• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the ~120 years with CK2+ 1.13 and BLC7 in it I've only ever seen that happen once, so maybe it's just a random error?

Anyway, I'm going to bed, my eyelids refuse to cooperate anymore...
But before I go:

kol8h.png

RESISTENCE IS FUTILE. ONCE OUR CROWN AUTHORITY HAS BEEN RAISED ENOUGH, YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!

Errr, what I meant is, I kinda think this is the purple I'm settling for in the case of the HRE. Should I change it? If so why? I kinda like this shade.

In the ~120 years with CK2+ 1.13 and BLC7 in it I've only ever seen that happen once, so maybe it's just a random error?

Could be. :) I have yet to see it in my build, but I'm no longer using the BLC7 build so errrr, I am honestly unsure if it could happen or not - it didn't during my testing of the finalized build though.

/anyway off to bed now.

I am unsure about the colors on the Ravenna mosaic. Is there any other better/less discolored image out there? I do think I'm going to go a bit darker on the purple though.

On laurel crowns - I'll keep that in mind for a future tweak.

The RGB for Tyrian purple is 102, 2, 60 if that helps make it clearer for you. I think it'd look really nice, esp if textured like the other cloak. Could you work up a screenshot using that color? (fyi the shade of purple you're using in the HRE screenshot is also nice, esp. since it matches the frame, but I'd like to see what the genuine Tyrian purple looks like too... it'd be a nice contrast to have the HRE using the more modern purple, whereas the ERE uses the original imperial purple).

The RGB for Tyrian purple is 102, 2, 60 if that helps make it clearer for you. I think it'd look really nice, esp if textured like the other cloak. Could you work up a screenshot using that color? (fyi the shade of purple you're using in the HRE screenshot is also nice, esp. since it matches the frame, but I'd like to see what the genuine Tyrian purple looks like too... it'd be a nice contrast to have the HRE using the more modern purple, whereas the ERE uses the original imperial purple).

I've recolored the ERE cloak to a base RGB of 102, 2, 60.

RM0iL.png

I guess it looks slightly different in game...colors in these screens and colors as seen in game don't match 100%.

Huh. Something seems... odd. Maybe it's the darker purple in the texture? It just seems off. I prefer the ERE color, but the HRE texture looks better. Is it because it's not an in-game shot, or is it a result of the color replacement?

Huh. Something seems... odd. Maybe it's the darker purple in the texture? It just seems off. I prefer the ERE color, but the HRE texture looks better. Is it because it's not an in-game shot, or is it a result of the color replacement?

It looks _slightly_ different in game, -I like the HRE better in game actually- I think the color replacement tool is also partly at fault. I'm not using photoshop - can't be arsed to trial it or buy it, so my inferior software might not be quite uber at recoloring - but that's the result. I actually tend to retouch stuff pixel by pixel, in this case I haven't and I won't - I sadly lack the desire to commit the time to it,(might take one hour or more of my life I don't see the value of to get _just_ right) so I guess this recoloring will have to do - or I can use the HRE cloak color...either works for me, I like the HRE better as I said.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pvw5x9g4csiin5s

Federalist girl here are the dds if you want to check the colors, the two front clothes layers are in there just overwrite the files in german_male and byzantine_male folders with them (errr make a backup of those files) load up the game and look in the ruler editor (best way to see it easily) at the clothes. Ignore whatever else is on those layers. :laugh:

I've got the transparent HUD problem and some major lag especially during autosaves. I asked about this in the CK2+ thread but Wiz thought it might be a problem with your mod. Any idea whats causing the lag?

I've got the transparent HUD problem and some major lag especially during autosaves. I asked about this in the CK2+ thread but Wiz thought it might be a problem with your mod. Any idea whats causing the lag?

None whatsoever. I could never ever replicate that issue, maybe my computer is just too powerful? I doubt it though it's old in my book. :) Have you tried the fix in the first post, the one about the 2gb addresset?

Wow, you have really done a great job, very notable changes, since version 4 or 5...
However, there are some color-issues I am not too keen about... Both the "West-african" and "Italian" skintone doesn't look right... Way too much Cyan in it, which make them look almost grey and cold.. They should be much warmer, and especially the Westafrican color needs to be darker and more intense, otherwise it just look like a greyish muslim, and I think that is a shame, considering how much good work there is in this mod... :)

Wow, you have really done a great job, very notable changes, since version 4 or 5...
However, there are some color-issues I am not too keen about... Both the "West-african" and "Italian" skintone doesn't look right... Way too much Cyan in it, which make them look almost grey and cold.. They should be much warmer, and especially the Westafrican color needs to be darker and more intense, otherwise it just look like a greyish muslim, and I think that is a shame, considering how much good work there is in this mod... :)

I agree with you I don't like the skintones either, I rushed into posting them because I wanted stuff differentiated and had reached my time dedication limit when trying to get them to look decent back then. :laugh: I will maybe try to rework them slightly for version 8.

