• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
eu4_map_ADU_1239_06_30_1.png
my wonderful Andalusian Empire

I like to call this the "Ruinconquista" campaign and i succeeded

It is the year 1236

I let Catalonia live because they are the only Iberian kingdom to not attack me by choice

I plan to colonize the Americas and expand into Africa but im pretty sure im done with Europe
eu4_map_ADU_1239_06_30_2.png

I am allied with Tunisia and the Sejuks and Brittany and Holland

I have 13k ducats and i make 30 a month

I have a 50k or so strong army

I wish i could upload a screenshot of just Europe but i keep getting an error message

This is my first real EU4 playthrough

What do you guys think?

Reactions:
Scandinavian Empire.jpg

This is my Danish-Scandinavian Empire!
There is 5 European colonisers in my game.
Huge Spain with entire La Plata/new Grandada and Mexico
A Solid Portugal with colonies in modern day US state of Louisiana, Brazil, chonks of West Africa and bits of Indonesia
A Medicore GB with new foundland, Half the Carebies and a pretty big 13 colonies.
The Netherlands are quite powerfull though i just destroyed their navy together with the brits. with modernday Niger, Southafrica and Taiwan.

Finally Scandinavia: The most of eastern canada and "new england" part of US the Lakes region Note: The circle is for showing the provinces i have in Louisiana, Cuba, Panama,Not a CN. Pretty much Bolivia, the blue just south is scandinavian and is 2 gold mines belonging to La Plata region, so i dont want to sell them. California and Baja California.Tahiti, yes i went though Panama :D, I am Colonising OZ and NZ and have one island colony in indonesia. Finally i got a mission to grain a foothold on Sri lanka and the island is under occupation but due to the " not holding a fort" and i do not have the army nor the logistics to due it with out risk, it will be ages before it is mine, however my fleet destroyed the Indian/persian/indonesian opposition and now 10 galleons are just chilling in the strait :D

How ever I am not sure how to proceed, here is my set of goals, but my 3 colonist can't be all over the place so need some advise :D
* I want to cut off new spain from the rest of North America, but my CN's are not really helping me here,
* Both Spain/Portugal is in Spice islands, and are ahead of me here!
* I dont want to share Australia with any of them!
* Madagaska is not colonised yet, but with Sri lanka in my hands it will be in reach and help me not tu suffer attribution going from Europe to the Far east.

what should i do, what will be the best solution? currently im planning to establish a CN in louisiana ASAP hoping that a CN Canada an Louisiana might reach the west coast while i form Australia. :?

Don't bother with Madagascar, the natives cripple colonial efforts there. Grab some of the south indian ocean islands instead. You should probably focus on Australia over the new world, based on what you have. Your CNs won't really help with colonising since it's slow for them, but make sure they have at least one colony going, subsidise them if they don't.

As for Spain/ Portugal: if you can fight them, do. Otherwise, get supporting independence in their colonies and weaken them that way.

My Qara Qoyunly into Persia game, for the 'This is Persia!' achievement. I tried to keep my and my neighbour's borders as clean as possible, and that sometimes required me to fight some useless wars. Overall a pretty fun game; stayed horde until I suddenly got two lucky stab events in quick succesion somewhere around 1650. With Muslim tech and neighbour bonussus, I quickly came back on par in tech with my western friends. I unified islam by sniping Cordoba and then selling it back to Spain, but I felt in the end I needed to prove my point to them by taking their southern shores.

Illyria, Moesia, Mzab, Gazikumukh and Khiva are my (cosmetic) vassals:

Reactions:
Thanks! Is the Interior of North america really that useless?

Go big or go home, really- most of the money from the interior will probably be trade. So dominating the route home is necessary. It's not useless, just that Australia will suit your needs better.

Reactions:
My Qara Qoyunly into Persia game, for the 'This is Persia!' achievement. I tried to keep my and my neighbour's borders as clean as possible, and that sometimes required me to fight some useless wars. Overall a pretty fun game; stayed horde until I suddenly got two lucky stab events in quick succesion somewhere around 1650. With Muslim tech and neighbour bonussus, I quickly came back on par in tech with my western friends. I unified islam by sniping Cordoba and then selling it back to Spain, but I felt in the end I needed to prove my point to them by taking their southern shores.

Illyria, Moesia, Mzab, Gazikumukh and Khiva are my (cosmetic) vassals:

Ok while I don't have any Empire to show for this thread (yet) but that Persia, and your vassals, are stunningly beautiful. I wish I had the courage to play a Horde, I don't mean to derail but any tips for someone who has never played a Horde would be very nice. Who knows I might make a super Mughal or Qing.

Ok while I don't have any Empire to show for this thread (yet) but that Persia, and your vassals, are stunningly beautiful. I wish I had the courage to play a Horde, I don't mean to derail but any tips for someone who has never played a Horde would be very nice. Who knows I might make a super Mughal or Qing.

Hordes are great fun, trust me. If you want to get into them, I suggest playing the Oirats or Crimea. The Oirats start with an excelent 5 shock general, which will able you to win your first wars easily, and makes you the strongest power in the region. Crimea can always ally the Ottomans, and that makes you rather powerful in itself.

Reactions:
Sharing another opm 'exidus' attempt..

- Messed up getting to 'murica' early, check.
- Keept fighting the britts on irland to long with my opm vassal and had to give up one of the provinces, only to come back late game to take it back, check.
- Should have gone for the Carribean aswell for the good money, but already almost fully occupied when I got to the americas and had to keep pace to try and keep the others out of the north, check.

