• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Whoa. With three wars going on simultaneously, your empire was showing the strain. Thankfully, you were able to make peace with two of your opponents.

Are you strong enough to tackle both the rebels in Poland and Naples at the same time, or will the rebels have to wait until Naples has been humbled?

Very fast-paced, very nice: keep it up! :)

Are you strong enough to tackle both the rebels in Poland and Naples at the same time, or will the rebels have to wait until Naples has been humbled?

My army is still to small to cover all my provinces. I can't tell you what will happen. Spoiling takes out the fun.

You did good works. But if France declares war on you, it's finished. :p

I have a great relation with France. The only way to get in trouble is when they get a core on one of my provinces.
I would have to sell it then and buy me some time. I hope that will not happen.

What is the current core:non-core ratio?

I have 2 core 17 non-core provinces. The real problem is that they are in different parts of Europe.

Times of trouble

The last war was to long for one post. Let me start where I left of.

EU3_481.jpg

Naples is a real pain. As I told earlier I gave up Modena and Parma.
I lose Parma because I had to fight to many warst. No chance for me to defend everything.

EU3_965.jpg

An overview over Europe.

EU3_483.jpg

Time for revenge. I win the battle and get the defensive bonus from now on.

EU3_484.jpg

Noooooo. That's a really bad present for christmas. The way from Holland was too far. That rebels are not even 3K.

EU3_487.jpg

I finish off Naples. But 2 small armies arrived by ship. I have no fleet to intercept such attemps.
I give up Verona to rebels. Ending the war seems more important. There are too many rebels allready.
I'm near Poznan and will clear Poland first.

EU3_493.jpg

The rebels from Poznan flee into the wrong direction. And Plock surrenders after only some weeks to a handful rebels.
I need to be careful before I lose control. This is is getting annoying.
I have to leave siegestacks behind in Poland. That means less regiments for fighting.
The rebels flee to Plock. At least I can fight them both at the same time now.

EU3_495.jpg

I finish off both armies in Plock days later. That's 5K rebels together and I lose 2 provinces.
Lithuania DOWs Novgorod. Denmark, Poland and some others join in to help Novgorod. I have enough problems my own. I have to dishounor the alliance.

EU3_502.jpg

The army from Poland arrives to help out. Istria first, then the others.

EU3_505.jpg

Brescia falls after only 85 days. Again I lose a province.
The rebels have nowhere to go, I ignore them for now and move my army south.
All my men are in Italy now, exept for some small siege stacks. It gets worse every month.

EU3_508.jpg

Siena causes no problems and two sieges are at 100%. Naples is at full strength again and threatens Ancona.
My troops will be there soon enough.

EU3_510.jpg

Defensive bonus and a better general. I win this fight.
One army out of morale. I was happy to save them.

EU3_511.jpg

That's two month later. I lose that fight. My king did fight. No idea why he isn't shown as general.
The consequence is a total disaster. Naples follows and I have bad dices in every province. I have to retreat all my troops out of Italy to Mantua.
Some days later I lose Antwerp to rebels.
I have to start all over again in Italy. Now I'm in a bad mood.

EU3_514.jpg

Away with the rebels first. Occupied provinces give me no money.

EU3_516.jpg

Then Naples again.

EU3_519.jpg

It takes 3 month to lose a province to rebels and 18 to get it back. Naples is almost gone.
I just follow their army and allways arrive early, cause I have no Inf. Defence bonus and a better general, that allways helps a lot.

EU3_522.jpg

I levy more cavalry. Naples tries a last attemp to win this war.
All rebel forts are under siege and I start chasing everything that moves.
That's a 3K stack in Schwyz. I move them north to support my army in Poland and Holland.

EU3_524.jpg

I take no more chance. 1916 men. That was the biggest army Naples managed to combine. Everything else dies instantly.
I get the control back again. No more rebels appear.

EU3_528.jpg

6K in Kalisz. Their job: Chasing rebels. Actual target: none.
It's the first time for years now that some regiments can stand still and wait.
Only two provinces are still in rebels hand and I move further into Naples.

EU3_530.jpg

No time for peace. Brabant had Diploannexed Gelre earlier.
No time to be frightened, I almost lost the war against Naples. This will not happen this time, I said to myself.
I join in three weeks later and have to leave Poland alone again.
I waited three weeks, because I had only a small siege army in Antwerp.
This way Brabant was busy elsewhere and I would not lose more land.

