• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does this mod make use of all DLC portrait packs? I didn't see mention of it in the first post though I could have overlooked. I own all portraits, so I'd like to take advantage of them in a mod.
The statement in the OP is somewhat outdated now. And CPRplus doesn't require Sunset Invasion, which contains the Nahua portraits, so the statement is in fact misleading. You basically need all portrait-containing DLC's except for Sunset Invasion and The Republic. You can find a full list in the HIP CK2 Wiki page.

Am I missing something or are the english and italian portraits from CPR for HIP for 2.8 completely gone in the respective CPR version for the patch 3.0 HIP? I kinda love those crowns.

Reactions:
Hi I'd love to ask some question, I love to adds more eyes colors and hair colors to all the portraits but it quite tedious thing to do when I have to edit all the .gfx files, especially when you guys keep releasing the new patch every once in awhile. Are there any ways I can edit or make 1 eyes/hairs .gfx templates that will cover the whole portraits files?

White neck and chin on Muslims.

Attachments

• 20190305214057_1.jpg
    20190305214057_1.jpg
    483,2 KB · Views: 132
  • 20190305214102_1.jpg
    20190305214102_1.jpg
    498,7 KB · Views: 108
  • 20190306183832_1.jpg
    20190306183832_1.jpg
    725,4 KB · Views: 100
  • 20190306185216_1.jpg
    20190306185216_1.jpg
    706,3 KB · Views: 106
  • 20190306185329_1.jpg
    20190306185329_1.jpg
    719,8 KB · Views: 106
  • 20190306185347_1.jpg
    20190306185347_1.jpg
    691,3 KB · Views: 93
Am I missing something or are the english and italian portraits from CPR for HIP for 2.8 completely gone in the respective CPR version for the patch 3.0 HIP? I kinda love those crowns.
The Italian ones are no longer in the files IIRC. Late-era English ones are still there though.

Hi I'd love to ask some question, I love to adds more eyes colors and hair colors to all the portraits but it quite tedious thing to do when I have to edit all the .gfx files, especially when you guys keep releasing the new patch every once in awhile. Are there any ways I can edit or make 1 eyes/hairs .gfx templates that will cover the whole portraits files?
Unfortunately no, you have to modify each portrait definition one by one.

White neck and chin on Muslims.
Known issue due to the fat chin assets not having been recolored yet.

I experimented a little bit with the Norse portraits, replacing many parts with the German ones. Differences aren't major, and one downside to it is that the old portrait doesn't have as many wrinkles as I'd like (mostly an issue with the vanilla German assets themselves). What do you think?

IwpyvTB.jpg

The ones in the picture here look ok, but in the game, I find most of the new female faces very odd. I liked the old ones much more, except the fact that there were two types of fat chins which made them appear too often.

The ones in the picture here look ok, but in the game, I find most of the new female faces very odd. I liked the old ones much more, except the fact that there were two types of fat chins which made them appear too often.
That's because I changed the nose and chin to English ones after taking those screenshots. But you are right, after doing some more experiments, German chin works a lot better. Reverted in dev version now.

My HIP installer can't determine my active CKII
game folder when I'm trying to install CPR. I have my game folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

What should I do?

Last edited:
I just wanted to stop in and say I absolutely love the newer Norman portraits. Please don't change them ever. xD

In my personal install I'm actually contemplating to changing the French portraits to mirror the Norman ones (though keeping Occitan as they are) simply because I both like them so much and...well, unfortunate though it may be, the current French faces look...odd? Odd. Before I do, is there any plan to alter said French portraits from their current state?

I just wanted to stop in and say I absolutely love the newer Norman portraits. Please don't change them ever. xD
I see no reason to alter it in the foreseeable future. :)

In my personal install I'm actually contemplating to changing the French portraits to mirror the Norman ones (though keeping Occitan as they are) simply because I both like them so much and...well, unfortunate though it may be, the current French faces look...odd? Odd. Before I do, is there any plan to alter said French portraits from their current state?
Perhaps when sifsilver manages to find some time to work on some assets... I think that Crackdtoothgrin's style changed over the years, so I think that has got to do with the Frankish assets looking different from previous ones, too.

Please have the Romans use Italian faces. They're currently generic western.
As are the welsh. Give them English faces with celtic clothing.
Something went wrong with your installation, or you have some mod conflict going on. CPRplus doesn't do that, unless something in the most recent CK2 patch does something wonky. I haven't had the time to check CPRplus's compatibility with the new patch yet.

*Edit*
Ok, I can confirm that they turn out just fine with the recent patch. Check to see if you have any mods that modify the culture file.

Last edited:
I was wondering if you've considered integrating the dynamic children feature from blg into cpr+ (given the blg creator provides consent)? Its actually pretty cool and adds immersion to the game

I was wondering if you've considered integrating the dynamic children feature from blg into cpr+ (given the blg creator provides consent)? Its actually pretty cool and adds immersion to the game
What is it ?

Children portraits with the BLG mod give more hints about the age of the kid. For example between 0 and 2 they are represented as true babies and not 6/8-year-old looking children :)

Unless there's been some new addition to the mod, isn't this just achieved by having the portraits be different sizes? Never really liked that feature at all, can't say it was very immersive.

Unless there's been some new addition to the mod, isn't this just achieved by having the portraits be different sizes? Never really liked that feature at all, can't say it was very immersive.

Yeah I'd much rather have a hair, outfit and headgear selection feature that they do since it's really nice to change your looks and the looks of others whenever you want. The latest patch didn't fix the barber shop bug for females so such a selector would be really appreciated.

Hi,

Please can anyone help/advise on a missing/blank/invisible portraits bug?

Nobody else seems to be experiencing this, so no doubt it's something wrong on my end...but look at the listed heir in pic below (also under his children).

So far I've noticed this only after the Mongol 3-way split. Also noticed it in some of the Arab states.

Playing version 3.0.1.1, CPRplus (v3.0.3 - 2019-03-27). This is the first time I've managed to install CPRplus (previously had been missing certain DLCs). This time it didn't flag any missing DLCs during install, though I suspected there was still one I had to buy.

Other note in case its relevant - I also recently bought Jade Fury, but had switched it off in the launcher for the game below as I have no interest in seeing grand popups every time the Chinese Emperor goes to the toilet (also Chinese music when playing in the Black Sea region? No thanks). Last thing to note is that since installing CPRplus, my machine is hanging for a second or two when clicking on certain characters (eg Mongol Great Khan before the split) - no worries if this is just my tired old rig being old, but may be relevant.

Any help would be much appreciated! Could this be as simple as fixing something so that I can continue my ongoing game? Thanks in advance!

ck2_2.png