- fun game, will try again :)

2015-08-20_00003.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen a lot of Switzerlakes in this thread, but as most of 'em have been bordergoring blobfests, I thought I'd do something a little er... prettier. So here it is!

2015_08_21_00004.jpg

eu4_map_SWI_1821_01_01_1.png

I've seen a lot of people complaining about 1.13's aggressive expansion, particularly in the HRE. Personally, I love it, so I thought, hey, why not try to conquer every rich province in all of west/central Europe? So... I did. Fairly early, at that. Never even took administrative ideas, either.

Sixteen max-level fortresses formed a perfect shield around my blob, meaning that the provinces in the center of the empire had over a century of peace toward the end of the game. Even with that, it was tough. I know it's ahistorical, but I love the way the AI overdevelops their provinces. Keeps the challenge escalating right up to the end. My final war - for OPM Burgundy - involved a coalition including every single Christian nation in Europe save for my allies in Naples, Portugal, and Lithuania, with over a million soldiers on both sides.

France and Poland were both my long-time allies... until the 1700's, when I decided that I wanted both of their lands. I declared war on France on a whim, and very nearly lost. That was exciting.

Some fun facts:

- Muscovy survived long enough to spread to the Pacific, but then their lands were all taken by Mongolia, Japan, Buryatia, and Kazan. A war in the late 1700's returned many of their cores to them, but for about two hundred years most of central Asia was Mongolian. Muscovy's new capital is Manila, in the Philippines.

- Only two succession wars were ever fought: one occurred during an independence war between the Thirteen Colonies and Great Britain, over the 'kingdom' of Choctaw. When the colony's war ended in failure, Choctaw regained independence. The other succession war was between Great Britain and Portugal over the independent realm of Nova Scotia. Yeah.

- The Netherlands were pushed out of Europe, fled to New Orleans, and became an OPM, where they developed until they had the richest province in the entire world.

Remaining a republic for the entire game was a goal of mine. Unfortunately, I re-elected a guy without realizing that he was 58 years old, RT dropped to 30, he proclaimed himself dictator for life, and then he died that December. By the end of the month I had dismantled the HRE and raised my own status to Empire, in a very successor-to-the-Romans sort of way. That dynasty, the von Rendsburgs, went on to lead the French Empire and the Kingdom of Bohemia (though I never claimed either throne). Two generations later, the Emperor died in battle against the Turks, leaving an infant on the throne. The infant died, and a seven-year interregnum began. I got a new dynasty, and for the rest of the game I found myself constantly fighting with the von Rendsburgs in my former allies, who probably considered themselves to be the true heirs to Switzerland.

Them CK2 feelings, man.

Just as with my Hungary game a while back, I made a gif showing my progress throughout the ages. I never lost a war this time, so that was something. Alas, Switzerland's colour is really difficult to see on the default grey, so I changed its colour a bit. Each frame is a new ruler:

Switzerland_coloured.gif

Not meaning to derail, but since I am planning a new campaign soon enough, as well as taking a picture of my current one when its finished, how do you get pictures like that, and how would one also make them into a Gif like you have? Also, sweet empire, you really did pretty well, in making the borders pretty good.

Edit - I've found out how, still do not know how to make a gif of it however.

Last edited:
I introduce the Maanid Caliphate (Which I misspelt as Calpihate), just a general overmap view of it for now, current year is 1664 and it is the dark red blob in the middle of everything.

JwpWSPp.png

Started from the Syrian region, its religion is Shia and currently could support around 120k, but I only have 100k fielded, currently mortal enemies with the Ottomans, Russia and France. Also westernized, as have the ottomans.

Reactions:
Given a series of still images, you can make a gif pretty easily using Photoshop or GIMP. Tutorials should be easy to find.

Only issue I have there is I do not have Gimp or Photoshop.

Finally finished my Genoa game! These guys are ridiculous with their missions giving them claims all across Europe... I had 100% Mercantilism by 1660 and that was with only completing the missions once each. Staying Catholic, keeping the Pope at +200 relations and conquering the African provinces gave me so much Papal Influence I must have clicked that Mercantilism button 20-30 times. Once I had that Mercantilism, I only needed one or two provinces per Trade Company to get the Merchant, so that's what I did. Was allies with France, Austria, Hungary and the Pope from 1444 to the 1700's, then France decided to rival me; if France had rivalled me from the start I would have taken all of their Occitan land and gotten it accepted earlier...

iy2ycg.png

2hnyo2s.png

m9xdvp.png

My Trade Income was over 1000 ducats before I got involved in a war with France over French Louisiana's Independence. I finished conquering Japan in 1782 and Ming's Trade Centres in 1789; Ming stayed strong for the entire game and was my ally from 1720-1780 so I was reluctant to actually take their nodes until the very end.

Ideas picked were Trade/Plutocratic (for Mercantilism events and Mediterranean nodes), then Innovative for the reduced War Exhaustion, then Administrative/Religious as I blobbed all over Africa, Maritime for the Grand Armada achievement, then Offensive and Expansion for finishing things off with the bigger nations and remaining African provinces. If I were to do this again, I'd go with Defensive over Maritime so I could stack the Morale bonus with Plutocratic

Hordes are great fun, trust me. If you want to get into them, I suggest playing the Oirats or Crimea. The Oirats start with an excelent 5 shock general, which will able you to win your first wars easily, and makes you the strongest power in the region. Crimea can always ally the Ottomans, and that makes you rather powerful in itself.

I will give them a shot though to be honest I am hoping to start as Haixi>Manchu>Qing in a Ironman run. I don't know why but I think it would be super fun. Anyway thanks for the tip :)

Reactions: