• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
is there a way to install this manually? i have all the required dlcs but it says that they cant find my ck2 folder?
Unfortunately, no. Per Paradox modding policy, we need to make sure that mods that use DLC-derived assets are installed only after checking that the user has purchased corresponding DLCs, and the HIP installer does exactly that.

However, you are not the first one to experience this issue. Where is your CK2 folder located?

I experimented a little bit with the Norse portraits, replacing many parts with the German ones. Differences aren't major, and one downside to it is that the old portrait doesn't have as many wrinkles as I'd like (mostly an issue with the vanilla German assets themselves). What do you think?

IwpyvTB.jpg

What about the Norman, will they stay the same or will they be changed to use the German assets as well?
I've modified all Norse-based portraits accordingly. The Normans, Norse-Gael, and Crimean Goths. :)

I experimented a little bit with the Norse portraits, replacing many parts with the German ones. Differences aren't major, and one downside to it is that the old portrait doesn't have as many wrinkles as I'd like (mostly an issue with the vanilla German assets themselves). What do you think?

IwpyvTB.jpg

I tried this before but somehow it didn't convince me; I settled with using English noses for both sexes and English chins for the male, and gave more vibrant colors to hair and eyes. I find this assets more suitable for the Norse.
Male Norse Young.png Male Norse Mid.png Male Norse Old.png
Note that I've used original Norse base and cheeks, so they still look bigger than the rest of cultures.

Edit: My in-game Norse characters

Attachments

• Ingame.png
    Ingame.png
    1,6 MB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Unfortunately, no. Per Paradox modding policy, we need to make sure that mods that use DLC-derived assets are installed only after checking that the user has purchased corresponding DLCs, and the HIP installer does exactly that.

However, you are not the first one to experience this issue. Where is your CK2 folder located?

Maybe it's because I didn't purchase the dlc's on steam? It will be a pain, but I can redownload it through steam to get the games registered... it might be worth it considering how much I like what this mod does.

Maybe it's because I didn't purchase the dlc's on steam? It will be a pain, but I can redownload it through steam to get the games registered... it might be worth it considering how much I like what this mod does.
Ah yes, that’s exactly it. HIP installer checks for Steam install location.

Does this mod make use of all DLC portrait packs? I didn't see mention of it in the first post though I could have overlooked. I own all portraits, so I'd like to take advantage of them in a mod.