a necessity to not get stomped again. Now, after the communism Poles get fiercely nationalistic again as again there is a strong threat coming from the East. Amazingly, in the EU4 timeline Poland was one of the most tolerant countries of the time. The flag example is not f*ing with the Jews when everybody else did.
Your ignorance of history may hurt some patriotic feelings on the forum as well as it does not say well of your personal culture.

Reactions:
- Ambient sounds and other non-music sounds are no longer played when the game is minized from true fullscreen mode.

THIS IS THE BEST CHANGE!!!!!!

Reactions:
Wow, you really know a lot about the history of Russia and Poland, don't you? Russia during EU4 timeline had a tyrannical government and up to this day isn't exactly known for its tolerant attitude towards other nations, especially the Baltics or Ukrainians, or Poles for that matter. While in the Polish-Lithuanian Commowealth during its historical peak people of various nations and religions enjoyed a lot of liberty otherwise the Prussian Estates would not rebel against the Teutonic Order and ask for Prussia to be incorporated into the Polish kingdom and the Jews of Europe wouldn't flee en masse to a country which at some point they even called paradisus Iudaeorum ("paradise for the Jews").

Judging any country's history by how that country is perceived nowadays is a very ignorant and anachronistic approach which should be avoided here. ;)

Also, the idea that they nerfed Russia is just ridiculous, I'm sure they were referring to Ukrainian/Ruthenian provinces that Lithuania starts with. After all, PDX even kicked out Poland and Sweden from the lucky nations just to make it easier for Muscovy to form Russia.

Reactions:
Knights Idea Reconquista of the Sea now gives increased capture ship chance instead of privateer efficiency

Oh, come on. It is one of the ideas which sound nice in lore but in practice they are useful maybe a couple of times in 500 years if you are lucky.

Reactions:
Reactions:
@DDRJake @Trin Tragula

You enchanced threat war option but i would like to use that option in this situation:

Crimea has core and claims on Lithuania and i wanna threat Poland for these claims (I know they don't see the threat at this point) but i can't...

Pls make this happen :)

dXr1kp.jpg

5Y0ZM5.jpg

A3V95B.jpg

Reactions:
While I agree that you should be able to use Threaten War to obtain provinces belonging to subjects, in that particular case I don't think it would get you what you want, since POL+LIT do not appear to have been significantly weakened so Poland would probably think it can stand up to you + Crimea in a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.