• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hopefully i done that quote right! You a Kiwi living in Korea? and yeah theres not many of us about ive seen a couple floating about but not many i guess cause NZ is just another country of CoD fanatics who will never learn of
true games ;)

Yes, I am I guess. Yeah, it's either CoD or GTA in NZ. I remember when Halo was hugely popular, but not sure anymore… People need to learn that games that makes you think is superior over flashy graphics.

Looks like a pretty neat little mod, this!

Although I noticed in the event folders that chinese_events does not have a .txt affixed to the end signifying it is a file to be loaded. Any reason for that? Still working on that?
Also, what sort of coats of arms do you have loaded for this one? Are they Chinese style?

Yes, that is intentional as I am not sure if I wanted to integrate the Chinese events yet. Also, if I were to integrate it, I want to revise it a bit and make it fit with this mod.

subbed.

If they are pre-set, when exactly are the invasion dates?

They are not pre-set, but it is dependent on the Aztec Invasion event "Aztec vs Incas".

You should add a Vinlandic Invasion

But that's ahistorical! :p

This looks like an interesting mod (Who does not need more a-historical invasions? ;) ) . Do you plan to add other invaders and maybe include the zulu invasion mod made by neondt (if you can get the permission to do so)?

For the record, there exists a Chinese Faces and Chinese Characters Mod already. You should integrate those as well, especially because the Japanese and Chinese have similar roots.

This mod does not work for me, when is it supposed to fire?

This looks like an interesting mod (Who does not need more a-historical invasions? ;) ) . Do you plan to add other invaders and maybe include the zulu invasion mod made by neondt (if you can get the permission to do so)?

There is a what now?

For the record, there exists a Chinese Faces and Chinese Characters Mod already. You should integrate those as well, especially because the Japanese and Chinese have similar roots.

Yup, I know. I've incorporated those into the mod already. It is just a matter of adapting some of the events and what not.

This mod does not work for me, when is it supposed to fire?

It's supposed to fire once the whole debacle about the Aztecs fighting the Incas event trigger, but at the moment there seems to be a bug that is preventing it from happening. I will be releasing a patch soon-ish...

If you convert to EUIV will the Japanese have an epic eastern empire?

Once again, another version is up and this time the mod has been demoted to Beta.

Code:
Changelog version 1.1.0:
- Separated the event files - may solve the issues for those whose events are not firing
- Added new religions: various Western and two Eastern (Amidism and Taoism)
- Activated the Chinese events where you get random courtiers if you are Indian (the Chinese Mod)
- Added new features to the converter such as a new tech group and Japan dominating the East

Planned:
- Compatibility
- Icons and other Graphics
- Mesoamerican events like the Chinese ones

Right, that's about it. Remember, if there are any problems, make a bug report here so I know that this mod isn't working.

Aight, cheers!

Once again, another version is up and this time the mod has been demoted to Beta.

Code:
Changelog version 1.1.0:
- Separated the event files - may solve the issues for those whose events are not firing
- Added new religions: various Western and two Eastern (Amidism and Taoism)
- Activated the Chinese events where you get random courtiers if you are Indian (the Chinese Mod)
- Added new features to the converter such as a new tech group and Japan dominating the East

Planned:
- Compatibility
- Icons and other Graphics
- Mesoamerican events like the Chinese ones

Right, that's about it. Remember, if there are any problems, make a bug report here so I know that this mod isn't working.

Aight, cheers!

will my ongoing game be compatible with the changes? It's my longest-running game to date and don't want to scuttle my progress...

will my ongoing game be compatible with the changes? It's my longest-running game to date and don't want to scuttle my progress...

I have absolutely no idea. Make a backup and have both versions of the mod just in case.

Translation?

I know that the Aztecs should show up between 1250-1350, but What are the conditions that start the event chaina for the other invasions?

Apologise for the absurdly late response. For the version you are using, I believe the event for China and Japan are the off-screen event about the Incas engaging the Japanese, which itself occurs if the event for the Aztecs fighting the Incas has occured. So, "Aztec Invasion" -> "Aztec vs Inca" -> "Inca Invasion" (may also include "Mayan Invasion") -> "Inca vs Japan" -> "Japanese Invasion" -> "Chinese Invasion" -> "Potential Mongol Takeover". The timeline is the same as the Aztecs for the old version, whereas the current version is at 1350 (for "historical accuracy" :p).

If the events aren't firing, please do let me know so that I can bash my head against the wall some more. Seriously. There are no reasons why they shouldn't be firing in coding aspects, yet I am having difficulties myself reproducing something cool.

New Release Candidate

Hello everyone,

As you may know, I have been having a lot of trouble with this mod. As you may have noticed, I have made a new mod called "Norse Korea is Best Korea: A Sunrise Invasion Mod", otherwise known as the DPRK mod :)D) as noted below:

Mate what's up with the DPRK mod? Have you given up this one?

Have I abandoned this mod? Hell no! I have been working for several days straight in secret to try and make this work. After several false starts, there finally seems to be a solution and things seems to be working. The so-called DPRK mod was actually a testing field for me where I could work on a smaller project since for some reason, this so-called mini-mod (Sunrise Invasion) became quite big. Anyways, regardless of that, I have managed to get some use out of the DPRK mod. Now, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for all the screwed gameplay due to this faulty mod. Several changes are made in this new version which will be addressed in the changelog below, and it will be considered a brand new start for "Sunrise Invasion" where all previous versions will be retconned as Milestones (Pre-Alpha), since they didn't work.

Right, without further ado.

Code:
Changelog version Release Candidate:
- Fixed a bug where invasion events just wouldn't fire ("shift +" bug)
- Fixed a bug where certain decisions didn't appear
- Fixed other bugs which I cannot remember
- Removed all non-vanilla cultures not involved in the Invasions
- Removed the Chinese Mod by Zusk
- Merged the new Eastern Religions with the Indian Religions
- Indian Religion Group renamed to "Indo-Cataian"
- Changed the arbitrary dates for the invasions to make it more dynamic
- Added new decisions
- Added new events
- Added new titles
- Added GFX for new religions and decisions
- Chinese invasions are now more dynamic
- Nearly full compatibility (new icons may conflict)
- Converter Kings Universalis is now in Beta stage (needs GFX for High Chinese Tech Group)

Though I consider this ready, it still needs to be tested out more and as such feedback would be very much appreciated. For testing, I recommend using the 1250 start date so as not to waste too much time.

Also another thing. Currently, there are only one dynasties defined for the Mayan and the Quechua (Inca) cultures. If anyone could help me examples (I'm looking for twenty nine more), it will be of great help. Thanks!