EU3_542.jpg

Luxembourg joins the wrong side. Saxony and Utrecht jump in to help Münster.

EU3_545.jpg

I wait till Brabant storms and fails in Münster. Days later this war is settled.

EU3_555.jpg

No one was sieging Brabant, so I take it for myself.
Utrecht will lose this fight. I finish of what's left of Luxembourg.
No more surprises in Italy. Münster was sieging Gelre and Limburg allready when I joined the war. This had to be expected.

EU3_563.jpg

Münster leaves the war. I can live with that. Very nice that Saxony also moves out of Limburg. I split my army and send the half to Limburg.
Some more rebels appear. This time they are gone fast.

EU3_580.jpg

Ancona falls and Naples surrenders. I was sieging all provinces in Italy at the time.
Taking more land would mean to stretch my vulnerable empire even more.

EU3_595.jpg

And now this again, 88 days only. I was reorganizing my army to have a better control over everything. Some more regiments are build allready.
That's 13K of mine moving towards Potsdam. I wasn't sure that my army from Italy would arrive in time. So I send another from Holland. Damn.
But this is the last time this will happen. At least I hope so.

EU3_598.jpg

I take the next step to Cent. I will not wait for the war to end. My resources are big enough now.

EU3_609.jpg

Brabant is gone. That is some fine land there in Holland. But Antwerp and Brabant border France, dangerous, very dangerous.
If they get a core on my land I`m gone. My reputation with France only is 75. Not enough.

EU3_617.jpg

Another nice event. I allways take Free Subjects. Researching faster can't be the wrong way to go.

EU3_619.jpg

Some figures January 1421. So far everything looks fine. With minting and yearly income I have 150 ducats for army support every year.

EU3_623.jpg

A picture of my empire. Bohemia has to be my next target. Niederlausitz will connect Mecklemburg and Poland and I get a third core in Breslau.
30K Cav are split in 3 stacks to secure my land. What you can't see is the next invitation to war. Bohemia has to wait, lucky they are.

I hasitated in the last war. I did not finish Naples and build new regiments late.
Some rebels and a bit of bad luck got me into trouble this time. I'm sure you all waited to me suffer. :p
7 provinces have a 10 year penalty of nationalism. That means more rebels.
It had to happen sometime, the ways between my provinces are far.
With a 30k Cav I can handle this now.

For a while, you seemed to be in trouble there, what with Naples taking up all your attention, allowing the Polish (and Flemish. And Italian) rebels to run amok. But then, you turned things around and comprehensively trounced every single opponent.

While you still have a spread-out empire, the chunks are getting bigger, mostly multi-province, which should make it a little easier to manage the inevitable rebellions.

As long as you don't constantly need to deploy your whole army to fight 3+ wars at once. ;)

People play Mecklenburg because everyone sees a lot of mecklenburgian avatars on these forums.
And it is easy to play, it's rich, expansionist etc.

A dream nation!

Sweet expansions!
May the world be yours!

Very nice AAR! I like it, a lot!!!

I got a few questions though.

Are you actually aiming on forming Germany or staying Mecklemburg the whole time?

Why are u not using spies to fabricate claims? Wouldn't that make live easier for u since u are growing and getting stab back on 3 will become harder???

Are u actually going for the National idea QFTNW and try to get colonies in the Americas and/or Africa or are u going to leave all that kind of stuff Spain/Castille, France, Portugal(if not already eaten) and GB/England????

If u r picking another idea, which one will it be??

As long as you don't constantly need to deploy your whole army to fight 3+ wars at once. ;)

My army will grow fast now. Fighting three wars at once won't be a problem in a short time.

Why are u not using spies to fabricate claims? Wouldn't that make live easier for u since u are growing and getting stab back on 3 will become harder???

To get spies you need mercantilism or plutocracy. Most countries start with mercantilism. Mecklemburg starts with aristocracy and free trade. I don't have any spies to send until my sliders change to plutocracy. So I have to take the 3 stab hit. Can't do anything against it.

Are you actually aiming on forming Germany or staying Mecklemburg the whole time?
If u r picking another idea, which one will it be??

I haven't decided that yet. Germany or Mecklemburg is a question the readers will decide. I prefer Germany. Germany gives a big bonus on the income.
Which ideas I take will depend on what is happening. This AAR is not what I had in mind when I started it. I adjusted the whole time and I will do so in the future. The BB wars are near. I think some religious and stab bonus are a good way at first.

