• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nicely done! Neat also! :)

-Why is it necessary to cancel access AND insult? Those insults aren't getting them to DoW you, or if they are it doesn't show.

You get an additional stabhit when DOWing, if you have a relation >100. The only reason to insult is to destroy the relation. The enemy get's a CB, but doesn't DOW.

Why/how does Germany provide an income bonus?
Why (or why not?) form PRU first?

I don't see the decision to form PRU. I'm not sure what the conditions are to form PRU, but it seems I do not match them.
When you form Italy or any other country you get +1 tax in one of your provinces. When you form Germany it's +1 tax in all provinces

You get an additional stabhit when DOWing, if you have a relation >100. The only reason to insult is to destroy the relation. The enemy get's a CB, but doesn't DOW.

Umm ..... I knew that. If you play blobs this does not come up often, but I have seen it once.

I don't see the decision to form PRU. I'm not sure what the conditions are to form PRU, but it seems I do not match them.
When you form Italy or any other country you get +1 tax in one of your provinces. When you form Germany it's +1 tax in all provinces

Found out the answer to this. You need ownership and cores on Danzig, Warmia, and Ostpreussen, plus you must be Saxon or Pommeranian culture OR anybody if the Reformation has started. Then there is a juicy decision--20% discipline--if you move your capital to Brandenburg.

Still experimenting with trying to get into wars via guarantees. Have tried everybody in Italy and everybody adjacent to either THU or BRB (because they have non-capital universities). But the only ones that have ever gotten hit are URB, PAP, NAP, and once Palatinate DoWed WUR.

France Part 2

EU3_941.jpg

33 regiments and no leader. They have nowhere to go now.

EU3_943.jpg

The first and only time I see a Spanish army. I checked all French provinces several times, they were not under siege.
Spain didn't send me help.

EU3_945.jpg

The last French troops in Germany are gone. Soon I will get back what's mine.
I start 10K Inf in Lübeck and Mecklenburg to speed up sieging.

EU3_949.jpg

The next very brave king declares war. England and Portugal join Aragon.

EU3_951.jpg

France is defeated. That gives me the possibility to attack Naples.

EU3_959.jpg

The army in southern Italy is destroyed fast. An 8k rebel army sieges Messina and the emperor stands in Apulia.
Naples refuses any peace agreement. All I can do is sieging cities.

EU3_960.jpg

The first time that France offers a White Peace.

EU3_962.jpg

I get the control back province for province and move into France.
France doesn't build many new regiments.
Sweden and Castille accept a white peace with France.

EU3_966.jpg

The rebels need almost 5 weeks to march from Messina to Calabria. Not a single ship came by to prevent this.
I have to bring in more troops from Siena to defeat them.

EU3_968.jpg

Aragon and England attack France in the south, Portugal disembarks in Normandie.
I have taken back all provinces, except Oldenburg, and can siege the north of France without getting attacked.
Only a 2-3 vassals pass by.

EU3_971.jpg

I attack Sicily. Made the mistake once, not to detroy Naples, don't need this to happen again.
The emperor still holds Apulia. As long as he does, I can't take anything.

EU3_974.jpg

The front in january 1451.

EU3_978.jpg

I take back the last province and my income is at its maximum again.

EU3_979.jpg

Now my WE decreases by a decent amount. I got +0.17 WE from occupied provinces max.

EU3_980.jpg

The first rebels rise in France. Heretics in Othe and Bourbon. These two stacks combine and will be trouble for some time.

EU3_984.jpg

Yum Yum. I have 1763 ducats and start 25 workshops. My treasury is 500 now.
I keep some money reserve for events or to rebuild destroyed units allways.
My total annually income is 330 at the moment. The Master of Mint event will be active till 1454.

EU3_989.jpg

Aragon makes peace. Armagnac was occupied by England. I don't know why Aragon got it. I think England lost control, but I didn't see that.

EU3_995.jpg

The first patriots appear. I see no reason to attack them. I attack only Heretics and Peasants.

EU3_997.jpg

The French WE hits the peak. Rebels will keep the French busy for some years.

EU3_998.jpg

The war in January 1452. The Heretics from Bourbon are still alive. They really slow me down in the centre on France.
Some days later Sicily is mine. The emperor still keeps Apulia. I can get a white peace or wait that the emperor whites out. I decide to wait.

EU3_1004.jpg

Nationalists raise in the south. The rebels in Poitou are still the Heretics from Bourbon. They really are a pain in the ass.
I have to merge some siege stacks to attack the last armies of France and Provence.

