• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_religion

Could give some resources to help. Also tweaking say the general hunt to involve some of the practices of the Aztecs...or maybe even adding an event to the great hunt for them that involves Christian villagers trying to kill the pagan demon who claims to rule over them.

Similarly, some events comparing the cultural differences between them, with options that could give you bonuses or penalties would be interesting (say for example allowing local festivals to be held, reducing revolt risk but making your vassal(s) in the area not approve of it.

They should definitively get a festival event of some sort, considering they had a great many large festivals.

Oh! A grand Temple building that can be built in the capital would be neat too.

Hmm... I will take into consideration.

The Aztecs are the only pagans incapable of raiding in the game, which I view as frankly being silly. The traveling on rivers bit however is based on the idea that their ships are built around those of the Vikings.

That requires editing the 00_religions.txt file meaning the mod will become even less incompatible with other mods.

Hey LK was wondering if this is compatible with with SWMH and HIP and i was wondering if you couple put up an ETA on the dates the arrival of the hordes come?

It should be pretty compatible, though I'm not sure how they change up the province IDs in SWMH.

I have no idea on the ETA on horde arrival since they are all dependent on each other as well as other events. I can tell you this though: Incas and the Mayans will arrive once the Aztec clashes with the former in the New World; the Japanese will arrive once the Incas clashes with them in Japan; the Chinese will arrive after the Japanese arrive; the Kara-Khitans will arrive around 1000s or whenever their historical date was; the Mongol Khanate will arrive if the Kara-Khitan Khanate is overtaken by that fellow Genghis Khan wants to kill or during the time period of the Yuan dynasty if the Mongol Hordes hasn't arrived; and the Chagatai Khanate will arrive a few decades after the Golden Horde arrives.

I hope that answers your question.

Hey LumberKing, did you ever figure out what the issue with the coats of arms was, mate?

If you're talking about the old Chinese name Coats of Arms, no. I have not, so I simply ditched it in favour of Eastern Religion based Coats of Arms.

When I do the conversion with this mod, ROTW does not convert they way it is supposed to, with Uber Japan and Ming empires...

So I have an "Empire of Japan" owning most of Rajastan, and "Japan" the figurehead emperor over warring daimyo...

Does anyone else have this problem or was the feature not yet implemented. I'm sure I have the latest version of the mod.

Compatibility patch for the Charlemagne DLC Patch 2.2 is out now.

Code:
Changelog version 2.2.0:
- Updated for compatibility with Charlemagne
- Added the Chagatai Khanate to the converter
- Added the Tang Dynasty for the Cathaian Menace
- Added a new invasion event if the Sunni Caliphate expands too quickly (around the Tarim Basin)
- Downgraded the Kara-Khitan Khanate to a king-tier level from an emperor-tier level
- Nerfed the event troops for the Kara-Khitan Khanate
- Title holders of the Kara-Khitan Khanate will always be addressed as "Khan"
- Fixed a localisation error which confused the Yuan Dynasty for the Qing Dynasty

For those confused regarding the numbering of the patch, in a way it is to reflect the Charlemagne DLC (ie bring things up to date) as well as indicating a major patch. The third number will be used for working in progress while the lettering will be for minor patches. I've read that the converter has not been working properly in regards to the Far Eastern Superpowers. I am not quite sure how to work this, so if anyone knows how to deal with this, please let me know. Also, I would like help in regards to the clothing in that once I figure it out, have two different versions of the Chinese clothing for the early era and the middle era, just for the sake of flavour. Once I have all these stuff down and tweak the converter, I intend on "upgrading" this from a Gamma to a Delta.

As always, please feel free to leave a feedback or ten.

Minor nitpick, if I may - the mod seems to be incompatible with the Charlemagne Dynasty Shields minor DLC.

The Zunist shields were those of the Zoroastrians etc, not their usual shields. Abbasids and Ummayads had their generic symbols instead of the special shield black flag and white flag respectively. Not sure about the others but I'd assume the same for the other dynasty shields provided by that DLC. Other than that, it seemed to run fine while I was playing the Zunbil.