========

At some point I had decided version 7 was going to be the last BLC, but thinking people were supposedly not having issues with it, I got some enthusiasm back(which was hard after the boooooooring rework of the entire system, and the cut back in all dds frames etc, and an almost entire weekend spent bug and issue hunting rather than improving stuff) and started working on 8...now that I hear some keep having issues, I think I'm reverting to my earlier decision... that is to say version 8 is very very very likely going to be the last version. It's disheartening to put a lot of work in, then try for many hours to fix things then find out all that work was for naught... I guess had I been a Paradox employee working on improving the graphics it would have been different, but as a modder relying on enthusiasm alone to sustain my productivity, I'm starting to think of other things I should be doing with my time. :) (again :D)

I am starting to believe that the issues still experienced by some are solely a memory/game issue outside my control - or rather my only ability to control it is to cut back on the amount of dds loaded - which means to potentially renounce some of the dds the mod is using now. I can obviously cut back even further and renounce the use of some layers, even renounce a few cultures, and make them use dds from other cultures instead of their own... it's all about cutting back the memory load - the coding atm i believe is close to bulletproof - or rather close enough so there is no real issue with it... so further developing the mod would mostly become a guessing game of "how much do I need to cut in order for it to work for everyone"...wasting a lot of time in the process and not really improving the look of the game. It would go along the lines of - release version - then wait for a few days to hear from people that they experience issues - so I can then go and make a new version and cut some more stuff out to repeat the process... then one day when I'm close to vanilla dds load once more, suddenly everything will work perfectly, sadly it will also look pretty much like vanilla. :laugh:

So with that in mind I will try to muster the will to finish the very best v8 I can - NOTE if you haven't used the 2gigs fix I'm guessing you will have issues with it by default. I will most likely make a v8 that works hopefully for people without the mongol DLC, and once whatever v8(s) I release are out I'll take a step back and smell the roses, and maybe ocassionaly add some tweak - I seriously do not want to keep spending my time battling memory issues. :mad:

Paradox should hire you and Wiz, that would be awesome :D

Hehehe, thank you, I guess a lot of modders would give up a few fingers or other body parts to have a dream job like that.:cool: I remember making a scenario for Age of Kings many moons ago (1999?), The Fall of Constantinople, which for its time was quite awesome - and at the time I believe was for a while the most downloaded scenario for AoK, and thinking hey, I'm going to be a game designer hehehehe... many years and a history degree later, I realized modding is the only substitute to innate game designer needs hehehe, but sadly it's something that's alot harder to keep you motivated as opposed to a payed job -especially when you hit walls you can't really break -such as this memory issue. :) Now that I kind of lost my enthusiasm for BLC due to these issues, I might even go back to what I love more than graphics -actual gameplay- I wanted to make a gameplay mod for my own use- one centered around the idea of centralization and a professional army - I wanted for example to make a series of buildings (and events and traits etc) tied to high level of crown authority, tech levels etc, that simulated stages of centralization and a bureaucratic system and the creation of professional forces by the realm rulers, so for example you could raise the tagmata in Constantinople etc. -that and a lot of other things I would change in various ways to make the game feel like it "evolves" more and you have some long term goals and changes in the way everything works - so you could actually move from a feudal outlook, and in the case of the ERE have a much better sytem in place... anyway hopefully BLC didn't take all my CK2 steam out of me, maybe I'll even get some of this stuff done and enjoy the game lol.

I've been cutting down on layers for v8... I will cut things down as much as I can in order to minimize memory load... I am going to have cultures use layers from other cultures rather than their own etc. v8 is going to be as memory efficient as possible while retaining current diversity.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pvw5x9g4csiin5s

Federalist girl here are the dds if you want to check the colors, the two front clothes layers are in there just overwrite the files in german_male and byzantine_male folders with them (errr make a backup of those files) load up the game and look in the ruler editor (best way to see it easily) at the clothes. Ignore whatever else is on those layers. :laugh:

So portraits.txt should already take these into account, then?

Paradox should hire you and Wiz, that would be awesome :D

They would have to move to Sweden, or, have an entire office and team already assembled and working on an overhaul before they considered it. At least that's what Johan said during his AMA on reddit yesterday. Would be a pretty sweet job, though. :D /dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.