• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Right, new version is out and the Mod has once again been upgraded to Gamma. This time round I have added a second Mod called "Sunrise Invasion Now" (SIN for short) which is exactly the same thing, with the possibility of China invading around 960 AD as requested. That version won't be supported except for critical bugs.

Code:
Changelog version 2.0.0:
- Fixed a bug where the Chinese coat of arms didn't show at all
- Fixed a bug where one of the horde invaders couldn't invade
- Buffed the Chinese Invaders
- Added gfx icons for the Mayans and the High Chinese Tech Group for CKU

Known problems:
- The Chinese coat of arms do not work as intended and needs some serious attention (beyond my expertise unfortunately)
- Reformed Inca and Reformed Mayan needs the glowing icon (needs someone who can do this)

Aight, that's it for now. Hopefully, this time round everything will actually fucking work (no more bashing my skull against the wall). If you find any bugs, please do let me know. I really do need to know if there is a problem otherwise I'll never get around fixing it.

This sounds very interesting, and I will endeavor to give it a try. However, I must ask...have you expanded the flavor and depth of the Aztecs any? I ask because frankly, the Aztecs are lacking in special flavor in my opinion, and from a certain extent they might as well be a West African pagan horde because there's just not much interesting they can do besides conquering things.

[EXP] Without Honour: A Historical Menace

Mongol_Invaders.png

Announcing an expansion to the expansion of an expansion, I present to you: Without Honour! Like Sunrise Invasion, Without Honour will also feature more invasions from the East. However, unlike Sunrise Invasion, the invasions from Without Honour will be based on history rather than fantasy.

Code:
Changelog version 2.1.0:
- Two new invasions: Kara-Khitans and the Chagatai Khanate
- Potential Adventure-style invasion by a certain Naiman prince and a retaliation by a certain Mongol khan
- New Khitan culture
- Two new portraits: Khitan and Japanese
- Changed the Coat of Arms from the Chinese symbol ones to a more generic religion based ones

Right, it seems that I have been neglecting some question so I'll get back to you now while I'm still at it:

What exactly is the bug where Chinese coat of arms do not work as intended, mate? Taking a look at this now and not sure what you mean by it.

The bug was that characters with the new Eastern religions tended to either use the standard Christian coat of arms or end up with a really screwed up looking coat of arms which only showed in the diplomacy screen. This has been fixed with the replacement of the current coat of arms.

This sounds very interesting, and I will endeavor to give it a try. However, I must ask...have you expanded the flavor and depth of the Aztecs any? I ask because frankly, the Aztecs are lacking in special flavor in my opinion, and from a certain extent they might as well be a West African pagan horde because there's just not much interesting they can do besides conquering things.

No I have not. In hindsight, I probably should have, however the intent of this mod is not really to do with flavour, but rather feed upon the desires of those who enjoy getting spit-roasted again and again.

If I have missed your questions, I apologise I'll try and get back to you if you bump it. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy this new version.

Note: This may or may not be compatible with the previous version, use at your own risk.

I keep getting the previous realms of China events, every month. How do I stop them?

I keep getting the previous realms of China events, every month. How do I stop them?

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you upload a screenshot?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/rbefjt

Here is one of the 4 that pop up on the 11th of each month.

I am also using Measter's Title Generator because I hate vanilla setup, but I don't think that would cause this problem.

Last edited:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/rbefjt

Here is one of the 4 that pop up on the 11th of each month.

I am also using Measter's Title Generator because I hate vanilla setup, but I don't think that would cause this problem.

Are the ruling dynasties changing?

PS next time use capture screenshot button which is either F11 or F12 (latter being Steam).

No I have not. In hindsight, I probably should have, however the intent of this mod is not really to do with flavour, but rather feed upon the desires of those who enjoy getting spit-roasted again and again.

Considering the additions of events and things you've added, I'd suspect adding some flavor to the Aztecs wouldn't be all that difficult.

That being said, if in whatever next update you do you could at least edit the sacrifice event to generate some piety and prestige, and make it so the Aztecs can traverse rivers and Raid, then all will be right in the world.

Considering the additions of events and things you've added, I'd suspect adding some flavor to the Aztecs wouldn't be all that difficult.

Those events were done after you asked about it. It was a matter of trying to resolve a crash before releasing it. Though I am interested, I need examples so feel free to make suggestions and I'll consider your input.

That being said, if in whatever next update you do you could at least edit the sacrifice event to generate some piety and prestige, and make it so the Aztecs can traverse rivers and Raid, then all will be right in the world.

I don't know about rivers and raiding. I mean, they are an invading horde with tens of thousands of soldiers. Wouldn't the extra stuff make them awfully OP?

My F11/F12 is broken, so I cant do that. Yes, the ruling dynasties are changing.

I looked in the files, and I think its the Chinese invasion events (307-309) which are the ones I am seeing pop up all of the time.

Last edited:
This is a quickfix which fixes some very minor things.

Code:
Changelog version 2.1.1:
- Fixed a missing localisation for the Khitan event
- Fixed an issue where the Chinese Dynasty event kept popping up

Note: The Chinese event which seems to be causing the problem was actually working as intended, but I realised that it may be annoying if the dynasty constantly changes due to bad family management on the AIs part.

Also of note, playing in later start dates, the Chagatai dynasty keeps popping up every 2-4 weeks. Not sure if something needs to be tweaked similar to the Chinese events as above. May want to look over all eastern dynasties being spawned and see the frequency of dynasty heads changing.

Also of note, playing in later start dates, the Chagatai dynasty keeps popping up every 2-4 weeks. Not sure if something needs to be tweaked similar to the Chinese events as above. May want to look over all eastern dynasties being spawned and see the frequency of dynasty heads changing.

Could you elaborate on this?

Could you elaborate on this?

Pretty much the same bug as stated by the lad above who said the Chinese event sequence kept popping up frequently. I imagine it's just dynasty or title changing hands so often that it keeps spamming the event. I don't think the event itself is broken as I cannot find any coding that looks amiss (I'm playing in 1300 or so, by the way), just repeated events of the Sibling Rivalry & Chagatai horde.

Another quickfix, thanks largely in parts to helpful feedbacks.

Code:
Changelog version 2.1.2:
- Added graphical definition for the Japanese Culture
- Fixed a bug where an event constantly pops up due to a missing flag

Those events were done after you asked about it. It was a matter of trying to resolve a crash before releasing it. Though I am interested, I need examples so feel free to make suggestions and I'll consider your input.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_religion

Could give some resources to help. Also tweaking say the general hunt to involve some of the practices of the Aztecs...or maybe even adding an event to the great hunt for them that involves Christian villagers trying to kill the pagan demon who claims to rule over them.

Similarly, some events comparing the cultural differences between them, with options that could give you bonuses or penalties would be interesting (say for example allowing local festivals to be held, reducing revolt risk but making your vassal(s) in the area not approve of it.

They should definitively get a festival event of some sort, considering they had a great many large festivals.

Oh! A grand Temple building that can be built in the capital would be neat too.

I don't know about rivers and raiding. I mean, they are an invading horde with tens of thousands of soldiers. Wouldn't the extra stuff make them awfully OP?

The Aztecs are the only pagans incapable of raiding in the game, which I view as frankly being silly. The traveling on rivers bit however is based on the idea that their ships are built around those of the Vikings.