• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nothing too special, just a game of Coptic Mamluks. Sadly didn't go as well as planned as it took me 3 coptic revolts to convert (and even then, at 50% with some of Egypt and all of Syria to convert because of how stupid rebels are).

H8XBp04.jpg

YxfH6qh.jpg

My expansion East leaves a lot to be desired since Persia keeps calling me into wars and not giving me anything. I let Byzantium live far too long as they managed to ally Poland and Commonwealth was too intimidating for me to try taking on (did eventually fight the alliance and took Edirne, Constantinople, Biga and another province by attrition). On the other hand, these coring costs are simply lovely.

FCcm3BC.jpg

Currently have 4 missionaries, will work towards Mecca someday. I really like the feel of these games where I'm working towars Europe while joining into the politics and throne game. Goal is to dismantle the HRE since the Evanlegical union already won. No Coptic Emperor :( .

Reactions:
^ Emperor has to be in Europe now anyway, so unless you were planning on a form decision to move you there it wasn't in play regardless. IMO the only political advantage of consequence for ROTW Christian in Europe is slightly easier time diplovassaling; I never found picking up non-rival allies hard after early game. As an Abrahamic religion, however, Coptic is obviously excellent regardless.

^ Emperor has to be in Europe now anyway, so unless you were planning on a form decision to move you there it wasn't in play regardless. IMO the only political advantage of consequence for ROTW Christian in Europe is slightly easier time diplovassaling; I never found picking up non-rival allies hard after early game. As an Abrahamic religion, however, Coptic is obviously excellent regardless.

Ah I forgot.The idea was mostly to get PUs, but I'm not sure it's going to happen any time soon.

My ol' Byzantium ironman is done, got Basileus and In The Name of the Father

France is in a union (since the 1590s, muscovy is a vassal) (click to make larger)

bccANb5.jpg

UfRbW4x.jpg

My ol' Byzantium ironman is done, got Basileus and In The Name of the Father

France is in a union (since the 1590s, muscovy is a vassal) (click to make larger)

bccANb5.jpg

UfRbW4x.jpg
That Chagatai is pretty intimidating.

GB Ironman. Stopped about 20 years before the end because I've played 3 full ironmen games now and I got really bored :p

2mhg4g4.jpg

Interesting points to note:

Brittany was around until I conquered it about 5 years previous. It had colonies in South America, Madagascar and the East Indies

Poland/Lithuania is just too OP nowadays. Every game I play they blob but I've never seen Poland take Turkey before lol

I kicked Spain/Frances ass a few times, managing to establish my grip on the continent and force Spain to release Leon making for some ugly borders

Burgundy was never absorbed by anybody and their rivalry with France combined with my rivalry with France meant the French were on the backfoot all game

Oh and incase I didn't mention it, Poland is OP.

I posted this on Reddit a few days ago.

For my second HRE game I decided to try and get as many princes in the empire as possible without client states. I revoked around 1550 which I don't think is too bad. 155 is the maximum I could get but I believe you could hit 170.

VN9copa.jpg

2mFXubm.jpg

Doesn't the HRE look grand?
tPUCkg5.jpg

What's the strategy? Core -> add to HRE -> release vassal?

The glorious Mutapa Republic:
5A4E243A858B235EDB41BE7B6A51DD0DEA42ED48

Sorry for the ugly West-Africa, Air was a few months away from integration, and Portugals forts were harder to crack than anticipated, so there's still some occupation going on. Air and Jenné were my vassals, Shirvan would've accepted vassalisation as soon as I was at peace. The Commonwealth was my ally against the Ottomans untill they started a war without me and annexed Greece and Anatolia in one swoop. They're still my ally, but only grudgeinly.

Mutapa was the first nation in the world to have a constitution(in the sixteen hundreds due to some revolutionary rebels). My capital is at New Mombasa(Cairo)(it used to be at regular Mombasa. Points for getting the reference.) so as to be in a more central location.(diplomats travelled for months.) I wanted to put it at Baghdad but wasn't allowed since it's on another continent.
95A490F3A567721ECD1C892B5181DD6E7B66783F

Did I mention I stayed animist?
Mutapa is very easy to play due to massive gold income at start. The ottomans are your only threat so allying a great power is a must(quite difficult when animist).
644633A17FAA77E72B916D641C6F8797318839CB

Spain won the colonial game. It owns Brazil, Louisiana and most of everything north of that. The USA and Quebec are Dutch and the only sizeable non-catholics in the americas.
7D655512272983A2F8120A537C9AD780165D0CA6

Ming was huge and powerful, and allied to the Ottomans for a long time. It has been culture converting Mongolia, Northern India and the Uyghurs.
Not visible: cute animist Tidore and it's colony Tidoran Australia. I would've totally allied them when my war ended.

Reactions:
Anyone else tired of seeing Greece and Asia Minor as part of the pink blob?

Last edited:
Reactions:
Anyone else tired of seeing Greece in Asia Minor as part of the pink blob?
I almost never see that. Ottomans are almost always unshakable in every game I play where I am not directly butting heads with them.

But is anyone else tired of seeing the Muslim states conquer all of India in every game? And I mean every single one!
If I am not directly involved and playing a non-Muslim faction, the Bahamanis, Dehli, Jaunpur and Bengal always blob up easily. Sometimes they eat each other, but they still always crush the Hindu and Buddhist opposition. Always. And never do they experience any revolts either.

Reactions:
My current France game has a pretty strong westernized Vijay.

Yes, it keeps happening in my games. Poland is massively OP now.

I have never seen it either, sometimes Poland blobs into Bohemia and Brandenburg though. But in my most recent game as Albania. I managed to pull in France, Austria and PLC vs Ottomans early in the game. The Ottomans almost won that war...mostly because their annoying fort placement made it possible for them to bring their doomstack upon the split stacks of my allies and they had to trek for months to get around to help.

Later if PLC forms and Poland has their crazy ideas online they are very powerful but I havent really seen them blob as in some pictures here. Last couple of games Poland screws themselves out of the union by making war before they can enact the decision for me aswell.

Very nice! I'm doing a Kongo run right now going as a Shamanist and also became a constitutional republic in the 1630s. Agreed it is tough to get any decent allies with that religious type.

Most of the game, it is almost identical to being Sunni. You can generally ally nations that have the same rivals as you and similar or less strength. Shamanist, animist, Sunni West Africa can all ally Berber nations with the Iberians as rivals, once westernized and able to rival the Iberians oneself. Later in the game, having French/British/Austrian/Commonwealth rivals set as rivals and improving with them will turn them friendly if you're decently strong and they haven't also rivaled you already.

I never understood why people insist that religious differences are a serious barrier to useful allies in the mid-late game. It doesn't jive with what I see in practice, nor has it in previous patches. Heck, I've managed to diplovassal 90+ development nations in the HRE after dismantling it as a Sunni nation, while being allied to France.