• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello to all new readers. I' really happy to see new readers after each post.

Heh, so few cores.... :p
Is Portugal conquering Iroquois?

It's 1435. I doubt that any nation has picked QFTNW as first NI.
I really hope that the American nations help me against all the European oppressors. They all just want to slay everybody and try to conquer the world. :D

What an excellent way to lose Badboy - I never did that... It's evil but fun :)

I expected 1 or 2 post that tell me, that I'm a cheater or exploiter. It's the only way to play a traitor. It was a big luck that happend. Normally most wars are over before you can make a peace like that or the defending side wins anyway.

A shadow is rising in the West

Only a small update today.

EU3_797.jpg

The German nations are tired of an 1k Inf emperor army. That doesn't change anything for me.

EU3_803.jpg

My sliders change by event. I get richer and stronger, even when I do nothing.

EU3_812.jpg

My advisors die in weeks. I can't mint so much now. Disband an army is no solution. I have to set the maintenance down.

EU3_814.jpg

The shadow in the West has a very touchable body. 100K Bodies. France got a core on Brabant. They cancel military access and insult.
I have a royal marriage with them. I hope that gives me some time. I doubt it. War is upon us.
I want to connect my land first and take on France than. No time to waste now.

EU3_816.jpg

My answer to the insult. None of my allies have a border with France. I still hope to buy some time.
I could sell Brabant to France, but losing an university and a rich province is no option. I'm not that desperate.

EU3_817.jpg

Guaranteeing worked fine. It's not a question if I defeat Denmark. The only question is: How long till France DOWs me.
My allies for this war are Friesland, Oldenburg and The Palatinate.

EU3_819.jpg

The red line is what Denmark wants. The green line shows what I want. If I get both provinces I have connected most of my territory.

EU3_820.jpg

But first I change my sliders again. I take a step to Plutocracy. I do not want an additional penalty now.
A war against France is close and WE will raise for the first time in this game anyway.

EU3_821.jpg

Denmark has 14 Big ships. I have 12 and two more in 3 month. My fleet is ready just in time.

EU3_823.jpg

Shoot first, ask questions later. I could not take the risk that anybody gets there first.
I just walked in with 10k cav in both lands, followed by 10K Inf.
I ignore Oldenburg. The army in Lübeck is no threat, they will be gone soon.
Again I take no chances, I have no time to waste in this war. I just crush the mainstack and conquer Bremen and Hamburg.

EU3_824.jpg

I can't find the screen where I killed them. It was only days later.

EU3_826.jpg

The Horde broke as expected. Total chaos will follow in the east.

EU3_830.jpg

Denmark annexed Oldenburg and took on Friesland. I follow up and conquer without resistance.
As long as France doesn't DOW I can go on.

EU3_831.jpg

My fleet is enough to frighten them. I can just walk through their land and siege everywhere.
All fleets stay in their harbors.

EU3_833.jpg

I get two advisors within two month. I earn some money now and my army makes more damage.
I don't build new troops. I need the money. Some days later I lose my 12% compete chance. But an advisor with 6% is without job.
That has to do it for now.

EU3_836.jpg

Denmark annexed Friesland. Time to kill the last 4k of them.

EU3_839.jpg

I had to conquer the capital first. Now I get more then wanted from this war.
I just got 4 OPMs for only 4 BB. I just love Denmark.
If you don't stop them they will go on and vassalize and annex everything in their way.

EU3_840.jpg

Castille invites me to a holiday in Algiers. I join the war so that I not lose an ally.
They attack Algiers and Morrocco since the beginning. Their efforts so far are pathetic.

EU3_842.jpg

And then they come.

This will be exciting!!! I hope u are able to crush France! How do u plan to do that? Are you going to raise their WE so they get spammed with rebels and have better stuff to do?

When are u going to decide whether you want to form germany or not???

btw, love the AAR, keep doing it!!!

Thanks for all the luck you wish me. :)

Scorch land as if there was no tomorrow!

I will not scorch a single province, unless I'm near losing the war.

How do u plan to do that? Are you going to raise their WE so they get spammed with rebels and have better stuff to do?

When are u going to decide whether you want to form germany or not???

Before I can form Germany I need the provinces first. When I have the cores everywhere, you will decide.

I think I will use Limburg as a bottleneck against France. Not totally sure yet, but that's the best plan for the moment.

Nice work with the diplomacy - Castille as a second front, and Lithuania as a sweeper! And well done, not starting any wars scaring them away.

Castille has no border with France and Lithuania is at war with TO. They have big problems with a lot of rebels and the WE is 7(?) allready. The situation is a bit tricky.

I have no border with France in Italy, but they will go there anyway. At least the vassals will come for a visit. Most of my provinces have a revolt risk that I have to take seriously. So less troops for the war.

I will make a small update for the detailed strategic situation. That way I can look at everything again and look for advantages and possibilities.

EU3_855.jpg

An overview over France.

