• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Shist

Recruit
17 Badges
Jul 27, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
Experimentation
You get science for each pop, livestock for science. There would be a purge option like this for hiveminds and genocidal empires. normal machine empires could also have this.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions:
Perhaps it could be tied to a specific Civic. I've had an idea for new Robot Civic that would be similar to Rogue Servitors, but with your organic pops suffering under "Obligatory Testing" rather than "Mandatory Pampering" and producing science instead of Unity. Basically the Glados option.

That would obviously be a Civic, so perhaps Organics could get a Civic of their own to allow for a large-scale supply of involuntary test subjects. Also, depending on the specific flavor for the Civic, I could also see Test Subject slaves providing +X% research per pop instead of direct Research. That way you still need actual researchers on the planet to subject them to experimentation.

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Experimentation
You get science for each pop, livestock for science.
how much science though? because if its just one per type than its not worth it. this slavery should def be limited to xenophobes and materialist too

Perhaps it could be tied to a specific Civic. I've had an idea for new Robot Civic that would be similar to Rogue Servitors, but with your organic pops suffering under "Obligatory Testing" rather than "Mandatory Pampering" and producing science instead of Unity. Basically the Glados option.

That would obviously be a Civic, so perhaps Organics could get a Civic of their own to allow for a large-scale supply of involuntary test subjects. Also, depending on the specific flavor for the Civic, I could also see Test Subject slaves providing +X% research per pop instead of direct Research. That way you still need actual researchers on the planet to subject them to experimentation.
yes

how much science though? because if its just one per type than its not worth it. this slavery should def be limited to xenophobes and materialist too
About half less than researchers, they don't use consumer goods and have no limit, they might get the same buffs as researchers or maybe each pop gives +.1% researcher along with their own science. I have little expertise in game balance, people being experimented on was an actual thing that happened, and it would make sense in Stellaris.

You could also make it a Purge type, which generates a few Amenities just by happening, and a bunch of Society every time a pop is removed.

That would prevent stacking.