Are u actually going for the National idea QFTNW and try to get colonies in the Americas and/or Africa or are u going to leave all that kind of stuff Spain/Castille, France, Portugal(if not already eaten) and GB/England????
I will go for QFTNW. There will be nobody else left :D
Only England might live long enough to build some colonies in America.

Unite the north

EU3_632.jpg

TO attacks Riga. I guaranteed Riga, the idea is to get Danzig. It works like clockwork in every game.
Saxony is missing in the screenshot. Who cares about them. They have a 1K Inf army. That emperor is really frightening.

EU3_637.jpg

That was the most boring war ever. The arrows show how the armies walked to their position.
There was no fighting in this war. Not one lausy encounter. Smash and grab.

EU3_638.jpg

I take Livland for Riga, there was no special reason for that. Time to get me a third core in Breslau.

EU3_640.jpg

I can't attack Bohemia. I don't want a war with Hungary, Venice and Naples at the same time.
Meissen is a much better target, but I get a 3 stab hit insted of 1. I have to cancel my military access first and to insult.
Enough time to manouver my army into position.

EU3_639.jpg

I took that screenshot later and renamed every amry after their actual position. How I prepare for such a war:
If I have military access, I put small armies on hostile territory. For other OPM and TPM I put armies next to them.
I attack the small enemies instantly. The AI sets military maintanace to 40% in peacetimes, so they have a low morale when you attack and die fast.
Then I put small siege units in every province and pull out what I don't need. They can fight rebels or your bigger enemies.

Saxony is allready under attack and Brunswick didn't join. I'm only interested in Bohemia anyway.

EU3_645.jpg

Before the end of the month all minors are under siege and their armies gone. I have a 10k Cav in Kalisz, so I have to wait.
When Bohemia failed to storm and the Inf is out of morale I walk in.

EU3_648.jpg

I fight only 6 and not 18 regiments now. The Bohemian general has no shock points. A lot of points and still crap.

EU3_651.jpg

Just go whereever he goes. You are allways first with an only Cav army and get addional defence points.
Both sides hat a lot of small dices. The only reason that they lived that long.

EU3_665.jpg

Hinterpommern is mine. Saxony gave me white peace like allways. The worst emporor ever.
Meissen payed 97 ducats. OPM are like flies. All you need is a big paper to slay.

I pulled my 10k army out to regenerate. It will take some time before Bohemia finishs new regiments.
The siege units are on their way. A last sweep through Bohemia with my big stack will clear the road.

EU3_666.jpg

Looks nice, doesn't it.

EU3_667.jpg

6 month later. Most of my armies are on their way home.

EU3_672.jpg

Again 6 month later. Taking Ratibor and Moravia would only leave Austria as next target and create another border with Hungary.
So the other way it is. I can attack Bavaria or Austria.
Or a german minor and be lucky to find a way through northern Germany without annexing anybody. This is only a small chance.
There are to many countries between Sudety and Limburg.

EU3_674.jpg

EU3_679.jpg

This could be the situation after the first three wars in a Mecklemburg campaign.
Attack Brandenburg when they are still in PU with Luxembourg. Then Silesia as a vasall of Bohemia. Then find a target to get Poland.
Mecklemburg can easily maintain a 10k+ Cav. Just get your trade up.
Breslau is my third core now, some more yearly income.

The next month are without fighting. But a lot of important things happen. My BB is 17.28 in July 1424. Time to cool down anyway.

EU3_682.jpg

An advisor that makes sense. Because of my high BB my merchants get kicked out. A 12% compete chance will change that.
I have to keep my income high. No better advisors to find anyway.

EU3_687.jpg

A new core. It a capital, but Naples attacks the Pope like clockwork every 5 years. So I won't lose it, no matter how long they exist.

EU3_688.jpg

Free Subject means faster research. Nice to have.

EU3_689.jpg

That's a nice one. I give up some trade bonus. More minting, more regiments.
I build 10K Cav and 9K Inf. That makes 40K Cav - 10K Inf, my first army to storm.
I join some wars with countries I guaranted, only to get a little bit of army tradition.
All wars end in white peaces without any interesting events.

EU3_696.jpg

Another core on a capital. Maybe I lose it before I find time to annex them.

EU3_697.jpg

That is a nice war. OE, Syria and the Horde against Lithuania, Poland, Austria and Brabant.
Austria sends in all they have. This is a great chance to attack them.
I will wait till attrition has killed them. My BB is still to high anyway to start a war now.
I also get the crusade bonus for some time again. I do not send troops. I want them in full strenght for Austria.