Other than that, no problems I see so far. I'll keep you posted if I find anything someone else doesn't bring up.

Edit: I found downloading the Coat of Arms compatibility patch fixes the problem I mentioned, just in case anyone else has all the coat of arms DLC and is left scratching their heads. Tested it together with Sunrise invasion, the custom coats of arms are where they should be.

For the purposes of credit, the Coat of Arms Editor Expansion is the creation of one ShamanMcLambie (so credits go to him for creating the Coat of Arms Editor Expansion Mod).
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?773861-Coat-of-Arms-Editor-Expansion

Last edited:
When the event fires for the Chinese invasion, it says that they are invading, but no troops are spawned and they don't declare war.

Same with me. I had to manually use the console event to trigger the Japanese invasion after waiting for them for about 75-100 years after the Maya showed up, but when I didn't do it for the Chinese, they never showed up.

Same with me. I had to manually use the console event to trigger the Japanese invasion after waiting for them for about 75-100 years after the Maya showed up, but when I didn't do it for the Chinese, they never showed up.
In my case, the event happened and it definitely said that they declared war in the event, but nothing actually happened besides them gaining a bunch of courtiers.

Also, none of the courtiers were the religion of the invader. They were all either tengri, catholic, or sunni.

It sounds like something broke when I made this compatible with Charlemagne. Can someone send me their savegame so I can find out what exactly went wrong and fix it when the next patch (probably after The Art of War) comes out. Thanks.

Love this mod, thank you for all the hard work.

Can I ask how you got the new cultures to use the tribal invasion CB, what else apart from horde = yes did you set in the files.

[B@W] Abominus;18364972 said:
Greetings,

is this mod now compatible with the latest patch?
Yes, or atleast the non-beta one.

Is this mod compatible with other mods in terms of gameplay, i.e. Ancient Religions et al?

Last edited:
Compatibility patch for the Art of War DLC and the upcoming Way of Life DLC Patch 2.3 is out now.

Code:
Changelog version 2.3.0:
- Updated for compatibility with Art of War
- Updated for compatibility with Way of Life (Beta)
- Added new religion icons
- Fixed converter issues for the Far East (probably)
- Chagatai Khanate now exists during the historical start dates
- Changed learning bonus to martial bonus for Amidists
- Changed learning bonus to diplomacy bonus for Confucians
- Changed learning bonus to stewardship bonus for Taoists
- Changed learning bonus to intrigue bonus for Shintos
- Re-upgraded the Kara-Khitan Khanate to an emperor-tier level title

As of this version, I consider Sunrise Invasion to be now Delta (whatever that's supposed to mean). Though I may do hotfixes, I am taking a break from this for a while since I have recently taken a huge project.

As always, please feel free to leave a feedback or ten.

I have two main issues to report with this mod:

1. The event of "chinese dynasty renamed to yuan" fires on average twice a mongth for the rest of the game starting after the mongols spawn. I can't let the game run for four seconds before I have to click away the popup.

2. When the mayans and inca spawn, they spawn with waaay too many troops all at once. When they land, the game immediately slows dramatically from 5 days per second to 1 day in 5 seconds. I suggest reducing the initial stacks and instead allowing them periodic reinforcements if you don't want to reduce their total event troops.

I can't wait for the next update.

Reactions:
I have no idea on the ETA on horde arrival since they are all dependent on each other as well as other events. I can tell you this though: Incas and the Mayans will arrive once the Aztec clashes with the former in the New World; the Japanese will arrive once the Incas clashes with them in Japan; the Chinese will arrive after the Japanese arrive; the Kara-Khitans will arrive around 1000s or whenever their historical date was; the Mongol Khanate will arrive if the Kara-Khitan Khanate is overtaken by that fellow Genghis Khan wants to kill or during the time period of the Yuan dynasty if the Mongol Hordes hasn't arrived; and the Chagatai Khanate will arrive a few decades after the Golden Horde arrives

84620.jpg

in all serriousness though this looks awesome thanks for making this