EU3_1005.jpg

Apulia is free again. A small siege unit was waiting for that. Naples get's no chance to build new soldiers.

EU3_1010.jpg

My luck with events keeps going. 14K rebels in Cologne it is. The slider changes would be worth.

EU3_1018.jpg

Naples is mine. I was at war with them every 5 years, defending the Papal State. This should end now.
No more rebels should raise in Northern Italy. I station my Italian army in Calabria.

EU3_1022.jpg

The French army is gone.

EU3_1023.jpg

January 1453. France is mine. Rebels rampage everywhere in the west and the south.

EU3_1024.jpg

A new king. Not the best one.

EU3_1028.jpg

Ukrainia breaks free from the Golden Horde. The Horde owns 2(!) provinces now.

EU3_1032.jpg

The last french city surrenders.

EU3_1033.jpg

I regroup my armies. The warscore is 94%. Rebels control 14 provinces and siege three more at the moment.

What do I do now?
Do I take a peace now or should I wait till enough provinces defected and declared independence?
Do I retake Hainault? It's a good province and gives me more space to maneuver in the north of France.

Yeah, wait until provinces defect or rebel against France, creating new nations.

Once a good number of them defect or rebel, take a chunk of France, or if your BB would be too high, take all their money and one or two provinces.

And yeah, be sure to take Hainault. It's a good province, I've learned that by experience playing as Burgundy.

Good work. But there's (as always :p ) one thing I would like to comment on and perhaps get an explanation. :)

Why did you not let the rebels do the siegeing for you instead of throwing your men at them early? If you beat a rebel force sieging a province you will get to continue the siege from where the rebels left of so why not just walk around them and take the rest first. Then when you could assemble big enough forces you could smash the rebels easier. I have used that technique several times and it saves both time since you and your "rebel ally" siege more provinces earlier and it will also save men from battle and attrition thus lowering the WE. And in this case a small lowering of WE could mean a lot if that made you creep under 5 WE so you could get french provinces defecting to you.. Or was that simply not an option for some reason here? It's always hard to see the details and thoughts behind details in cases like this. :)

Why did you not let the rebels do the siegeing for you instead of throwing your men at them early? If you beat a rebel force sieging a province you will get to continue the siege from where the rebels left off ......

Really? Does this work generally? So long as there is no moment when there isn't a force hostile to the fort owner, I suppose.

But how can you find out the status of a siege in which you are not the controller?

You cant really, but can generalize by how much of the original garrison is still active. Better yet, just let them siege completely for you then move in and kill them upon the city falling....then you should only have a garrison of a few hundred with low morale, easy to assualt and take.

Really? Does this work generally? So long as there is no moment when there isn't a force hostile to the fort owner, I suppose.

But how can you find out the status of a siege in which you are not the controller?

I'm not sure you can see it before you take over the siege, but as soon as you have beaten the rebels you can see that the city is still burning and it says something like the city will surrender within 3 months.. As long as you keep a sieging unit of course.

You cant really, but can generalize by how much of the original garrison is still active. Better yet, just let them siege completely for you then move in and kill them upon the city falling....then you should only have a garrison of a few hundred with low morale, easy to assualt and take.

Depends on how you want to do it. If you siege you will have to start from 0 so it will be harder but if you assault it's perhaps easier. Perhaps since the breach in the wall also dissapears when the fort falls.

But for the sake of the AAR this could be discussed someplace else if wanted. :)

Thanks for so many answers to my questions. Everybody says the same so far. Wait for France to break and take Hainault.

That is truly amazing. Though your WE is incredibly high, so another war may not be feasible any time soon.

My WE is 4.74 on 15th July 1454 and goes down 0.06/month in war and 0.14 in peace time. My BB is near the limit as soon as I make peace with France. I need to wait more than two years to let the BB cool down, so no real problem here.

Good work. But there's (as always :p ) one thing I would like to comment on and perhaps get an explanation. :)

Why did you not let the rebels do the siegeing for you instead of throwing your men at them early?

If there is anything to comment, please feel free to do so.

I was working with 2-4k siege units. That was a combined 15 or 16k rebelstack. Some more raising rebels could have cornered me. That happend more than once to me in the past. I just wanted to prevent that kind of situation.

Nice to see you take France apart so completely - and that in only seven years!

My vote would be to see if you can get France to spin off some countries, either through the peace deal, or through rebellion. Take Hainault if it's worth it to you - your math on cost/benefit comparisons seems to be pretty accurate, so far. :)