EU3_702.jpg

A nice event that gives me a nice opportunity. I can`t attack Brandenburg and Austria at the same time and my BB is still pretty high.
Time to wait for the proper moment.

EU3_705.jpg

First I change my sliders to Cent. My BB is down to 12.14.
Now is the proper moment to attack.

Austria or Brandenburg?

I'll show you in the next update tomorrow. It's raining outside, so I have the whole evenig to prepare that update.

Time to get serious. My army is 50k strong now, the soldiers want something to do.

Thus falls Bohemia... These last few wars were much less intense than your previous three-some in Italy and Flanders. Maybe partially because your enemies were less capable, but probably mostly due to the fact that Mecklenburg is starting to become a big empire. You've got a serious army going and you wield it well.

I also noted just how much of a difference a few provinces made. All of a sudden, the shards of Mecklenburg start to coalesce and presto! there's a big blueish empire in Central Europe. Good show!

BB shouldn't be a problem more after 50 years... now just save a lot of money...
When in times of peace, a wise one prepares for the next war.:cool:

When are u going to start the BB wars? Or, why haven't u done it yet? Is your army too small right now??
BTW, I would like to see Germany!

I need to connect my provinces first. Otherwise I won't be flexible enough to manouvre my armies during BBwars. Also I hate to fight France, Spain, GB an Lithuania in at the same time when they all have full strength.

Thus falls Bohemia... These last few wars were much less intense than your previous three-some in Italy and Flanders. Maybe partially because your enemies were less capable, but probably mostly due to the fact that Mecklenburg is starting to become a big empire. You've got a serious army going and you wield it well.

I also noted just how much of a difference a few provinces made. All of a sudden, the shards of Mecklenburg start to coalesce and presto! there's a big blueish empire in Central Europe. Good show!

You're right as allways. With 20k soldiers I couldn't manage wars and rebels at the same time, 'cause my provinces were to far away. With 30k I can just destroy everything.
I didn't fight three wars at the same time in the last post. My only enemy was Bohemia and so it was easy to control them.
The critical stage of the campaign is over and it's time to start bigger wars.

When in times of war, a wise one gathers gold from his enemies treasury.

I don't have any money. My own income was for my army and I didn't get money from peace negotiations. I have to change that now. Tempels and workshops will cost a lot of money and I have to buy them soon.

BB shouldn't be a problem more after 50 years... now just save a lot of money...
When in times of peace, a wise one prepares for the next war.:cool:

I'm playing for 35 years now. I'm not sure if I can start BB wars before 1450, but sure it will be before 1470.

Last edited:
Coup 12

The last post wasn't that interesting. It's time to attack bigger alliances.

Brandenburg is an OPM and Austria seems a better choice. But Brandenburg has a lot of allies and they all have what I need right now. Money.
So Brandenburg it is.

EU3_706.jpg

They ALL join in. I am so unfair.

EU3_711.jpg

First I want a white peace with Saxony, Brandenburg and TO. They have nothing I want.
My Antirebelforces in Poland are enough to defend against TO. The ones in Italy take out Switzerland.
A third group takes out Bohemia first and then Bavaria.
I put a 10K stack into Limburg, so the minors stay where they are. I will attack them later.
There is an enemy army in Krakow. I ignore him as long as they don't move.

EU3_712.jpg

Intercept and destroy. Again Bohemia falls within weeks.

EU3_715.jpg

You remember the war Lithuania, Poland, Austria, me vs Horde, OE ans Syria?

I make peake with the Horde and sell out Poland and Lithuania.
The war went bad for the christian alliance at first. They lost 6 provinces. Then they countered.
WE rose on both sides. It was only a matter of time, till I could negotiate a peace.

My BB goes down 4 points. 2 provinces go to the Horde. Rebelchance: 22.7%. One province for Syria and OE.
They will drown in rebels and break sooner or later. Lithuania is weaker, still strong enough to protect my eastern border.
That's a lot of advantages for doing nothing.

EU3_719.jpg

I forgot to take that screen when I DOWed. Some armies are allready destroyed here.

EU3_720.jpg

Storming works fine, but the loss of morale is terrible. Men at arms are to weak and need 4 month to recover.
I fight 2k in Danzig. 2-3 times and TO whites out. All Bohemian provinces are under siege.

EU3_721.jpg

That's more men than expected. They flee after the first battle round allways, regaining morale at the 1st of each month.
I do not use my precious king for those peasants.