EU3_856.jpg

The border with France. Crossed out means no military access for me.

Chances to get military access
Very Likely: Holland, Utrecht, Luxembourg
Maybe: Trier
Impossible: Brabant, Hessen

I will need Utrecht and Holland soon. Trier and Luxembourg are nice to have if I need to escape from French soil.

EU3_866.jpg

Sweden is far away and possibly afraid of the French fleet. I don't expect any help of them.
Lithuania is at war with Hungary (Not TO like I said before). They have a high WE and will white out as soon as they get the chance.
Spain is at war with Tripoli and Algiers. They have 11 cogs. Enough to make some trouble. I doubt that it will be enough
to get a stronghold in the south. Spain has no military access to Aragon.
The Palatinate has Pretender Rebels in Franken. France will storm Pfalz in no time and they are out of the war.

My alliance was a big bluff and the AI is to stupid to fall for it. Shame on you, Paradox. :p

EU3_860.jpg

No workshops for France anytime soon. They will be out of money after 6-8 years. At least I hope so.

EU3_862.jpg

France has the wrong NI. I can forget storming, that means sieging the most time. This war will go on for 10-15 years.

EU3_864.jpg

No Ubergenerals. Only two kings have good shock skills. Charles III is only a problem if he piles up with French armies.
No Generals with very good manouvre skills. So France will get a lot of attrition.

EU3_869.jpg

My AT is 64.8. Good enough for 2-3 generals.
I have 4 diplomats, Utrecht and Holland are the first two countries I need military access from.

EU3_868.jpg

my army 50 Cav - 20 Inf. That's not nearly strong enough to take them head on.

Limburg and Gelre, my bottleneck. I'll let France go to Hannover. Than take back those two provices and cut them off, splitting their amry into two.
Meanwhile I kill all smaller stacks(1-3 regiments) I can find.

When they are far enough, I plan to recapture the provinces they took. One Inf stack should be enough for that. Just following where ever they go.

I will leave one 10k stack in Italy and one in Poland for rebels and incoming minions.
One stack has to kill rebels near the war zone in northern Germany and help to fight France if possibly.
That leaves 20-30k Cav and 10k Inf to take my provinces back and start to occupy France.

One small problem. I can only put 9k stacks in most off the OPMs I have military access to.
So I have to split up my stacks, don't want that or I need enough generals.

Sounds like a decent plan so far. Hope it works.

How did you get into that war with Aquiliea?

I'm still try to follow your first few years.

It looks like the war with Aquiliea happened before Flanders, but I missed it.

Btw, what was happening to your BB during this?

Last edited:
Just always keep your army seperated, let smaller parts become isolated and thus annihilated.

:rofl:

1. go go MA - As soon as the Palatinate peaces out (vassalized? Who would be emp then?) France can't follow you there.

2. Disappointed you don't want to kill everything the peasants love :(. Scorch them as any good megalomaniac would!

3. Have you considered raising a inf assault army more in the south? Use it to conquer lightly defended southern provinces? The lack of large scale battles should replenish your mp

I'm still try to follow your first few years.

It looks like the war with Aquiliea happened before Flanders, but I missed it.

Btw, what was happening to your BB during this?

Aquileia happend right after I got Modena. I'm only fighting defensive wars at the start. So I only get 1BB for every province I take, not the 2 BB for DOWing.
My BB stayes low for a long time.

1. go go MA - As soon as the Palatinate peaces out (vassalized? Who would be emp then?) France can't follow you there.

2. Disappointed you don't want to kill everything the peasants love :(. Scorch them as any good megalomaniac would!

3. Have you considered raising a inf assault army more in the south? Use it to conquer lightly defended southern provinces? The lack of large scale battles should replenish your mp

1.) I have no idea who will get emperor. Actual votes are 4 Palatinate, 2 Saxony, 1 Hesse, 1 Mecklenburg. I think that France will take the provinz Pfalz, not vassalize them. They can't get to Franken and should not get a high enough warscore to vassalize.

2.) I need that land in good shape, when I get it back. That's my first line to recover my armies.

3.) I considered that. But France has Military Drill as 1st NI. My Inf would not conquer fast enough. I would need 2-3 attemps with storming. Takes to long with not enough progress.
Also my army is just to small for that. I can't split them at the beginning.

Aquileia happend right after I got Modena. I'm only fighting defensive wars at the start. So I only get 1BB for every province I take, not the 2 BB for DOWing.
My BB stayes low for a long time.

I'm still trying to follow this. If Modena, Aquiliea, and Flanders were all defensive wars you had to have a lot of guarantees out. In my thread you recommendeded guaranteeing Trier, Mainz, and Cologne right out ofthe box. Plus gifts. Plus you need a lot of MAs. I can't make the # of diplomats stretch.

Can you explain in baby steps? (In fact I am a baby in EU3. I only have 2--well, 1.9--games under my belt, Bihar in 1.3 and OE in 3.1. Both easier than expected.)