EU3_722.jpg

Some minors get millitary access through Liege and Breda and some rebels appear and force me to move.
I adjust my plans. Kill of the small armies in Zeeland and Brabant and give up Limburg.
Within days 20K swarm into Limburg like ants.

EU3_725.jpg

The unimportant countries clear out. I got a nice present from Brandenburg.

EU3_729.jpg

I attack Bavaria as allways. Wait for a failed storm and kill their Cav.
After six month of fleeing, Switzerland is without resistance.

EU3_735.jpg

Schwyz surrendered 2 weeks after the last battle. They only have 300 ducats. It would be a waste of resources to go on, so peace it is.
My king dies a day later. He was chasing Bavarians, but didn't die in battle, so I keep my stab at 3.
I have to fight without my king now. No time to pull the army out. That would help the enemy more than me.

My new king is good enough.

EU3_736.jpg

Fighting without general is never a good idea. I send in siege units earlier, to help in battle. I will get a bit WE now, but not to much.
Bohemia is almost gone. My siegestack has to wait because of low morale. They surrender before I can storm.

EU3_741.jpg

A month later Bavaria is defeated. I took a lot of attrition. Time to pull out and recover.
Bohemia surrendered allready. I take their last provinces.

EU3_744.jpg

Time to attack the minors. They have just stormed Limburg. Now they move back to their home provinces.
I siege Limburg on one side and attack Brunswick on the other end.
20K divided in a lot of small stacks. They will be no problem.

EU3_752.jpg

The red line marks the enemy territory. Look at the green line. Totally unprotected.
My Inf is in Thüringen.
I lost a second province: Zeeland. A war against 12 countries and all I lose are 2 provinces.
My army is strong enough now. Took me long enough.

EU3_753.jpg

Here goes the first minor. Nothing more to get.

EU3_759.jpg

Wars between Novgorod and Moskowy are allways good to intervene. Just send help to the weaker country and Russia will never exist.
I can't send troops, to busy for that.

EU3_762.jpg

I whipe out all those small stacks first. Siege units follow. I cant't siege many provinces at the same time at first.
Parts of my army is still busy in Bavaria and I don't want Poland or Italy unprotected.

EU3_766.jpg

Some rebels in Poland. No idea where they all come from. I just killed one more stack in Erz. They will not get anything this time.

EU3_769.jpg

One year after I started sieging Bavaria they surrender.

Novgorod gets two provinces they have a core on. 2 BB down again. Russia is far from unifcation.
Novgorod gets the upper hand a bit, but are under steady pressure from Sweden, Lithuania and Moskowy.

EU3_773.jpg

The army in Nassau causes some delay. 2 Provinces are mine. Storming definitely takes to long this early in the game.
Luxembourg pays 150 ducats and is out of the war.

EU3_778.jpg

Almost done. That's 4K rebels, no problems here.
Cologne is down. I do not take a peace. I would lose military access. Those provinces are vital for this war.
I'm also not sure what to do with them.
No more fighting in war. Just wait to win.

EU3_784.jpg

Over it is. I take Cologne and force them to move their capital. Cologne, Nassau and Koblenz will be the first defenceline against France.
I make Cologne my vassal for two reasons. I secure military access between my provinces and have a first vote if I'm forced to get HRE.
Trier will cede Koblenz and 25 ducats a day later. I can't take them as vassal. A DOW from France against Trier its not what I want.
The BB is 17.50 now. I managed to stay under 18. This went very well. Couldn't have done this without selling out my allies.
I got 12 provinces from this war. My reputation is still great, so most of my enemies gave me military access again.

EU3_793.jpg

Monthly income 130 and reinfocements 2150. 41 noncore provinces and max 3 of them have 0.0% revoltrisk.
I only had two small diplomats. My empire grows a lot faster than expected.
I think Ming is the only country that is bigger than me now. But they are half around the world. Europe is almost mine.
The synonym for almost is France.

I got a lot of money out of this war. Time for more armies.
10K Cav, 10K Inf. That will make 50-20. I also start 20 Big ships. Enough money for a fleet now.
My lack of yearly income isn't a problem anymore.

Shortly after my last war Denmark got two new vassals: Lüneburg and Brunswick. I guarantee Oldenburg as an answer.
I have no idea why Denmark did not annex at least one of them.

EU3_790.jpg

An overview over my empire.
My provinces are connected almost.

EU3_MAP_MKL_1437_1_2.jpg

England lost a war against Castille and Portugal. Not much happening around the world.